Old 09-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Laura, you inspire me to want to do more, just want to thank you. pasta night sounds good Rosebud, my husband cannot eat it but I can. He is on the no wheat diet.
I went in to see if I could get my glasses straightened up and the lady said Your glasses or scratch up bad and she went and checked on them and she said she was going to get me some new lenses that they were under warranty! yeah! So glad I went there and they were looking after me!
No Rosebud I hope I will never have to use the gun, thank you for the prayers but it still is fun shooting the target.

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-19-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

I heard there is no wheat pasta out there. Can't remember the name, but it is rice based.
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

My DIL eats no wheat, she made spaghetti with pasta made from rice, I could detect no differance from wheat pasta, she showed me the bag to prove it. She got it at a regular grocery store.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #49  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE and all ~ our local grocery store has a section that has lots of different rice-based products including crackers and bread. I have also seen a pasta made with lentils which we tried and liked it too (didn't check to see if there was any wheat in it though). They are coming out with all kinds of specialty products these days.

We had to go up town for an appointment so I went to our local second-hand shop too. I picked up some puzzles and a couple of ez games (chinese checkers) for DH & I. I found a round puzzle for myself with lots of pretty flowers. DH said that will take me forever to finish and I said, "Well, that's the whole point -- to have something to do all winter long".

I also got a bunch of books for me to read for the winter too. I found him a couple of western stories but I'm not sure he will actually read them. He used to read a bit, so I'm trying to coax him to read again. Hmmm, maybe if I got him some comics. I wonder if there are any good ones out there today; esp ones that have humor in them. Not sure ...

DH's sister plays cards for "change" with her DH to pass time; so I am gonna try that one with him too. He likes to play crib, and he was very good at it too; so I'll use that as a motivation -- he can build up his coin jar while playing a game.

Well, right now I am trying to decide what to have for my dinner. DH wants his Chicken Super Dogs (these are jumbo size hot dogs), and I am going to have a salad for sure. I just have to make up my mind what to have with it -- maybe some fish or chicken again ...

YOu know, as soon as we stepped out the door, it started to and the winds were blowing like crazy. Every time we stepped out of the vehicle it seemed. Then we get back home and it stopped and the came out.

We had a huge flock of baby starlings in our back yard this afternoon (they sound so cute when the chatter in the fur trees) -- and I was encouraging them to eat all the earwigs. We had lots this year; and many places (including businesses) had to spray to get rid of them, so I'm glad it wasn't just our place. It was the first time we had them sneak into our house but we didn't spray.

A lady told me that they had some coming in through the wall plug-ins where she worked -- oh my ... how gross. It was so upsetting to get a plate out of the cubby for dinner and have one practically kiss my nose. I would screech from fright (they are so ugly) becuz I wasn't expecting it; then I would have to get all the dishes down to make sure there wasn't any more. Then I washed them with javelle and hot, soapy water becuz I'm a germ nut ... No, it's true, they leave little tiny doodoos wherever they go. I'm not kidding!

DH and I were searching all over the place trying to find out how they were getting into the house, but we couldn't find any obvious things, but if they go into the walls and in through plug-ins, they can get in through any small crack, I guess. Apparently, they come in 7-years cycles, so I hope this was the biggie and we won't get them next year (in the house, I mean). WE always get them outside now. For many years they weren't here but they are now. People bring them from palce to place without realizing it; and they get into your garbage bins, and anything left outside.

The neighour has 5 kiddies and they would scream whenever they see them; and their DAD or MOM would have to run and assure them, they are OK. I saw the DAD out there emptying and spraying the cans. DH dumper ours out in the back lane .... EEEEWEOOOOO.

OK, now that I have grossed you all out, I'll go and start dinner. Are you still hungry ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #50  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

thanks bootsie!

well today is going good. I had my 8 wk ActivTrax progress check for my strength training program at the Y. They are increasing my level because I'm getting stronger. Can't believe I "graduate" the program in 4 more weeks. I feel really blessed I got to do this program and that it's free at my YMCA.
Afterward I got to work out for a while, did 1 hour and 20 minutes on the elliptical.
I'm really excited because my fiance is coming down tomorrow (he lives 2.5 hrs away) and Saturday we're going to the fair. Just the two of us! My mom is gonna watch Aiden so I can have the day off to spend with my hunny.
Tonight when mom is off work I'll take Aiden back to the Y when she goes and get a little more workout in. And I have a yummy green salad with grilled chicken waiting in the fridge for me when I get home.
Ooooh and I have to go back up to the grocery store later because they have fresh red raspberries on sale for $1 for a 6 oz clamshell container. I love them but they are usually so pricey. The toddler and I ate two containers last night. I want to get enough to freeze.

take care everyone!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #51  
Rosebud

LAURA ~ that's a really good price for raspberries for sure. I have some containers I put in the freezer when I got them for 3/$5.00 which is a good price for here. Hope you and your fiance have a nice weekend together.

The weather has been cold and wet here (lots of ) but we did have some yesterday afternoon so I went for a walk in the neighbourhood. I felt much better than I did on Thursday. Today, it's back to more and cold winds so I stayed in and did some reading after I answered some emails.

We had fish and chips (home-baked style), plus a salad for me for dinner tonight. I am planning on a nice roast beef for tomorrow with lots of veggies; and probably some baked apples too.

I have been doing some mending lately -- my clothes are getting so baggy that I am having to take them in and the hems up of my pants again so I have some to wear for the winter. I don't want to buy new ones just yet as these are still fairly new as it is. I hate to waste all that money if I am just gonna have to buy new stuff later on too. My tops are getting baggy too -- the sleeves are too long. So, I think I'll be doing mending and alterations for a few months anyways.

Just gonna relax for the rest of the weekend here. Besides riding his bike, DH has been raking leaves for something to do. Hope you all have a Super Serene Sunday tomorrow ...
Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

With the Lord's help I passed my test on shooting and I was really worried about the written test for I have a reading disease that sometimes I have to read a question 3 or 4 times before I can understand it. I prayed and prayed for God to help me through it I made a 92! I still cannot believe it! I made a 240 on the shooting , 250 is as high as you can get on it. One man got 249 is that not awesome! I am going to keep on practicing for what is the use of taking the test if you are not going to continue to practice.
Pray everyone has a wonderful Sunday and the best new week ever.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #53  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ to you on passing your tests -- that's super!!!

The day started out wet & cold, but later this afternoon, the came out and I went out to get a little walking in at least. Made a nice roast beef with loads of veggies for dinner as planned, plus baked some apples for dessert/snacks too. Have enuff leftover for tomorrow too; that is handy.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP week coming up too; and nice weather as well. They are promising more for this week; hope they are right!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #54  
Quit counting at 45!

Rosebud: Doesn't that feel good? I'm noticing the same thing in my clothes too and it won't be long and I will have to do the same thing.

Bootsie: Way to go on passing the test. I'm the same as you regarding having to read something over a few times before I get it.

Laura: I love how organized you are. You plan ahead and that is rewarding you.

I ate very few veggies this weekend. I made homemade chicken noodle soup and ate too much of it. Back on track today though. I will hopefully have a loss to report on Wednesday.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #55  
Laura

Smile

Well thanks Wilma, no one besides my mother appreciates my organization. (wait, I take that back. My landlord loves it too because even though my sis is perpetually late with rent I plan ahead and pay my share regardless.) Mom appreciates it, because I'm like her. I just like things neat, clean, and organized. And I like to make plans instead of just hoping things will fall into place. At 35 I'm already turning into my mama, lol. My sis and her husband don't ever plan anything and it drives me nuts. Probably just as much as my planning gets under their skin. Sis says its like living with mom. Which apparently is more irritating than, say, running out of gas which they have done 3 times in the last month. Silly me I would rather plan a trip to the gas station than ending up stranded. *sigh*

Well the fair is over at last!!! That was a long 3 weeks! The 2 yr old won't be accompanying me on all my workouts so I can get back to working out harder and longer. It was fun having him around but there were times when it woulda been so much simpler if I coul've left him at home. I get to go back to being selfish with my time because its my own again. That sounds awful but I just mean I am soooo looking forward to tonight when I can sleep for 8 whole hours! And maybe even watch something on TV besides Sprout (the pre-school channel.) I've seen enough of that to last me the rest of my days.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #56  
Rosebud

Quote:
I am soooo looking forward to tonight when I can sleep for 8 whole hours! And maybe even watch something on TV besides Sprout (the pre-school channel.) I've seen enough of that to last me the rest of my days.
LAURA ~ we understand completely; anyone who has had kiddies or looked after them understands, believe me. Hey, kiddo -- I love ya to pieces and all; and we had a wonderful fun-filled visit, but gee -- too bad it's time for you to go back home now, and I'm going to miss you so much ... Hope you get caught up on your sleep.

BTW, I am a very organized, neat person too! My DH is the total opposite, so I discovered AFTER we got married ... I suspect what we didn't know, GOD did! I'm sure HE was snickering as Miss Neatnik married the slob of the universe ...

Speaking of that, in our family we had a mix of neatniks and slobs; and often one neatnik & one slob ended up in the same bedroom, and that caused a lot of conflict as the neatnik had to wade through the slob's "clothes carpet" to get to their side of the room. Finally to stop the bickering, I suggested that my mother get them to switch sides so the neatnik was by the door. That way, they both could get into the room without tripping & injuring themselves & wondering what gross things they were stepping on; the slob could live in his/her slob heaven without annoying the neatnik; the neatnik's side would stay clean; and people walking by wouldn't see any mess. So, we finally had peace in bedroomland.

WILMA ~ yes, I am pleased that my clothes are too loose rather than too tight. It's a great NSV, but I have so much work to do ... oh well, it will give me something extra to do this winter for sure!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-24-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #57  

I have been clothes shopping in my closet, the pants I could not button can now be buttoned !!Hooray !!! I think it is more fun to shop in my closet than at the mall....although I am not giving up on the mall entirely.
When I was losing weight I bought my clothes at Salvation Army, Goodwill, Savers and consignment shops. I made some really good buys at those stores and very cheap. You can often get new clothes in those stores.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #58  
Rosebud

BARGOO ~ yes, I was just thinking that myself. We only have one second-hand place in this town, but I may be able to find a few things there. I can still wear the pants if I take them up; same for the dresses (and I have sewn some of the necklines already). When we moved, I gave a lot away; kinda regret that now, but I still have some that I can get into that were about one size too tight. I'll take a look for a few choice pieces to add into the mix to carry me through ...
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #59  
Laura

Smile

I celebrated my first day without the kiddo in the following ways:
1. I slept in. Got 9 solid hours.
2. Went to the Y and worked out solo for 5 hours! I'm tired but I feel good.
3. Came home and ate a dinner that a toddler would turn his nose up at and watched adult TV. (well that sounds worse than what I meant. Not "adult" as in x-rated, just not The Goodnight Show on Sprout. lol)
Old 09-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #60  

I just heard that Andy Williams has passed away. He brought us so many great songs and always seemed to be a great guy. RIP , Andy.