Old 09-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

LAURA ~ wow, you had a lot on your plate for sure; I'm glad that you didn't stress eat. You are stronger than you know, girl; and it's so nice that you are there for your family. What a blessing you are for them!

BOOTSIE ~ I'm so happy about all the you are getting down there; have been praying about that. I bet your flowers look wonderful. You are a busy lady too; may GOD bless you with strength and peace. I understand why you don't want to sell your grandmother's place; it could be a much-needed sanctuary away from home for you and yours.

We finally had some yesterday and today, it is supposed to be warmer too. I can see the leaves are changing on the trees already to yellow, gold, and a wine red -- so pretty though. Fall comes earlier here than the calendar allows for.

Eating has been going super this month -- PRZ GOD! I am baking a whole chicken with lots of veggies for dinner tonight; plus some apples for dessert too (with a handful of raisins & a little maple syrup & cinnamon). It is low calorie but oh, so yum ...

Hope you all have a Superbly Serene Sunday today ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-16-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #32  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow-such a stressful few weeks for us and for some of you all as well. Satan's definitely on the move, but our God is moving, as well, and we know Who wins in all this!

Rosebud-I second that I want to have dinner at your house!

Laura-I think your friends and family must count you as one of their greatest blessings. Sounds like you kept a very cool head in a couple stressful situations. God bless you!

Bootsie-you've gotten more rain that we've had all summer! I know how you feel about your grandma's house. It's sad that the gov't makes you pay to try to keep things in shape. We're on the other end right now-our tax value has gone down, which doesn't help when you want to sell, but the assessment value is much less than what we have into the place. And, we definitely don't have one of those sub-prime McMansion homes-we only paid 70,000, but the tax value has dropped to 50,000 now

Wilma-I'm still having such good luck with my 'diet' buddy. I think it's because we knew each other in high school, went our own ways, but have faced this struggle alone for so long, and didn't know how much it would help to have someone who came from the same place to share the journey with.
I'm so glad you shared your success with us!

The last 3 weeks have been so incredibly stressful, but God has worked and worked and DH goes back to work tomorrow! DS3 got his driver's license on his 16th birthday on Wednesday, then ended up with a broken windshield after football practice on Thursday, when someone threw a football at his truck, so, thank goodness, DH has his job back! Would have been nice if the kid who did it would have come forward and offered to help with the expense, but that just doesn't seem to happen anymore.

I was applying for jobs right and left when DH was fired, but haven't even gotten a phone call on any of them-makes me feel kinda unwanted, but I'm going to try to take a class for substitute teaching authorization, then maybe work on a teaching cert. in the future. Of course, still homeschooling DS3 for another year and a half, so I guess it's ok to not have a job, for now.

With the exception of a cold, cough, sinus, and eye infections, I've been feeling so much better since finding out about the wheat and dairy allergies and getting the stuff out of my diet! I seem to lose weight effortlessly now and rarely get hungry. I just eat when we decide it's time to eat and make myself wheat- and dairy-free brownies when I want a special snack. I don't even seem to have to count calories, as I get full much faster and don't have cravings, especially not for carbs! I need to go have some testing done, but had to cancel that appt. when we lost our insurance. Now that the insurance will be reinstated, I'll be able to reschedule and find out for sure if there are any other food allergies I need to watch for.

Well, must go and see if DH wants some dinner. Take care and have a great evening!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #33  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

thanks guys! That is such wonderful encouragement because I'm pretty much out of steam these days. I am being pulled in a dozen different directions. I'm thankful Mom has been around all weekend to help me out. The nephew/girlfriend aren't going to be finishing out this 3 week long fair so I just have to entertain them for a couple more days till I can get them on a train to go home. Your kind words really help when I am feeling like chief cook & bottle washer, chauffeur, and Cinderella all rolled into one! It's just a couple more days. Although getting them acrossed town on Tues to the train station means I have to reschedule an appointment I've had on my calendar for a month.
My mom watched the kiddo today so I could work out alone. I did 45 mins of strength training and 2.5 hrs of cardio. I'm tired but I feel great. Got to take yoga for the 1st time since the fair started. I needed that.
Oh, just 1 more week of this fair business. Can't wait to get back to my routine.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #34  
Quit counting at 45!

LAURA: I got stressed just reading your posts! You are handling it very well. You are a very caring person.

Ronni: I'm glad your buddy is working well for you. Mine is too. The weight is coming off very slowly but it is coming off. My buddy and I post what we eat each night. I need to start posting the exercise instead. I think (no, I know) that I will lose faster if I did.

Rosebud: It's gotten pretty cold here this week. It's hard to take after the hot summer we've had. We don't have those lovely autumn reds here in Manitoba. I've been to Ontario twice during Thanksgiving and I couldn't get over the beauty. Enjoy!

Bootsie: What kind of flowers are set to bloom this time of year?
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Wilma they are somekind of Iris my Grandmother planted years ago . So they are sort of a gift in Springtime and Fall from her, they are just beautiful. Maybe get back over there before they die out, but they will be back. You know I can not find a diet Buddy that will stick with it and encourage me except on line. gotta go feed hubbie he is wheat free too Ronni!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #36  
Quit counting at 45!

Bootsie: It's tough to find someone who sticks with it. At least you do have us here! I'd be happy to be your buddy if you want. Are you on facebook at all? I private message my buddy there each day. If you want to do this private message me here with your name and I'll find you on facebook.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #37  
Rosebud

RONNIE ~ PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD ... that was sure fast; we were praying for you on the weekend about this as I was worried about your financial situation. Congrats to DS3 on getting his license on the first try; that is fantastic! Glad you have found out your issues and are now seeing the scale come down. That's 3 awesome blessings from GOD -- you were way overdo!

BOOTSIE ~ those flowers are German Double-Blooming Irises; they bloom spring and fall. I had some spring blooming ones at the last place we lived but I'd love to get some doubles for here. I know Vesey's carries them, and I hope to get some in a bright color that would look good here.

I have a friend in Southern Ontario who I buddy with through email. She used to live here but we lost contact when she moved away (they moved around a lot). About 2 years ago, she saw a relative on facebook and asked if I would contact her. In our case, we write to each other 1-2 times a week. She has always had to battle her weight too, so we have a lot in common that way. I do eat less complex carbs & dairy than I did before, but I have to find a balance. Yesterday afternoon, I felt nauseated; so we prayed, then I took an aspirin, and I ate 1/4 cup canned baked beans. Within a very short time, I felt much better.

WILMA ~ that's true; it takes some getting used to the chilly, cold weather we get here every fall but I won't complain as GOD blesses us every year with spring & latter rains, so our grass and most of my flowers are still green and my rose peonies (the bush ones) are still producing flowers, albeit much slower right now.

LAURIE ~ glad things will be easing off for you very soon.

You know, ladies -- I make these meals the simplest way possible. I take a medium roasting pan, put in the whole chicken or roast, then surround it with whatever veggies I have on hand (fresh or in the freezer); top with some herbs & spices, and about 2 cups water. Pop it in the oven at 375 F and let the stove do all the work. I do that every Sunday now that the hot weather is gone; then we eat the leftovers over the next few days and for soups. In the summer, I use my crockpot or have something quick.

We have more here again today; but we had lovely for 2 days in between. Have a great week everyone ...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #38  

That is awesome you know your flowers so well Rosebud! If I can find what I did with my camera gonna take a picture of the place and see if I can get it on here. I am trying to find someone to do the electric work and plumbing in the house. To me it is like a cottage so small but so full of love.
Wilma will email you, yes I am on Facebook.
Well I did something never done before today and that is I shot an automatic pistol with some friends and it was fun trying to hit the target. Was afraid of the gun at first but once I got the hang of it loved it! Saturday I go to a class to get my license. All I really want to do is learn safety and carry it with me when I walk in the back of the pasture never know what is gonna pop out at you.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #39  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ wow, talk about going for the brass ring; you are taking on the world! Kudos to you, girl! I admire your spunk. I understand the dangers where you live with the cougars and coyotes, etc. You know, I took ARCHERY in high school and loved it too. We have a club here that does PAINT-BALL SHOOTING at targets, etc. Sometimes the paint splats on them too so they have to wear protective outfits and gear; but I bet they have lots of fun.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #40  

Rosebud When Hubbie opened the feed store this morning he said the coyotes were across the road howling about 100 yards. I practiced again tonight getting better an better but I am kinda concerned if I have an object running toward me to attack ,could I hit it! Not so sure?

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-18-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #41  
Quit counting at 45!

Weighed in again today and weight is the same. This is how my body works. Stay the same for a couple of weeks and then a shift. I guess that means I'm learning to maintain already.

I went golfing yesterday so I did get some exercise in. Plus it was fun. I went with my boss so I was getting paid while doing this also so that was a bonus.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Bootsie, be sure it is a coyote and not someones pet dog before you pull the trigger.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #43  

Oh I will Bargo, I am not anxious to kill anything, just really want to scare em off. I have had some of those Pet dogs chase me especially one big one. It was a cold night our dogs were just having a fit,I went out thinking it was an armidilla, and 4 red eyes looked at me and started to bark. One chased me, and thank God I did not have far to go.Got inside the door and he hit the door even though I was holding and screaming for my husband for help. The big dog pushed the door in and I pushed as hard as I could back and got it locked. If the big dog would of got a hold of me, since I smelt like my goats , I am sure he or she would of killed me. God was watching over me that night for that door was hard of opening and I was saying over and over Please Jesus open the door open the door! That was 20 years ago Bargo I cannot run fast anymore like I used to and if my animals are in danger I will be there for them. Never seen what color or what kind of dog the 2nd one was but it was a medium size dog and did not chase me, it just got smart went home where ever it came from and the other big dog did too guess he followed the other dog.
That is great Wilma , don't know much about playing golf but my brother did and sometimes I watch it on TV. I did not loose this week either , maybe it is in the air. LOL

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-19-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #44  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ yes, a moving target is another thing altogether. I know you are doing this for safety but hopefully, you won't ever have to use it. We'll pray for protective angels around you and yours ...

EDIT2ADD ~ I know that sometimes packs of dogs roam around; that happened on our farm when we were kids. Sadly, they attacked our sheep and we had to put one down. Thank GOD, the rest managed to get away from them. Boy, that must have been scary for you for sure.

WILMA ~ I tried golfing when I was younger, but I did more caddying than golfing. I started caddying at 10 years old for my mother. There's nothing wrong with maintaining, but the scales will go down again eventually, I'm sure of it.

We had a lovely today and that helped a bit as we had a very cold wind. My furry baby and I did get out for some fresh air for a little while at least. It's nice for DH too as he kinda goes stir-crazy if the weather is bad and he has nothing to do. I think I may try to find him some EZ puzzles or games for the wintertime. Anyone got any suggestions for someone like him?He likes to feed the birds every day, and he does some snow pushing for part of the day; but the more I can find for him to do, the better.

Tonight was pasta night -- we had penne with a garlic tomato sauce; and I added lots of veggies to replace some of the meat to lower the calories (onions, mushrooms, red & green sweet peppers, and zucchini). Have some leftover for lunch tomorrow, which is very handy too.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-19-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #45  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi everyone. Things are starting to calm down for me. I've gotten in a few good workouts the last 3 days and today I just did short one today since I had so much to do today. My nephew and his girlfriend have gone home now, back to California, so that takes quite a bit of pressure off me. Entertaining and tending to house guests (both with their own special needs) was a bit much for me since I'm still doing the puppy-sitting and watching a toddler for 5 more days. But the house is our own again and that helps a lot. The toddler, Aiden, is really loving going to the Y with me. Today after a marathon housework session I was going to take off a day from working out but he was so jazzed to go we went to work out for just a little while. Tired him out pretty good for a nap, lol. Nap=break time for Auntie Lolo. And I better wrap this up since he'll be waking up soon. Take care all.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote