Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #16  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

hi everyone,
all is good here. just checking in. hope everyone had a good weekend. looks like its gonna rain a lil here. guess taking the kiddo to the park tomorrow isn't gonna be the best idea so I think I'll work on a plan B. Ah, library will work! Nite everyone.

oh yeah, progress on my Sept goals:
weightloss goal of 13 lbs... 3 down, 10 to go.
miles goal is 100... 51.25 miles down and 48.75 to go
60 hours of cardio... 16.25 done, 43.75 to go
I'm really pleased with that since I have almost 3 wks left to work at it
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, I want to come to your hiose to eat, my meals sound so boring compared to yours. I do eat a banana every day, though. I put it in a smoothie , I do it for the potassium. I like fish, too, and will probably have some today.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #18  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
Rosebud, I want to come to your house to eat, my meals sound so boring compared to yours.
BARGOO ~ Thanks, I try to make meals that we really enjoy. I want this to be a long-term lifestyle change, so this is a must for me; and so far, it's working well. I took our family favorites & just made them healthier. There was no revolt in this house (by DH or any of my family or friends either). It took some experimenting, but I've tweaked & tweaked until I found lots of variety. This strategy has helped me to stick to my plan so much better too.

LAURA ~ you are doing great with your short-term goals; I love your list of the things you want to achieve. It's so positive and helps to re-inforce a positive attitude too. Congrats to you on your many mini-successes.

Well, today I had leftovers from last night for lunch; and we had some Homemade Texas Chili that I had made before and put in the freezer. I am planning to do the same with some pasta meat sauce next; and since the weather is getting cooler, I'll be making some pots of soup soon too. I like to be able to just take something Homemade out of the freezer when in a hurry.

Hope you all have a wonderful week ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud Texas Chili sounds good , though I like cornbread with mine and mashed potatoes. Been a long day so tired . Worked in my shop and read letters from my Mother to my brother, it is so nice to have something from my Mother to hang on too. She died when I was 21. Got a call from cousins cheered me up just love them and a gift in the mail from them!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #20  
Laura

thanks rosebud!

I'm so tired today ladies. But excited that tomorrow my mom is gonna watch Aiden so I can work out alone. I hope to put a few hours in. My arms are a little sore from my strength training. Food was good today. I only had around 1300 calories but it felt like more. Only got to do a little over an hr of cardio today.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #21  

Wanted to fix my Grandmothers house up but was told if I did the taxes would go up, they are already high enough, so I guess i will let it slowly rot to the ground. Why does the world have to be like that when you are trying to do something good?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
Wanted to fix my Grandmothers house up but was told if I did the taxes would go up, they are already high enough, so I guess i will let it slowly rot to the ground. Why does the world have to be like that when you are trying to do something good?
Another way to look at it, Bootsie. If you ever decide to sell it , it will get you a better price if you do some fixing up.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #23  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ you need to look into that more becuz I am sure that cosmetic improvements like a little paint, wallpaper, and trim won't cause the taxes to go up. I read the letter from our assessment division and they said major structural repairs/changes are what cause the taxes to go up (i.e. like a new porch, adding a room, etc). Since the house is older that should make a difference too.

I am honestly shocked how much our taxes are for our place; esp since it's an older home too and it hasn't had any major changes in a mega-years. I can't even imagine what the taxes on a new place would be. Our taxes went up this year but not becuz of any changes to our place -- it was just becuz they wanted more money.

Like BARGOO says, what you do could make a difference in the sale price; you need to compare that against the gain in the resale value. You could likely recoup that when you sell it anyways; and if you keep the repairs simple, there may not be any increase at all. It really depends on what you do to it. I would check into it before making a final decision.

BTW, about the Chili -- I skip all the extras to save calories, but DH has bread or toast with his too.

LAURIE ~ you are eating less calories than me; I don't go that low becuz my blood sugar levels would dip too low and I would be too hungry if I did (I tried that and it didn't feel good; dizzy spells are not wise).

Speaking of that; our dinner is ready (Pacific Wild Salmon with barley/rice and veggie mix and a salad). Have a great evening ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-11-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
BOOTSIE ~ you need to look into that more becuz I am sure that cosmetic improvements like a little paint, wallpaper, and trim won't cause the taxes to go up. I read the letter from our assessment division and they said major structural repairs/changes are what cause the taxes to go up (i.e. like a new porch, adding a room, etc). Since the house is older that should make a difference too.
:
Yes, to this. I believe this is what I have heard as well.Check into what they actually use to determine tax value. I know ours takes into consideration very very general condition of the house as well. Look into it, it might be you could do some things and the value wouldn't change much if at all.
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #25  

I checked into it today and yes the taxes go up because any improvements make it more valuable. Stinks ! It just is backwards to me now I know why people let all those buildings go that i seen riding on my trip I seen and could not understand why ,now I do!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #26  

I don't want to sale my Grandmothers home, I feel so much at peace there. What I want to do is fix it up in case of an emergency like the fire we had out here and burnt houses up , where we are another family would have a place to stay till they rebuilt, have Christmas and Thanksgiving there with my side of the family. My cousins may come visit and they would have their own place to stay , so many things. My heart is there, Christmas, Thanksgiving most of all Sunday dinners, Mama and Daddy , my Grandmother , my Uncle , my sisters and their families lived in that house at one time or another and it deeply saddens me that they punish people for trying to make things better. No common sense at all, I never want to sell it and I don't want it to slowly die either. I made the yard beautiful I hope that does not raise the taxes...geee. I have a big decision to make to do or not to do and i so much want to do, but I just need to think on it.

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-11-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #27  
Quit counting at 45!

I agree that it's not right to increase taxes for properties that are being improved cosmetically. It sure doesn't give incentive to keep your place looking nice.

I have lost the pound I gained last week. Up and down! I have been eating properly and staying within my calorie allowances this week so hopefully I will show a loss next week!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #28  

Hubbie and I talked it over and i am going to go ahead and fix the outside up as soon as my contractor can get to it. The place means a lot to me and when something means something to you need to take care of it or get rid of it so it will be took care of. Not ready to part with it. Besides who knows what tomorrow will bring may need a place to stay temporally don't think town could stand me to long, I am too country.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #29  
Laura

Smile

sorry I haven't been checking in. we have had a chaotic few days. minor emergencies to deal with. I think I've explained I am caring for my 2 yr old nephew for 3 weeks because my sister and her husband run 4 booths at the fair. (our fair here is very large, one of the biggest in the US) I also am puppy-sitting for my sis's MIL who has her own booth. My sis called in a panic on thurs because my 24 yr old nephew (one of her booth workers) felt like he was gonna have a seizure. He's epileptic. So I rushed across town to get him. He had a grand-mal seizure at home. Had to have my mom leave work early to help with the toddler during all this. And my nephew's girlfriend, also working a booth, had a breakdown of sorts. I had to make a second trip to the fair to pick her up too because she just wasn't able to handle the stress and worry. When my sis brought them up from California to Washington we did not know her needs. She has some emotional instability issues in addition to a mild form of autism (Asberghers. Spelling?) So along with watching the puppy who isn't trained, a 2 yr old, playing nurse on seizure watch, we also had to help the girlfriend navigate through a breakdown. Had to stop her from swallowing a bunch of pills. It was just a lot to deal with at once. But the crisis is over now. They both went back to work at the fair today and I got caught up on everything I'd fallen behind on. I haven't gotten to work out except walking and I'm looking forward to getting back to the Y tomorrow.

Anyway, I just wanted to explain my absence and say I'm back. I managed to keep the stress eating to a minimum. Thats a success in my book. Nite, y'all. Oh yeah, lost another pound today. yay!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #30  

Laura bless your heart , you work so hard , and a caring heart, so glad everyone is alright and you got caught up. That is one thing I think I will never get caught up! We went to a reunion today then to a car derby and sold tickets from 4 to 9:30 and I am so tired had to come home and feed the animals, gee... someone was suppose to take our place at 7PM but no show and I am wondering if they are alright. We went by my Grandmothers house and her red flowers are fixing to bloom ! It is going to be beautiful when they bloom! We also got a 4.5 inch rain! YEAH!!!