Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #16  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Today was weigh in day and I am back down the 2 lbs I gained last week. I am still patiently waiting to crack that 10 lb. mark. Hopefully next week. I've been doing really well with the eating part. It's the exercise that's still a challenge for me. Laura, you are an inspiration to me. Thanks for that! I plan on getting out walking more and I found a great weight workout on Pinterest I want to try. No excuses.

Have a great day everyone!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #17  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

aww! thanks wilma!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, I may not post every day but you are in my thoughts a lot and always in my prayers.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #19  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BARGOO ~ thanks, I know it and likewise for you too!

LAURA ~ thanks, I have to watch it for sure. It's a fine balance between getting some exercise and not over-doing it at the same time. So many old injuries and a genetic back issue to keep an eye on.

I am feeling better today ladies (and gents), so I'm sure all your prayers are helping me too! It seems as soon as I tell you guys what's wrong, it starts to feel better almost immediately. GOD is good. If we are faithful to pray; HE is faithful and will answer too.

I picked my beans yesterday. Got two baggies to put in the the freezer; and that was just the first little patch. Hope to get some more as the month progresses. Eating is going well; I've had some NSV's of making better choices this month. Warding off some temptations with determination; heard that little voice that shouted -- throw them out! Some junkies went into the garbage today; can't eat them if they are not here, right ...

Nice day with and cool temps -- luv it! Have a good week everyone. You are ALL in my prayers as well ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #20  

Rosebud, I have given myself permission to throw "perfectly good food out" a thought that was impossible for me a couple of years ago. I knew I had achieved something remarkable when I threw out half a peach pie.....one of my favorites.
I was raised with the admonition "children are starving in China" therefore I must clean up my plate, this was not negotiable and it was many, many, many years before I learned I did not have to clean up my plate.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #21  
Laura

Smile

hi all! I am so jazzed cuz I lost another 2 lbs! That makes 20 now. Since I started exercising the fat just seems to be melting off, which is no surprise considering how hot and sweaty I get, lol.

I had my best workout of all today! I'm on cloud 9 and so proud of myself. I did 3 hours of really intense cardio and 30 mins of strength training and 30 crunches. Yay me!

I started doing the couch-to-5k training. I did my 1st session the other day and my 2nd session today. It feels incredible to be working toward this goal. I am not going to push myself on the timeline. The program is intended to have you ready to run a 5k (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. I'll be stoked if I can do it in 9mos! I'll probably do "week 1" for 2 or 3 weeks until I feel ready to move onto "week 2."

Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #22  

Congratulations on the loss, you are doing great !
Old 08-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #23  
Rosebud

BARGOO ~ ya, gonna share with you what happened -- we went shopping on Tuesday. DH bought some junkies; that's fine, but he usually eats them or puts them away (he has a special cupboard just for that). Some tempt me; some don't. Well, he bought these chocolate peanut butter things and just left them there on the counter, but didn't eat them. By the next day, they had started to melt, so I suggested he put them in the fridge.

Big mistake. Every time I open the fridge, there they are -- I'm sure I could here them calling ... "eat me; eat me; eat me". So, I ended up having "one" on Tuesday (OK, just about 50-100 cals but still), and then another "one" on Wednesday -- but by now, I'm getting annoyed becuz they are still sitting there tempting me every time I open the fridge. Finally, by Thursday afternoon I'd had it -- so I threw them into the bottom of the garbage bin.

You see, we had a deal that he had to eat or hide his junkies, or I'm throwing them out. He had three days and never ate one. Don't worry, he didn't even recall that he had them in the first place; and wasn't even upset when I told him that I threw them out (He said he didn't blame me). He's not deprived becuz he still had his chippies, his muffins, his 6 GIANT cinnamon buns, his donut holes, his candies, his ice cream, and so on; so he had lots to snack on.

So, guess what we are not buying anymore? He's OK with that. He is supportive and understands that some things drive me bonkers: peanut butter & chocolate -- Like you, I thought about the wasted money, but then thought again: my health is more important. Another Non-Scale Victory: throwing junkies out!!!

On another good note: We all went for a walk in the neighbourhood early this AM. We took our furry baby with us as we are training him not to pull with a special face harness we found; and boy, it works well too. Now that the weather is better, we can go more often.

LAURA ~ congrats on another 2 lbs!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-11-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #24  
Laura

Default I cheated...

I took a sneak peek at the scale between weigh-ins. I lost 2 lbs yesterday when I weighed in officially but I couldn't resist peeking again today. I think I lost a couple more pounds today but it isn't official. I don't like to weigh every single day because I have a hard time telling the difference between natural fluctuations in weight or actual loss. So it won't be official till I weigh on Sunday but I have some high hopes. I really can't let myself cheat too often with sneaking peeks at the scale because I tend to obsess when I do that. It was just so hard to resist because I've been so good with diet and exercise lately and I am starting to feel a difference.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #25  

Chubbygirl, when I was first dieting I was so obsessed with the scale I weighed myself several times a day, if I got up in the middle of ht night to go to the bathroom I weighed myself. I was driving myself crazy. I finally locked my scale in the trunk of my car and since I lived in a third floor apartment I at least thought about it before I weighed myself. I am at goal now and weigh myself everyday, ONCE a day , I no longer obsess about it but I do want to know where I stand.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #26  
Laura

Smile

Bargoo- LOL! I can kinda resist at home but I can't seem to pass by the one in the locker room at the Y without stepping on it. But tomorrow is my weigh day so i'm allowed! Yay!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #27  
Laura

Smile

I lost 3 more lbs today!

happy dance!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbygirl253 View Post
I lost 3 more lbs today!

happy dance!
Congratulations !
Old 08-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #29  
Rosebud

LAURA ~ congrats on another 3 lbs ... you are starting this month off well!

We've had lovely weather here this week; some cooler temps and then some into the evenings as well. We had a bit of this afternoon, but just for a short time though. Woke up in the middle of the night with hot flashes thanks to hormone fluctuations; plus had to have the windows open and the fans on to cool me off so I could sleep ...

My eating is going well this month too; very pleased about that. Have added some strategies to ward off hunger and they are working. Added in more veggies, lean protein, and nutrient-rich foods and that helped a lot; plus making sure to get all my calories in each day. We had turkey thighs and loads of roasted veggies for dinner tonight -- one of my favorites, and so yummy and very filling!

Hope you all are having a good week too ...
Old 08-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #30  
Laura

Smile

I'm tired today. Did 3 hrs and 15 mins of cardio and 30 mins strength training. Stayed on plan even though I had pizza for dinner. (Papa Murphy's DeLite Hawaiian)