Old 07-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #46  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

LILY ~ glad that you are back and thanks for sharing that special story about your daughter, KATHARINE MARGARET & her friend, DAVID. He must love her very much; he's so dedicated to her. I am happy for you all that you are in contact again. Will send up some ^prayers^ for your daughter and her friend; and your family (plus I will put her in the PRAYER WARRIOR's Current List on PAGE ONE as well). I am thrilled for you that you are off insulin and your plan is working for you too!

I am feeling better today; and I'm sure ALL your prayers have something to do with that. No back pain today at all -- PRAIZE GOD: HE is so awesome!!! Words cannot convey how grateful I am for all our faithful friends here, your prayers, and GOD's continuous care towards myself and DH. We've had a wonderful week.

I ordered DH's three-wheel bike today; it should be here in about 1.5 weeks, and I know he is very excited about it. It was a wonderful surprise to find out the bike was $230.00 less than the guy has previously quoted; the prices have dropped that much since we talked to him about it last fall.

Eating went well this week; I was hungrier this week but I think that was becuz we were more active too. Still managed to stay on plan and under my daily cals every day -- PTL!

We had lots of fall during the night, so we didn't have to do any watering today. It is hotter out there now, high 80's but still bearable in here; a nice breeze and some clouds are helping a lot. It should cool off this evening.

Have a FABULOUS FRIDAY everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-13-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 306/253/205

Height: 5' 10"

Thank you bargoo! and thanks Rosebud, I will try and find the Prayer Warriors page, so I can add my prayers to others needs and requests!

Last edited by lilywinsit; 07-14-2012 at 12:16 AM.
lilywinsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #48  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Red face thanks so much for the support!

After 2 days of soreness i am actually looking forward to tomorrow's workout. but i think instead of killing myself for an hour on the treadmill plus 90 mins water aerobics i'm going to shoot for 45 mins on the treadmill and an hour of water aerobics. My diet is going great.

Lily-- thanks for sharing such an uplifting story about your daughter!

Thanks all of you so much for the support. Take care and God Bless
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #49  
Rosebud

LILY ~ your welcome; here's a link to the Current Prayer List on page one of our PRAYER WARRIOR's Thread (in this very forum); just click on it and you are there ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fait...hs-2012-a.html

LAURA ~ you have so much energy -- have fun and enjoy yourself as much as possible ...
Old 07-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #50  
Laura

Smile my workout went great!

worked out for 2 hours and I feel great, albeit a bit tired. but in the good way!
I did 50 mins on the
followed by 1 hr and 10 mins of water aerobics

still staying on plan with my diet though it isn't easy when other people in the house are eating junk like smores!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #51  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! So many encouraging posts since I was last here! And, glad to see more new people

It's just been a month of busy-ness and fatigue for me. DS3 had a good youth group trip to New Orleans and now loves flying (not so for me, but oh, well....). DS2 finished up his classes and can now get a few more hours in at his job before going back to college next month. DS1 and his wife seem to be having problems, but haven't told us anything about anything-all we know is she's staying with a friend and he has 2 of the kids when he's not at work. I just pray about that, as I know there's really nothing I can do or say unless they ask.

A month or so ago, someone (I believe it was Wilma) mentioned finding a diet buddy and it got me thinking and praying, wondering if I needed someone who knew me better who was fighting this same battle. A couple weeks later, a friend of mine from high school posted on Facebook that she needed some extra help, as she had gained back a bunch of the weight she had lost after her husband died....so, I contacted her privately, and we're working this together! She's like me in that she gets really tired of people who think you have to do it their way or it won't work...or worse, yet, those skinny people who have never, ever had to lose any weight, but think they have your answer So, since we're of such similar mindsets and both have faced this battle since we were in school together, we're working and praying on-line together! Now, I have 2 special buddy groups (you all and her) working with me in this battle!

I started a thread on Weight loss support about a couple supplements I've been trying, but started having some asthma-type coughing and heart palpitations, but could also be an allergy. Just trying to narrow things down.

Also, wanted to mention that my mom is doing GREAT!! She no longer has to use the walker and rarely even uses the cane and it's only been 10 weeks since her hip replacement! Saw her surgeon last Wednesday and he's very pleased. She's working on rebuilding the muscles in the area and wants to work on losing some of the weight she put on while waiting for the surgery. Many, many prayers were answered in getting her through this and we both praise God for what He did for her!

Well, must get going here-Hope you all have a really wonderful day! You'll all be in my prayers!

Last edited by ronni62; 07-16-2012 at 08:19 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #52  
Rosebud

LAURA ~ good for you for resisting those junkies -- that IS hard. Otherwise, it sounds like you are enjoying yourself with your exercise plan, and that is very important too ...

HI RONNI ~ Glad that you popped by as we sure miss you around here; but I am happy for you that you have found another buddy to help you in your journey & life. PRAIZE GOD for He has done wonderous things in your MOTHER's life; that poor dear suffered for so long. Will send up ^prayers^ for DS1 and his marriage/life. I know some people are so hesitant to involve their families when they are struggling; but the best thing we can do is pray for them all.

PRAIZE GOD for all the many blessings He has sent our way each day. My evening devotions all this past week have been about continuously focusing on the POSITIVE ... positive attitudes; positive thoughts; positive words; positive ideas; and positive solutions -- that is the way to victory in every area of our lives!

We've had nicer temps this weekend; and today is nice & cool. Eating went well last week; and I'm looking forward to another good one too. Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up as well ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-16-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #53  
Laura

Smile

everything is still going really good for me right now. trying to build up some momentum before I go for a trip to see my boyfriend for 5 days. I leave Wed. I'm so worried about staying on track. I'll check in every day when I'm there to help keep me accountable.

today I worked out for over 2 hours. (Water aerobics and treadmill) I'm really proud of myself. Tomorrow I am going for a walk through the forest and invited a couple girlfriends.

I also think making the decision not to weigh daily was the right one for me. Today was the first day I didn't weigh. Actually looking forward to weighing on Thursday. Taking my scale with me on my trip. So glad this decision helped me to stop obsessing!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #54  
Quit counting at 45!

I'm back from a weekend away. I planned ahead and took only fruit and veggies for snacks. We'll see if it worked when I weigh in tomorrow morning. Other than that my eating is going really well.

Ronni! I am so glad you found a diet buddy. It's so nice to have someone to be accountable to. We don't judge each other because life happens but we're there for each other when we struggle. You will find it makes a real difference even in making choices. Do I really want her to know I ate that?

Now we're beginning to record our exercise too. I'm slow starting out but its getting better.

Talk to you all tomorrow after my official weigh in!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #55  
Laura

Smile

I go on my 5 day trip tomorrow thru the weekend. I've been worried about staying on track but I feel pretty calm about it now. I can tell people have been praying about that for me. And it's appreciated! Now I am all packed and ready to make my trip with joy and not anxiety. It'll be a great visit and I will stay on plan. I'm even bringing my own scale, lol.

Speaking of praying for me, in addition to the Christian support on this site I thought it was time for me to ask a good friend of mine to pray for me throughout this weightloss journey. I explained to her that I have a WW buddy, a workout buddy, and family support. But I felt a nudge to ask her to pray for me throughout this process. It felt really good when she told me she already prays for me all the time anyway but that she would be happy to pray for me specifically in terms of my weightloss goals.

I joined the YMCA today! I'm excited to try some of the classes they offer like zumba, pilates, and spinning class. I even called the Y in the city I'm going to and asked if I could visit their facility while I'm away from home.

This morning I went on a hike with my friend Heather. It was fun and I can't wait to go again. Next time I'll bring my camera along. Lots of scenic photo opps missed.

I'm doing really well on my diet. It's been a couple weeks since I've gone off plan. Finally getting into the exercise routine. I'm starting to feel a lot better, physically and emotionally, even though I don't think any weightloss is visable yet. I'm just happier than I have been in a looooooong time. I'm really glad I found this site.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #56  
Quit counting at 45!

Weigh in this morning showed no loss or gain. This is good because of our weekend away and the hamburger I ate for dinner last night. Do you have Five Guys Burgers where you live? It's an American chain that is new to our city. The burgers (the little one) was huge. I don't even want to know how many calories are in it. DH wanted to try it out so I went with him. I won't be visiting there very often but the burger did taste good!

Laura: You look so well prepared for your holiday. That is so important. I planned for my weekend away with snacks I could eat and that helped me too. Have fun!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #57  
Laura

Smile this is day 1 of my trip, staying on plan!

My boyfriend's family and I went to a buffet restaurant for lunch. It's a national chain restaurant that has a chocolate fountain for crying out loud! But I wasn't tempted a bit. No dessert for this gal! Yay! I treated myself to a few items but I only took a half of a cheesy biscuit, and a half a fried chicken strip. The rest of my selections were guilt free. I hit that salad bar pretty hard, lol. And I tallied up the WW points for everything!

When we got back to his place we took a nice 2 mile walk.

Gonna eat lite the rest of the day so I think today was definitely a success. Not worried about tomorrow's weigh in at all.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #58  
Rosebud

WILMA ~ no, we don't have any places like that out here as far as I know; I haven't heard of them anyways. I have noticed that the burgers are getting bigger everywhere it seems. We have an A & W and a KFC, a Tim Hortons, two Sports Bar type places (one is a Steakhouse), a Railway fine dining restaurant & a Western Roadhouse-type place (with good food but very expensive), two Chinese food Places, three Pizza Places & three sub shops (2 combined), a Deli with great stuff (my favorite), two truckstops, and a couple of family owned, cafe-type places with take-out service as well. That's a lot for a town the size of ours (5000+). There used to be more, and we wonder why we have weight problems ...

LAURA ~ you are doing great; glad you are having a good time!

Eating is going well this week too; tonight we had baked fish, a few fries (about 5), one third ear of corn, and a nice salad with my own cherry tomatoes. We have nice cool temps here today -- that's why I was able to do a meal in the oven. DH put up the lovely birdhouse our friends made/gave us as a house-warming present today; it looks great on one of our big fir trees in the back yard.

Have a thoroughly OP Thursday, everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-19-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #59  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

The following is a poem by a Lutheran pastor named Gerhard Frost from a book called Seasons of a Lifetime.

The Demon of Self-Doubt

He’d had a great year

In kindergarten,

But now the going was hard

In first grade.

After reflection and brooding,

He came to his mother with a sad self-assessment

And solemn conclusion:

“I don’t think I’m really first grade;

I’m more kindergarten type.”

For another, it had been a significant career,

Fifty-five years of hard

And responsible work.

But now he sat alone,

Downcast and discouraged.

As I approached him with a greeting he said:

“I’m no good; I can’t work at anything any more.”

Two persons,

Each with a given dignity

And “justified by faith,”

Both deep in self-evaluation

And suffering

At the hands of the demon, Self-Doubt,

Both at a crossroad and needing wise and compassionate friends.

Voices are needed,

My voice and yours,

Voices of self-appointed guardians

Of the fragile egos

Of the very young and very old,

And everyone between,

Voices to proclaim

That God has loved us

Into dignity and worth forever.

Listen to those VOICES our Lord gives us to get through tough times...and be a VOICE to those that need to hear ours...be good
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #60  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Gary-good poem. Especially to remind us that we all doubt ourselves, but we need to look to God Who is the One who can lift us out of the doubting mindset. I'm praying for your test results. God bless

Rosebud-you're always a voice of encouragement-I love reading about your days.

Wilma-I'm so glad you mentioned your diet buddy. It definitely is making a difference for me, especially as she's someone I know from high school and we've both struggled our entire lives with the weight problem.

Well, I may have accidentally figured out what's causing my allergy symptoms (the heart palpitations and asthma cough and tightness). After a couple days of eliminating the new supplements and DS3's new BO killer, I was still having the problem a LOT, so started looking at what I had been eating and realized that the symptoms got worse after each meal. So, 1st I eliminated wheat and the symptoms decreased, but still having problems after some meals. Next, I eliminated dairy of all kinds and within 2 days, the symptoms have decreased 99%!!! I dropped nearly 3 pounds in a day and a half as well! So, I'm eliminating both wheat and dairy products for a while to see what happens. I know the only way to test it will be to add them back one at a time and see what happens, but I'm fairly convinced right now that I'm probably allergic to both wheat and dairy. I can't believe how much energy I woke up with this morning, too! Even the puffiness in my face is decreasing and my skin is less irritated-who knew??!!

I'm so glad I have you guys here as my other diet buddies Hope you all have a great day!

PS-if any of you are on Facebook and want to connect that way as well, PM me!

Last edited by ronni62; 07-19-2012 at 10:07 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote