Old 07-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #61  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GARY ~ oh, that poem is beautiful; love it! It's a keeper ... thanx for sharing that with us all here.

RONNIE ~ glad that you found the allergy culprit; I have issues with dairy too, and have cut my consumption of it way back. I can have small amounts of certain kinds like yogurt & yogurt ice cream, and hard cheeses, etc, but I do have to limit them. I believe GOD has healed me becuz I used to have chronic stomach pain and very, very severe diarrhea in the past. It is much better now. As soon as I eat anything with even a tiny bit of dairy (esp milk solids), I get stuffed up & nasal drip (DH gets conjested too); but at least it's not like it was before. I still can't eat more than 1/2 cup of regular ice cream or I get the runs within an hour; but thank goodness, there are a lot of lactose-free products available now.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-19-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #62  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile hi everyone! checking in on day 2 of my trip

Things are going great on my trip so far. Today is my hunny's bday and we went to his favorite pizza place. I didn't over-indulge and I counted the WW points. In fact, I think I may have over-estimated in my guessing but better safe than sorry. We took his 3-yr old to play at the playground for about an hour afterward so at least I was moving and walking.

Today was my weigh day and I'm down another pound. Yay! So glad I brought my scale with me on this trip.

Have a good week y'all and I'll check back in tomorrow
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #63  
Laura

Smile checking in

day 3 of my trip. having a great time. taking something of a free day today. had a double cheeseburger and shared an order of fries. had reduced fat ice cream later. But I am getting lots of exercise in the form of walking. (did some shopping with a lot of walking and walking all over the hospital visiting my boyfriend's dad.)

I will be back on track tomorrow though! I hope my one day of bad eating doesn't do too much damage when I weigh on Sunday morning
Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 231/169/125

Height: 4' 11"

Lost 2 pounds this week. Should have been more. Vacation Bible School this week. With the stress and temptations at snack I ate some things I should not have. I will say that I am happy that at least I lost and my Body Fat went down a little. Thanks Lord for small victories!
ConHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #65  
Rosebud

CONHOP ~ that's 2 more lbs that are gone forever, and that's great. Have fun at your BVS ...

CHUBBYGIRL ~ I take a flex day once a week too; yesterday was mine, but I did pretty good sticking at about 1805 -- not so bad. Had a craving for a peanut butter sandwich last night ... my bain really. I'm a peanut butter nut just like my DH, and many people in my family. Usually, I have that for BF or Lunch, so back to that strategy.

Today, we are having roast chicken with lotsa veggies: smalll new potatoes, yams, broccoli, baby carrots, and cauliflower. Plus, I made extra so that we could have the leftovers tomorrow; just have to heat them up. It was cooler here today, so I also baked some healthy muffins and put them in the freezer for next week too.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone ...
Old 07-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #66  
Laura

Smile

I'm baaaack! I had a great trip. Stayed on plan except one day. Lost a pound when I weighed Thursday. Lost another pound when I weighed Sunday. Gained 2 this morning. So I'm even for the week. Which is ok considering I was away from home, eating out, away from my treadmill and pool. And I had a great time. Got engaged on Saturday night. Boy was I surprised when he proposed in front of 20 of his closest friends!

Stayed op today but didn't work out. I'm housesitting now so once again I'm away from home and treadmill and pool. But I will hit the Y this week. Hopefully tomorrow if I don't have to take one of future bridesmaids to the doctor.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #67  
Quit counting at 45!

Congratulations Laura! I'm so happy for you and you did great not gaining.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #68  
Rosebud

LAURA ~ Wowie, congratulations to you!!! What a surprise indeedy! You did really well not gaining on a holiday; good for you ...
Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #69  
Quit counting at 45!

Weigh in day today. Another pound gone. It's coming off slowly but surely! I know I need to start exercising but I guess I'm a bit afraid of damaging my foot again. I think I'll start out slowly and build up from there.

Have a great day everyone.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #70  
Laura

Smile checking in/ accountability

I'm doing great, hope everyone else is. I've been house sitting so I haven't been near my computer as much so it's been a couple days.

I've been staying on plan so that's good. Not having any problems staying on the diet since I got back from my trip so that's a relief. Did ok on the trip except one day that I splurged but it caused me to stay at the same weight for the week so I didn't lose anything.

Been working out a lot!! Yay! I'm so proud of myself. I love going to the Y.

Yesterday I went and worked on some machines. Did for 30 min followed by 30 min on

Today I took a 45 min yoga class
followed by a 1 hr water aerobics class

Good luck to all of you!
By the way, I did the math... to make my weightloss goal by my wedding day (8/24/13) I have to consistently lose 12 lbs a month. That's about 3 lbs a week. I can do that! Tomorrow is weigh day for me.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations, Wilma on another pound gone forever.
Chubbygirl, great job staying on plan and getting all your exercise in.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #72  
Laura

Smile hello hello

Hi y'all. just checking in... I lost 2 lbs! I'll take it! Feels like it should be more with my extensive workouts this week but I know it won't just happen overnight.

I have stayed on plan every day this week and I worked out 2 and a half hours already today and I have a short hike scheduled with my mom after dinner so that will make it 3 hours total for the day just like I did yesterday.

I'm really proud of myself. Even when I lost a bunch of weight in 2007 I wasn't working out like this! I've never been so active. Can't wait till the weight starts falling off!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #73  
Rosebud

Congratulations, WILMA & CHUBBYGIRL on those losses; every lb counts!

We've had lovely weather here the last few days; in the 70 F or 20's C; with really nice breezes too. Did some shopping mid-week; picked up lots of fruit & veggies. Got lots of walking in that day as well -- more than I usually do so I was a bit stiff the next day. I'm feeling better today.

We ordered a 3-wheel bike for DH this month -- it arrived at the store, but wasn't pre-assembled like they'd hoped/ordered. We met the young fella who is trying to put it together; seems it was his first bike of this kind, so it was giving him a bit of trouble I think. We've been ^praying^ that GOD's mechanical angels will help him figure it all out. It was supposed to be delivered today but it was a no-show; I hope it is just becuz they are very busy at this time (which they are). DH saved up for some time for this bicycle; and I chipped in the rest as part of his 65th birthday present, and he is very excited about it.

Eating went very well this week; although, I did feel a bit hungry a few days. Today is my flex day, so I splurged and had some popcorn; but my meals are all still on track (and I think even with the popcorn, I am still under my calorie cap for the day). I don't always count the cals on my flex day -- I just journal what I eat on that day (at least once a month).

Hope you all have good weather for this weekend -- they are expecting it to be a bit warmer here ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-27-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #74  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have been here but glad to see this support section still going strong!

God's blessings on all of you.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #75  
Rosebud

HI AGAIN, MISTI ~ glad you stopped by over here. Best wishes on your continued WL journey & many blessings to you too!

Well, DH was tickled pink that his bike was delivered this AM. The delivery guy was kind and helped us put the basket on before he left. The only thing we had to do was secure the basket with some special clamps that were left over, and that only took a few minutes. GOD bless Frankie for putting the bike together, and Home Hardware too for the assembly & delivery, all for free. DH spent the rest of the day buzzing around town showing it off -- so cute!

Really nice weather here again today; got up to about 80 F but stayed nice indoors. We fixed a hole we found inside the bottom cupboards; and then watered the berry bushes, beans, and flower gardens as we didn't get the rain they had expected. They are calling for some early next week, so we'll see.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend too ...