Old 03-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Default New to group

Hi everyone,

I was so pleased to see something like this on a forum! I found this site recently when looking for some way to get support while embarking on yet another attempt to control my weight and get healthy for good. I often feel quite isolated on this journey and am so glad to see a place like this yet. And better still, a place for Christians as well

I'm 30, originally from Colorado but living in Ireland for the past 5 1/2 years. I came over here to work in youth ministry and am still doing similar work. My family is all back in Colorado so you can understand the isolation part!

My parents love the Lord deeply, as do I, and my Dad was healed of kidney cancer back in 2007 after he went on something called the hallelujah diet (very plant-heavy diet) and has been in the clear since. I know how important nutrition is and desperately want to be a good steward of my body.

Living in Ireland helps with getting rid of some bad lifestyle habits, but I have struggled with this since I was quite young and still have a ways to go, and would love to be the woman God created me to be - healthy and fully able to do His will.

Thanks for letting me ramble on & I look forward to getting to know more of you!

Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I have heard of the HALLELUJAH plan; I do think it is heavily based on vegetarianism like you said (vegan really, with lots of raw foods). We have a monthly CHAT THREAD in this Faith Forum called CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS -- why not come over and join us there for regular support and daily chat (or as you can come by).

You may have also noticed that we have a PRAYER WARRIOR THREAD where everyone can come and request prayers, plus share our mission of praying for others too.

Come back often, as I really think that helps a lot ...

Here's an interesting link about the Hallelujah Diet, if anyone is interested ...

http://www.hacres.com/hallelujah-diet

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-21-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome Dernhelm and good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcome! I'll look forward to coming by the Christian Encouragers thread and Prayer Warrior thread as well. Sounds great

It's great to be here - it's an excellent forum.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

Welcome!!! I am newer too! Where do you live in Ireland? I vie been all over! My favorite was the ayran islands!! Those r beautiful if you can make it. How has the Easter holiday been with your eating? I am away from my family too and find holidays tough
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote