3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   I'M not who I was (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/256582-im-not-who-i.html)

DollyMichele 04-09-2012 03:50 PM

I'M not who I was

Hi everyone, haven't posted here but i read this thread a lot. I am a Christian and have also changed my lifestyle recently to lose weight & be more active. Today I was struggling with not food but friends. Ex-friends to be specific. I got married & lost 2 friends because they were not invited. the fact that no one was invited was lost on them. so 6 months later i am trying to give one of my ex-friends back an important book & she will not communicate with me. It is so frustrating trying to be an adult when they won't. But then I remembered the lyrics to this song.

Brandon Heath - "I'm Not Who I Was". Such a great song about letting go of pain and hurt. Because I really am not who I was, thanks to Christ. And I have changed so much as my relationship with Christ grows. I am somewhat sad for the loss but I now realize that this is probably for the best. No more drama and I can find real-Christian girlfriends. So God has turned my worry into worship in about 10 minutes. I am so thankful for His presence in my life. Also, 21 pounds gone forever! Woot !! :carrot:

Here is to the next 19 taking a hike too! :cool:

bargoo 04-09-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DollyMichele (Post 4286366)
So God has turned my worry into worship in about 10 minutes. :cool:

Love this !

Justwant2Bhealthy 04-09-2012 05:30 PM

That's right, DOLLY ~ we're not who we were -- the LORD has changed us so much, and we are movin' on to better friends, a better way, a better life, and a better place.

I agree about the worship way too: whenever I feel stressed or annoyed or whatever, I use a praise & prayer strategy, often putting on some really nice Christian music and just worship away.

Glad you stopped by; do come again ... :D

ItsMyTurn 04-17-2012 06:18 PM

What a great telling of events - and as all good stories go; there is a happy ending !!! I have many songs I have turned to in the last 6 months - serving as constant reminders.... but I think the biggest reminder is: well... short story...

I had a "friend" (use the term loosely) who criticized how strict I am with DD. DD has many illnesses and reality is, some physical restrainsts. I allow her to do more than I should, but do not (regardless what "she" believes) shelter her in any way. This was the straw that broke the camel's back and I felt myself about to snap. Honestly, no idea why it popped in my head... but as she turned and walked away and my face was red with frustration (vein popping in head ticked)... instantly thought of Jesus. He was stoned, cast out, treated horribly...and he STILL died for US... died for those people who treated him as such... gave his life so those very same people could be forgiven of sins and have everlasting life.... Ok.. reality check. That "friend" had an opinion... it upset me... should it? Absolutely allowed to have feelings, but I was not treating it in a Godly manner and almost crossed a line myself.

It's weird... but things like that just pop in my head. I am calmed by those, and music. Kirk Franklin, Jamie Slocum just recently. I know how you feel and soooo very glad your faith held you :) Worship is part of the armor that holds us strong :)

CurvyNerd 06-18-2012 10:19 AM

That is wonderful! There are so many people that can not handle when a friend changes their life for the better, be it becoming closer to the Lord, marriage, going to college, or losing weight. Those people don't belong in our life if they can not still accept us and love us through those changes. God will bring people into your life that will be a blessing to you.