Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Talking Christian Encouragers ~ MARCH ...

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #2  
Rosebud

WELCOME ... to the month of March, everyone. This is the month we celebrate St. Patty's Day for all of us Irish folks; and my family has Irish on both sides ...

We went shopping on Wednesday; walked my feet off until they were sore, but we got a lot accomplished. Then, it takes me til dinnertime to get everthing sorted and put away. I always pick up something cooked so I don't have to make dinner, but DH wanted his Super Chicken Dogs; so we had that (I had mine with salad; no bun). I had picked up a BBQ Spit Chicken, so we had that tonight for dinner with tators & coleslaw and sliced tomatoes.

I picked up a couple of Flash drives for my laptop so I can save my music (songs) and pictures, plus anything else I want to store. I got them half-price so that was a great deal.

I went to bed early last night to rest my feet. Today, I felt a whole lot better -- did my bills and books for the end of February and my budget for the month of March. Plus I have to do our income tax as well. The rest of the day, we just did stuff around here; nothing big or momentous. A quiet day really ...

Tomorrow will be different though. Hope you all have a Marvellous Month of March ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-04-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

ROSEBUD thanks for getting March going for us!

Gonna be a GrandpaX2 this month....

GRANDdaughter1 was born this month last year....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

It's a snowy day here today. We've had an incredible winter with very little snow and now that spring is around the corner we're getting the snow. It is so pretty and we know it won't last long.

I have been getting up pretty much every morning to go on the elliptical and am increasing my time each week. I find that now I want to go longer - who would have thought??

I am going to plan a menu for next week and cut back on the sugars and fats. With DH gone most of the week I won't have to cook many of the carbs that he thinks has to be part of a meal. Pray for me please that I can do it. I find that after work its often much easier to just cook some eggs.

Garry: A year old already? Wow! Mine will be 6 months this month. And maybe I'll have another one in March too. I know the mom is hoping it'll be on time and not late. Can't wait!!

Rosebud: You seem like a very organized person and I think that's why you are having success. I'm that way at work but not so much at home. Menu planning is such a great idea and if you shop according to sale flyers it's even better!

A great weekend to you all!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You March Grandparents have nothing on me. A baby girl is expected around March 29.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #6  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

hello! Thank you want2bhealthy for the servant's prayer, it's really beautiful!
I found a faith based group kind of interesting, since most christians really like their pot-lucks with all that scrumptious food in one sitting! I'm part of a really small congregation so we used to eat together on Sundays almost every week so as we grew spiritually we were also growing physically! One of our ladies just had gastric bypass surgery so it got all of our attentions. We realized getting together couldn't include bunches of food without making her feel uncomfortable, and we also had the better realization that we should all try to better our health and find other ways to spend time together. So we get together for a ladies bible study once a week with plenty of water to drink and we've all been trying to walk together throughout the week. So we are now a family getting skinny and supporting each other physically and spiritually.
Part of my weight goals for March are based on wanting to fit in some of my nicer dress clothes for a revival I've been invited to sing at sometime at the end of the month. I have so many nice clothes that I haven't been able to wear in 5yrs! And, I'd love to get back into some heels!
Well, I'm hoping to get to know more of you over time, hope you all have a blessed weekend!
qtapostolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #7  
Rosebud

KELLY ~ That's wonderful that you are working together as a group/church to support each other. We have discussed that very thing here on our chat threads in the past -- how a lot of churches preach at people for being overweight, but then turn around and serve cakes & cookies & kool-aide after church; then there are the bake sales and the potlucks, as you say. Some churches might not be willing to cut them out (the potlucks), but they could encourage people to bring healthier food and snacks.

While we are not responsible for how others live, we do think "WE ARE OUR BROTHER'S KEEPER" to coin a phrase from the bible. How we set an example is more important than what we say, IMHO ... Now, I am not perfect by any means; and am not near where I want to be, but I am on my way. And, I am very grateful to GOD and for the support that I have received here, as my health has improved so much over the last few years. Glad you joined us over here too.

Oh and btw, glad you like that Servant's Prayer, but it is not one of my poems. It's been here as long as I have been, and I don't know where it came from, but it is very inspirational to us all ...

EDIT TO ADD: I did a search and found out that the Servant's Prayer was posted by DONNA (SunnyD57) way back in May 2004 in the CE thread for the National Day of Prayer. She said at that time that it was recorded in 1985 (probably meaning that it was a song), but she doesn't give the author's name.

HI WILMA ~ seems like you are on a roll now; good for you! Yes, I have been told that I am very organized person; it helps things run more smoothly and just eliminates one kind of stress from our lives.

Wowie, lots of March babies here; sounds like an epidemic, but a good one. Have sent up some ^prayers^ concerning those tornadoes in the southern states. We pray for Angel protection around the people and pets, esp the children, LORD; and we thank you, in advance ... Amen.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend too ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-02-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

oops, got this on the wrong thread......

I need to get a plan for my weight loss. I am hoping to get some ideas from this forum. Does anyone know of a simple menu plan for low carb that doesn't require too much expensive meat? OK, so asking for something tough, but that is my life right now.

Last edited by auntnelly; 03-03-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: wrong thread....edited for this thread.
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #9  
Rosebud

NELLY ~ you don't have to use the most expensive meats -- you can use chicken thighs or legs, turkey, tuna fish or salmon, lean hamburger, pork shoulder roasts, beef pot roast, stew beef, shoulder ham, pork chops, sausages, chicken franks, liver, eggs, cheese, and beans.

Here's a sample weekly menu; just sub in what you can afford ...

SUNDAY: roast or baked chicken/turkey with veggies
MONDAY: pot roast or ham or pork chops/steak
TUESDAY: leftovers dinner; or soup or stew
WEDNESDAY: pasta &/ hamburg meal; or casserole
THURSDAY: chicken super dogs or bean pot
FRIDAY: favorite fun meal like HM pizza; or BBQ
SATURDAY: fish & chips & coleslaw; or optional day

When we lived at home with 6 kids + parents; we had a roast beef or pork; or ham; or chicken or turkey on Sundays -- and made a stew or casserole on Monday out of the leftovers. I always made pasta & hamburg meal on Wednesdays (i.e. spagetti & meatballs).

Here are some of our favorite quick meals for families ~

-- chicken-veggie stew with dumplings
-- hamburg/onions/pasta in mushroom sauce.
-- shepherd's pie: with veggies & mash
-- hamburg hash: onions/beef gravy + mash/veggie
-- pork chops/onion in mushroom sauce + tators/veggie
-- baked chicken pieces in HM BBQ sauce/ with rice/veggies
-- hamburg patties/onions in tomatoes + mash + veggie
-- sausages/onions + tators/cream corn/coleslaw.
-- hamburger steak/onions + sliced tomatoes + tators
-- bbq ribs & chicken w/tators & coleslaw
-- meatloaf w/mash/peas & carrots
-- franks/onions & beans OR mash & veggies
-- cabbage rolls; or mock casserole
-- picnic/shoulder ham with potato-carrot scallop
-- veggie-beef stew with tea biscuits
-- seasoned liver & onions, corn/mash
-- chili bean pot with veggies
-- creamed salmon on toast or salmon patties
-- tuna &/ cheese pasta casserole
-- quiches; frittatas; omelettes w/homefries/veggies
-- stuffed pitas & tortilla wraps
-- stir-fries with rice & veggies
-- hm hot dog pizza (Sat)
-- sloppy joes (Sat)
-- fresh fish my brother caught
-- BBQ: steak, pork chops, chicken thighs, burgers, hot dogs, bangers (big sausages); corn/tators

I try to have 2 veggies; or sliced veggies; or salad with dinner meals: ie coleslaw or romaine salad or a mix of both. I had a salad of just sliced cukes & tomatoes last night. As for being low-carb, you can make those meals and just eat the meat & veggies or salad; or just have a small serving.

ECONO TIP ~ I buy the more expensive meats when they are on sale, and in bulk -- i.e. steak, chicken breasts, thighs (for BBQ), lean pork chops, back spare ribs, whole or cut-up chickens, turkeys, roasts, super chicken dogs, lean or xtra-lean hamburger, and bangers (large sausages). That way we save money, but still afford to eat the best meats too.

Chicken thighs, cross-rib/blade or sirloin steaks, rib/end pork chops, bangers, super dogs, and hamburgers are great for the BBQ. Just buy extra when they are on sale, and put them in your freezer.

Our family ate most of these meals regularly, and we were not over-weight until we started eating junkie snack foods in between the meals.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-04-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Rosebud~~ Thank you SO much for this! It is very amazing!! I plan to print it out and study it and I think it will be very helpful. We have a crowd of boys, so food just doesn't go very far, but hoping this will help.

Funny how the cheapest stuff is usually the worst for you...but some days we just have to do with what we have.

Thanks again, and I'll have to let you know what I come up with! right now I'm headed to bed!
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI LADIES

Angie is out walking one of our goldens, the other one and I just went for 1/4 of a block as that is all the vet allows her until we get x-rays done. She has been experiencing pain for over 10 days on the side of her knee surgery. Don't know what it is, hip, knee....??

It is a beautiful day here Most of the day has been in the 80's. A nice day to stay inside and watch NASCAR and my LAKERS while Angie did our taxes

You are right about SUNNYD putting up the Servant's Prayer ROSEBUD. The thread has been around longer than the 10 years I have been here...WILMA has been here longer! I can't remember it closing, praise God

GRANDdaughter was here yesterday afternoon through this morning for a sleepover. We had so much fun I can't believe she is only 3 weeks away from being a year old. My second grandchild is due next Saturday but my daughter says no signs of that happening, she thinks it will be longer. No hurry here, just praying for a safe landing for mother and child

Church was awesome today. Kids were celebrating Lutheran Schools Week. A lot of youth music, plus we had a retired Pastor that attends our church do the sermon. Our Pastor is recovering nicely from surgery. It is always, usually, nice to have someone different every once in a while. But boy do we miss our Pastor already..we sure hope he is back for Easter...that was the plan.

Well gals, I will chat later....my niece just came to get an egg
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone , sorry I been absent for a while. been running in circles like a blind dog. Dinners, and yesterday had the Rabies drive and I had my brother in laws Birthday and Sausage went to be with the Lord and had to bury her, thankful my brother in law helped me dig her grave.

I been trying to help Sausage but she got were she could not walk at all I made her a cage at 2 in the morning, out of wire , wire stand and my grandsons baby pen, took me about a couple hours where she could lay and not wet all over her self. I decided a week ago if she did not get better i was going to have the vet end it for she was beginning to be in so much pain . I did get her some medicine but she still was in pain. I just felt if i put her down the Devil would get her I prayed and prayed and God showed mercy on her. The day the vet was to come, I went out to feed and told her good morning little girl and she raised her head and looked at me , like she was so glad to see me and I told her i was going to go feed the sheep and come back and get her outside. When I went out to feed the sheep, I heard her howl. When I came back into the barn I saw she went to be with the Lord. I was so thankful for I knew she was with Jesus! Also thankful he let me have her for 19 years. There was times I was wondering if he was listening but should of known better for he was , he truly was.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #13  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ of course, she is with GOD; animals are his beloved creations too and he loves them like we do. I prayed with you that the LORD would take her home soon, so she wouldn't have to suffer too long. I think when you decided to call the vet, that was a sign to the LORD that you were truly ready to let her go back home. I have heard of this happening before ...

And, BOOTSIE -- the LORD is always listening to us; our angels hear us too. In the book of Psalms, David mentions over and over how GOD hears and answers our prayers. Sometimes, He answers them in his time and his way; but he always answers them. I so know what you have been going through; I miss my Sweetie and darling Pin every day ...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #14  

Hi everyone. I am new here, so hope I am doing this correctly. I started the Optitrim program 4 months ago and I am down 30 lbs. I have not been able to stick to any kind of diet or programs in many many years really if ever. The wt has been creeping on and I reached my heaviest. I give God all the credit, because I cannot do it on my own. My goal when I started was 70 lbs. So I have 40 to go.
I would like to get more involved in this site for encouragement.
Thank you and God Bless
dlparrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #15  
Rosebud

DL ~ ya, you are doing just fine; glad you found us over here. I haven't been on the Optitrim plan but I think I have read about it; maybe something like medi-fast or similar plans. My sister went on that once. Seems you are well on your way -- congrats on losing 30 lbs forever; that's a great start for sure. I agree that GOD is giving us strength every day; we don't always realize He is doing that, but He is ...

Yesterday, I only got in to check the prayer thread; fell asleep early last night -- but I'm not complaining as that was answer to prayer for me. I had been having trouble sleeping over the last year, but lately that has been getting a whole lot better (must be all the prayers you've been saying for me). I now go to bed earlier than i did before; and that's been helping my legs alot too.

Sometimes I do a puzzle and/or read a bit first; mostly, I do a devotional and then just relax and pray for people -- I find that very calming and before I know it, I have drifted off to dreamland ...

We had baked chicken pieces in BBQ sauce with veggies for dinner last night. I felt very hungry yesterday (all day), so today I made my meals a bit more filling; had some soup for lunch with my veggie-pita pizza, and then we are having a favorite pasta meal with veggies for dinner tonight. That usually helps.

The temps are really mild here today; above 12C (53 F) and it was higher than that this AM. We have as well, so it's melting here right now. This happens every March; it melts a bit, then freezes and snows some more, and repeats the process until we have hardly any snow in April. I'm telling you, it feels like spring out there today. The birdies were even taking baths in the huge puddles on the road ...

Have a wonderful Wednesday ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-07-2012 at 03:31 PM.