3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers ~ JANUARY (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/249475-christian-encouragers-%7E-january.html)

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-01-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Rosebud, you always have the best sounding dinners....too bad I am not close enough to drop in about dinnertime.

:lol: YES, we do live kinda far away from each other, don't we; only a country stretch though ... ;) Well, today we just had something very quick and simple: Tuna Casserole for Two + plus I had a small salad with mine. Today is our pasta day, and I wanted something different. Gotta give the cook a break now and then too ... :D

We had nice :sunny: for most of the day, but we got a big dump of at least four inches of ***** last night. Then the plow went by and gave us some more -- so DH did a lot of shoveling today. I called him in a couple of times to give him a break: hot homemade soup for lunch, and some muffins with his coffee in the aft. He's already slim and seems to me he has lost a bit of weight this year. Right now, he's playing with NIKO and he's barking up a storm in the background here. Both of them are gonna sleep good tonight ... :lol:

I just did my Wednesday chores; tidying up; meals; dishes, and so forth today; nothing too exciting. After trying some Eccentric Arm Yoga which looks very easy, but is actually very difficult, I laid down to do a bit reading in the aft and to rest my musculs. I watched the videos on YouTube.

:yoga: :workout: :exercise: :workout: :boxing:

I've looking for more stuff I can do indoors for exercise, and to burn more calories that isn't way too beyond me. Well, I was able to do them with her, but I may pay for it tomorrow; hope not, as we are going shopping and the weather is supposed to be nice again.

Have a good night; and keep warm ... :coolsnow:

bargoo 02-01-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy (Post 4199583)
:lol: YES, we do live kinda far away from each other, don't we; only a country stretch though ... ;) Well, today we just had something very quick and simple: Tuna Casserole for Two + plus I had a small salad with mine. Today is our pasta day, and I wanted something different. Gotta give the cook a break now and then too ... :D

... :coolsnow:

Ah, tuna casserole, one of the first things I learned to make as a young bride.

tbmmom 02-02-2012 09:01 AM

Good morning everyone!

Rosebud, stay warm with all of that snow!!! We have been spared this winter. I'm certain we will pay big time in March.

Please pray for my husband. He is having a tough morning. The surgeons and nurses told me that we might have days when he feels somewhat depressed. This is the first one we is having since we left the hospital. I know that this is just part of the healing process, but it's difficult to see him like this.

Thank you for your prayers and I have each of you on my prayer list today. Blessings!!!

bargoo 02-02-2012 09:05 AM

tbmmom, praying for your husband, and praying for strength for you.

wilma12 02-02-2012 01:31 PM

Just popping in to say hello. Not much happening around here these days. The weather is incredible for a usually cold climate. I'm sure not complaining!

I've been doing better with my meals and also exercising. Starting slowly and increasing each day. I am trying to really cut back on sugars and salt. Makes it interesting to plan meals but with DH gone most of the week I get to eat what I want. So, it's fish or chicken and veggies. Then when he comes home I add more of the carbs as he can't seem to eat a meal without a potato, rice, etc.

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-02-2012 07:58 PM

TBMMOM ~ sending up some extra ^prayers^ for you & your DH -- that was a big operation to go through. We are getting more snow this year, but the temps have been milder and we don't mind that at all really. :hug:

DH got all our lane done and even did part of the neighbours for him too; he had hired someone with a big machine but the guy only did part of it. Our neighbour was sent home from work yesterday becuz he got hit on the head with a metal beam :eek:, but he looked OK and was gone again this morning.

OOPS: EDIT TO ADD ~ DH just told me that the neighbour told him that he didn't hire any guy to clean his laneway; that he did it without asking, then wanted him to pay for it. Heck, he even tried to make DH pay for it. DH told him -- "That's not my place, and I didn't hire anybody!" Wow, some people gotta lotta nerve, eh? :dizzy:

WILMA ~ my DH is a big potato guy too; I think lots of men need more carbs to keep their weight up. I always give DH a double serving of potatoes and rice and such, as he has a hard time keeping his weight up as it is. Today I bought him some small donuts for snacks (I put some in the freezer and take them out as needed); along with the muffins I make him, that should help a bit, I hope. He ate one container already after we got home today; yes, the whole thing. :lol:

Quote:

Ah, tuna casserole, one of the first things I learned to make as a young bride.
Ya, while it's not something we eat regularly, it is easy & quick; and we both like it. I add veggies to make it healthier & hardier for both of us. It's a homey kind of dish that's great for the winter time, and a thrifty way to use tuna as well ... :D

We had a big day shopping; sure got lots of walking in today, but we won't run out of food for a good while. Will have to put my legs up to rest very soon as my feet are tired & sore, becuz after we shop, I still have to put everything away, then make dinner -- so am on my feet all day long ...

We had chicken today -- 2 x nice size chicken breast tenders + a few tators + salad for me (DH had extra tators instead of that). That was pretty easy to make too. Again, not something we eat all the time, but really nice for a change too.

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow -- I will be resting ... ;)

Bootsie 02-03-2012 08:03 PM

Sorry i been tending to sick hubbie, business, ranch and now my 19 year old border collie, a good friend, is dieing and I been digging her grave by myself and I think she is just waiting for me to finish have about a foot to go. Suppose to rain tonight and it should soften the ground up. i asked God to take her and give her comfort she has been such a good dog and friend.

bargoo 02-03-2012 08:10 PM

Bootsie, so sorry about your dog. I know how hard it is to let them go. Praying that you will find comfort at thie time.

bargoo 02-03-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treadmiler (Post 4162717)
Hi gang! First day on the forum here. If the body is a temple I fear I have let mine fall into disrepair :( Joined the Y a couple weeks ago, still waiting to see results

"I can resist anything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde

Welcome to our forum, please come back so we can get to know you.

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-03-2012 08:44 PM

BOOTSIE ~ :hug: You sure have your hands full right now; sending up some xtra ^prayers^ for you & yours at this time. I understand how you feel about your beloved furry friend for sure -- 19 years is a very long time. They bring so much Love into our daily lives; I really believe they are GOD's special angels sent here to love us in a very special way ... :hug:

Bootsie 02-03-2012 09:37 PM

Bargo & Rosebud thank you, could use prayer. It is tough, but you know I am thankful to our Lord Jesus for putting her in my life and sharing her with me. He blessed me so very much. Sausage was a working dog and her dear sister Tippy who I lost 4 years ago was just like to right extra hands when it came to helping with the goats and sheep. We also had some great laughs too. You say a dog laugh, yeah they may not do it out loud but the day i slipped on the ice & snow and those two dogs came over to me looked like they were grinning from ear to ear, wiggling their bodies like a snake crawling and licking me yeah they had a good laugh! i couldn't help for laughing at them!

EZMONEY 02-03-2012 11:02 PM

BOOTSIE....a bazillion hugs of comfort

Bootsie 02-04-2012 06:43 PM

Thanks Gary, I hope everyone is having a great weekend, fixing to go eat some wild game chili, hope it does not upset my belly.