Old 10-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #31  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
What do people do wth no prayer partners and no hope ? I feel so sorry for them I wifh they would accept this great free gift that is offered to all.
Thanks for your prayers , rosebud.
I often wonder that myself BARGOO...even posted about hope in another thread this evening.

As you know that dreaded "C" runs in my family....father, grandfather,cousins....and one that strengthens mine and your relationship my sister.

I see the stuggles, the trips to the doctor, the $$$ problems, the "worry"

I hope I don't get it. The odds are great that I will.

But just as you and I know...we are both assured of eternity with EVERY SINGLE DAY being a bazillion times better than our best day EVER on Earth...

If I had just twice the joy on Earth in one day as the days my children or my granddaughter was born I would collapse with the weight of the tears of joy!

Of course neither of us wants to check our coats here any time soon...but at least we can hope on the GOOD NEWS that the moment we close our eyes here they open forever in Paradise!

That is what my sister hopes for every single day now....

And that, my dear friend, is worth living for

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-15-2011 at 10:51 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #32  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
Of course neither of us wants to check our coats here any time soon...but at least we can hope on the GOOD NEWS that the moment we close our eyes here they open forever in Paradise!

Yes, we feel the same way about this. While we are here, we pray with all the faith we have, believing and knowing that our loving Father doesn't want any of us to suffer; but wants us all to be well. Some experiences here are for learning and growing in our faith, as you mentioned. They can bring us into a relationship with Him; or even closer to GOD, if we let them.

And for those who's time may be near, we pray for a peaceful, painfree, & tranquil journey back home to be with our LORD. We all know about the "C" trials here: our family too, as you know. Many have been healed, but some have gone home; and through it all, GOD has given us strength & peace & faith & a great HOPE -- for now & all eternity.

Prayers continue for Denise and all your family as well ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Yes , I have the big C, it has visited me twice in my lifetime, but strange as it may sound, there are worse things that can happen.
I only mention my Cancer once in awhile in the hope there may be someone that it can help. My favorite scriptures are Phillipians 4:5-7.. I have truly found the peace of God which passes all understanding.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #34  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
.... Phillipians 4:5-7.. I have truly found the peace of God which passes all understanding.
Scripture that we usually exit church with
Old 10-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Scripture that we usually exit church with
It works anytime !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #36  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Sitting here watching the World Series with my goldens at my feet Angie is off at her monthly teacher group BUNKO game tonight.

We went to a street fair Sunday after church, one we go to about every other year. They expected 40,000 people there but I didn't see that...not close. We were a little disappointed as there have been way more vendors in the past. We go to one here in the next city over that brings in over 100,000 people twice a year around Mother's Day and Thanksgiving. We try to get to at least one of those every other year. You kind of see the same things at all of them.

We did have a nice lunch at a new place that focused on Avocados I had mahi-mahi tacos with mango salsa and Angie and my step-d had veggie tacos.

We bought some cool coffee from a vendor called HisCoffeeCo. they had Raise The Dead (double French Roast) ~ Vanilla From Heaven (flavored) ~ Holy Grounds (medium) ~ Be Still (decaf) I am pretty sure it has backing from a Catholic bunch...not sure but the coffee I got, Holy Grounds, was very good.

A church friend of mine sent this to me via facebook tonight. A very nice site with some nice music to listen to ~ http://gregronning.com/?p=291

We have the house all decorated up for Halloween but as with the last two years we will be going to church with our dogs...all dressed and decorated, truck and all as pirates for the Trunk or Treat fun! We all decorate our cars or trucks and costumes....games and a lot of fun stuff for the kids.

Well Ladies that's all I have tonight
Old 10-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #37  
Rosebud

GARY ~ thanks for that link; look forward to using it. Did you once say that your church had an online service and site? Could you share the link again please. I thought I had it but with these newer PC's, I have to start my favorites lists all over again with each one. I should make a file of the links and save them on a disk ...

That coffee place sounds really fun and creative; clever idea really. Those veggie tacos sound good too. DH and I are trying out new dishes too; more meatless and/ veggie dishes too. I think half our meals (over the day) are meatless now; we still sub with cheese, eggs, beans, peanut butter, etc. I guess you would say they are quasi-vegetarian becuz we still eat fish & poultry a few times a week too. I still like to have some red meat, but we have cut our portions way down. When I was single, I ate a lot less meat dishes; marriage changed that for me. DH is a meat & potatoes guy, but he is very tolerant of my experiments, and he luvs fish. I've made him rice & veggie stir-fries without meat; and he liked it. I often make homemade vegetable soup, which we both luv. I even make my pita pizzas without meat now too. Sometimes, I give Dh meat, and I have something else instead -- like he luvs his super dogs, so I'll have my veggie pita pizza instead. It's working out good.

We've just been staying home this week; doing stuff around here. The weather has been wet, chilly, and cold. Today it is very windy, so not fun to go out today. DH is trying to fix a door knob assembly; having some trouble, but it gives him something to do when indoors. Actually, there are probably many things he could do; but I let him choose what he wants to do. Keeps him happy ...

I've been doing a small sorting job each day; by next spring, we may have everything sorted out. I have already gathered almost 8 boxes of stuff for goodwill ... again. I am trying to get rid of anything we are not really using; might as well let someone else have it, and it raises money for a good cause too.

Hope everyone is having a great week out there; take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-20-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #38  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

ROSEBUD

Stopping in between errands.

We do have a link to our church it is www.faithvista.org sometimes it is not very updated!

Here is the link to the Facebook page which is more active!

https://www.facebook.com/faithvista?v=app_2392950137

There are some short videos of the youth on the page that is up plus Angie's bell choir song which I posted before. Also a sermon from our Pastor on Oct.2 and one from our Vicar on Sept.25. We don't post all sermons but we do do some, depends on if someone is there Saturday nights to run the camera. As you can see in the pictures our Saturday night crowd is a bit thin compared to Sunday...usually around 50-60 people.

You will never see me in those videos...my assigned seat...lol....is on the far left middle ...by the Good Shepherd window!! I have sat there for over 30 years...lol

Be good
Old 10-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #39  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Oh also ROSEBUD here is a link to a thread I have going on less meat more veggies in case you have not seen it. Some good ideas given by the ladies.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vege...ie-dinner.html

It may be moved...seems there may be a problem where it is located because of the "meat" talk...

If it does I am sure there will be a link to it.

bye
Old 10-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #40  
Rosebud

THANKS for all those links; I had a chuckle - lol - becuz the second post on the veggie thread mentioned veggie pizza and soup too. Sounds like this is getting very popular ...
Old 10-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #41  
Rosebud

Hope all our friends are having a good October. Our weather has cooled off some now. Did get a little on and off this weekend which is always nice; sure appreciate this long fall this year. Was still able to hang a couple of loads of clothes out this weekend; and they didn't freeze ...

I made a nice hot pot garden soup for lunch today; it warms you up nicely on a cool fall day, and is very healthy. I make this one quite often becuz we like it so much: it has a base of celery, onions, carrots, yams, turnip, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, corn, and barley in a veggie or chicken broth. Today I added a few dumplings and it was yum ...

We're having roasted chicken & veggies for dinner tonight. Might bake some rhubarb and apples for dessert too. Did really good with my eating this week; happy about that too. BTW, DH got that doorknob fixed; well, he had to buy a new one, but it's on and working perfectly. We're getting lots more birdies at our feeders right now (chickadees & sparrows); I think they are stalking up for winter -- they emptied the hanging feeder in only a few days ... little rascals.

Well time for tea; and maybe I'll get that dinner started too. Take good care, and have a great week ... Rosebud

Edit to add ...
BTW, dinner was delish; and made a nice fruit dish of apples, rhubarb & raisins with cinnamon & nutmeg for dessert: yum! I used 2 tbl sugar + sweetener. Good for dessert and a snack.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-23-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #42  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ just checkin' in for the mid-week. Well, the temps have gone down a bit more today (in the mid-high 40's F), but the did come out this afternoon and that was nice. DH finished cleaning up the other front garden for the year (cleared away all the refuse); so they are good for next year. We may add some more soil next spring to give them a boost.

I was able to hang another load of clothes out again today; and they did dry. That saves $$$ on the hydro, which is good becuz we did have to up the heat a bit with those temps. I sorted out some more stuff and emptied another big box today. This will be an on-going process over the winter, I'm sure.

I hope to get up town this week to find some books to read for the winter; will give me something to read on those long winter nights. DH & I seem to have caught a wee bug (flu or cold); it's pretty mild so far -- with a bit of a fever and sniffles -- hope it stays that way and leaves pretty soon.

Gonna go to bed early tonight; bundle up warm and rest -- DH has already done that, but he may end up being wide awake all night going to bed this early. Oh well, he can always watch a movie, if needs be.

My eating has been good so far this week; I made another pot of soup for this week -- one with a tomato & veggie base from some leftover pork we had on Monday.

Hope you all are having a great week out there; take good care now ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-26-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals

Wow, doesn't look like I have posted here for a while ... I do check in daily.

I was busy most of the week watching my granddaughter I can't believe how much time it takes to do that She just goes and goes and goes. I chase her all over the house and she is still just crawling! She will stay in the playpen and play for a bit sometimes ok...boy does that help 'ol grandpa catch his breath!

She has a swing, a jump-jumpy thing we hang on the door and one of those "entertainment" center things she sits in and can circle around the play things in her seat. It is stationary. She just has so much energy!

So much fun

I had a part day of work on Friday so my sister watched her over here, next week I will be working Tues-Fri so she will watch her all week as I have a dentist appointment on Mon.

Monday night we will go to church for Trunk or Treat...should be a blast.
I bought candy for that and for the ones that we will see here after we get home..boy is that expensive this year! Maybe it always is...maybe I am watching closer since work has been slower.

The weather here has been outstanding! Very chilly mornings but warms up to gorgeous days!

Angie taught a yoga class this morning at the yoga studio, went to bell choir practice, washed her car in the driveway and is up working on some purses for the bazaar at church next Saturday. She is teaching two classes of yoga at church now on Thursday and really getting a solid group for both. Some nights she will have close to thirty people all together.

Well, I better wrap up here. My nephew just called and said he was on his way over with a few friends...he turned 21 yesterday and I told him I had his birthday $$$ here...I am sure he will spend it tonight...need to work on my designated driver talk!!

Be Good ~ Gary
Old 10-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #44  
Rosebud

GARY ~ Wow, you are right -- this week passed by so quickly here too; I haven't posted since Wednesday (oh my). We are having cooler temps also; but we have had some lovely all week, which is nice (like we do right now). We had our first real ***** this week; one batch had flakes as big as quarters/loonies, but when the sun came out right afterwards, it all melted and we've been pretty dry ever since. We have really been blessed with nice weather this fall. No complaints here ...

MY SIL took me up town on Friday (boy, it was very busy); so I did get to go get a box of books for the winter. They were clearing them out for new stuff -- so they were free, but I gave them a donation anyways. I also found some white quilted material to make insulated panels for our windows to put behind the lace curtains; they will help keep the cold out for the winter. I read about that from a lady who lived up in the North West Territories. So, I will be making those by hand, but it shouldn't be too bad.

I also was able to get some shopping done on Friday as well; stocked up with lots & lots of veggies this week. Gee, they already have Christmas gifts out on display here; they used to wait until after Halloween. It was nice to run into some long-time friends & acquaintances, and have a wee chat with them while I was there. My legs were getting sore after awhile though (got lots of walking in that day), so I rested them after I put all the groceries away.

Today, I made DH some Pumpkin Muffins for a snack; plus a pumpkin custard, to go along with our Sunday dinner of baked BBQ Chicken Wings, with new potatoes and a broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix. This place smells really nice with all those nice spices wafting around the house. My eating went very well this week.

DH is doing more small repairs around the house; he fixed the closet doors so they slide better this weekend, but I have to touch up the paint (when he finds it again). We stored the leftover paint in the basement, but it seems DH moved it and now can't find it. It is just a matter of time & patience; so I'll do the touch-ups then. I hear the saw going & some hammering; he must be working on another project; good -- it is keeping him busy ...

Hope all our friends are having a nice Sunday; ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours. Have a great week coming up too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-30-2011 at 05:08 PM.