Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #46  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

Angie and I had a nice week-end here too ROSEBUD

I worked a little Saturday morning at my daughter's condo, as she and her husband flew to Minnesota this week-end with her brother, to see their grandpa who is aging quickly. A good time for me to set up scaffold and do some things went she wasn't there. Good thing my brother and I went down there too, she had a pipe with a pinhole that had been leaking for awhile, a disaster just waiting to happen! Especially when you are gone for a few days.

We went to the Viking Fest yesterday, a lot of people from church there too. We didn't work any shifts this year and just relaxed, drank some beer and ate a lot of high calorie food well I did anyway

Our service at church was great, our vicar did the sermon and rocked it! I felt bad for my sister though, she had an ovarian cyst removed on Monday and was having some issues, having to get up and go potty all through service...poor thing, she has been through so much the last few years

I spent most of the day watching football and paying bills, while Angie took Rylee to the dogwash...Reba still not allowed that activity yet but she is getting so much better.

STAR prayers have been sent for your daughter.

Well, time to shower up for tomorrow....have a great week ladies.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 09-25-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #47  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Rosebud - Thank you for the prayers, they are greatly appreciated. I can't imagine making a turkey dinner in the heat we are having still here (though we haven't been over 110 in a few weeks, but 109 is still hot, lol)

Gary - Thank you for the prayers, we are so thankful. Sounds like you have been staying really busy - you are truly a blessing for your family
Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #48  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

STAR ~ we've been having typical fall weather for our area -- in the high 60's and up to about 75 F over the last week; still cool enuff to bake a turkey (I think it was raining the day I baked it though, so the oven actually warmed the place up a bit). When it's really hot here, I don't bake in the oven either -- I do meals on the stove top or use my crockpot.

I did laundry today and hung it outside; dries in a couple of hours that way. I just hung out some bed linens which makes them smell so fresh. We had our washer hooked up on the main floor which is handy for me; and we have our extra dryer hooked up in the basement for now -- if we need to use it, DH will be carting laundry for me, but he doesn't mind. We will have the set dryer hooked up upstairs later on.

Paid up our bills today; glad to get all the xtra moving expenses paid. Had our furnaced checked and cleaned; it's good to go for another year. One more month of overlap bills for the hydro (October) then we will be back to monthly expenses. This place is almost the same carrying costs as our apartment was; but any minor difference is well worth it for the peace & quiet we have here, plus we are investing our $$$ into our own place.

My sister couldn't believe how sound proof the walls are here -- I think it's the brick and the fact that the outside walls are almost 1 foot deep that is helping keep the noise out. Needless to say, we love living here; it's so homey ...

Time to go look for something for dinner; a nice, healthy dinner with salad. Have a great week everyone ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-26-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #49  
~Star~

Rosebud - We always hang our clothes as well, helps tremendously with electric bill. I am so glad that it sounds like things are really calming and coming together for you! So glad you love your home!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I love the smell of sheets that have been line dried. I have no way to do it, though.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #51  
Rosebud

BARGOO ~ in our last place (the apartment), I bought a neat portable clothes rack that looks like an angel when it is set up, and put it on my front deck so I could hang stuff outside; plus we hung things in the side of the deck too -- it worked out well for us there. DH put up a short line out back for me to use here; and later on, he will put up a longer one when he finds a post/pole for it. I agree that nothing smells nicer for bed linens than being dried outdoors ...
Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #52  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ I have a new desk with one of those pull-out keyboard drawers that I bought for this place; it looks great but it feels awefully low for me as I'm used to a higher desk. I have to lean to type and that's not good for the back. It keeps moving & sliding in on me ... so I'm gonna try putting it back up on the desk and see what happens.

We had lovely weather for over a week with the odd day of in between but they are predicting really cold temps for tomorrow and next week. Gee, how does it go from the 70's down to the 30/40's in one day -- a cold front, I guess. I was hoping to delay putting on the furnace til mid-October ... oh well, we've done so well up til now. I just hope they are wrong about the 20's at night ... You know what that brings when rain is predicted just before ***** ... dang!

Well, I'm back on track with our meals after our fun holiday break. We're having fish for dinner tonight. Maybe Pacific Salmon with a rice & barley pilaf and mixed veggies (broccoli/carrots/cauliflower); that sounds good.

DH is out back pounding away on his cans today; and I did dusting, and vacuuming the floors this AM, and we put up 3 clocks around the house so we know what time it is from different locations. Our plan is to get all our chores done by noon; have lunch, then we can do others stuff we want to in the afternoons. Helen & Scott Nearing used to do that -- I read their books many moons ago, and they had some interesting tips on time-management.

Hope you are all well; and have a fab Friday .... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-29-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #53  
~Star~

Rosebud - Sorry to hear your desk isn't working out so easily after being set up, hopefully you figure out how to get it so it suits you perfectly. Hearing your temps make me freeze, even the 70's...that's cold for these parts. We are 103 today. My folks just flew in from Maine last night; was SOOOO excited to see them. Been in a funk lately and hoping having them here will be just the thing to help bring new life into our house. Amber is getting 3x/wk physical therapy now and her scars from surgery are small - thank you all for the prayers. Right after her surgery, she also needed injections in 3 joints and drainings... was unable to walk for a bit, but now is mobile again.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #54  
Rosebud

STAR ~ the desk looks nice and it took a lot of work by four of us to put it together, so I definitely want to use it. I put the keyboard on the top of the desk and that feels much better; that is the height my last desk was and I had that one for almost 20 years or more. So everything's A-OK now. Glad to hear that your daughter is doing so much better now -- Praize GOD for that!

We had really colder temps today, but I think the wind is really what made it seem so much worse. Had to put the furnace on for a bit, but it wasn't too bad. It was cozy standing beside the wall heaters; I am definitely loving that part of it. It took us two trips to the hardware store to get the right weather stripping kit for our back door. Poor DH walked, or should I say ran the first time becuz it started to and he couldn't get a taxi anywhere. One of our stands recently closed down, and there was a huge shortage becuz of the bad weather today. I hope a new one opens up that has a nice comfortable car for me to get in to; all I see these days are vans. I told DH now we just have to dream (ask the LORD) to get us a nice & comfortable chauffeured car; not too much to ask, is it???

This cold weather really does a thing to my legs and feet; it's the hardest time of year for my body to get used to. You just wanna crawl in bed and stay there until the dry air settles in. It's cold and damp together; the worst. Ok, that's enuff of that; we have so many blessings like a big fleece blanket and cozy comforters -- ya, that's the solution!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend wherever you are ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-30-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Closed Thread