Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #31  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Here is the link to the 9/11 Pictures...I got them up!

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Day%202011/
Old 09-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Beth Moore Bible Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLou View Post
Which Beth Moore study are you doing? I've heard good things about her studies, but I've never done one myself. Once our little remodel is done (Lord, help it be soon!), I'll have a great spot to focus on some quiet time. I'm very bad at making the time to build myself up spiritually. I'm looking for a good study to do when I'm ready.
The Bible study we're doing is: "A Woman's Heart, God's dwelling Place". It is amazing!

Last edited by Change4Life; 09-14-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #33  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday!

I had a rough night last night. We are doing some remodeling and brought our new couches in last night. Had to move a set from downstairs to upstairs and then move a set from the truck into the house. It was awful! They were heavy and awkward and I was completely useless. It was just hubby and I and he needed me. I feel like I let him down. I was completely out of breathe and dropping it constantly. My arms still hurt. He was a little frustrated and was getting snippy. All I could do was cry out of my own frustration.

Here's the thing...I know it's probably not the best thing, but I haven't told hubby about my decision to lose weight. I'm not sure which reason is the real reason I haven't said anything. He's amazing and so supportive, so that's not the problem. Maybe he's too supportive? I don't want him to "encourage" me to make the right food choices. Maybe it's because I don't want him to know in case I fail again. I feel bad I haven't said anything, because it's important to him, too. I know I need to.

On a positive note, today is the beginning of week two and I'm down 7 pounds! I know that's not normal, but it's week one and it's typical for me to have a good loss the first week. It's a great feeling!

Lisa
Old 09-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Sorry you are hurting Lisa. That is too much for any woman, I think. Well, maybe the weight lifter woman could have a go at it!

And congrats for the 7lbs. Keep up the good work. When I'm at 217 I'll be rejoicing! (It will be Christmas of 2012 for me, I'm sure)

Donna
Old 09-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #35  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO FRIENDS ~ We've continued unpacking a bit each day; trying to find things we need or want. I think I made it through all the boxes & totes we have upstairs at least. The guy came and hooked up my washing machine for me; so happy for that -- it's now upstairs in the room next to the kitchen which is very handy.

I tried my new washer out and it works fine; we had a small drip leak in the new hose connections -- just used a pipe wrench and tightened them up a bit and we were good to go. I did two test washes (one light load & one heavy one); and hung some out on a small line DH put up out back for me, and some on my indoor "angel" dryer rack -- yes, it really looks like an angel when it is set up.

We have had lovely, weather the last two days; the nights were very cool (down to 40F which is a bit cold for September here). The geese went south early this year; I'm sure that was a sign of things to come. Many of the songbirds are gone now too; but we still have some blackbirds at our feeder the last few days. Guess they are filling up and bathing on our sunporch roof before heading south too.

RYLER ~ glad you found us over here; this is a great place for support and info too. Stick around as that helps a lot ...

LISA ~ 7 lbs is a great start; sure, that happens a lot at the beginning, but just keep going! Hey, I can't lift couches and furniture like that, and my DH knows it. You are not a man, and your DH knows that too; some women are stronger than others, that's all. Actually, when I try to help, DH gets annoyed with me cuz he's worried I may hurt myself, as sometimes I overdo it a bit. I just try to do what I am good at (cooking, cleaning, managing money, creativity, ideas & solving problems, laundry, sewing, planning & supervising, etc.,) and I did real good with the plumbing wrench yesterday.

GARY ~ and you are a big help to ANGIE around the house too; you do a lot of cleaning and laundry and cooking too. My DH helps me with the big lifting & moving stuff; and the floors. He's not that great at cooking but he usually makes his own breakfast which is a help; he does dishes now & then too; plus he's good at doing windows & walls -- and that is good. Of course, he does some minor repairs & the yard work, esp mowing the grass. We each do what we can ...

My sister, NUMPSTER, and her hubby, Steve; and one of brothers should arrive here sometime tomorrow. She had to work Friday so they had to delay coming up by one day. It will be nice to see them all. Have a great weekend everyone ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-17-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #36  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals

Taking it easy tonight watching football...as I have done all day

Angie is at a yoga workshop. She was gone for Friday evening and the same as today 1pm-9pm. This workshop will help her towards her certificate to help those with special medical problems. Teaching her yoga at church she is starting to get a lot of elderly interested.

Church was cool as always. Angie played bells and we were joined by my step daughter, my sister and my ex-wife.

My daughter came up today to visit her brother and her new niece she is so jealous that I get to babysit her again tomorrow! I just love spending time with my granddaughter she is just so busy figuring things out! My daughter is still having morning sickness now at 15 weeks into her pregnancy.... but otherwise all seems well.

I babysat my granddaughter on Thursday afternoon on into the evening as my son and daughter in law had their back to school night. My sister, who watches here most days, is having some ovarian cysts removed tomorrow so I will fill in since I have the day off from work...lucky me!

Well Ladies I better get back to this football game
Old 09-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 350/332/180

Height: 5'7

Hi, I thought I would introduce myself here too, since I'm a newbie and all. I'm Andrea, I'm a Christian, (PCA Presbyterian if you want specifics), and I'm from (and in) NoVa, though I've spent some time in GA and TN. I'm married, have a two-year old, and am a SAHM.
@ Donna, I'm also doing a Beth Moore Study, The Psalms of Ascent, and it's really great!
I just needed a little inspiration/motivation....etc. I started out strong a couple months ago, but literally haven't exercised in weeks, two weeks to be exact.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #38  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Andrea! Welcome!

Our floors are so close to finished that I'm starting to put it all back together again. WHAT a feeling! Life has been so chaotic lately that I can just feel it in my spirit. It's so heavy. Looking forward to brighter days.

Lots of cleaning today. What a way to get my exercise in.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

Newbie here, in this thread as well as to the board.

I have struggled with my weight all of my life due to having PCOS. I have relied on my doctors to "fix" me, but it has become very clear with each new symptom developed that they can not. It hit me that I have to do my part too, and my part in doing more and more research, seems very overwhelming. I guess lifestyle changes always are.

I know God is with me, and I know that He will help when I call, but I get discouraged easily. It has always been hard for me to work so hard and see so few results, that I have tended to give up easily. I have used the fatigue I feel often as an excuse to get lazy about working out and let the labile moods control me. I have spent a long time feeling sorry for myself when everyone around me hasn't had the struggles I have had, feeling like they couldn't possibly understand.

Becoming online buddies with Onami on a different message board brought me here, and I am loving it. The support one sees here is something I wish I had known about long before now. Maybe it would've helped me stay motivated.

I also like that there is a place for people to include their faith openly in their journey. To realize that our spiritual growth and well-being is a big part in how we feel overall. I don't have a lot of christian friends where I live. I have my family, but no one else that really can identify with that part of my life. I hope I can find it here.

Well, that's my story, and sorry for talking so much.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Well, I finally got moved and am surrounded by boxes and boxes to unpack and I really did try to downscale but I still have lots of stuff, except in the living room. I decided my living room furniture had too much wear and tear so left them behind. I have purchased a couch and chair which will be delivered next Tuesday. I hope I can make enough room for them. I haven't been to my new church yet but hope to next Sunday.

Last edited by bargoo; 09-20-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #41  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Good to see you back BARGOO!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #42  
Rosebud

ANDREA ~ if you continue to follow your plan of healthy eating as best you can, even just walking and your daily chores will give you some exercise. My main motivation is good health -- it is one desire that never fades, waivers, or leaves me. Who doesn't want good health?

KYA ~ yes, this is a great place for those who want to get healthier and have Christian friends and support at the same time. Glad you joined us over here ...

My sister and BIL are here and we are having a great time; I snuck in here while they were sleeping in. Think I can here people moving around now. My sister, NUMPSTER, is such a generous soul; she fixed up my pc. Oh, BTW, my PC wasn't broken after all; my BIL discovered by accident that it was my power bar that was defective. OH well, now I have 2 pcs; one desktop and one laptop. I will share more news later on; it's like Christmas around here.

BARGOO ~ glad you are finally getting settled in to your new place; I here ya on being surrounded by boxes (I have a lot of totes too). We are taking this week off to enjoy time with my sister & BIL; a holiday of sorts for us too. Don't overdo it now ...

See you all later ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-21-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #43  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

I do not wish to bother, but hoping if you all have some available time, please say a prayer for my DD. Thank you and so glad to hear you all are doing so well, and happy you made the move safely Rosebud
Old 09-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #44  
Rosebud

STAR ~ prayers on their way for you daughter ... Nice to see you back with us again.

We are having a wonderful visit with my sister & BIL; we are resting at this time too. It is nice to have a break and literally do nothing but the fun stuff and the necessities, of course. They went out for tour (drive around town) so I snuck in here to say HI ...

The repair guy came yesterday and installed our two new doors and the new handles; still has to come back next week to fix up a closet bi-fold door and trim one bedroom door as the old houses are not exactly made to measure it seems . I hope it will all be finished at that time so we can rest for a while; the place is lookin' good though.

DH is out on a bike run (ride) and had to pick up his new meds; he is doing OK with that. At times, he does and says the funniest things -- this morning he hunted through all the cupboards for a coffee cup then finally said, "Would somebody please tell me where all the coffee cups are!" He said it with a good-natured tone, so that is good. It will take a bit of time, but he will adjust to this new place.

I made a nice turkey dinner with all the trimmings yesterday for dinner; it turned out great. We are going to have leftovers for dinner tonight, so they all get used up. We've had fun playing games in the evenings as well; can't believe the good laughs we all have when we get together. It's esp nice since they are Christians too ...

Hope all our friends here are doing well; have a great weekend, eh? Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-23-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #45  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ gee, the net seems a little slow tonight; must be busy or maybe it's just this site ... You all must have been very busy this weekend. We had really nice weather this weekend and it's supposed to last for most of this week; it is like a Indian Summer here right now and we're lovin' it, of course!

Well, we are always sad to see them go, but NUMPSTER (my sister), our BIL, and their delightful new furry baby (Emma, an adorable long-legged beagle, who our NIKO just adores & misses already) -- left early this AM to go back home. My sister had to get back to work, but we had such a wonderful time while they were here. THey really like our place and they bought us some nice house warming gifts after looking around to see what we needed the most. They bought me a set or portable phones that I can carry around with me; and a fantastic cordless carpet/floor sweeper which is so easy to use. It makes doing the floors so much easier for me each day; I can hang on to one cane and use the sweeper in the other. They also bought me a new power/surge bar for my PC. MAY GOD BLESS THEM for their kindnesses. We had loads of fun playing games, watching movies, and chatting. I got some great pics and video of NIKO and Emma playing; they were at it 24/7 -- what a great match they were for each other (both are about the same size, so playful, and yet gentle with each other too). NIKO was whining and pining for her as he saw her leaving in her Daddy's lap; we figured that would happen.

We were treated to CHINESE dinner last night with lots of veggie dishes with lean meat; and then had the leftovers tonight ... yum, yum. We were really spoiled this week. We had some treats this week, but also had some nice healthy meals mixed in there too. Still got some of that turkey in the freezer for another dinner.

Hope you all have a great week coming up ... Rosebud
Closed Thread