Old 02-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #46  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals

Well today has been wonderful it is my 9th year of being here at 3FC and my 57th birthday...I am so thankful to have lived this long

Church was awesome...I will post a link to the sermon on worry/anxiety...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...98971&comments

If you look at the pictures on the right as the intro begins, the 4th one is of my wife, son and nephew....

Anyway, after church we walked the dogs for 3 miles...so cold at first then warm and sunny I spent most the day watching NASCAR and napping as Angie played with her new toy...a new sewing machine...she has really been making a lot of purses and stuff lately so it was time for a new one...her old one was 25 years old...she gave it to one of my nieces last night...she was so excited to have it!

My son and dil and GRANDdaughter (still in tummy ) and nephew are coming by for dinner. My daughter and son in law are visiting Italy for 10 days right now and step-d is in Sacramento.

I will be home after work tomorrow night and Tuesday (doctors appt) but then gone until Friday.

RONNI ~ Prayers for your DH's job!! and situation....I see a lot of stuff in my position with favorites...to be honest I am usually one...because of my talents and leadership (and who my dad was prior to me )...but...I have always stood up for my men under all circumstances! I have never been afraid of being fired....but then I was always being asked by other companies to run work for them (that has changed with the economy ...and maybe my age ) Not everyone can be in the same position as I was.

ROSEBUD ~ Cabin time already?...lol I bet you can't wait. Prayers for strong legs!

AUNTLOOPY ~ great choices over that fast food!

ASHLEY ~ Welcome

BECCAJUANITA ~ Thank you

See you all soon
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #47  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARY ...

Glad that you had a nice day! That makes it extra special; and to be well on top of that is icing on the cake, so2speak ...

We have been having very mild temps here today, with a little of the white **** stuff too. Been taking it easy and resting my legs; want them good for the summer. We had BBQ spit chicken with rice and veggie mix for the weekend; and some extra veggies on the side too (broccoli, carrots, corn, and cauliflower).

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up, with nice temps too; take good care ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi all, I am a newbie here. I have been looking for a Christian group to join and I was wondering if I could join in with you guys.

My name is Marissa and I am from Tennessee. I have been battling with my weight for over 20 years. I lost 50 pound 10 years ago and then it all came back. I am in the mindset now, and I am ready to lose it again. I have been reading the book "Made to Crave" and it makes alot of sense. I studing that really hard. I have just started the South Beach diet, this is the end of my first week and according to the scales I have lost 3 pds so far.

If I could ask that you please pray for me, that I will have the will power and strength to do this.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #49  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Happy birthday Gary and welcome Marissa! This is a great support network for those who wish to maintain their body's health even as their soul prospers.

WEIRD weekend, but then again, when ISN'T it? Now serving as chaplain to two nursing homes, one of which is quarantined for MRSA right now (always exciting) and youth leader at my church. Saw a lady im volksmarkt that I didn't feel like talking to this afternoon, so I cheerfully proclaimed myself "unclean" and she took off immediately.

Today's bargain at volksmarkt: thread-thin asparagus for $0.99 per bunch. I'm not a fan, but the DH loves it with melted fat-free cheese.

Taking my Dear Doggy to the vet tonight for his service dog health and vaccine recertification. My newest nursing home is well-known for losing Alzheimer's patients, but are sticklers for visitation dog record-keeping. Heh.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #50  
Rosebud

MARISSA ~ glad you found us over here; we'd love for you to join us on our Christian Chat Thread. Prayers sent up for strength for this renewed good-health journey that we are all on together. Pretty name; cute avatar!

AUNT LOOPY ~ we had one patient where I worked that would get in funny moods and decide to "get lost" quite often: summer or winter; and that wasn't good. We had to keep a close eye on her; she was clever and very determined -- trying to go out any one of several doors the place had; so we had to resort to "lock down" many, many times -- esp at night. She kept the staff on their toes, that's for sure ...

The day started out with some fluffy *****, but then switched by this afternoon to lovely which we always love to have; mild temps too. So we ventured up town to pick up our weekly groceries. I took both my canes to help me get in and out of the store and used the grocery cart as a walker; when my knee started to complain, I declared the shopping spree was over ...

We picked up something for lunch; then I rested my legs for the remainder of the afternoon and did some reading. Reading a book called "The Christmas Gift" about a boy who is sent to stay with his grandparents on their farm in Michigan during the great depression; very nice story.

Have a terrific Tuesday ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-28-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Aunt Loopy and Rosebud thank you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to being here. And I am looking forward to the support, I know that I cannot do this alone, I need the help from my Heavenly Father and help from others who are dealing with this as well.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #52  
Rosebud

We have blizzard ***** storm on the rage here right now; started just before dinner, but the winds started around noon -- that was a sign of things to come. Everybody is home and keeping safe & warm tonight. Had a good day; resting my knee well.

Had a 6" bunwich & soup for lunch; chicken & roasted veggies for dinner; a good day on plan. Yesterday wasn't so good, so I had a very light dinner to make up for that. Back on target today. Yeah!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone; hello to all our MIA's -- hope you and yours are well; take good care ... Rosebud

------------------------------
IMPORTANT !!!

I just started up the new MARCH chat thread -- so please DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE ... join us over there, thanks!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-01-2011 at 10:50 PM.