3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encourager's SEPTEMBER Thread ... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/211529-christian-encouragers-september-thread.html)

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-01-2010 11:07 PM

Christian Encourager's SEPTEMBER Thread ...

Christian Encouragers ~ ;)
--------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

:angel:

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-01-2010 11:18 PM

Seems that lots of our CE'ers are very busy right now, so I decided to start this new September Chat Thread this evening. I had two other ones to start as well; sure keeping me busy too ... ;)

Anyways, we had answer to our prayers today; GOD sent us lots of :rain: which we needed very badly after some very, very :hot: days. I was able to pick another basket of green beans yesterday and hope to get some more this week as well; am checking them every day.

We went shopping & running errands yesterday, but man was it hot; couldn't wait to get back home. It is now nice and cool in here; what a relief this is for us. The kiddies are back in school and some of the trees in our neighborhood are turning yellow already, so that must be a sign that fall has arrived.

Hope you all have a wonderful week ... Rosebud :flow2:

suga0so0fly09 09-02-2010 10:28 AM

... I was lost, but now I am found... at least lost since January!!!!
I hope some of you remember me!!!!
I am so so excited and happy to be back. I was anxious to post in this group, I have been so eager to share!!!

My first post back was yesterday in the over eaters annonymous group. You are welcome to read, but it is something that I realized a couple of days ago that has been a problem, and a setback for my weight loss.

I am just setting up a plan for myself and my plan included coming back to my community of support!!!

I am thinking about doing portion control and calorie counting. Something I believe may help me right now. This will be a new plan for me, so if you guys have any suggestions/advice, please please help me out.

Just wanted to post that i am ready for God to work even more in my life and grow in this journey of acceptance and of health!

Glad to be back!!! :carrot:

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-02-2010 09:56 PM

HI SUGA ~ yes, I do remember you; can't believe that you haven't been here since last January. I am glad that you have come back though; it is good for you and good for us too. I am on a plan that focuses on calorie & portions too. I find it very simple to follow.

As I was sharing with BOOTSIE in another thread here, I have a book by Jorge Cruise that has these really EZ boxes (which you can have photocopied or draw them out if you want to) that make following that plan very, very simple.

I got his book on a deal becuz there was a publishing flaw in it! I am sure that you can get it from book stores or Amazon too (like half.com); or your local library. He has a lot of good health information in it as well as 28 days of exercises, tips, and motivational encouragements along the way. He is a big believer in hand-weights to increase your metabolism; and he is a Christian too. You can also check out his online site as well.

I can't do all the exercises in it; but I do the ones I can, and sub with some of my own for the other ones. Many people would be able to do them all; but I have some limitations right now. I found his book very helpful and it is now a kind of reference book for me -- a very practical tool.

This eating style is good for diabetics and pre-diabetics; and for anyone that is looking for some balance and reality in their plan. It is not a starvation plan; it is very healthy and you could easily follow this for the rest of your life. I added in some tips from Volumetrics that are helpful for me; and they fit well together.

We had a busy day up at our lot today; and the weather was much nicer. It was :sunny: but with some cloud and a nice breeze and I think it stayed in the mid-70's for most of the day. DH and my Dad fixed the roof on our camper; well, about half of it where it was leaking very badly. DH wants to finish the whole roof so that it is all the same.

We didn't get home til late, so we had dinner about 8:30 pm; and I am so glad that before we left, I took out some leftover wg spagetti & meatball dinners that I had put in the freezer last week. Just had to put them in the micro for a quick home-cooked meal. :D

It is nice and cool out there right now; it is supposed to be nice again tomorrow, but then it may cool off severely by the weekend. :yes: ... fall is here but I don't mind one bit. :lol:

Have a fab Friday everyone ... Rosebud :flow2:

EZMONEY 09-02-2010 10:48 PM

Thanks for getting us into September Rosebud!

suga0so0fly09 09-03-2010 09:36 AM

:) Good morning everyone!

:hug: Thank you Rose for the support and information on your plan. I will look into the book you told me about this weekend. It sounds like something I would like. For now, I am just watching my portions and writing everything down. I still have to figure out my exercise routine. I'm thinking of doing it as soon as I get home before I cook dinner, then walk with my hubby after dinner.

Wanted to say hello to everybody and just say I am so happy to be back!

GOD BLESS!:)

Bootsie 09-03-2010 10:43 AM

Good morning Rosebud, Gary and good to hear from you suga,

Sug, I have just started a plan again to loose the excess baggage I have picked up the past few years and here is the path I have decided on.
Deciding on my weight loss , which is 60 pounds, but I have decided to have mini goals 5 pounds , like every 3 weeks. Just like Bills my small achievements will add up.

Then I decided on exchange program and I do count my calories too but deciding on a calorie level, has been the hardest part . You don't want it below 1200 calories for that takes away your thinking power and brings up health issues,they say, don't need that! So I took my desirable weight and multiplied it by 10 because I am in my 50's and it is harder to lose weight 145 x 10 = 1450 calories

Drink lots of water, I flavor mine with lemon, also I was reading to make it more appealing use a wine glass. I just love water so I have no problem except in the winter time getting enough.

When you go to buy groceries always eat before you go.

Select snacks under 100 calories

Find an exercise you like . There are tricks there also, count cleaning house, washing dishes by hand turn on the music and move that awesome bode!
Keep a diary on what you eat and ect...

If the scales are your enemy...try measuring yourself and do that once a month.

Reward yourself with each mini achievement , pushing those French fries away or in the trash, or eating half piece cake instead of the whole thing or the loss of inches. Not with food but something for you! Like flowers, new clothes,book, a new movie ect....

Learn how to deal with a diet setback.

Practice an attack of Binging what to do in case you have an attack and you WILL! You need something to short circuit that binge! Mine is I have worked to hard to get this far!

This is just a few suggestions, Sug , maybe I have helped, don't know but meant too.

I to been wondering where everyone is, tried starting new threads to get people motivated but not much luck,:( but so glad to see that Kelli is still out there!:carrot: Sug is back!:carrot: Gary & Rosebud still here,:carrot:but where oh where is everyone else ? You are greatly missed!:(

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-03-2010 07:50 PM

:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ our day started out with :rain:, then the :sunny: came out and it got fairly hot, but not too bad. We went out to pay some bills and I picked up some books at our local second-hand shop. Was getting low on new reading materials.

We had healthy homemade submarines on whole wheat buns; smaller than the commercial ones, but plenty just the same. I filled mine with lean meat, nf cheeze slice, sliced tomato, and lots of lettuce. That makes it very filling really. That's our Friday fun dinner for this week. :D

As I was coming on here, we had some :rain: come our way again and I got some pics of a nice RAINBOW -- they are always too big to get into my picture range though. Plus there were two spurts of rain and two rainbows after each one as well.

BOOTSIE ~ I love your ideas and tips; they are certainly helpful and I know they are always appreciated here. You sound like you have a new resolve and that can only be a good thing.:D

SUGA ~ sounds like you have a good plan there too ... :)

Have you all any special plans for this weekend? I think this is what we call our LABOR DAY WEEKEND -- where we celebrate all the hard work people do every day; they are rewarded with a day off here in Canada. Do you have that holiday in the USA?

Have a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud :flow2:

boots 09-03-2010 09:36 PM

Thanks for all the encouraging tips! I'm still trying to remember to try to incorporate a positive thing into my life every week! I love coming here for ideas :)

EZMONEY 09-05-2010 08:23 PM

HI GALS :)

I am taking some time here while I watch NASCAR to catch up. Angie just left to go visit her friend in San Diego, she is here visiting from Las Vegas.

We had a great morning at church, my son/dil and ex-wife sat with us. My sister has been coming but went with her family to Knott's Berry Farm.

We had a great day yesterday with a family BBQ here...25 people. We had planned on a shuffleboard tournament but the boys got started on bocce ball then basketball and we never got to it...they were having too much fun and us older folks were fine just visiting :) We had our grilled chicken sandwiches on good buns with honey mustard on one bun, guacamole on the other with chicken, red onion, lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese in between. A lot of sides from watermelon to potato salad.

Work has been good this week...if you like driving 105 miles before you even start :D We picked up another project for my end this week...won't be for a while but it will be a big one.

be back...gotta go....

EZMONEY 09-05-2010 09:08 PM

I am back...knucklehead nephew has been in and out here all week-end. He came by to ask advice on running shoes and credit card issues ;) He hasn't asked to "borrow" any money from the account I have for him and I am not offering to loan to him either ;) but I think something is up :D I pray for our NAVY :D

Anyway, the family BBQ was real nice....we had a lot of fun and folks were here all day long.

I got a call from church this week to see if I could do some drywall work on one of our rentals....where were they a month ago when I was slow? :D...I will be able to do what we need but it sure will cut my week-end short next week. I am never under any pressure to do work at our church or rentals...and I am always told to "bill" for my services but I never do...one way I have been blessed to be able to pay back with my time, talents and $$$ to my church as a gift in honor for what Jesus has done for me. I could bill them for my work and it would be paid to me no questions asked...thanks be to God I don't need to.

Well I better go make myself dinner...I will check in tomorrow :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-06-2010 06:29 PM

:wave:HI EVERYONE ~ We went from :hot: scorching weather in the 90's here to the 40-60's and wet with :rain: all day Saturday and early this morning. I am glad that my beans are still OK; no frost so far; did some praying today, and the :sunny: is now out. It is cool yet, but with the :sunny: out, it doesn't seem so bad really. We just put some more comforters on our bed for the night.

We went out to our lot yesterday afternoon to visit with Dad & SM one more time before they left for home today. We took out a BBQ spit chicken dinner with lots of salads and such; and that was nice. Couldn't believe how cold it was though and of course, it kept raining and the wind made it seem worse. Just before sunset, the sun came out for peek just to tease us, I guess. ;)

Dad is really fixing up their little cottage next to ours; and it was a good, long respite for them. He even gained back a little bit of weight while he was here; and they stayed quite long this time -- at least a month, if I am recalling correctly.

Back to school time is a pretty busy time for many people right now so things are kinda bare around here this weekend; plus with it being a long holiday weekend, people are enjoying themselves at their camps & cottages as much as possible. Hope all our friends had a good one ... :D

We are having leftover chicken with veggies, sliced cukes & toms, and a coleslaw for dinner tonight. Will be ready soon, so gotta cut this short -- take good care; and have a wonderful week ... Rosebud :flow2:

EZMONEY 09-07-2010 09:47 PM

HI GALS ~

A real quick check in here tonight. Angie and I had orange chicken from Trader Joe's...boy do we love it! With brown rice and a nice salad with plenty of avocado slices from the ones my buddy gave me last week.

The golden retrievers are running wild in the back yard...just like they did when they were puppies...so fun...I keep going out to play tug-of-war with them.

Rosebud souds like "lot season" was a success...

Be good

wilma12 09-08-2010 08:53 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I have no idea how long it's been since I've posted on here but it's been quite a while. So much has happened in the past few months. Both good and bad.

My youngest son got engaged and is getting married in October. We are so excited. We love his fiance and they are such a good match. My oldest son just found out that he got a job in the field he's been trained. It's still very far away from us but it's a job.

I have been exercising a lot lately. A friend talked me into doing boot camp with her for August. That's at a park 3 times a week at six in the a.m. I thought I would die. Now I'm glad I went and am trying to keep up with the exercising even though it's not nearly as intense as boot camp was. I'm already noticing a difference in toning if not in weight loss.

i bought a fabulous dress for the wedding and just want to look better in it so I'm keeping up with the exercise. I'm joining another friend for a one day a week boot camp session at the end of this month. Totally not what I thought I would be doing but am feeling great.

Now the sad/bad stuff to share so that you can pray if you're led to. My mom is in the hospital with pneumonia. She's supposed to have knee replacement surgery next week but I think that'll be postponed. Please pray for healing.

My brother, 46 yrs old, has been diagnosed with lung cancer. It's very scary for us and we appreciate all the prayers for him also. He starts chemo soon.

That's my update. I will read your posts and pray for the concerns I see there also.

Bootsie 09-08-2010 11:02 AM

It is raining and raining, got 3.3 so far!:carrot: Some places got almost 16 inches so far. I have not seen the top of the tank yet, sure hope it gets filled we need it so much. My milk goat had her babies (twins) Labor day, surprise! Was not due for 5 days, so far doing good. All my pain went away and now....this morning I felt like I needed a grease job,...gee wiz.

Oh I just love watching the rain and hearing it on our tin roof, just love it, and I sure don't mind getting wet tending to the animals. Bat-Girl ( duck) just loves it to she sleeps out in the rain. She wants me to turn the chickens out, she loves to play with them but they don't have the sense to get out of the rain!

Wilma I am praying for your Mother and brother here in Texas, so thankful your children are doing good and you sound like WOW! Girl! GO WILMA GO!!!
I wish I had that much get up and go, think mine walked out the door without me.

Gary, that is wonderful you have taken your time on the weekend to help out, your a mighty good man to do that. Jesus see's and he has a good memory.
Gary what is Orange Chicken? Rosebud what is cukes & toms?

Bootsie 09-08-2010 11:14 AM

Oh Wilma I see you quilt, I got some questions, but i gotta go feed for there is some heavy rain coming will be back. It is my first quilt been working on it for years! Please check back.

Bootsie 09-08-2010 12:10 PM

Wilma, I am back. I have a quilt that I started when my grandson was born, it took me 5 years to embroidery. Then I pieced it together and put it away and kinda forgot about it. All this was done by hand. Got it out last year before I went to go see the kids at Thanksgiving and put it in a new quilt plastic case and it was just fine, when I left. Thought when I got home I would finish it. When I got home and I opened it , somehow water had collected inside of it and molded it. I was in tears, all that hard work and washed down the drain. I got peeved , and I told the Devil if he thought for one moment he was going to destroy it he had better back up for I was going to bleach the embroidery part and if it turned white so be it! I worked to hard to just throw it away. I bleached it and all the mold came out and it has its own colors just beautiful. I replaced the other blocks with some blue check . Now my question is , I can not find in my price range the material I want to put on it but I can find a light blanket from Walmart for the back. If I put the quilt Batting inside would not a blanket be perfect for the Backside,if I tack it? I really want to get this finished by next May, for he graduates then.

wilma12 09-08-2010 01:27 PM

Bootsie: Are you planning on tying it or quilting it? If you're tying it that would work to use a thin blanket and then just attach a binding around the edge. Another option would be to buy a flat sheet in a colour that matches if you plan on quilting it. Hope that helps!

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-08-2010 02:46 PM

:wave: HI WILMA ~ yes, it is "long time no see", but we are so glad that you came back to visit us again. Have sent up prayers for your mother and brother (will put them on the current prayer list on page 2 of the Prayer Warrior's thread too). Sounds like things are going well for your sons; GOD is good!

BOOTSIE ~ cukes & toms are usually sliced baby cucumbers & tomatoes; often make a salad of them as they are a favorite. I eat a baby cucumber (or cuke, for short) almost every day; same for tomatoes too. If I can't get baby cukes, I use field or english, whatever is available. Good for you saving that quilt; I have always admired those who have the patience to make one of those. I am back to crocheting squares for blankets.

GARY ~ yes, we did get the porch of our cottage up and the roof shingled; and the roof of the camper fixed as well. Those were the two things we had planned; plus the grass cutting and I spread some sand around to fill in more holes. We also planted a few more trees this year to replace those we lost from drought last spring; and DH wants to make a fire pit like my Dad did on our lot too. My crab apple tree had its first apples and they were a deep dark red by the end of August; I think we got almost 2 dozen, but the birdies got some (that is OK though as we don't mind sharing; and each year, we should get more). :D

We have more :rain: here today; we get :rain: every spring and fall here so this is expected. We had some good fortune come our way yesterday as well; answer to prayer really ... I don't know if I mentioned that our washing machine stopped working; and during my morning devotions yesterday, I was asking the LORD what I should do (how & when to buy a new one or a set, etc).

Then, not less than 30 minutes later a man called DH on the phone, and told him that he just bought a new laundry set and would we like to have the old one. DH asked him what was wrong with them; and he said "just minor things" but his wife wanted a new set. So he brought them over and he lifted them off his truck all by himself: talk about Hercules! :yikes:

Anyhow, at first DH was hesitant, but I really felt a prompting that we should try the washer out; and it works better than mine did. Then we tried out the dryer and at first the barrel didn't turn, but again I felt an urging to try it a third time and then it worked just fine. DH thinks it was becuz he turned it on its side to get it into the house; as he is much smaller and had some task to get the old ones out and the newer ones in. Poor DH; felt kinda bad for him but he got them set up all by himself. The man was correct, minor things like noise when a cycle ends and the fabric softener release not working; but heck, my last one didn't even have that. Now, this will give us enuff time to save up the $$$ to buy ourselves a new set too. So PTL, for answered prayer & generous neighbors: GOD bless 'em ... :)

We got at least three baskets of green beans from our garden; I had only planted three small patches, so that is pretty good. I put most of them up in the freezer for the winter. Next year, I will be planting much more since they grow so well here; and maybe even try a few tomato plants too.

Gonna go make some tea now, so have a great day everyone ... Rosebud :flow2:

Bootsie 09-08-2010 05:23 PM

Glad you don't have grasshopppers Rosebud . They are thick here again. Yes I am going to ty it Wilma if I sewed it would take me another 18 years! OOPS! Hubbie calling!

suga0so0fly09 09-09-2010 09:50 AM

Good Morning Ya'll.
We've sure been getting plenty of rain here in TX!
Just wanted to share that I have not binged in the past few days and I feel great. I have stuck to writing things down and portion control. This week has been a little hectic at work, so my hubby and I havent started our walking, but I have my pedometer with me during the day, since I do light walking at work, and that helps.

I have been doing well at bringing my lunch. No more McDonald's!:mcd: It is hard because it is so easy just to walk down the block and get something from there. Thats the only disadvantage of my work!!! Everybody does it, so you get caught up in doing it as well.

I'm glad everybody is doing well. Happy to once again being able to share with everyone!!

Take care and have a blessed day!:carrot:

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-09-2010 05:30 PM

HI SUGA ~ nice to see you drop by again; and good for you for giving healthy living a good go once again. Just try to make small changes so that you are not overwhelmed -- add in one or two each week; and then pat yourself on the back for every one you accomplish.

May I give you a few ideas: 1) have fish at least once a week working up to twice each week 2) have some broccoli 1-2 times a week 3) have a salad of any kind at least once a day 4) take a multi-vitamin with minerals each day to make up for food deficiencies 5) have a green veggie 2-4 times a week ie asparagus, spinach, kale, chard, collards, green beans, etc 6) cut your salt & sugar way back 7) go for 10 minute walk 8) do some stretches each day.

Just pick 1 or 2 of those things and incorporate them into your week. I could give you more, but you get the idea. I picked up a book recently and many of these ideas came from it. I know I won't want to do all of them, but it offers many little ideas that can help us work towards optimum health. :D

BOOTSIE ~ glad we don't have those grasshoppers here; sorry to hear that they are back, but maybe you could let your chickens & ducks eat some of them for snacks ... I'm sure they would appreciate it ... :lol: I bet they have devoured your greens. Well, at least you have some :rain: this year; and we'll pray that by next year that they' ll be gone (esp when the cooler weather comes). One good thing about Texas is that you can garden much longer than many areas can.

We went up town to pick up a few things I forgot earlier and some fresh foods too; so I got some extra walking in today too. I was able to return some air beds that I bought for our camper that were too big for it; but we hadn't opened them so they graciously took them back for us. Next spring, I will get another roll of foam and make a cover out of a flat sheet instead. My Dad found some foam mattresses in a hideaway bed that we hadn't even noticed; enuff for one bed for now, so I just need enuff for one more. :)

We awoke to more :rain: today, but that stopped so we were able to go shopping. DH says that we now have very light sprinkles again; glad it stopped long enuff for us to go out. Well, it's time to go put dinner on; have a fantabulous Friday tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow2:

bargoo 09-10-2010 05:10 PM

Please pray for the residents of San Bruno, Ca. They suffered a terrible tragedy yesterday. A natural gas pipeline exploded causing huge fires. 53 homes completely destroyed, 120 damaged, several deaths and many injuries. There was no warning so no time to do anything but try to get out.

Bootsie 09-10-2010 09:02 PM

Praying Bargo, Please keep us up to date, for I guess I fell asleep watching the news and missed it. That is almost like being bombed cannot even imagine going through something like that.

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-11-2010 11:02 PM

Have sent up ^PRAYERS^ for the people of San Bruno, California -- for comfort, healing, and restoration, plus all the help they need to rebuild their lives once again ...

We had another busy day; went up to our lot and took our double lawn chair with us. While DH made some small stairs, I had the task to stain the chair. It took all afternoon, but I did get a few coats on it and it looks great. The fella did a terrific job and it is very comfortable to sit in. I am glad that I got the base coats on so quickly before any precip comes; and I'm hoping it will stay away all night so that it can dry really well.

We got home pretty late and had a quick, light dinner tonight. Boy, are we both sore or what; will sleep really well tonight for sure. Hope all our friends here have a nice restful Sunday tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow2:

wilma12 09-12-2010 10:20 AM

I had a great day yesterday. Went to the gym with my niece and worked out for almost 2 hours. She was very excited to show me her gym. Then we had lunch and went shopping for shower gifts. We went to a shower for my soon to be DIL and had a fun time. TOday it's all about relaxing, going to church, etc.

Have a great day.

Oh, my mom is doing much better - still coughing a lot but doing better. Thanks for your prayers.

EZMONEY 09-12-2010 08:46 PM

Sorry I haven't posted but I have checked in daily. I am just so busy from my commute but that may ease in a week or so as I start a job closer to home, if all goes well and my boss feels comfortable about having some of my guys finish the one I am on right now. The one we are on now is far more important for our company's future work possibilities that the one I would go to. I will eventually get there just maybe not for another month when I finished the Beverly Hills project.

One day I'll get around to posting a link to a project we did last year that is on you tube...a very cool car dealership.

Today at church we had our 9-11 Remembrance day...what a great day! We had at least 500-600 people. Military and police and fire fighters. We shed tears for those from our church that have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan:(

I worked, along with my brother and bil, on a house the church owns that we rent out yesterday and this morning before service. I wasn't able to help with the set up this year just donations of soda and pies but I could see all those helping from the windows of the house...awesome! We are blessed :)

Great pics on my facebook that the church took if you pm me I can friend you if you want to see them if you facebook.

I have a lot to do tonight but I wanted to check in and say welcome back to SUGA and my dear old friend WILMA! :carrot: She was one of the very first when I came here many years ago that I connected with here at Christian Encouragers...

and to remind you how God works.....I said a prayer for my friend the very morning she posted....asking God to be with her and her family and hoping all was well....isn't HE amazing!! :carrot: He answered me right here that very night!!

oh...to be honest...I have said the same prayer for past CE members that have not posted....oh well...WILMA did!!! :carrot:

be good :hug:

wilma12 09-13-2010 08:43 AM

Wow Gary! That gave me shivers. God is good. It's hard to know how to deal with both the good and the bad when it comes at the same time. Maybe God does that so we don't get discouraged.

I have been exercising faithfully. I don't know what's happening to me but I love it. I can already see results and am looking forward to trying on the dress I bought for the wedding. Hopefully it fits better.

Have a great day!

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-13-2010 06:20 PM

YES, GARY -- OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD ~ and I think that WILMA's spirit was listening that day too ... we understand that you have long days with long commutes. We are trying to hold the fort down here while you are busy ... as many things do ... that too will pass ... eventually!

WILMA ~ how many times I have prayed for someone and they call me right afterward; happens all the time. Or like GARY, I will pray or wonder how someone is and they will come back and post again. Sadly, some people I really liked have stopped coming; guess life has them in a different direction, but I am amazed at how many do come back after awhile.

As you probably read on a previous post; my washing machine had stopped working for me, so I was praying about how and when we should buy a new one -- and about 30 minutes later, a man called my DH and told him that he had bought a new set for his wife and would we want the old set? He even brought them over to our place within 5 minutes; and we don't know these people -- they just happen to live behind us. Anyways, I used them again today, and they worked perfectly (well, except for a bit of noise and the softener dispenser). I mean they wash and dry perfectly -- way better than my old set did ... GOD IS GOOD! Now, we will have lots of time to save up for a new set too.

We had a bit of :rain: on and off here; yesterday, we had some :sunny: and :rain: in spurts ... and sometimes we had both at the same time ... an interesting phenomena really. Tomorrow, we have to go to the city as DH is having that cat scan to check his brain -- re: the memory problems. His appt is later in the day, so we have decided to go a bit earlier, and do some shopping while we are there too. :D

Oh, dinner is ready; gotta go ... syl, Rosebud :flow2:

Bootsie 09-15-2010 11:36 PM

No baby goats today, training another one to be milked and so far she is doing good. Helped at the community house with the Garage sale. Worked at the store all afternoon. My husbands clothes came in and they sent two shirts that was to small and only one pair of pants when i ordered two pairs so I could get the discount. Oh well we put the two large shirts for sale in our store instead of going to all the trouble sending them back. My poor husband has just been wearing rags for shirts the last 4 months, and it is his birthday. Now he will have shirts with pockets and no patches to wear! Going to town tomorrow , I think if Goats don't start giving birth.

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-16-2010 04:51 PM

HI BOOTSIE ~ I was very fortunate and got some good sales when we went to the city. I needed slacks too; and got 4 pairs: two navy and two black; but boy, did I ever have to hunt for them. I don't like the kind that are stiff -- got lots of those already (garbadine material) and I wanted something with some spandex in them too (for comfort). One pair is crushed velour but it looks and feels like a stretchy velvet; they will be nice to go with my sparkly tops for Christmas. I also bought a whole pile of undies and they gave me an additional 30% discount for buying 3 or more which came to $40.00 extra off at the cash. Whah-hoo ... :D

We also picked up a few clothing items for DH here in town yesterday; as the prices for men's clothes were better here for a change; he is blessed that it is much easier to find him clothes being that he is so small. I have to buy him a size medium for room or he splits out the seams. :lol:

Yesterday, I tried a new recipe for muffins for DH and I with no sugar; instead of sugar, you use a can of frozen PURE NSA apple or other juice (thawed) + 1 cup water. Well, we both think they are sweet enuff, but I think I am going to use my own favorite recipe, and just sub that for the liquid next time. The original recipe had no fat or eggs or sugar in it; but I was more concerned about the sugar.

I picked up some nice chickens on sale yesterday; we are having one with yams, and piles of veggies for dinner tonight (smells wonderful in here). We are having a lovely :sunny: day here in the 60's today; how nice for a change. They say tomorrow may be the same, so maybe we should go out to the lot for the day as well.

Hope everyone is having a good one ... Rosebud :flow2:

elaine19 09-18-2010 12:08 PM

Hi! I just wanted to give a little praise report, and this seems like the logical place to do it:) Yesterday and today the scale says taht I have officially lost 25LBS!!!! Thank you Lord for giving me the strength and will power! I am sooo excited, and just had to share it. The Lord has been so good to me!

Bootsie 09-18-2010 05:29 PM

:congrat:Elaine! Thank You for sharing with us!

I been to a reunion today, and I ate but did not really worry if I ate to much for when I got full I stopped. I tell you I am really having a water problem though seems like, I drink and drink and drink and drink, where it goes I don't know. I know I am sweating a-lot in this heat, especially in the barn, its hot in there but not that much! Don't have air but in one room in the house did have two rooms but it played out.I am not gaining weight though ,loosing. Strange....

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-18-2010 08:11 PM

:broc: HI ELAINE ~ :cb: good for you ... that is fabulous! We love to hear good news here; and 25 lbs is quite a milestone ... Just imagine 25 blocks of butter on your kitchen table; that's a lot! :carrot:

GOOD NEWS REPORT #2 ~ DH's sister dropped by for a wee visit today, and told us that her DH, TOM M still isn't smoking -- yeah! She says he is doing very well and really thinks he has it licked this time. She said "THANKS" for the prayers for him, as she has really been concerned for his health. He felt good enuff to go on a fly-in trip this week too, and that's a good sign.

We just stayed home and had a restful day after the full day we had yesterday at the lot (weed-whacking with my new machine). It seems I need a day or two in between them to give my musculs a much-needed break. The AM started out with a good :rain: but by noon, the :sunny: came out and stayed for the rest of the day. It was a cool, but nice fall day.

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend ... Rosebud :flow2:

bargoo 09-18-2010 11:54 PM

Welcome bac, suga and good luck !

EZMONEY 09-19-2010 10:15 AM

Angie plays bells at second service this morning so I have plenty of time to play on the computer before church. I am sorry for not posting here since last Sunday but I can assure you I check in here daily :hug: I have had so many hours away from home in the last couple of months...but...

I should be working closer to home, most days, for the next few weeks. I think my guys up at 90210 can finish the job without me as I start another one just 5 miles from my house....much better 10 mile round-trip commute than a 220 one :D

Yesterday Angie and I were able to walk together for the first time since Labor Day morning. We took the mutts on the 4 mile route to Starbucks, a great way to start the week-end!

We spent most of yesterday around the house, after the walk Angie went to church for bell choir practice and I vacuumed and started laundry, paid bills. After she got home Angie spent most of the day trying to figure out a music issue we have with the computer....I don't really understand all of it but she loaded a bazillion songs from a hard drive a friend of ours gave my brother and I to use...now she is trying to figure out how to best get the music off the one she loaded it in onto our computer, that is losing memory fast...so we can load into our i-pods....We will need a new computer soon but are waiting as long as we can.

Well I better get some breakfast going for myself...I have been eating at 3:30 most mornings for work and now it is almost 7:30...no wonder my tummy is growling :D

Prayers for all :hug:

Bootsie 09-19-2010 03:11 PM

Gary don't worry about posting , we know your working hard and I sure hope your getting some rest today for you need it!

Bootsie 09-21-2010 12:31 AM

Went to town with my friend Lanell and we had fun. Took her around and showed her all the resale shops ect. Got things for hubbies birthday party this Saturday. Think everything will turn out good, hope so. I am trying to make the main cake hope it turns out alright.

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-21-2010 03:46 PM

GOOD FOR YOU, BOOTSIE ~ hope you have a great party; I used to make DH's cakes all the time too. These days, he sometimes asks for something else like a pumpkin pie or a double-chocolate coffee cake a local bakery makes (one of his faves), and I don't complain as I don't have to make that one. ;)

WE were awaken by a huge thunderstorm last night and again early this AM, so we got up very early while it was still dark. There was a lot of thunder and lightening, so I disconnected my PC to be on the safe side. The :rain: is subsiding now, but it is still wet and cool. We pulled out our air conditioners today and put them away in our spare room, since the nights are getting colder and the winds were so bad last night.

I made a nice pot of veggie & lentil/bean soup for lunch; have leftovers for tomorrow as well -- perfect for this kind of weather. Think we'll have some baked fish or chicken for dinner with a salad on the side for me.

CAR ALERT: PRAYERS PLEASE ~ I know that you will not be surprised to hear that we have to take our car to the another mechanic tomorrow; we have taken it to three already. We thought it was fixed when they clamped the exhaust pipe at the last place, but we are still smelling gas fumes whenever we go over a bump, and NIKO tries to scramble on top of me to get into the front seat, shaking and hyper-ventilating at the same time ... poor darling. I don't blame him, it smells terrible.

You know, this is turning into a never-ending saga, except this guy had so much confidence that he said "Bring it on over, I'll find the source!" I hope so, this is getting ridiculous. I will be praying my head off for him and his partner as they go over the car with a magnifying glass ... :lol:

We really need this thing fixed for the winter; it would be horrible to go through this in the wintertime too. :yikes: It's a shame becuz the car itself runs fine and we have put so much money into it now. We bought a new battery and new tires ... we gotta get it fixed!!! Well, maybe this will be the guy as I kept finding this little note with his name & number on it around the place -- I have prayed about this so much, so maybe that was a little sign from GOD ... I sure hope so! :^:

Hope everyone out there is having a great week; take good care now ... Rosebud :flow2:

wilma12 09-22-2010 08:50 AM

Good Morning!

It's a cool sunny morning here in Winnipeg. We're supposed to get more rain again later today though. Enough already!!

I got up early and went for a walk this a.m. and it felt so good. I had not done anything since last Wednesday and was beginning to worry that I wouldn't have the umph to go out again but I did!! I have also joined an exercise class on Monday evenings after work. Tiring but good. Now I just need to work on my eating.

Elaine: Congratulations on the loss! It is a major milestone. Good job!

Rosebud: I sure hope the mechanic can find what's wrong with your car. It must be so frustrating for you. Keep up the good attitude. You also inspire me with your meal plans. I really do need to plan more instead of just eat what's available.

Gary: You're still working hard I see. Take care of yourself.

Have a great Wednesday!!