Letting God help this time.

• I am the type of person where, I don't admit it if I need help. It takes alot for me to ask God for help because I always like to try to do things on my own. I have got to stop doing so. I have tried and tried to diet and I have failed everytime. I think that what's going to keep me going to time around is God. I am putting this journey, this trial, this challenge into God's hands and letting him guide me and strengthen me. I know through him I can do anything!!!!!!!

I just wanted to share. Please pray for me as I start this. Prayer and God together is what will lead me to the victory.
  • Ah there Bat girl! I have a duck called Bat Girl and she is beautiful and the smartest animal on the ranch! She is my grandsons duck and he named her 7 years ago!
    Amy I was in your shoes when I turned 50, I to wanted to loose weight and that is when I joined First Place at the Baptist Church but I had no idea when I joined what God had in stored for me. I lost 90 pounds Amy and enjoyed every minute of it but I also changed from a different completely person to a better person. They have an online program if you don't have one in town . I would say joining one in your town meeting new people to encourage you and you encouraging them would really help you. Go AMY GO!!!

http://www.firstplace4health.com/ Check it out it is great and making God the center of your life is just awesome! Praying for you!
    Click on getting started, then joining an existing group, then want to join a group,
    Just put in your zip code and they can tell you the closest meetings.
  • AMY ~ yes, we really believe that having GOD as the center of your life can help you in your new WL journey too ... "Seek ye first the kingdom of GOD and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you" (see Matthew 6:33).

^PRAYERS^ going up for you too ...
  • Thanks guys! <3
  • Hi Amy! Not sure if you're still around here...I'm with you. I've tried all the "diets" and doing things my way, and it gets me no where! The only times I've truly felt success is when I'm trusting God to lead me in this. Not that I've mastered it, as a matter of fact I'm starting over today after having re-focused on myself and my ways for too long again! But God is good and He's bringing me back to seeing He is my helper and victor, and not the newest diet fad! Good luck & God Bless! And I love your goal rewards, haven't thought of doing that myself