Christian Encourager's AUGUST Thread ...

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Thank you for the link. I appreciate it!
  • BOOTSIE ~ ya, it's really, truly, finally fixed ... I mentioned it a couple of posts back in the GOOD NEWS REPORT. DH actually helped the young mechanics find the cause -- it was exhaust fumes; a connection had come undone and they clamped it for us. Haven't smelled anything since; we hope that will be the last of that. That was very dangerous for us and went on way too long. I mentioned to DH that I want that checked on a regular basis from now on, as NIKO and I got sick from it more than I care to recall.

THANKS for all your prayers; they were very needed and very appreciated too!!!
  • Just went to a BQ Party and it was really nice. Glad your car is well Rosebud.
    Still having trouble walking but I am getting there. Seems worse at night and have way ok after I get going in the morning, just feel like I could use a grease job, on all my bone joints, in my right hip.
  • I went down stairs to listen to church this morning. They have stopped cowboy church on my radio , well the TV will not work! So I thought maybe I can find something on the internet , well came across this :

http://www.bigbendcowboychurch.com/m...?topicID=9284&

The church is located at Alpine Texas, just a hop from where my daughter has made her home.
    Love it, and with my dial up it takes a while but loved the sermons.
  • That's great Bootsie,you are trying to walk stay w/it !!!!when i first started to walk,i could only go a block and would just walk circles in my drive way.But now I'm able to walk around the track It's so pleasant.I pray and talk to God while walking in the early morning.Just a very peaceful time.
    I love to listen to sermons on the IE when i can't get to church.Most of all the big churches are on line now.I've had to bookmark this thread cause i keep losing it

Edit:when i had trouble walking, Dr. told me to take a Tylenol or aleve about 30 minutes before starting..saying it would help my joints
  • HI LADIES ~

Angie is off at a yoga class right now, giving me time to catch up here We went to church last night, knowing it was going to be a nice morning here we skipped our usual 8am service so we could walk at the beach and get breakfast at the beach cafe. The dogs really love the 4 mile walk too A lot of surfers out there this morning.

I am still working up in Beverly Hills....so blessed to have work but the 200+ mile commute does take it's toll on this old guy At least my brother in law and I share driving.

Angie starts back to school tomorrow, the students start back on Thursday. This makes my life much harder it is so nice when she is home on vacations because i don't have to do anything really...she takes care of everything. I do still jump in and vacuum and do my drywall laundry but she has the meals pretty well done. Well, except for Thursday...that is my day since she teaches yoga at church. During the school year I will have to cook at least 2 nights a week...I think I can handle that

ONAMI ~ have you tried any of the "good" glucosamine/chondroitin products? I can't swear by them but when I was having some joint issues training for a marathon a while back it sure seemed to help...maybe a placebo thing for me

BOOTSIE ~ I listened to the cowboy church link for a while...good stuff. Our sermons are on Facebook...I re-watched most of last nights sermon today when we got home from our walk. My mind wanders sometimes during the sermon there was something I needed to look up that Pastor said. See my above post to OnaMi on the glucosamine/chondroitin.

KAREN ~Great news on the kids finding work I know you are a happy mom/grandma right now

BOOTS ~ Teaching...working for that PHD AND 3 kids under 5!!!? WOW!! I will pray for you

FRIDAYANGEL ~We are here to boost your efforts

GYPSYWOMAN and MATILDA ~ hello

ROSEBUD ~ FINALLY some good news on the car!! Let's all pray it runs forever now!! That is a really great post on your changes and menu...awesome I hope you get some more time out at the lot before it starts getting cold.

MICKEYPND ~ Welcome You have come to a place where we are not here to judge you but we will give advice if you ask. Some of the things you mention does not make you a bad person....however...without going into detail, you may be in a situation that God does not want you to be in...for your own benefit. God lays out His laws for us in His Word so that we can live lives that are good for us Some of what you are feeling may be his conviction. Some of what you mention sounds very familiar to my young adult years...I sure would do things different if I could go back...well, knowing me maybe I wouldn't I am a slow learner. I can only share with you some of my past living caused some very sad circumstances that God did not want to happen. He will work all of it through your life just as he did mine. He is there for you to turn to....and so are we
  • ONAMI I tried the Aleve and it seems to be working ,hope it continues and I started taking L-Glutamine to build up my muscle cells this morning ,was afraid to take it with that stuff the doctor gave me. Right now I feel better than I have in days, hope it continues to work and until I get my hip back going I am forgetting any diet. Thanks a-lot to both you and Gary. I just really need to walk and lift again, my husband depends on me and so do my animals. I have babies due any day now, they may need help and I can't even swat! I hope the dear Lord has an angel coming to help me and them especially them! Some or first timers and oh if that one first timer, Frosty, just has one I am going to have to train her to milk! She should supply us with enough milk, after one week, ( can't use the milk until she has been milked for one week, has Colostrum in it, first milk for babies ) we will not have to buy any for a long time, after that.
    Gee! I don't see how Boots has any time! I sure hope she sticks around though!
  • Thanks EZMoney for the info on the Glucosamine products I bought those drinks once for Walgreen's in the small bottles but i guess the tablets would be more effective.I figured i have to drink a lot of those drinks for me to notice a different and they are expensive.
    Oh..time for DH to go back to work.well..hope you guys enjoyed each other while she was off.How long before she retires? everything will be fine you can wing it for 2 day
    Sorry bout the long commute..man..Thank God you have some help driving.

Bootsie,glad the Aleve is working for you. wow.. first milk has Colostrum and can't be used,very interesting.Thanks for posting that.That's great you'll have fresh milk before long.
  • Oh............................I feel 85 % better this morning! My husband has been having problems with leg cramps too. I told him yesterday I did not want him to have anything with diet sugar in it and see if he or I have leg cramps during the night and I figured that stuff was interfering with my progress in getting better. Both of us drink about a 1/2 gallon or more of diet peach tea a day. Neither one of us had cramps in our legs last night, but he said he felt like walking dead this morning. He fell last Thursday and did not tell me because we had to go pick peaches, he has a big old bruise above his knee said he tripped over a pallet at the store. Could not get him to take any Aleve said it don't do a thing for him. Does me so far! Plus taking vitamins for my muscles I believe helps. I know I am going to gain but I just feel like I need to get me back to me before I even think of loosing ,plus look at the muscle strength, I will have to loose the added baggage I just don't need. If I could just hear from my cuz now and stop worrying about him, gonna call this morning around 11:30 and see if he is alright, he should be up and going by then.
  • thanks for all the kind words! I know I need to change, and I do believe God is giving me this sign!

I feel loads better.. this is going to be hard though, living on my own. I've always been dependent on someone in my life. But God doesn't give us more than we can handle, I just have to remember this.
  • Mickey,lean on Jesus.Take him as your everything.He's not gonna let his children go hungry.Step out on faith.
    I live alone and am just as happy as i can be.Never married and my life is good.like i told you in the PM
  • What a day but i do feel better than I have and think I am on my way to recovery. I feel so bad my husband fell at the store last Thursday and did not tell me until last night. He said he did not want to tell me because I felt so bad but since I was feeling better he decided to show me his battle scar above his knee.

Chickens was somewhat easier to get in tonight, can't get over one of my 4 month old ones is laying. It is the one that looks like a black speckled road runner and they act like roadrunners too! The egg is no bigger than a bird egg but its an egg, she was in her box tonight trying to lay another one!

Mickey, will be praying for you. Please come back when you can.
  • We having weather today with a nice breeze; good thing or it would be in the 90's like they forcasted. We were gonna go fishing & blueberry picking with some friends but that had to be postponed as the transmission went in their van.

Our car is running well, but we do have to put a new bearing on our fan belt mechanism (it is squeaking); DH wants to have that fixed before our trip and a mechanic friend (who is laid off right now) is gonna show him how to fix it. Our plywood plant is still shut down and only the maintenance staff have work right now. It is tuff times for a lot of people and some are thinking of moving away.

We may go up to our lot tomorrow to cut the grass if the weather is nice; it is supposed to be a bit cooler -- and that would be perfect for yard work. I am trying to get everything ready for our holidays this week, so that we can just hop in the car and go when my Dad & SM get back from out west.

MICKEY ~ sending up prayers for strength and direction ...

BOOTSIE ~ ya, that is young for a chicken to lay, but she may be a special one; not sure, but if I am recalling correctly, they did start laying by late summer & early fall (about six months). Glad to hear that you and David are on the mend ...

GARY ~ good to have someone to share the driving with!

ONAMI ~ my step-mother swears by the glucosamine products.

DH is having a ball zooming around on his electric bike; think this is his most favorite toy yet. One of his friends tried it out and is now going to buy one too. Have a great week everyone ... Rosebud
  • Rosebud, is it time to plant tulips you think? Do I dig up last year tulips and separate them or just let them act on their own?

Everyone I know around here is falling or some accident is happening to them.
    I guess we can all get together and talk about our akes and pains.
    I been checking them bikes out and those 3 wheel dudes are so high! I might like the 2 wheel there is one at Walmart and see how I like it. Does he have the no flat tires for his bike? There is no use in me getting one if I cannot get that around here.
  • BOOTSIE ~ yes, you do plant the tulip bulbs in the fall; and they will come up in the spring. I don't think you have to separate them for a few years, as far as I know. It should tell you on the package when to plant the bulbs, but I think I planted mine last October. I did notice some extra bulbets in the bed when I was planting my other perennials, so and I just replanted them at the time. Maybe they will all come up in the spring, so we'll see what we get next year.

DH doesn't know if his bike has special tires or not; we will have to look at the manual, but we did notice that the tires seem extra thick compared to regular bike tires. From what we have learned so far, there are three electric bicycle styles: one is a folding, compact one (not the ones we have). DH's is in the middle range ($700.00 regular price) with two batteries; it goes a little slower but quick enuff for him. It can even go up our steepest hills in our area and that save his legs.

Then there is the higher priced one with three batteries that goes a bit faster; here it costs around $1000.00 regular price. All of these bikes come on sale 3 or 4 times throughout the season and again at the end; but DH bought his second-hand from a man who had bad health (knee & heart) so he couldn't use it anymore.

NOTE: I put a special request in the Prayer Warrior's thread; it is very urgent ... thanks!