Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 260/229/200

Height: 5'4"

**WOW** Awesome teaching Rosebud! I too am going to start Praising the Lord when I feel negative (leads to muching)! Great reminder and idea!

Kathy--Sounds great! Have a wonderful time and stay safe

EZ--YAY for your new job! That's terrific

Onami--Thank you for the prayers and I am so thankful you found this thread too..we found it on the same day!

Well, I put in for a whole 4 days vacation for the week after Labor Day. Hubby will be off too and we'd like to go camping in our *new* trailer toy ..soooo pray that God's Will be done there, so maybe we can spend the week together
Bows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #77  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS DEB ~ I'm glad you like them; let me know how it goes. If you have any difficulty memorizing short joyful scriptures, just read them right from the Word. The last several chapters of Psalms have great PRAISE verses that you can recite; sometimes I even sing them to myself and GOD, of course.

That is just a brief synopsis about those SPIRITUAL STRATEGIES to heal our emotions. In the LOVE category, we also have to re-learn how to LOVE OURSELVES too. You know, GOD loves us; and JESUS loves us, so why don't we love ourselves? We learn to forgive ourselves (Roman 8:1) by claiming the GRACE that the LORD earned for us and gave us as a gift; then we can start loving ourselves again. When we kick-start the healing process -- by loving ourselves, we will just naturally start taking better care of ourselves too.

Our emotions do lead us to eat when we are not hungry; we try to soothe our sadness and sometimes anger, with food. Of course, this just makes things worse, not better; but what did the LORD say? Pray for those that hurt us and also pray for ourselves. Pray that GOD will deal with that person and/or situation; so that you can be free of it and heal right in the moment. Right after that, I start PRAISING again, which brings my Joy back; then I turn around, and go do something else!

KATHY & DEB ~ we hope that both of you and your families have a great time on your vacations and camping. I have heard of that park in NY and even seen some pictures of it; I'm sure the boys will have a ball there, and I think you all could use a fun-filled time right now.

Spent the morning doing housechores; got all my vacuuming done this AM; boy, now that is sure a good workout. We had rainstorms all night long, but today it is turning out to be kinda nice, but the winds are blowing things around on us. We may go out to our camper tomorrow too, if it is nice enuff; we'll see if the grass has grown any since we were last there.

Take care, and have a great day ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #78  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello everyone!!! Just checking in. I hope and pray all is well with you guys. Im doing on just need a little more will power....I know I can do it!!!!

Enjoy your day and please keep me in your prayers
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby. Rosebud I really enjoyed reading your strategies etc. Good reminder. I used to do some of that and need to get back to it. When I went through the time not knowing what was going to happen with the tests the doctor ordered, I knew what he was checking for. My Mother died as a result of cancer when she was 65... I'm 67. I thought of her and what she must have gone through. I always spend special time with the Lord, but I spent those days thinking of all He had done for me and really thanking and praising Him for all the goodness, love and grace He had shown me through the years. He has really been great to always be there even through the years when I didn't realize He was. I realized that regardless of how things turned out that He would still here for me. I've been through a lot in my life and each time I've come closer to Him. It just makes life have more meaning as we experience the things we go through. This situation turned out good because everything was okay, but what I gained with the Lord through it was awesome. Instead of getting upset by the situation, I found myself Praising Him a lot. As a result I have learned that Praising Him is such a Special part of my relationship with Him. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm going start back doing some of the things I used to do and also some you mentioned that I haven't done.

Prayers going up for ALL OF YOU!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #80  
Rosebud

TRISH ~ that's great to hear; glad if the strategies help you and others in some way. They sure have helped me a lot over the years; and still are ... during those difficult times when someone is very ill or when we lose those we love and care a lot about; or when scary times come (oh, the unknowns are sometimes the worst of all). These strategies got me through them all; plus lots of prayers from family and friends (like the ones here).

I know what you mean -- both my mother and father had colon cancer. My mother ended up getting a colostomy which she lived with for the remainder of her life (that wasn't fun but she was so brave through it all). She made it appear as if it was nothing, but I well remember that she went through a lot (a few surgeries too; and she was so sick after the 1st surgery). My Dad also survived his colon cancer, but said that he was so scared and went through a terrible depression at the time, just remembering what my mother went through years before.

As for me, the doctor is pretty sure he knows what it is; and I hope he is right, and that it heals quickly. I have to go get some more special meds for that tomorrow morning; and I hope it works becuz we got a big surprise when we found out that it wasn't covered by our insurance and it is at least $82.00.

The weather was perfect to go out to our lot today to do some more grass cutting and stuff like that. The coolness made is so much more comfortable for us and with a nice breeze, there were no buggies to bother us either. We had a very good day.

Came home and just heated up a leftover roast chicken dinner; and after I'm done here, I will go rest up my tired, sore legs and body for a while. Maybe do some reading too ...

Hope you all had a great day; Friday's up tomorrow, then the weekend again -- so, take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-29-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rosebud I pray that the medicine will work. This morning I suddenly remembered blessed Christian woman in a church I went to years ago (can't remember where) who prayed over her medicine when she took it. She said she always prayed would bless the medicine and use it to heal her. I started doing that with my meds this morning.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #82  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARGOO
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #83  
Rosebud

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARGOO ~

HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY -- and did something special becuz ... YOU ARE SPECIAL , and you deserve it!!!

THANKS TRISH ~ I like that idea of praying over the medicine; will certainly do that. We also got a pleasant surprise when I went to pick these meds up -- the pharmacist (GOD BLESS HIM) showed me how to pay less (he gave me a tip), so it was only $46.00 instead of $86.00. That was a good savings tip ... so, PTL!!!

Got lots of walking in today when we went shopping; the store had moved things all over the place -- I think I had to circle the place at least 4 times before I found everything, but that's a great way to walk off the pounds!

Warm temps here today; kinda in the middle (in the high 70's); it felt like much higher around dinnertime though, but it is cooling off some now. Just gonna have a quiet restful evening at home tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-30-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone!

We just got home this evening after being in NY for a couple of days. We had a very relaxing time. The boys enjoyed the amusement/water park and Tim and I relaxed and took many walks. Time and I both got sun burnt, but we'll survive. It will pass in a couple of days.

I'm exhausted so I'm going to go to bed.

Have a good weekend!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Thanks for the birthday wishes !!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #86  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Bargoo- Happy(belated) Birthday!!Hope you had a great day!

We've been busy, busy, busy trying to get DS2 ready for college and keep up with the garden and yard work, along with so many other things I can't even remember all of them right now, but you've all been in my prayers every day. Still battling my urges to eat and eat (all emotional, so I must go back and re-read Rosebud's posts). Tomorrow is one year since DH's dad passed away and it just brings back so much sadness, especially with everything else that's happened in the time being. We may go up to take DH's mom out for her birthday tomorrow (yeah, his dad died on his mom's birthday), but DH has been sick since Thursday, so we have to see how he is tomorrow. Since she's on chemo, we don't want to expose her to anything that could hinder her treatments.

Also, wanting to take the boys to Valleyfair on Wednesday, but waiting to buy tickets until DH knows he's better. We're trying to fit in one last 'family' thing before football camp starts for DS3 and DS2 goes away to college (he leaves for his NWC football camp on Aug. 15th already) Boy, are things going to be different in our house! I won't know what to do with spare time during the day, now that I only have to homeschool one kid! Of course, we'll be heading to town for football practices every day, since he doesn't drive yet, so that'll be time and $, but we want him to be able to give it a try, since his back is stable enough to give it an attempt.

Well, not much else to say right now, so hope you are all having a nice weekend and enjoying what's left of summer! God bless!

Oh, and Gary-Congrats to you and your family!!! Very special times are coming!

Last edited by ronni62; 07-31-2010 at 09:57 PM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone--- sorry I have been away for so long. Things were really kind of crazy for awhile (and still are but in a happier way) My son who was in Florida split with his wife the first of the year and he and his son have been trying to make it in Florida all this time. We all knew it wasn't the right time for him to try it in Florida but my Grandmother used to say, "Experience is a hard lesson, but some fools won't learn any other way!" Anyway, he met a nice lady who has 2 daughters and they have moved back here to MO. to stay with us until they are on their feet. Right now, they have gone to Colorado because his Ex wants their son out their for the school year(really seeing her call again in a month or 2 and say come and get him) They should be back here next this coming week. They got in to town last Friday night, she applied for a job on Sat. morning and is pretty confident that she will have it. My son put in several apps. on Monday.

I have put in some pictures that we have been taking while they were here. The first and last one is Bella, she 21 months old! The one is the dog crate is not my way of discipline, she crawled in there herself and I couldn't resist getting the picture!! The second picture is my son, he was having fun with Bella's turtle!! The 3rd and 4th pictures are of the family with TJ, my grandson, being in the 3rd one. So it has been hectic. Plus they have a 7 month old boxer mix puppy and I have been "Dog sitting" for my brother who is on his honeymoon, and she is a 7 month old Coton De' Tulear and super hyper! Plus my own 2 poms! So more than once I have been crying out for "Calgon, take me away!" Thank goodness for the quiet time in the pool for the adults after the kids bedtimes!!

So now you know what I have been doing for "FUN" these past few weeks. OH wait!! I do have some more news to tell but will have to post in a second post so I can put a picture on!! Be right back!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3330.jpg (26.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3337.jpg (35.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3342.jpg (29.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3275.jpg (42.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3293_00.jpg (42.6 KB, 2 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Ok I'm back--- I've had a 2000 S10 Blazer for the last 10 years-- it has 64,000 original miles on it. We bought it in Feb. of 2001 and it had 24,000 miles on it! So you can tell this has been my baby! A few weeks ago we decided to start looking at some new cars.. In fact, we started looking at Ford Mustang Convertibles, (we had a 1965 when we first got married in 1970) BUT just happened to see this ad for a 2006 Cadillac and decided to test drive it. Fell in love with it!!! AND I decided a nice sunroof made a lot more sense than a convertible! So that is how we went from a Mustang to a Cadillac. I know I'm spoiled-- probably a close second to my dogs!!! But God has been great to even let us think about getting a second, second car! But I have advertised my Blazer on craigslist now and even got emotional when we had a couple people come and look at it today! It still has the original tires on it even!! I know it is time to replace the tires but still -- it has been a great 4wd SUV--- and very rarely even got out in the snow when we lived in Colorado!!

OK Just had to share with everyone! Thoughts and prayers going out for everyone. Gary, again Congrats on the new grandbaby!! You are going to make a great Grandpa!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3252.jpg (42.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3253.jpg (34.5 KB, 2 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 PM   #89  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

Good to see everyone

Angie and I just finished watching a Memphis Blues and a Hot In Cleveland that we dvr'd last week. We were supposed to go to church for service then a wine education night...sort of a fundraiser for "WINGS"...Women In God's Service group that Angie is a part of but she threw her back out this morning. I came out of the bathroom downstairs just as she was coming in from the garage, she was doing laundry. She didn't look good so I asked what was wrong. She said she threw her back out reaching for her panties. Since she was doing laundry I assumed they fell out of the basket onto the floor. So all day I've been telling people she threw it out doing laundry...even on facebook...finally she says why are you telling them that? I asked isn't that what happened? She says no, she was reaching for them on the shelf behind the toilet where she had placed them for when she got out of the shower. So here I go lying and don't even know it

She has had a bad back for years since a car accident as a teen. It had been doing very well with yoga but the last 2 weeks she has had to go back to the chiropractor for some adjusting.

We did get out to Starbucks for our 3.5 mile walk before she got hurt though. She is doing a little better tonight.

I will try and get back to say hi to everyone tomorrow. I have caught up with the reading and you are all in my prayers!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Oh WOW! Does God work wonders in my life. My husband needed me to help in his store while he moved some hay so i was sitting there talking to Rat ,a police officer and we were talking about the wreak on highway 71 and I was noticing how much that boy reminded me of my grandson. I looked up as the door opened and in walked a boy that looked just like my grandson and then walked in my granddaughter then my other two grandsons , I just sit there in shock at first I thought the young man was a ghost! I just sit there ah ah ah ah then Rat says Nita you know these kids I said yes! They are my grandchildren! I was almost in tears I was so happy had not seen them since last Thanksgiving! Though we did not get to spend much time with them while they were here it was such a joy seeing them.

Welcome Matilda! Happy Birthday Bargo! Sorry I missed it !

Oh Gary I feel so sorry for Angie ,bless her heart that HURTS! It is crazy we can lift this and that and all of a sudden we do the most simple thing and ZAP!! there goes the back! It feels like someone stabs ya!

I have a -lot of catch up to do on here , think I read where they got you on med's Rosebud praying they help.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote