3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Church (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/204524-church.html)

Onederchic 06-13-2010 05:10 PM

Church

As some of you may know, I have a lot of social issues and today I have taken a HUGE leap regarding that. I have not stepped inside a church for worship since I was around 12 years old but I contacted a local pastor and he is trying to find a member of his church that would be willing to let me ride to Sunday morning services with them. I am so nervous :|

Kelli 06-13-2010 05:50 PM

I am so excited for you! I don't know your situation, but one thing I do know, that I know, that I know, and that is God loves you very much. He has a plan for your life and will use you if you let him. I can testify that there is nothing that makes me more FULL of joy than doing what God put me here to do. I know he will bless you on this journey.

Love, Kelli

Onederchic 06-13-2010 06:23 PM

Thank you so much, Kelli :hug:

bargoo 06-13-2010 06:31 PM

Congratulations! That is a big step. I will be praying for you .

Onederchic 06-13-2010 06:34 PM

Thank you :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 06-13-2010 09:12 PM

GOOD FOR YOU, MICHELLE ~ that is a huge step for sure; I also am a "social" recoverer too. In my twenties, I had some similar difficulties/fears of some social situations (agoraphobia), which stemmed from being treated very badly in public (and privately) about my weight and other issues, which made me feel very insecure ... but the LORD helped me and I was healed of this problem. Odd thing is that I am much heavier now than I was then, so you know I was healed by GOD ... :lol:

Just go and enjoy yourself ... :hug:

Onederchic 06-13-2010 09:39 PM

Thank you :D :hug:

Rochester 06-13-2010 09:53 PM

That is so exciting! I pray that God surrounds you with supportive, encouraging, helpful people. :hug:

Lanniedo 06-13-2010 10:05 PM

There is never a time, we are alone. God is with us with every step we take. Just reach out and take his hand and he will lead you where he wants you to go. And remember, God has not given us a spirit of fear :hug: I believe that if you have a little faith, God will deliver you completely from this. :carrot: One time someone asked me why God did not respond to all of the needs of everyone. At that time I was not sure how to answer that. So I went the next Sunday and asked my pastor the same question. The reply: "God does not answer because we have a need, instead he answers those who have FAITH that he will." Just remember that. Praying for you......HUGS!!!!

Sabrina

Onederchic 06-13-2010 10:10 PM

Thank you!! :hug:

Onederchic 06-13-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanniedo (Post 3339447)
There is never a time, we are alone. God is with us with every step we take. Just reach out and take his hand and he will lead you where he wants you to go. And remember, God has not given us a spirit of fear :hug: I believe that if you have a little faith, God will deliver you completely from this. :carrot: One time someone asked me why God did not respond to all of the needs of everyone. At that time I was not sure how to answer that. So I went the next Sunday and asked my pastor the same question. The reply: "God does not answer because we have a need, instead he answers those who have FAITH that he will." Just remember that. Praying for you......HUGS!!!!

Sabrina

Thank you very much, Sabrina, that means a lot to me :hug:

EZMONEY 06-13-2010 11:41 PM

MEESH if you lived near me I'd take you to my church :hug:

God does answer all of believers prayers....but as His will and not ours...and sometimes it is a "no".....

as your journey goes and you gain strength with Him you will see how lucky you were sometimes He said NO! ;)....

Through our prayers and WORD He molds us and shapes us to become more Christ-like....

Ask for whatever your wishes are...and ask most imortantly that His will be done in your life...He will be there every step of the way :hug:

Onederchic 06-14-2010 09:15 AM

Thank you very much :hug::hug: