Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Oh Gary thank the dear Lord he knows who to send his lost too!

You and Angie did not know, that you are his Walking Angels did you?
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

AH, GARY ~ that is such a nice story; I'm sure the LORD sent her to your door becuz you would help her ... one more blessing coming your way; the heck with the game!

BOOTSIE ~ ^PRAYERS^ continuing for YOU and your brother ...

WE have been having some doozy storms up here with all kinds of lightening etc, so we had to disconnect our PC for the last few days. We lost a modem once before as the charges go right through your lines and damage them (and we also lost 2 VCR's that way too). Now we don't chance it anymore, as those modems are expensive ...

BUT, I'm not complaining as I prayed for that those clouds and some rain to cool things off. PTL for answered prayers!!! The temperatures are much nicer tonight; it will be great for sleeping too.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-28-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #63  

Rosebud understand that the lightening has been doing the two step in Texas!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #64  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ I believe that ... we had some double ones here too (two of them side by side at the same time or within nano-seconds of each other); it was kinda pretty, but the spit-spat and crackle'n pop was kinda scary at times ...

We had nice cool temps for most of today; just stayed home and did stuff around here. Ate pretty good this week; stayed well on plan, so happy for that and when I weighed myself before going to the docs, had lost 2 more lbs but it was late in the day; but I that shows my earlier loss was stable.

Hope to continue the trend as the doc was getting on me about WLS again. I guess we will just have to play this cat & mouse game back and forth -- he bugs, and I say that I will think about it some more (NOT), and around and around we go again ...

Hope you all are having a good weekend ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-01-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #65  
Rosebud

HEY, hey, hey ~ where is everbody? I spent one evening doing prayers and had my PC off for a storm earlier today. Been keepin' busy (in a good way); eating on plan; getting some walking and exercise in too. We've had some nicer weather too; more spring-like temps with some sunshine mixed in for good measure ... ya, we'll take it.

Hope you are all having a good week too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-01-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #66  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Sorry ROSEBUD....I have been lurking

We had a great Memorial Day week-end We had 25 friends and family over on Sunday for a bbq and a shuffleboard tournament...Angie and I lost in the first round

Oh well...I may never win the trophy (my son and dil won this one) but I own the court!

We were able to get a couple of walks in with the dogs and breakfast at the beach, which is always a favorite for us

I am back to work after being off for my trip to New York. Luckily for me the job I am on now is only 30 miles away...almost in my backyard! My poor brother is going to the job I left a month ago in Beverly Hills...I go out to get my paper at 4:00 and he is already gone...he lives across the street from me.

Well gals Angie is calling me for dinner...

Prayers ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #67  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! It's been such a busy week or so. DS2 had a freshman orientation day at his college (couldn't believe it was so early!), then his 18th birthday (when exactly did I get so old?!), so we had a little graduation/b-day party for him-just family, then, meeting to get ready for VBS next week, & cutting sod in our back yard for a new flower bed. I forgot that the hardest part is moving the sod after it's cut out-I'm exhausted! Fortunately, we have some low spots in our yard, so we were able to use all the sod we cut out, but now must go get some good peat, compost, manure for the new flower bed. On top of that, I'm trying to plan a vacation for the week of the 14th and DH's boss finally tells DH that he should go to a conference in IL next week! Now, DH has known about this conference for months, but his good-for-nothing boss would never let him know whether he was to plan on going or not. What kind of boss waits until the week before to make a decision? DH's plant has 3 managers and all 3 need to be fired, along with 2 of the union guys-they've all formed some kind of back-stabbing, brown-nosing clique where the 2 union guys get lots of "extras" while everyone else has to watch their own backs very carefully.

With all that going on, I'm just wiped out. I really need a vacation. We're going to the Black Hills, which we just love-so much to do, so we choose a couple things to pay for on each trip and then just do hiking and other stuff that's free. We'll get through VBS next week (I get to work on snacks in the kitchen so not too much activity with kids-love the kids, but like I said, I really need a break). A couple of my step-grandkids may come down for the week, but not sure yet.

I've been struggling with my eating so badly these last couple months since my dad died and I've gained 15 pounds!! I'm so disgusted with myself, but I can't seem to quit eating carbs. I know I can't cut them completely, but I can't remember ever craving carbs as much as I have lately. Trying to replace the junk carbs with fruit and whole grains as much as possible this week. I know part of it is emotional eating, because I have felt really let down by people who I thought were my friends. Even my church simply ignored the fact that my dad died. None of the youth pastors even asked the boys how they were doing. We've actually been thinking about changing churches. That's not the only, or even the biggest, issue, but it's kind of brought the fact that we're not accepted to the forefront, I guess.

Well, enough of my rambling....Keeping you all in my prayers, even when I'm just lurking and not posting Hope you all have a great weekend!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

BOOTSIE ~ I heard this yesterday on Dr. Laura and thought of you

http://www.drlaura.com/letters/index...ile=1&id=19688
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #69  

Yep! That could be me! I understand where she is coming from. People ask us why we do it sometimes if you can't get rich from doing it? Well....God put special people in special places that have a special love for the work they do. No I don't want to go out side sometimes but knowing I have someone who loves me and needs me motivates me. My animals are my friends and I love them.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #70  
Rosebud

GARY ~ that story by Kathleen does sound like BOOTSIE; when we had our farm and animals ... it was LOVE of our furry friends that motivated us to feed them and clean their smelly pens and look after them in general; they give back so much LOVE that it is well worth it ...

I guess it is time that we moved into the new JUNE THREAD; we were all caught napping this month ...