Old 05-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning-- Bootsie, you and your family will be in my thougths and prayers. Please keep us updated. Your story about the tanks made me smile! My brother and wife years ago lived in Lamar, Colorado and had bought an older house. There were no windows on this one outside wall of the living room. Well, they had got from a friend this huge window which was probably 4' X 6' and wanted to put that in there. My brother worked nights and always had some excuse when he came home that he couldn't do it right then. But always had time to stop and have coffee with the guys when he got off work! Well, this one morning she was so tired of waiting for her window that before he got home from work she had taken an axe and put a HUGE hole in that wall about 3' x 3'! Needless to say he got busy and put that window in! I always laugh when I think of her doing that. And she was this little tiny thing, probably didn't weigh 100 pounds soaking wet!!

I don't know about the Greenie site. I just went there to check to see what was happening with it. WHen I go to www.greenies.com it takes me to the home page I guess. Then down at the bottom it looks like there are different "ads" hanging with clothes pins on the line. That is where the "Greenies Show Us Your Pets Healthy Smile" contest. link is. After you click on that then there is a link to click on photo gallery-- that is where you type in the city, Carthage. Then Ginger and Sissy should show up there. Right now they are the only ones from Carthage.

Yes, that is car seats they ride in. That way they can sit up and look out the windows or they lay down in them curl up and go to sleep. I think it is safer for all instead of them running around the car loose. And they like it. There is a short leash attached to the back of their car seats and that attaches to their harness. I put a harness on them when we travel that way if they should jump out of the car seats that they won't choke. But they really do ride in them good.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #17  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ Prayers going up for your brother ... and hope you can find some way to get those tanks filled up. Got any friends or relatives that could help haul them closer to the house for you?

KAREN ~ yes, the Greenies site just keeps re-directing me to a Canadian default address and there is no link to any contest on that home page; I've searched it three times now ... but those pics are great and their smiles are lovely ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #18  
Rosebud

We just had a nice rest day at home today becuz would you believe we have been having ***** falling all day long? It is coming from the north with a very strong ~~~~~ that almost knocks you over, so we decided to make this an indoor day ... So far, most of the ***** has melted, just a little pellet types out there now. It kept changing form from snowflakes to powder-like pellets now.

It is supposed to be nice and tomorrow -- hope they are right. I have been having a few tiny little mishaps lately; somehow got a tiny scrape on my left, front calf (don't need that, do I?) but it does have a scab on it. Praying that it will heal up completely -- right away, right? Right!

Then today, I bit the right side of my tongue; it was my fault really -- you know, yakking while I was eating ... does it every time, but it is sore. That will take a week or so to heal, BUT maybe sooner with the LORD's gracious healing touch, right? Right!

WE had fish with coleslaw, sliced tomatoes, and homefries (I had sweet potatoes fries) for dinner tonight. One of our weekly favorites. Had a good on plan week so far and got some walking in, and my early morning toning exercises done too. DH told me today that he can notice that I am getting smaller ... yahooooooooooooooooooo!

Hope you all are having a great week so far; and do take good care ... Rosebud ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-06-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #19  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

I'm really not comfortable with asking folks to pray for me but right now I'm desperately seeking help. Short version of story: I have had severe back pain and saw a new doctor (orthopedist). He wanted me to take a round of hard-core anti-inflammatory meds before going forward. So, I've been taking toradol and oral steriods. I have a history of depression and anxiety but I forgot what taking steriods does to me.

I am having horrible panic attacks. Right now tears are streaming down my face, I'm short of breath, I'm dizzy and the words I"m typing are a blur. I don't know if I can explain how frightening this is. I have four more days of taking these meds and I'm so scared.

I know there are people on this thread who will pray for me and it gives me hope that I'll make it through this.
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

MissKoo--- My thoughts and prayers are with you..
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Praying in Texas for you, Misskoo, does your doctor know your going through this? If not contact him or her soon! For it sounds like your having an allergic reaction to the medicine that should not be happening! Please contact your doctor. Or contact your pharmacist, mine is good at telling me what to do.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #22  
Big Miss Sunshine

Thanks, gals. I made it through the night. I have a call in to the doc but I'm afraid that this is what steroid use does to me. It is helping my back pain and I'm going to try to finish the rest of the package - four more days reducing the dosage each day.

It was helpful to post last night in the midst of that horrible fear. I tried to stay prayerful the rest of the night. I thanked God when the sun came up that I got through it!

koo
Old 05-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #23  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers MissKoo
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #24  
Rosebud

MISSKOO ~ sorry you have been having such a bad time with reactions to your meds; I agree with the others that you should get medical advice right away, but am sending up ^PRAYERS^ for you tonight that you will feel better ... anxiety attacks are frightening in themselves, and reading positive bible scriptures and singing uplifting songs can help alot. I am sure that your doctor can find other meds that could relieve your back pain without such severe side effects ...

Like GARY says, we can only think one thing at a time; and if we think on the positive promises of GOD, that can help take away fear -- and, here are some comforting verses ...

"FEAR THOU NOT, for I am with you ... I will strengthen you and help you ..." (Isaiah 41:10)

"For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear: but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

"I the Lord thy GOD, will hold thy right hand, saying unto you, FEAR NOT: I will help thee." Isaiah 41:13

"Be strong, and of a good courage; BE NOT AFRAID ... for the LORD, thy GOD, is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

And for your back -- you can ask GOD to help ease that pain as well; and give wisdom to your doctors how to help you ~

"For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, says the LORD." Jeremiah 30:17

Rosebud ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-07-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #25  
Big Miss Sunshine

Default Thanks, Rosebud. Isaiah - great choice for me today

"I the Lord thy GOD, will hold thy right hand, saying unto you, FEAR NOT: I will help thee." Isaiah 41:13

I have to concentrate on keeping my right hand open . . .

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #26  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Just wish all Mothers a great day today, and want to remember a special Mother also today; THE MOTHER OF JESUS CHRIST,MARYfor her love, understanding,strength,determination and her faith in her son, Jesus and his Father.

Last edited by Bootsie; 05-09-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #27  
Rosebud

Yes, hope all our mom's out there had a --

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY yesterday ... maybe out to lunch or dinner, or something like that!

We've had some cold weather here with some fine powdered ***** falling, but with the very strong northernly ~~~~~, most of it just blew right through and the rest melted very quickly too. We had to put our comforters and my special Ultra-warm blankie back on our bed though, as it was c h i l l y in there!

We just stayed home and had a quiet weekend; although, we did go out for drive one day last week (Friday) to one of our favorite lakes for a short while. We went to look at a car (to buy) this weekend, but the owner was so controlling that he wouldn't even let DH drive it; and that didn't go over too well, so we walked away and let him keep his control and his car too ...

I picked up some things for our camper to make things more comfortable. WE still have some things to get, but that will take a little while yet, as we don't want to spend more on accessories than we paid for the camper itself ...

BTW ~ besides our crocuses, some other little blue flowers have bloomed as well as some mini-daffodils (never seen them so tiny) and now most of our tulips are getting ready to bloom (one yellow one today) too. I can't believe with all the frigid temps and ***** that they are all still blooming. We have neighbours that have tulips and daffodils in the east and south sides already in bloom, but our gardens are on the west side, so that is why the delay, me thinks!

Well, dinner is ready -- hope you all have a good week too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-10-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #28  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ We have been blessed with lovely for the last 3 days; the temps today were in the 50's F and the winds have finally died down a bit too. DH was busy today, so I just stayed home and did stuff around here (mostly light housechores).

Well, our car is in the garage for an inspection/tune-up tonight -- an old friend of DH's is a licenced mechanic; and we just found out that he came out of retirement and opened a new garage (he was too bored;lol). So DH took our car to him as we can still smell gas whenever we go over a bump or put in gas. Well, he took one look under the hood and gasped; he told DH that a whole bunch of hoses were missing, for one. We have no idea where they went or who took them; or why the last 2 garages (and all of their mechanics) never told us, is beyond me. I have been praying like crazy about this problem as the fumes were making me want to , and it seemed like we were going through a lot of gas; plus we had already paid for this to be fixed at least 3 times. We hope our friend can fix it up for us once and for all as he is a very experienced mechanic ...

My daffodils and tulips are finally blooming here. DH found me some more drums this week (to make mini-gardens in). Hope all our encouragers are having a great week; seems everyone is very busy and MIA this week too -- take good care ... Rosebud
Old 05-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #29  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ We had on and off all day long today; but our natural flora all need that, don't they? (especially our flowers that are now blooming) It is supposed to be nice and for the whole weekend but we are stuck at home as our car is in the garage, but we had good news about that.

It took this qualified mechanic only 15 minutes to correct some mistakes made by some young apprentices last fall. They had taken things apart and didn't put them back on correctly, hence why we had gas fumes backing up into our car ... oh dear, not very safe really! BTW -- that garage was recently sold and new licenced mechanics were hired, but we won't be going back there ... uhuh ...

We will be getting a few more things done on the car at the same time, so we may have Old Betsy back by Monday or sooner; we'll see, but she will be in much better shape ... thank GOD for answered prayers! Will be sticking around home, but enjoying the nice weather anyways.

Hope you all have a good weekend; take care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-15-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #30  

Good morning Rosebud! Hey girl good to see your flowers growing even though there has been cold weather, think God is saying I love you Rosebud! My Daddy had a car called Old Betsy! Mine is called Old Faithful , red bird when she messes up! My brother was sent home yesterday and everyone is telling me his place is so messy it if the city seen it would be condemned. I told them that he needed help to clean it up and someone is supposed to come by today and see how they can help clean it up. His friends took out a trash load yesterday and put his new chair together and he loves that chair. He is having a hard time knowing when to take his medicine though. Well best go have a great day Rosebud.