Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #76  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS GARY ~ I appreciate that you were so open and honest to admit that you have the same struggle as my DH; he says the same as you "that he is really at himself" ... same issues too: can't find things right in front of him and often calls me to come and help him find it and feels foolish and embarrassed that it is right in front of him and he can't see it even with his glasses on. It's often a color issue too: black on black or light on light, or too small etc. He loses things a lot and I have to help him; thank GOD, that I am good at finding things ... literally!

He was born with a learning and memory challenge (he has all the symptoms of Aspberger's Syndrome), and as he is aging, it is getting noticably worse; so that is scary and frustrating, as you say. Sure is hard being the wife who he wants to help sometimes but not at other times; and I have to guess when it's OK. Sometimes he gets embarrassed if I see or know that he can't remember some things, like how to measure something (manly pride).

Yes, he forgets words too and many, many other things too. Goes up town to mail a letter, but forgets the letter at home (a lot); goes out to the shed but can't remember why he went; loses his wallet and keys all the time; goes to the store and can't remember what for but even forgets to look at the list he has with him and on and on ... it's a daily occurence now.

His mother had Alzheimers and he's terrified that he is developing it too. I know that he is always sorry; and he feels bad that he reacts the way he does. It's like we are both going through the same battle but just on the opposite side of the fence or coin, so2speak ...

I appreciate the prayers; it is comforting to know that others know how we feel. Like I said, we all have our battles in this life, so it's good that we can pray, share, and support each other through them.

OH, btw -- DH had a safe and successful trip to the city; it was so important to him ... and we are having a good week too, so thanks for all your prayers.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-27-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #77  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ We've had lovely weather all week; what a glorious blessing indeed. DH is doing much better as well. WE went out to our lot mid-week and got some more landscaping stuff done; it's a great time to do this as it's not too hot and there are no buggies out just yet. DH found some really pretty rocks today for my rock garden that look like a kind of quartz and sparkly.

We are just waiting for warmer weather for putting the next layer on the base of our cabin/cottage at the lot. IT was so cold yesterday that we both had to wear gloves on our hands outdoors. We were very tired but we had a great time while we were there.

Today, I was still a bit tired so I just stayed home and rested for the day; and funny that was in two of my devotions today -- to make sure not to overdo it and not make our lives too hectic and stressful.

Jesus would take some time away to a quiet place like a mountain or a beach (Galilee) to pray and commune with GOD; it is really a good way to relax too. Hope you all are having a blessed week too ... Rosebud

^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-29-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone, Well, we got the home all taken care of in Colorado and are on our way home. We left our home (used to be) about 3:30 yesterday afternoon. We only drove as far as Lamar, Colorado and stopped for the night. Then this morning we left and drove to Pratt, Kansas. The wind was so bad again that we just decided to stop over and hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Here is a picture that Tim took of Ginger, Sissy and me this morning. I think "us girls" were pretty tired! Anyway, it will sure be good to get back home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2943.jpg (35.0 KB, 2 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #79  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

hi!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #80  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

This is my first time to post in this forum, and I hope it is okay for me to just jump right in. I realized that in order to be successful on my weightloss journey I need to give it over to God. I need to allow him to help me make these changes in my life. I cannot do it alone.

I have been kind of distant from God for a while now. I stopped going to church, reading my bible, and praying. I do not really know why I stopped. I think I lost a bit of faith and was having a hard time accepting God. I had been going to a christian church my entire life basically. I think I felt like I needed to decide on my beliefs myself. Some things happened in my life recently and it caused me to have faith again. I am going to start getting closer to God again. I miss him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy
He was born with a learning and memory challenge (he has all the symptoms of Aspberger's Syndrome), and as he is aging, it is getting noticably worse; so that is scary and frustrating, as you say. Sure is hard being the wife who he wants to help sometimes but not at other times; and I have to guess when it's OK. Sometimes he gets embarrassed if I see or know that he can't remember some things, like how to measure something (manly pride).

Yes, he forgets words too and many, many other things too. Goes up town to mail a letter, but forgets the letter at home (a lot); goes out to the shed but can't remember why he went; loses his wallet and keys all the time; goes to the store and can't remember what for but even forgets to look at the list he has with him and on and on ... it's a daily occurence now.
I am dating a wonderful man with Asperger's syndrome. I know that everyone with Asperger's syndrome is different. He doesn't have issues remembering things he wants to do. He's not forgetful, really. He has some social problems like not understanding when to talk during a phone conversation, not making eye contact etc. It's all natural things that are not taught to us. Something else might be going on if your son is very forgetful. I will pray for you and your family. If it is Asperger's lots of people have successful and relatively normal lives. It's supposed to get better with age.

Last edited by Asherdoodles87; 04-30-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #81  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Not much going on here.

Angie and I will take the mutts out for a nice walk this morning....they are all still in bed, I throw the dogs in on her at 6am on Saturday

Angie has bell practice at church this morning then we may go to a street fair or something else...a lot going on here in our area....weather is perfect too

We tried a new Mediterranean place in our area last night for dinner...I got shrimp kabobs, they were good but for me it felt like more of a lunch place. We plan to go back and try the gyros one day soon.

ASHERDOODLES WELCOME and do jump right on in.

Well have a great week-end gals
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

WELCOME ASHERDOODLES!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #83  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

STOP! And go here ~