3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ March (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/195673-christian-encouragers-%7E-march.html)

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-09-2010 08:43 PM

HI FOLKS ~ yeppers, we were blessed with another :sunny: day -- that must be some kind of record for us; and the temps were up above 50F here also. NUMPSTER thinks that we all will get some more ***** but even if we do, it won't stay long.

LAURIE ~ off on another trip? Boy, you come home and work like mad and then rush off on another trip; and you'll come home and work like mad and ... OK, I'm just teasin' ya -- have a great time in Chicago!!! ;)

HI BOOTSIE ~ yes, that's a cute story about your church friend; and she's right ... I think kiddies can wear shorts to church; as Jesus said, it isn't about the outside that matters, but what's in your heart, right? Glad to hear you have :rain: down there for all your gardens and crops ...

KELLI ~ thanks, I'm just sharing what we do each day; it is so nice to have this much sun, esp in March which is normally one of the coldest and stormiest months up here, but we always do get some sun in March so that isn't surprising to us. Congrats on the new position at church!

HI GARY ~ Ya, we are lovin' this weather for sure, and I am taking full advantage of it too. We had two rock doves bathing in a puddle today; it was so cute to see ... you'd have thunk it was there own private lake the way they were acting, plus the males are trying to impress the ladies so I'm sure spring is almost here! ;)

HI PATTY H ~ nice to have you drop by again; just come in when you can and let us know how you are doing -- that's good enuff ...

So, I just did stuff around home today including some mending. Made a nice pot of homemade meatball and veggie soup for lunch. We had deli chicken, veggies, and salad for dinner. Had a good day ... NIKO and I spent some time out on our porch again today, and I did some reading while catching some rays too.

Hope all our encourager's out there are having a great week; and take good care of yourselves too ... Rosebud :flow1:

CountingDown 03-09-2010 09:45 PM

Rosebud - LOL, yes - it is a strange time for us - 3 trips in 5 weeks. We are actually gone more than we are home. No more trips planned until fall, after this one.

Enjoy the beautiful sunshine! It so reminds me of the loving arms of our Father - it just touches my soul this time of year :D

I bet Niko is enjoying this weather! His beautiful coat is surely absorbing all that sunlight!

And, I'm betting that Numpster is right - we WILL be getting more snow - but we are old enough and smart enough to know that we need to ENJOY this glorious spring weather while it lasts - because tomorrow can bring something unexpected.

Blessings and health and healing to you!

Laurie :scooter:

lolajean624 03-09-2010 11:38 PM

Hi! I'm new to 3FC and new to the idea of a diet support forum. I'm glad to see a faith based group here! It helps to remember I'm not alone - on the earthly or heavenly front!

EZMONEY 03-09-2010 11:42 PM

Welcome LOLAJEAN!

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-10-2010 08:36 PM

:welcome: to 3FC's and to our Christian thread too, LOLAJEAN ~ yes, it is nice to have a Christian group to talk to here; and we have a PRAYER WARRIOR thread in this faith forum too, so we can ask for prayers for our family, friends, or ourselves, or any other concerns we have. Come back often and tell us something about yourself and your life too ...

Well, we only had some :sunny: for the AM and then some clouds rolled in but the temps still stayed fairly warm +9C anyways. The sun did come back late afternoon; and they say it is supposed to be sunny again for another couple of days this week ... yeah! :carrot:

THANKS, LAURIE ~ have a great time!

Had another on plan day; did really well again, and NO JUNKIES so far this month. I'm trying for record for the month of March; RONNIE is trying to match me -- so far so good! Time to make my evening tea; put my feet up, and do some reading for the day.

Take good care; ^Prayers^ are ascending for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

Oh 2 be me 03-11-2010 11:22 AM

Morning all.
We are in for some rain the rest of the week, thankfully no snow.
I'm just taking a minute to tell some good news. I've gotten a part time job at a Christian bookstore!! right now, it'sonly like 4 hrs a week, I'm training to do the cards and register. The guy that does the inventory is trying for the asst manager, if/when he takes that I'll be doign the inventory!! Such a blessing! I'm praying it happens. M-F, and it won't interfer with the Bible study that I"m helping with at church-our first meeting is next Monday.

I've been making better choices, had some major motivation when I went shopping yesterday. Ugh!! Nothing like seeing a blob of fluff hanging out on your back.

Ya'll have a blessed day

lolajean624 03-11-2010 03:34 PM

We had quite a blessing today! My hubby drives about 45 miles to and from work every day and we have had ridiculous weather her in NE this winter with no real trouble for him. It's been nicer the last week, but this morning it was a mixture of rain and snow. He did a 360 on the interstate going 70 MPH. He wound up across three lanes and in the ditch.Thank the Lord, it was so early there was very little traffic and that he was at a spot where the ditch was relatively level. Pretty scary to get a call at 4:45 AM with him saying, "Honey! I just went in the ditch! Come and get me. It's a miracle he wasn't hurt and that the car wasn't damaged. God was definitely watching over him!!

colormerd47 03-11-2010 03:54 PM

Hello my friends,

It has been way too long since I poked my head to spend time with all of you. I have not been around much, but please you all are always in my heart and I have not forgotten a single one of you. Missed you all bunches.

I see everything is well, but of course it would be, God is in control!!!!

Belated Happy Birthday Gary, happy you read that you had a great one.

Rosebud, you have not changed on bit and that's a good thing!!!!

Counting, have missed you bunches as so many of you.

My life has been well and the Lord is touching my children. Ashlan, Gary, (you know her as Cakebatter) has started going to church and trusting in the Lord, and yes she is still running and oh my, The Lord has cleaned up her mouth, that child could cuss like a sailor, but so did I before I knew the Lord personally. Morgan, well let's just say Morgan is still Morgan, making slow, really slow changes but changes still the same. She is pregnant again, this time a little girl that is due in June. Her name will be Mckenzie Nevaeh Middleton, (Nevaeh is Heaven spelled backwards). I think it is pretty cool as it has a special meaning having to do with the Lord. Morgan has also gotten a job a the City Accessor's Office, thank you God for that. Jordan is now working at a store in the mall, just glad she is working anywhere. I am trusting in God with her drinking, she is still so young, only 22, but I have given she and Morgan over to the Lord cause He knows best and does not need my help. See I have been learning since I have been away. Please keep us all in prayer and I will get back to see you all soon.

Hugs love and blessings,
Make every moment counts,
Aggie

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-11-2010 08:49 PM

HI AGGIE ~ so nice to see you drop by again; I just recently saw you in another UPLIFTING thread in another forum. I am so glad to hear that there has been some improvements for your girls; yes, they are in our prayers for sure, as are you ... :hug:

LOLAJEAN ~ PTL, indeedy ... praise Him for looking out for your DH on the way to work; glad the car is OK too, but it's your DH that matters the most! :D

PATTY H ~ PTL ... so many blessings recently! That is so awesome to get a job in Christian book store; I love reading and I would have loved to work in a bookstore when I was working in the past, especially a Christian one.

We had another lovely :sunny: day today, with some winds but the temps were in the high 50's F and that is amazing for here. Everyone is thrilled with the warmer temps; and I saw many people out walking their kiddies today, which is nice to see.

Take good care all, and do have a Fantabulous Friday tomorrow -- ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

colormerd47 03-11-2010 08:55 PM

Rosebud,
If you ever have the time, please come a stop in my Positive Thread, I had no idea when I started it that it would grow has much as it has. I have met so many people and they actually say that I have helped them and inspire them. Little old me, I guess is using me in lots of ways. I do love touching folks lives and making a differnece and I get to talk about the Lord.

My good news for tonight is I released another 2.8 pounds for a total of 38.8, slowly but surely I am getting there. All I can say is thank you Lord.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. Will see you all again soon.

Hugs love and blessings,
Aggie

PS Have any of you heard from Rayne?? I think of her often.

EZMONEY 03-11-2010 09:33 PM

Hi GALS ~ I have read your posts and have sent prayers and thanksgiving...be back soon...

ronni62 03-12-2010 08:18 AM

Lolajean-Welcome and praise God that your DH came through the skid ok! This time of year with the sometimes icy mix precip is really a difficult time for anyone having to drive regularly, isn't it? We've been having lots of fog because of the still-over-a-foot-deep snow pack, but also had a thunderstorm in the middle of the night the other night. Just can't wait for all this dirty snow to go!

Rosebud-I think you're doing much better than I am this month, but I did get back on track this week. Keep up the great work!

Aggie-nice to see you back! And, glad you've seen progress in your girls (and yourself, too-letting go of our need to try to control is the hardest issue we all face:hug:).

Hello and hugs to everyone else too! It's been a busy week here, as usual. I've ended up with a sinus infection and fluid behind an eardrum, so not feeling the best. The weather doesn't help either-all the fog makes it seem like we're living in a perpetual horror movie-gloom, doom, and wondering what's gonna pop out at you, especially while driving:fr:

DH's mom is finally having the mastectomy on Monday, so prayers would be appreciated for that. Then, she will start hormone therapy to keep the cancers from coming back. We'll probably all be going up, as next week's spring break, so don't have to worry about the school schedule. Not what we had planned, but I guess we do what we have to do. We're still unsure if my dad is going to live with my sister or not. She's not as reliable as I would like (even though she is Christian) and they're now talking seriously about moving to Phoenix (they now live in the Chicago area). Dad will absolutely not go to Phoenix, so not sure what they expect him to do? We'll just keep looking for a house that would allow him to move in with us, but he doesn't want to see mom and she lives just a few miles from us. My life is like a bad soap opera sometimes-lol!

Prayers for all continuing. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend:D

wilma12 03-12-2010 08:56 AM

Hello Everyone! I'm still around. I just haven't been on here lately. I've had a lot going on in my life. I will read the posts and send up prayers!!

We found out this week that a good friend has terminal cancer. It just throws you for a loop when you get news like that. He has a wife and 3 daughters that he's really close to. Please pray for all of them.

I went to my DR yesterday and she isn't happy with how my BP is doing so she's put me on medication. BUMMER! I am trying to exercise more and eat better so that it'll come down again. It's such a struggle.

Not much else is happening around here. Sorry to be such a downer. I know that God is here and that he cares about each one of us. He is showing my friend such comfort right now and it's neat to see the strength they convey despite what they are going through.

I hope you all have a good weekend!

ronni62 03-12-2010 02:16 PM

Wilma-glad to see you again! Will be praying for your friend and his family, as well as for your BP. :hug: for you

bargoo 03-12-2010 04:01 PM

ronni, praying for your MIL , and also for the situation with your dad. God can make a way !