Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ February

You've found a great place to come and vent, share, or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring, and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

WE ACCEPT ALL NEW MEMBERS HERE!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 02-01-2010 at 07:49 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Real quick for now...

got a text from my brother a few hours ago...his wife had the surgery....didn't need stents...weak heart...

not sure what all that means but still asking for prayers for Sue....
Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #3  

Put my post in the wrong place so here it is again.
Hi all. I am just now losing a little winter weight, probably since my Dh has gotten on the band wagon since he has been seeing a cardiologist for atrial fibrillation. he has lost 16lb in less than a month. He is a veterinarian and very active. Weight just falls off him when he puts him mind to it and now he has a better reason to keep it off. I am happy for him but it has always been discouraging for me because he loses so easily. I have lost about 40lb in the last 2 yr. but have a hard time in the winter when I am less active. (no garden) I'll be praying for Sue.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GARY ~ prayers still going up for SUE and her family ...

CAROL ~ I can so relate; my DH is only 130 lbs and that's with his clothes and slippers on. He struggles to keep his weight up there, but he walks and walks and walks a lot; as he has a hobby that involves a lot of walking. He even walks in our house, becuz he's a pacer ... drives me bonkers sometimes when he goes back and forth, back and forth; but I know that is partly why he is so slim. I told him recently that I'm gonna start following him around, but I couldn't all the time or I'd likely collapse ...

Well, I'll start off and follow him around here. OUr neighbour is playing his drums again; bong, bong, bong .... DH is not impressed at all. I think he was sleeping ... he WAS that is ... gonna distract him by getting him to put the kettle on for tea.

I did get some walking in today; we went up town to pay some bills and get the rest of the stuff we couldn't get on the weekend. It's -20C here right now ... Bought myself a queen-sized Plush fleece blanket today; oh, so cozy and soft and warm -- just what we need right now!

Have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Carol & Rosebud I have heard that men just naturally loose faster than women. I know if my husband wanted to he could of already lost 50 pounds but he does not want too.
Gary praying for Sue and her family. Going to bed just not feeling up to par today or tonight.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

Thank you for the prayers...have posted an update in Prayer Warriors.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #7  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ We are being blessed with some this afternoon and it is warming things up for us. Our birdies came by to eat this AM -- poor dears need all they get with this cold. I crumbled up some whole wheat crackers for them and the starlings just love that. We have had more sparrows lately too, as February and March are our coldest months, so we up the food for them during these months. We have lots of doves coming right now too; and DH is now a confirmed bird-watcher and feeder. He gets up at the crack of dawn and puts NIKO out and feed the birdies right away ...

Just wanted you to know that my sister, NUMPSTER, and her DH are moving into their new home/B & B this past week. They are probably in there now; I sent her some inquiries, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm sure they are very busy and very tired right now. It is such a beautiful place and I know they are so very excited. Their kids are helping them; and they hired some xtra help too.

Hope you all are having a good day; take good care and ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... Rosebud
Old 02-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #8  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! I've not been able to post lately, as I just run out of time by the time I read and pray and check out what everyone's doing. It's been a struggle the last couple weeks. Did I share that my DH's mom has breast cancer. Surgery in on the 15th, then they don't know if it'll be chemo, radiation, or both, depends on whether they find lymph node involvement, I guess.

We're having DS3 evaluated for asperger's syndrome, but, in the meantime, need prayers for the boys in his youth group who simply won't accept him as part of the group. He was physically attacked after the meeting last night when a couple of them didn't want to let him play basketball with the whole group. Unfortunately, one of the problem kids is the head pastor's son and I'm now thinking about finding a new church. 1 Timothy 3 says a lot and, apparently, no one is talking to this pastor about his child's behavior (we're not the only ones who've had problems). Don't know what to do, I guess. The boys want to stay, even DS3. He just keeps thinking they'll start to like him and let him join in. The youth pastor is putting an end to the open gym time with no adult supervision, though, so that may help some of the issues, if the kids finally figure out that bad behavior means loss of privileges. Like I said, I just don't know what to do....

Too many things to think about right now, but hopefully our court case will be settled tomorrow and we'll be able to pay off bills related to all our medical & other expenses from the car crash 4 years ago. I was remembering earlier this week that I had actually started losing weight before the incident happened, then, with all the pain and stuff, I started self-medicating with food and gained everything back and even more. Very depressing-I bet the courts don't make awards based on weight gain due to stress

Well, thanks for listening, friends. Needed to be able to talk about some of that, as there's no one here I feel comfortable sharing some of those things with. Take care and God bless you all!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Prayers RONNI and hugs!

and ROSEBUD....glad to hear NUMPSTER has finally! got there!!!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 02-04-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #10  
Rosebud

RONNIE ~ boy, you have been having a tuff time for sure; poor you! You must be doing something really well; becuz you are being so tested girl! BUT, I know, we know -- that you will come out on the UP side of all of this; for ... all things work out for good to those who love Him (Jesus) ... Romans 8:28! It's time for a really big blessing to come your way!

Prayers going up for your DS3 and that youth group situation; I understand that he hopes that they will eventually accept him (this is normal). They should have always been supervised -- don't know what they were thinking leaving a bunch of young males alone to their own devices. Have they never read "Lord of the Flies" ? ...

GARY ~ yes, we are so glad that they are finally realizing this dream; they have had their share of ups & downs too, so we are so happy for them. This place will be such a blessing for many people, esp His children, but they have their work cut out for them; it is a business too after all, and with my Dad and SM there to help them, I am sure they will do just fine ...

We had a busy day; went out to runs some errands, pay a few bills and pick up some things we needed like dog food and bird seed. We had to make a couple of detours, but I got a lot of walking in, so am taking it easy tonight for sure. We had fish for dinner tonight; quick and easy.

Hope you all have a fantabulous Friday tomorrow -- ^PRAYERS^ are going up for you and yours daily ...
Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #11  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Prayers ascending for Sue!

Carol - I like Exercisetv.tv and workout videos in the winter. I picked up quite a few on half.com - and a lot of libraries have them to check out for free And, of course my walking poles to keep me from slipping when I walk outside.

Ronnie - prayers ascending for your boys AND the young men at church.

Rosebud - glad you are able to get in some walking this time of year. Prayers continuing for your legs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a good week! Still working insane hours, and my church responsibilities haven't slowed down - only increased. I'm not home much, except to sleep as of late.

I'm looking forward to visiting DS1 next week. We will get to celebrate his birthday with him (only a couple days late) for the first time since he left home.

Gary - order some nice California SUNSHINE for our trip, if you can - I'm so sick of snow and cold

Well, I'm off to put together the media presentations for Sunday. If the saying is true about idle hands, I'm in no danger at this point

Prayers continuing for all!

Blessings,

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, how is your sister ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/190/140

Height: 5ft

hello i am new to the site and very happy to find christian encouragers....
ingrid55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #14  
Rosebud

INGRID ~ Glad you found our special Christian thread! This is a very supportive place; and there are lots of great people here too. Come back and tell us a bit about yourself and your life ...
Old 02-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Welcome Ingrid!! Glad you have joined us!

Rosebud so happy for your Numpster and her husband! Gary I to am wondering how your sister is doing handling the treatments. Was there someone on here that is doing Dr. Gott's No Flour and No Sugar Diet. I found that book today at the resale shop and I think that could be a diet I live with. I have already made the Granola Cereal and it taste good without the milk, though I changed some of the ingredients, I used no sugar Pancake syrup and used raisins, prunes instead of pecans and coconut. I could not find my little dab of pecans I had left and the coconut was sweetened that I have so that was out. I am going to make another base & leave the raisins and prunes out, to use on top of fruit and make a peach crisp cobbler. Also I think it would be good to use in a meatloaf. I am going to do a-lot of experiments with this base .
I did find a cereal today with No flour and I did get it but it had 1 G of sugar but I believe it was natural sugar , which is alright.

How are all of you doing in our journey in becoming more healthy? I went up to 208 during my cookie and dessert baking but I went down as soon as I got back on my diet to 195 which I was well pleased and I hope this new diet helps . It talks about just loosing 2 pounds a week , well that would truly make me happy the way time seems to fly by! I am not doing to good on the exercise part doing all this book keeping , ugh! I hate bookkeeping would rather be in the garden or working with the animals, hauling wood or cleaning up outside, even washing windows! I don't see no end to it though. I hope tomorrow I can get outside and do my thing. I am staying up tonight and need to get in there and start on cleaning this house up so I guess this is good night .
Ronnie you hang in there girl and I will pray for you and your family.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote