3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ February (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/192984-christian-encouragers-%7E-february.html)

ronni62 02-26-2010 04:03 PM

Bootsie-sorry to hear about your friend passing:hug: So funny about the snow and your pets! Every year, at the first snow, our dog acts like she's never seen it before, but she just loves chasing and trying to catch snowballs-she just can't figure out where they go when they land in the snowy yard:dizzy:

Rosebud-glad you've been getting some sun there too-it's been very nice,but cold here, but so nice to see the sun when we open the blinds! Maybe spring isn't so far off. March 20th is within sight, but we all know that March usually brings more snow to those of us in these northern areas.

Well, we decided to take the afternoon off today and just watch curling on the Olympics (I did sneakily teach the kids some sports history while we were watching, but don't tell them that;)). I'd love to just be able to go somewhere right now, but will wait and maybe plan a trip to see my dad mid-March. My eating is terrible and I've gained a couple pounds, so I'm ticked at myself, but not gonna beat myself up about it, as I'm having some MS issues again and haven't been able to sleep well because of numbness and tingling, along with a migraine for 2 days now. But, good news, we did get our settlement from the car "accident" so I'll be able to pay off bills:carrot:!

Oh, and more good news! DS2 is ecstatic-the college he wants to go to has offered him a partial football scholarship! He's always felt led to this college (it's a small, Christian college) and it looks like he's going to end up with scholarships to pay for almost all of the fees-God is truly blessing him (& us) and I feel there are good things ahead for him. It'll be so hard to have him go away to school, but I also think it may be good for DS3 to have us to himself for awhile, too.

Well, hoping and praying all of you have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

LizR 02-27-2010 09:01 AM

Ronni - Congrats to your son. Mine are little but I can imagine how tough it is when it is time for them to fly from the nest. Sounds like he is going to do great though!

Here is a wonderful story from my son who is 14m old. I have an album of sing-a-long Sunday school music I play while we ride in the car. During one of the songs my son repeated "God" to the music!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Bootsie 02-27-2010 07:32 PM

Thank You all, I will miss Maxine.
Ronni what a blessing for your son and you! WOW! Oh yes i loved the snow but ya know I really don't know how y'all can stand it for more than two or three days. I really don't. But it was fun while it lasted. Well best go got a hot date with my old man , taking me out to eat tonight! Have a wonderful new week to all!

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-28-2010 08:40 PM

We had beautiful :sunny: all day yesterday and for a good part of today. I spent the afternoon talking to my sister, NUMPSTER, while our dinner of chicken and roasted veggies were baking in the oven. I also baked some apples and blueberries at the same time; I really like how they taste together: their flavors actually compliment each other.

HEY BOOTSIE ~ that's cute about your hot date with your DH; and him taking you out for dinner last night: hope you had a great time. I love the pics in your avatar of your animal menagerie; those chickens kinda look like banty roosters to me, or something close to them, or a cross maybe ... but whatever kind they are, they are really nice looking, aren't they?

LIZR ~ that is so nice to see the little ones praising GOD so young: "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength ..." Psalm 8:2

HI RONNIE ~ prayin' for those headaches to go away; and for your MIL, your DAD, and you and your family. Praise GOD for his many blessings and answers to prayer ... :hug:

I made a big mistake by eating some nachos on Friday night and the salt caused me to swell up terribly and I was very sick last night. I had to take some meds and go to bed for the whole evening; but I was up and down to the LR over a dozen times ... so it's NO MORE JUNKIES for me! My body cannot handle the salt, but at least I am glad that I know what was causing the problem now, so I thank GOD for that.

I had already started to replace salt with spices and herbs, so I guess when I ate that very salty stuff, my body really reacted to it. They say process of elimination works; and it did for me. Hope all the rest of our encouragers had a wonderful weekend, and have a nice week coming up as well ...

Do take care of yourselves; and prayers continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY 02-28-2010 10:10 PM

HI GALS ~ :)

Well gals I had a pretty easy birthday week-end. My daughter came up yesterday and we went and gave blood then I came home and did some chores and hung out with Angie.

My son/dil and daughter/sil, nephew and my sister and one of my nieces joined us for church then the kids took me to my favorite Mexican joint for dinner.

This morning Angie and I walked the dogs along the beach for 4 miles then had breakfast at the cafe. Boy the waves were big! Prayers for Chile :(

My sister is doing pretty well....in spirit...she is tired and sore from radiation but doing well as she can. My sister in law is doing better today, they think the infection is under control. I will know more on that tomorrow.

What a great game between the USA and Canada today :carrot: I wish We ;) won but I know how important it was to Canada.

Have a great week LADIES and congrats to all of your good news and prayers for those requested :hug:

bargoo 03-04-2010 09:20 PM

Sabrina, prayers going up for your requests.

kbajak 03-17-2010 05:40 PM

Hi everyone, new here and am glad to find Christian Encouragers. I am looking forward to following everyone. I am trying Weigh Down, but am struggling. Anyone here on Weigh Down?

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-17-2010 05:47 PM

HI K ~ this is the old February CE'ers thread; we'd love to have you join us in the new MARCH thread -- pop over there and introduce yourself again. When you are new, it is ez to get confused with all these different threads. We'd love to have you join us there ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-17-2010 05:50 PM

CLOSED!!!!

This is the old February thread, please join us over in the new MARCH thread ... thanks!