Old 11-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Sure hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I had my two brothers, my sister and her family and my aunt over. Had lots of food but I sent most of the leftovers home with everyone. I did keep some turkey breast.. Love it!

Rosebud, sorry to hear about your car again. I will pray that it is an easy fix.

Have a great night.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:28 AM   #137  
Be happy.

Good Morning Karen!
I'm so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm like you - most of the leftovers are heading south with my son and my parents today. My daughter is staying through Tuesday but thankfully she prefers things like fruit smoothies to pies and cookies.

How's the treadmill working? Was your husband able to get the track balanced again?
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #138  

Good Morning! Yes, it was so nice to have the family all together. Did miss my Dad a whole lot throughout the day but I know he was smiling when he saw all 4 of his kids laughing and having a good time together. My sister even helped me with the dishes! I was hoping that things that would get back to normal in time.

Heidi, Yes Tim did get the treadmill all ready to go. It is really nice. Now I intend to set aside at least an hour a day to go to my "woman cave" and do whatever looks like the most interesting for the day, or a combination of all! Just got to get that first day under my belt and I'll be on my way!

Have a great day... Not going out to tackle any sales today!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #139  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Well yesterday wasn't a disaster on the eating but not great either. I had way too many little wieners wrapped in bacon, guac and chips and cheese wrapped in meat! Dinner was just one plate of turkey, mashed and sweet potatoes, ham, a roll and some awesome green beans my son in law made. No dessert

We picked our two Marines up at the base at 8am then took them to breakfast. I had a mushroom and spinach omelette. We came home and visited, boy did they love our dogs and vice-versa! I thought they might sneak them back to their base...had to bribe them with the autographed Charger Girl calendars my DIL gave me to give to them

We headed over to church about 11am, the boys hung out with the other 20 or so Marines that were brought by other members of our church. They got to play foosball, video and pinball games we have in the youth room, plus the huge TV.

We all had a great time...me especially our Pastor's grandson was there...Pastor is 70 and still does great but can use a break when it comes to watching a 13 month old The kiddo's parents and grandma were working in the kitchen so I was the lucky one to co-babysit. The kid can throw a football...little one...thank goodness I had a 9 yr old little girl I know well willing and able to run and get it

We brought them back to the house for a few hours before we took them back to base. They sat around and watched that Happy Feet cartoon....and some bike show....Angie and I visited with them but also gave them some space to just rest and nod-off. They told us they had a great time, way better than they thought they would when they signed up for it.

I have peeled almost 30 pounds of potatoes for my scalloped potato dish for church, here and another Thanksgiving we will have tomorrow at my brothers house, where my entire family will show up. MY kids, dil and sil came down to church to hang out some with the Marines and us but went to my ex wife's house to celebrate her birthday and Thanksgiving.

Angie is up at her mom's now until tomorrow night. I had to send her a picture of one of our dogs with her gardenia bush in her mouth...she pulled the whole thing out of the pot outside... She has always pulled flowers off of it but now the entire plant!

I am refusing to weigh myself until I get some miles in!...Nah...I weighed in this morning at 187 so there is hope...small hope but hope. I did get 2 miles in today, the groin pain felt good enough to try again...so far so good..just a little discomfort.

Well I will catch up with some personals later...

glad we are back in business here!

be good
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:06 AM   #140  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Sounds like you all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day with your families; your are all blessed to have them so close to you. And we are thankful to the techie fairies who have been working hard getting this site fixed again. I was able to come by earlier and read but only now was I able to post.

KAREN ~ thanks for the prayers; like we thought, the gear fuse was blown and DH's eye-sight just wasn't good enuff to see it. He ended up calling the mechanic over so he will have to pay for the house call. At dinnertime he went to pick us up something to eat and noticed on the way back that his parking lights weren't working ; so tomorrow, he will have to check and see if another fuse if gone. I told him that I don't want him hooking that trailer up to our car anymore, as it is more trouble than it is worth.

Anyways, hope he will solve that tomorrow; I told him I will come out and look at the fuses for him if his eyesight isn't good enuff as I could see the fuse was burnt right away when he brought it into the house to show me. Even with his glasses on, he still couldn't see it.

I have just been resting and relaxing at home today, doing our usual daily chores and meals. Had a fun dinner tonight but still stayed within my daily allotment. We awoke to 4 inches of the white stuff ***** this AM, but it looks so nice and Christmasy on the trees; I am glad that it snowed finally as Christmas wouldn't be the same without the snow here. One of our neighbours is already putting his lovely blue penny lights on in the evening for the last couple of nights.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend; getting lots of rest after your busy holiday week. Take good care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-28-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #141  
Rosebud

A GOOD NEWS UPDATE ~ just wanted to let all my friends here know that our car is working OK again; it was a fuse -- only DH had taken it out and put it back in the wrong place, which caused the problem. I am so glad that is over, as he gets way too stressed out over such little matters; but all is calm now, so thanks for your faithful prayers.

Also, I wanted to share with you all that my leg is really starting to heal up much better now; these types of things take a long while but I think we are finally seeing a victory here. PTL! I have been saying prayers over my leg and repeating the command of Elijah in the valley of the bones -- by telling my leg to heal in the name of JESUS!!!

Hope you all are having a peaceful and relaxing weekend ... ROSEBUD
Old 11-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #142  
Be happy.

I'm so glad to read this Rosebud!
God is good!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #143  

I thought that this was pretty funny! I got it in an email and I have shared it on a couple different threads..It just really made me laugh!

ADVICE FROM A RETIRED HUSBAND

It is important for men to remember that as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are over sensitive, and there's nothing worse than an over sensitive woman.

My name is Ron. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Carol Anne. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Carol Anne to get a full time job, along with her part time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age.

I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her.. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Grill at the Club, so eating out is not reasonable. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door.

She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner. I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.

Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. But, boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way, she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean).. I like to think tact is one of my strong points.

When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the yard. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice big cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Carol Anne. I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Ron died suddenly on 31 January of a perforated rectum.

The Police report says he was found with a Calloway extra long 50 inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear, with barely 5 inches of grip showing, and a sledge hammer laying nearby.

His wife Carol Anne was arrested and charged with murder. The all woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her not guilty, accepting her defence that Ron, somehow without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #144  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - just a quick fly-in. We are back home and had a wonderful visit with family in TN.

Snow here in Northern MI. I'm trying to get caught up with everything, including 3FC. Prayers continuing for all - welcome to Heidi.

It looks like almost everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!

It is good to be back with all of you!

I will catch up soon - hopefully tomorrow.

Prayers ascending!
Laurie :scooter
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #145  
Rosebud

THANKS, KAREN ~ that is funny! I was already imagining bonking Ron on the head with a virtual golf club after the first paragraph!

HI LAURIE ~ nice to see you back; glad you had a good time with your family ...

HEIDI ~ yes, it has been a long process; sure must trust and have faith in the Lord, but kept the prayers going; and worked very hard to eat and live a healthier lifestyle too.

Hope you all are having a peaceful and blessed Sunday! ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-29-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #146  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

hi, everyone! Hope you have all had a great Thanksgiving weekend! I've missed you, but have been so busy there was no time for me to come on here, so I'll have to catch up later. Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you all and keeping you in my prayers. We had my step-son (DS1) and his wife and 4 kids for Thanksgiving and they ended up staying until yesterday afternoon, then football banquet this afternoon too-I'm just pooped!

We're also having keyboard problems, so getting the computer to work has been iffy-not sure what the problem is, but hoping to figure it out quickly.

Take care and have a good evening and easy Monday, too!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:12 AM   #147  
Be happy.

Good morning

Life is getting back to normal around here. My daughter doesn't leave until tomorrow but I'm back to work. My husband is home, so they'll have a little father daughter time today.

I'm up to my ears in church stuff this week, with Christmas right around the corner there's so much to do. We've got a float in the town parade to finish up before the weekend and a Kids' Christmas party on Sunday afternoon, plus all the regular holiday things... It's good though, I like to be busy.

Have a blessed Monday friends! *hug*
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #148  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ had a nice restful weekend at home, keeping warm inside; had a bit of ***** on and off, but not too much. Did a bit of reading and answering mail and such just for fun. Last week, I read a book called "The Christmas Shoes"; then on the weekend, I finished off a book about Angels (called Angels at my Door,) which was fun to read about different people's encounters with Angels.

Now I am reading a nice story called "The Christmas Promise" by Thomas Kinkade: and it seems to be the positive Christmas story I was looking for, and I am enjoying it thoroughly so far ....

We had a busy day shopping today; walked my feet off and had to put them up to rest when we got home. We had a nice early dinner of spit BBQ chicken with a few tators and coleslaw (but don't worry, stayed within my daily alottment) and that was nice.

This week, I hope to do my housechores and laundry, catch up on mending; get all my Christmas cards and gifts done and sent out; write some letters; put up indoor wall decos; and put up our big red bows on the front deck tomorrow (we almost forgot them).

Our flock of ROCK DOVES has grown to about 25 over the last while; I don't know if they will stay all winter or not. They come by several times over the day, with a few that stick around quite regular and stare into our kitchen window: it is fun to watch them watch us though ... They are so friendly that they aren't afraid of DH or our NIKO either (DH thinks they know that he is tied up and can't reach them).

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A TERRIFIC TUESDAY TOMORROW ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-30-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:18 AM   #149  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!

How are you guys?

Sorry it has been so long.

I feel I am going through a 'dry period' in my spiritual life lately. I feel like I need God so much right now, but I don't feel as connected as I usually do. What things (aside from prayer) make you guys feel more connected to God? I find there are certain hymns that make me feel closer, and Christmas makes me feel so much love and pride for Jesus.

God bless all.
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #150  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I have started December's Thread ~ Go here...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fait...ml#post3030242
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote