Old 11-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 284.6/283.2/165

Height: 5'9

Heidi, scripture says when we suffer the most, that is when we are closest to GOD.

I pray for you and your family.

God bless.
mtloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #92  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

^PRAYERS^ goin' up for both your Dad and your mom; and you and all your family at this time ...

PS ~ I also would appreciate continued prayers for the skin on my right calf; I had a scab but it isn't healing from underneath like it should. So I am soaking my leg right now in hopes that eventually my leg will heal as it should. I am working hard to keep my sugars in the normal range and taking water pills now to get the water out in hopes that it will heal up. Thanks so much ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-22-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #93  
Be happy.

Thank you for the prayers for my parents.

I talked to my Dad on the phone last night, and he had some great news. He's starting radiation on Monday. Last week they'd decided to just keep him comfortable and manage his pain because the tumors in his lungs were not responding to the chemo. I'm not sure how/why this change came about but when he was getting the IV to boost his immune system yesterday they told him they thought he should try radiation and helped him get the first appointment set up. I'm not sure how much difference the radiation will make physically, but both of my parents were in a much better place mentally last night. They know the end is coming soon, but they hated giving up the fight.

Rosebud, I'll be in prayer about the sore on your leg.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #94  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Good news of hope Heidi!

Continued prayers for Rosebud's leg and all other concerns for all.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #95  
Rosebud

HEIDI ~ I am so glad to hear that becuz I was thinking about that when I was praying for your Dad last night ... why aren't they trying radiation which can be very good at shrinking tumors? Very happy to hear this; and will pray for him for comfort during and after his treatments also.

GOOD NEWS UPDATE ~ just wanted to let you all know that after I soaked my leg last night, the scab came off; and we were pleasantly surprised that it looks better than it has before, so it is healing: but if you know anything about skin ulcers, they do take a very, very long time to heal. My friend had one that took over 2 years to heal. Thank you all so much for your prayers ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-24-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Heidi, praying for both your Mom and Dad. Praying that the radiation will be successful for your dad and praying for less stress and worry for your Mom.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #97  
Rosebud

^PRAYERS^ going up for you too, BARGOO; and for ANNIE, and Ronni's DAD, and for GARY, and for all the others on our PW's list ...
Old 11-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #98  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hello PWs, here for an update. Sounds like there are some wonderful happnings and I am so happy for you all. DH's business is still bombing but I do count our blessings daily. That definitely diffuses the panic.

thanks again for keeping us in your prayers.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #99  
Rosebud

HI KITTYCAT ~ I'm sorry to hear that your DH's business is "BOMBING" as you put it, but it isn't becuz we didn't pray ... becuz we did. I don't know what kind of business he is in, but with the US economy floundering the way it is right now, some businesses are really slowing down, and some are being closed down altogether.

That isn't becuz they are bad businesses, but when things get tuff, people change their priorities and make huge cut-backs: here they stop taking taxis and walk, buy only sales, cut out luxeries, and cut down to basic necessities only. So that hurts any businesses that offer things that aren't absolutely necessary, ie people cancel plans for trips; or repairs on their houses or planned additions; or that newer car or body repairs, and so on ... and there is a huge ripple effect as well.

Last night someone asked me to pray for a new architectural intern to get a full-time job in a field that has almost screeched to a halt; I thought ... eeks, I hope he is willing to start with only part-time or as a dishwasher becuz that may be all that is available right now until the economy gets better; and I was thinking -- gee, I wouldn't have chosen that career when the economy is so bad ... and that goes for the art field and marketing too.

This year, if people have to choose between a piece of jewelry or food, they will choose the food and forget the gifts. If they have to choose between heating their house or buying some new high-tech gadget, the heat comes first; if they have to choose between gas for the car or new clothes, the gas to get to work is more important. Some people I know are cancelling cable subscriptions or selling off extra belongings at this time to buy gifts for their kids; you see it all over the classifieds.

Sorry ... didn't mean to get on a soapbox here, but I am praying that your DH will find some kind of work ... any work -- just in case his business has to take a hiatis for awhile, just until the economy recovers.

I have been giving a lot of financial advice lately to people who are really struggling; and I am encouraged by those who are willing to try new things and reprioritize their lives, for now. We've all had to do this sometime in our life, but by Faith, you can weather this time out, and even start over, if needs be. Sometimes, this calls for a lot of courage and trust in the Lord, but it can be done.

^PRAYERS^ are continuing for you and your DH; and your $$$ situation ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-28-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #100  
Be happy.

Kittycat, I'm sorry your husband's business is struggling. It sounds like you're able to keep things in perspective though, counting your blessings rather than fretting and complaining. I'll be praying that God continues to send plenty of blessings your way.

I have a prayer request tonight, my friend and colleague Linda died unexpectedly last night. She was undergoing cancer treatment, but this was unexpected, a heart attack or something. Please pray for her husband and children and her siblings and many friends. She was a truly nice lady and is going to be missed very much. Thanks.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #101  
Rosebud

HEIDI ~ have sent up some prayers for Linda's DH, children, all her family, and all her loving friends like you, during this time ....

We had a similar thing happen last Christmas; our friend (same name too) had cancer, finished her treatments, saw her at Christmas, was doing great, looked great, well and happy; then she suddenly died a few days after new years; it was so strange. Anyways, we saw her husband today, and he is doing much better now, and looked very well, and we are praising GOD for that too.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #102  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Rosebud, he is 50 and stubborn. I am pushing for a total change but he is unwilling. He would be an outstanding teacher but he will not consider it. In fact he is insulted that I want him to change. He takes that to mean I don't have faith in him.
I am a pragmatist. He is a dreamer as well as being averse to risk taking. My prayers are for him to either catch that "break" or move on to something else.

ETA I will send prayers for Linda and family and you Heidi and your mom and Gary and your sister and you Bargoo and ROsebud's leg and Ronnie's dad. ANd for my SIL and FIL to speak to each other after one year of living 5 minutes from each other and not speaking.

Last edited by kittycat40; 11-30-2009 at 09:27 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Heidi, Sending lots of prayers for your friend and her family. AND for YOU! You sound like you are a very special friend and I am glad that we get to know you here.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #104  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I check in here daily...

I spent some time with my sister this past week-end...it was her "off chemo" week...she was in good spirits. Prayers for all your requests.

KITTYCAT continued prayers for your DH as you both take this journey...it isn't easy becoming a teacher these days and getting a job either...so many are trying and so many are being laid off.

ROSEBUD I remember your friend! Praise God for her husband's healing.

HEIDI prayers for Linda's family. I often worry for my sister as she has lupus also so I/we/family worry that anytime the treatments for cancer could weaken/take her.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #105  
Rosebud

GARY ~ am praying for ANNIE for extra strength in her body during this time too. Yes, we talked to Linda's DH today and he is doing very well, and moving ahead with his life; they both were believers and they had a lot of support and I think that has helped him quite a bit ...