Old 11-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Prayers going out for Tom and Denise...I hope they find support and comfort from all around them.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #77  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Prayers for all ascending!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #78  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for those requesting here and elsewhere on the site.

My sister spent most of the day with me. She showed me her bald head... I showed her my scars that, along with my belly button, makes it look like and upside down happy face on me!

Evidently she is not having radiation treatments just yet. I asked her today when they were to start and she said after chemo in Feb. I said I thought you said they were stopping chemo...going to radiation...then back to chemo...she said, I did...I misunderstood. So back to chemo to Feb then 6 weeks of radiation, 5 days a week. With her lupus and immune system low as it is this can't be good

But I tell you what...she is up...moving...visiting me (thank you Grandma Joy for dropping her off) and looking forward to tomorrow...

PRAISE GOD!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, it is good your sister is able to stop by and see you. I will let her use my motto" I just suit up and show up" .That is my standard answer when someone says "How are you? "
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #80  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I have mentioned that to her BARGOO...I sure wish she could use the computer in her house to "talk" to you!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I would love to meet your sister. I have a friend I have never met in Fresno, a mutual friend introduced us over the phone. We have the exact same diagnosis and our oncologists are prescribing the exact form of treatment. We talk on the phone once in awhile. It is good to have someone in the same boat , sitting in a different seat but in the same boat.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #82  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

BARGOO...maybe one day when she comes to visit I can assist her "chatting" with you here....then if it grows...well God Bless!

She does have a lot of questions...as I am sure you can guess.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #83  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

PRAYER UPDATES ~

Angie met the doctor yesterday to get the results of her tests a few weeks ago...she is A-OK...no problems....the redness they took biopsies of was nothing. Great for the colonoscopy end but down the front it looks like she just has acid reflux and will continue to live with it as she always has.

My daughter in law is getting along OK with her cast...plenty of high school boys are willing to "help" her...wink She called me yesterday and said her finger and wrist hurt but it was bearable.

I am still "sore" but feel great otherwise. So good to be able to get up and down so I don't hurt ALL OVER!

Praise God for His many blessings!

Continued prayers for ~ Tom and Denise ~ Family of Rosebud's DH Priest ~ Bargoo and all requested!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:48 PM   #84  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS for the prayers about Father Dennis; I put a post about the funeral in the CE's thread -- needless to say he was much loved (and only 52 y/y) by all his present and former students (as he was also a teacher); and of course by his family, friends, and many parishioners over his liftetime. DH was still upset this evening when he showed me the beautiful picture bookmark a local photographer made of him with the church he preached in and the school he taught in ... so very nice of them.

I kept reinforcing these scriptures to DH, which helped him feel much better today -- Isaiah 57: 1 & 2 and verses 18 & 19, reminding him that Father was no longer suffering and was at peace in gloryland.

"v1. The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart; and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. (that includes pain, illness, sorrow, troubles, and suffering)

v2. He shall enter into peace; they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness." (they are now at peace; at rest from their work; and well once again)

v18. "I have seen his ways and will heal him; I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and his mourners.

v19. I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord; and I will heal him."

It is hard, but I find these verses were such a blessing to us lately as so many young people that we knew have passed away lately (friends, and neighbours, and co-workers, etc).

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours too ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #85  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Prayers continue and also praises for the healing taking place slowly and surely.

I have a small prayer request-I just recently got back in touch with a high school friend (thank you facebook!) and am sad to learn that she just lost her husband last week after a 2 1/2 year battle with cancer. They are believers so she knows he's just gone on ahead to wait for her, but she's still suffering from loss (as we all would). Please lift Cathy up for strength now and through this holiday season, as well as her step-children, who are missing their dad terribly.

Thanks, everyone. You are the best bunch of Warriors anywhere
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #86  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Heavenly Father, Once again cancer has claimed another life...but because of the work and person of your Son, Jesus Christ, Heaven has claimed Cathy's husband. We ask for comfort for her and her family as they heal with Your strength...In Your Son's Name...Jesus...we pray. Amen.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #87  

Ronni--thoughts and prayers for you, and your friend and her family.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #88  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNI ~ ^Prayers^ going up for your friend Cathy and their family ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #89  
Be happy.

I just prayed for Cathy and her family, and added them to my prayer list.

I would really appreciate prayers for my parents.
My dad has had leukemia for about 8 years and has been in and out of remission several times. The leukemia is back, has metastasized and is also in his lungs now. Last week we were told that the tumors are continuing to grow, despite the chemo. They've started him on morphine and will focus on keeping him comfortable rather than fighting the cancer now.

He's very uncomfortable even with the medication and my mom is so stressed out that she can barely think. Please pray for both of them. My father is 77 years old and has had a good life, but he's never made peace with God. Please pray that he will do so while he's still got time.

Thank you so much.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #90  

Heidi, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this especially hard time.