Prism Diet--Christian-based

• Hi, Everyone! I just joined PRISM diet program--I'm waiting for the materials to come in the mail. Has anyone followed this program? Your encouragement is much appreciated!
  • I haven't heard about it. Tell me more and what made you decide to purchase it.
  • I haven't heard of it either, but:
    I did look it up online after you posted. I would be interested in what you have to say about it once you receive it. To me, it is very expensive, but if it is good and Biblically based and is God's plan for you, it will bear fruit. Let us know how you like it or don't once you get started with it...please.
  • Yes, I will let everyone know what it's like. I chose the $100 for 6 weeks correspondence program because 1) there are no group meetings in my area and 2) I need accountability! I was told it might take a little over a week for the kit to come in the mail. I'll post again after I've been doing it for about a week! Blessings!
  • Prism
    Hi everyone,
    I just started this program today. I did it about 9 years ago and was very successful. There are only 3 people in my group and we are holding the meetings weekly at the church. I paid $55 for the first 6 weeks. It is rigid at first, but I remember how much BETTER I felt in just a few days after not having the white flour/sugar in my system.

I have about 90 pounds to lose, so have a long way to go!

Laura
  • Hi, Everyone! As I promised, here's what happened with Prism. I got the materials in the mail and looked them over. There was something they wanted me to sign stating I would follow the diet perfectly and not eat anything they said not to. I called and talked to a lady and asked what if I fall into temptation during the holidays and eat a piece of fudge? She said that I would be removed from the program and if I wanted to start again, I'd have to pay again. She also said since I had "what if" in my mind, then I should return the program and get a refund. So, I returned the program and got a refund. I see that Laura likes this program and I was wondering if the lady I talked to from Prism represented Prism correctly--is Prism really that strict? Anyway, I knew that I would eat something not on the diet sooner or later, so it was a good thing for me to not keep the program. I did find something for FREE on the internet that I started today. I went to settingcaptivesfree.com and signed up for their free course called The Lord's Table--a program to help you get free from the bondage of food addiction. They also have other courses to take for other addictions, like drugs, alcohol, impurity, etc. I'm hoping this will be the program for me. They give you two options of eating plan: one is eating a certain way that's different each day, like all liquids on Monday, half-day fast on Tues., etc. The other plan is to eat after your stomach growls or you feel empty, and then stop when you're satisfied but not full. I decided the best way to keep from focussing on food would be to follow the second plan. This is my first day and it has gone well. I think as long as I focus on God and remind myself that He has set me free to make choices of what I eat, then I am able to make smart choices and not be legalistic about it. Anyway, I know everyone has to find the program that works best for them. Some may like Prism, some may like The Lord's Table, some may like First Place, etc. Whatever you choose, I pray you will find freedom from food addiction and enjoy the life God has given you! Blessings, Lisa
  • The Lord's Table
    I am glad that you said you will not get legalistic with it...I did this and was looking through it again, but didn't do it. There is some good information with it, just pray that God will show you what he wants you to see, hear and know before each lesson, because it can get pretty legalistic in places... I am here for you, if you are struggling. The first time I did the program there was only one eating plan, and I hated it! This time when I looked it over, I noticed they had another eating program. I didn't look at it, just noticed it.
    Also, if you don't need one, I would suggest not having a mentor...cuz again, the legalistic thing, I don't think they are to help you as much as they are there to tell you "you're doing it wrong"...plus, if you want to be a mentor, you certainly can't go ahead in the daily teachings and you can't have your own opinion.
    Just a heads up. There is stuff to glean from it and stuff to spit out, just as any other thing out there.
  • Thank you so much for giving me a heads up about The Lord's Table. I did ask for a mentor, but I'll see if I can cancel that option. I'll keep you updated on how it's going, but maybe start a new thread called The Lord's Table, okay? Blessings!
  • Oh No Problem!
    Quote: Thank you so much for giving me a heads up about The Lord's Table. I did ask for a mentor, but I'll see if I can cancel that option. I'll keep you updated on how it's going, but maybe start a new thread called The Lord's Table, okay? Blessings!
    I did that quite a few years ago. If you have a mentor, we will pray she is a good one... Again, I am more than happy to help if you need anything, and Trish and Kelli have a really good grasp on letting God be the Lord of our eating as well as anything else in our lives. We all eat along the lines of "intuitive eating", but as the Lord leads us.
    We have discovered that God is leading us all in a different way, and it is so nice to have the perspective from the two of them, as well.
    Kelli has a Bible Study on the forum that is most helpful. I think you would be blessed by it.
    Have a wonderful evening.