3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   I have a question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/183417-i-have-question.html)

Onederchic 10-05-2009 11:04 AM

I have a question

I am not even sure if anyone can answer it but here goes.

A little fyi first off, I am a non practicing Christian, I suppose. I was raised Southern Baptist. I do believe in God. I have read the Bible but for me, it is not the easiest thing to understand. Now on to my question..

I am sure not everyone interrupts the Bible the same but from my own (confused) understanding, there is to be just one judgement day where everyone is judged at the same time. I am probably wrong on that. I have lost both my parents and my husband and it is my heartfelt belief they are in Heaven but if there is just 1 judgement day then where are they really? :|

Ryanne 10-05-2009 11:50 AM

Onderchick,

I have a husband and baby that have gone on to be with the Lord. They are in HEAVEN. I know that I know that I know they are there. The Bible says that Jesus said that : God is the God of the LIVING not of the dead, and that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are there, so God is the God of the living, not of the dead. Also, we are encouraged that "we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses" which I believe to be Noah, Abraham, David and all else who have gone to be with the Lord, plus angels and of course God and Jesus because the Holy Spirit is here with us now... and another thing is that when Jesus died for our sins, yes he went to ****, but He went and got the keys of the kingdom because **** couldn't hold Him and He ascended into Heaven. So, sweetie, don't worry.

There is a wonderful song that might help you as it has helped me on so many occasions, you probably can hear it on youtube... it's called "If You Could See Me Now".

Onederchic 10-05-2009 11:56 AM

Thanks so much Ryanne. I will check the song out :hug:

Ryanne 10-05-2009 12:04 PM

Jesus is the Door...

Here is a link for anyone who has questions about how to become a Christian.

In case anyone is interested.

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistr...comeaChristian
:D

kaybelle9 10-05-2009 12:30 PM

This is a good question, and of course can be interpreted differently by all people...

The saying "We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ ... He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead" might not refer to the physically living and dead... but the spiritually living and dead.

In Christian beliefs, there is an afterlife, a separation of the body and soul. Because of the Crucifixion of Christ and his atonement, all good souls are free to enter Heaven. In other sects of Christianity, it's believed that on the judgment day, all souls will reunite with their dead bodies, and all the Believers will live together in Harmony, and the wicked will suffer.

In Judaism, forgiveness of the soul (atonement) is done by a high priest on the holiest day of the year, Yom Kippur.

In Hinduism, it's believed that events in our current lives are consequences of a previous life. Otherwise known as Karma.

Some Wiccans believe in a type of afterlife called Summerland.

Scientology believe their souls are encapsulated on the planet Venus and sent back to Earth (off the coast of California) to await a new body.

Even in ancient religions, there was some idea of an afterlife, or reincarnation...

In Ancient Egypt, Egyptians followed The Book of the Dead. they believed their hearts (souls) were weighed against a feather of truth and justice. If their heart was lighter than the feather, they went to the Fields of Aaru.

We have all heard the Greek and Roman mythologies of the Elysian fields (a type of heaven) and of course, Hades and the underworld.

I'm sorry for the history lesson. I could go on! I find all of the different religions very fascinating.

My point here, is that for thousands of years almost all religions have believed in some type of after life, reincarnation, or resurrection. Take comfort in that.

Onederchic 10-05-2009 02:10 PM

Thanks kaybelle :)

Bootsie 10-05-2009 03:34 PM

Oh Onederchic what you have done for yourself is totally amazing! Yes! I went on your blog and what you have done to improve yourself is awesome! I sure hope you stick around here, I could learn a few things from you! 330 to 186 !Group, look at this lady go! Please don't ever give up your gonna reach that goal of 125! Then you can learn how to stay there!

You have got some good advice from some good people here, I sure hope you stick around and join us!

Onederchic 10-05-2009 03:59 PM

Thank you so very much, Bootsie :hug::hug:

shcirerf 10-05-2009 05:11 PM

Well, I'm no religious philosopher, just a plain old Lutheran, but I believe they are in heaven.

At least that's what I got from Sunday School and church, and what my entire family believes.

Kaybelle, interesting post. I've noticed most religions have the same general principles, just interpreted differently. I find different religions interesting as well.

Onederchic 10-05-2009 05:19 PM

Thank you, Janelle :hug:

EZMONEY 10-05-2009 10:45 PM

Hey MEESH the link below will tell you what I believe. There are several areas to check but the first one ...Heaven and ****...will answer a lot for you :hug:

http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=2594

Onederchic 10-05-2009 10:54 PM

You rock, EZ, thanks so much :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 10-05-2009 11:21 PM

I definitely believe that we all live on in the next life ... and as a Christian, that we go straight from here into paradise to be with our loved ones and others, as well as the Lord Jesus and GOD, of course.

Yes, the bible does say that there is a judgement day coming for all of us, as you know. That is when everything will be exposed and settled, so-to-speak; and there are many different ideas as to what will happen exactly, but I have great hope for a wonderful future simply becuz of my faith in Jesus Christ. :hug:

shcirerf 10-05-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onederchic (Post 2957396)
Thank you, Janelle :hug:

No problem!

My Dad was killed in a bizarre farm accident when I was 17. I know! He is in heaven, keeping an eye on me! Along with my favorite uncle, who died from a strange heart defib thing when I was 29, they are brothers, I know they are both up their, hanging out, having a good time and watching out for me.;)

I know it may seem a bit strange, but, once in a while, they show up. In my dreams, or in passing thoughts, or whatever, just now and then I know they are there and they tap me on the shoulder and go, HEY!

A weird feeling, I can't describe it, but I know they are in heaven, but with me at the same time.