3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Born Again Christian Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/183254-born-again-christian-support.html)

Ryanne 10-10-2009 08:21 PM

Me, too...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2964906)
Once I repented, and committed to do what the Holy Spirit was telling me to do, everything changed. I still eat only when I am hungry not because I am supposed to eat. Not doing 3 meals and 2 snacks unless the Lord leads me to. I have allowed the Holy Spirit to show me what to eat only when I'm hungry.

I can honestly say that when God does it, it is sooooo much easier and better.

You know I read some where that we don't have to go by man's or the media's idea of what we should weigh. What I read said that we will know when we get to the weight we are comfortable with and that is healthy for us. I believe God's idea of a healthy weight is probably a lot different than what the world's idea is.

I have my basic menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and it is good. I still will eat breakfast and lunch only if and when hungry and will still eat dinner as a family, since that is important to all of us.
I am so glad for today. I am glad that the Holy Spirit reminded me and retaught me that truth BEFORE I went to the grocery. He is right on time! I didn't feel bad about throwing out the chips and the flavorings, I felt good about it.
I also think that God's weight is different than that of the world's...I feel that 125 is a good weight for me.
I am soooo short, I am only 5'2" and that is a stretch...more like 5' 1 1/2".
Kelli, if you feel you are where you want to be, then I am glad for you. Congratulations. Thank you again for this study.
I am making dinner so I'll try to get back on later. :)



Bootsie 10-11-2009 01:13 AM

Oh Kelli I wish i weighed in the 160's , someday.
Patty sugar busters is also I noticed like the Atkins diet and I do need to give up caffeine so i can sleep.
Last night i was sitting here, and all of a sudden I was starving , well I found some croutons 25 calories for 7 and i got me a cup of coffee. I had a small bowl of chicken and dumplings for supper ,well chicken makes me cluck like an old setting hen so I had indigestion. After i was full from the croutons, I was sitting here and I got dizzy sitting in the chair. { I think it might of been my left ear making me dizzy.}Well I had gobs of work to do before i even went to bed, so I got up to go put the washing in and i got so dizzy. Done that , took two aspirin and I went to bed! I needed to bake some cookies , wash the dishes, and clean house plus exercise. I baked the cookies this afternoon and then walked right out the door and forgot them!
I think I have a cold working on me and I have been resting all day but been fighting the hungry feeling. Been trying to only have cold foods, for my chest is sore from all the clucking I did last night. My husband said I wish I could belch like that I said Well I wish I could not for it hurts when I do. I just need to stay away from that chicken!!

Ryanne I am going to do some throwing out myself tomorrow. I think I am going to give the rest of the chicken and dumpling which was really good to my dogs and my cats.

Kelli 10-11-2009 02:22 AM

Hi all,

Bootsies post made me remember, when I first started eating less food, I felt hungry all the time. Kind of a burning in my Stomach and sometimes I got a headaches. I figured out the stomach problems were excess acid. My stomach was used to more food, so it produced more acid and made me feel hungry all the time. My body took about two weeks to regulate the acid and I don't have that problem anymore.

Then I finally figured out the reason I was getting headaches was because I wasn't drinking enough water. We get a fair portion of the water our bodies need from the food we eat so when you are eating half or a forth of what you were used to, you need to drink more water.

Love, kelli

Ryanne 10-11-2009 09:23 AM

Week 2: Day 3:
 
Week 2 Day 3
Jesus, Satan is Knocking Will You Please Answer It
Day ___________________________ Date ___________________________

In the last study, we learned that when we idolize food and obsess about our weight, we are actually communing with demons. I know this is upsetting, especially when you feel you are powerless to stop, but God has the answer. The reason you are overweight is that while you are eating, you are in denial. When you are stuffing, you are zoned out; you set your rational thought aside, and just do it. Think about the moment you start to overeat. Your eating speeds up, because you zone out and go to denial or self-lies. You speed up because you want to get it down before rational thought returns.

Ephesians 4: 17-24 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

This Study is about being present in the moment. In the next few lessons, we’ll learn, God fights our battles. You will be learning how to employ His power. The first thing you need to learn is how to be present in the moment. That’s the new “fad phrase” but what does it mean? There is power in this moment right here. Our present moment shapes our future destiny, and determines how long you will be your present weight.

I mindlessly gave up so many of my moments. Probably 95% of our weight is due to mindless eating. Its called rationalization, when your not in the moment (or reality) The definition of rationalization is 1: to make something irrational appear rational or reasonable 2: to provide a natural explanation to (as a myth) 3: to justify one’s behavior or weakness especially to oneself 4: to find plausible yet untrue reasons for conduct.

I don’t know about you, but that hits home. This is how Satan gets you to sin. He provides great excuses, and because we want the second cupcake, we are all too willing to go along with it.

So how do we resist the temptation? Think about a sin that would be preposterous for you to do such as, committing murder, or shoplifting, something that is not a temptation to you at all. Now think about what would happen if Satan tempted you with it. You would laugh at the temptation; you would pass it up in your mind as being ridiculous, you wouldn’t even contemplate it. That’s why Satan doesn’t tempt you with those things. His method is to try to destroy you a little at a time. One little moment of weakness, one little suggestion, then another moment and another suggestion.

God is all-powerful, but because He has given you free will, He won’t do anything without your invitation, and your faith that He can do it. The battle is God’s but your part isn’t a passive one, you are the one that pulls the trigger and God is the bomb. Pulling the trigger is an emotional battle for you because you want the stupid cupcake, you want to zone out and be numb, but after you activate Gods power, it’s easy. How do you think you set God’s power in motion? What is the trigger? ___________________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
Faith and prayer, giving it to God, thinking positively about God’s power. You say, “God, Satan in knocking at the door, will you please answer it.” If Satan is still nagging you with rationalizations, put your hand on your stomach. Ask yourself “am I hungry?” Be in the moment, if you’re not hungry (don’t rationalize) pray more. Satan makes it a bigger deal than it is.

Proverbs 14:16* A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident.

When Satan was tempting Jesus in the wilderness, he tried three times. He won’t just go away, stay in each moment, moment by moment; thinking confidently about God’s power, Satan will give up eventually.

James 4: 7-10 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Bombard sin with prayer use the shock and awe war campaign against the enemy with bombs that are, relentless.

A typical scenario will be:
You’re going along great, your following Jesus, staying focused on Him. You’re feeling wonderful then you pop a mint in your mouth, which would be ok, other than you start to think it might be bad.

I Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

God wants you to understand this concept He says almost the same thing again.

I Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

So now, Satan has a foothold and begins his sinister attack. Then you pop another mint and another, you say to your self “it’s only a small candy it won’t hurt”, then you start to focus on the food, and love it, because it becomes a forbidden fruit. Next comes an extra meal your stomach didn’t ask for, “but you might be hungry!!!” It’s been an hour or two since your last meal, or your daughter brings home pizza after getting off work at the local pizza joint and you have already eaten dinner, but how many times do you get the unexpected pleasure of pizza? You tell yourself “I’ll just have a sliver of a piece”, and before you know it, you have eaten half a pizza, one sliver at a time. You’re are right back were you started, Satan is saying “You’ve blown it now any way, I guess God can’t help you after all” then your positive thoughts start to become more and more negative, one little thought at a time.

Does this sound familiar? When the little suggestion is first made, is the best time to take action, but you can take control at any time, in any moment this scenario takes place, with prayer and positive thoughts of Gods power. Pray, and ask God to forgive you, think positive thoughts and just start fresh and new with that. Don’t let it become the forbidden fruit, honestly, the best way for me to do that has been to simply say/pray, “Jesus, Satan is knocking …

You have a completely new moment to begin anew. Satan will come back, no doubt starting with something small and moving up, he will say you’ve already blown it, might as well give up.

The secret formula is prayer, and faith (positive thinking) knowing God will give you the power to resist. Just say no, ask God for help, say “God help me,” and believe He will protect you from this pizza. Be present in the moment, and then walk away, now! Just say no. If you can’t get away, pray the whole time. On the other hand, if you don’t want God’s help because you want the pizza too bad, ask God to help you ask for help. Say God right now I want this pizza I don’t want your help, please help me to want your help. IT WORKS. IT WORKS, IT WORKS. Any temptation can be handled this way. God will not forsake you. All the fighting we do is so unnecessary, if we could only get a sense of the power we possess through Jesus

Wrong thinking goes like this: You see a tempting treat, you fight with yourself for a millisecond but the way you fight is, “I have no self control, I can’t do it, and before you can ask God for strength (because you really want the treat) you stuff it in your mouth, you zone out with vague feelings of self contempt.

Guess what! I have fabulous news! You do have self-control.

Read Galatians 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

One of the attributes of being saved is you get all the fruits of the Spirit automatically, you don’t have to grow into them, they are yours. God won’t make you take them, but they are yours if you will have them.

Read Isaiah 40: 28-31 Have you not known? Have you not heard?*The everlasting God, the LORD, *The Creator of the ends of the earth, *Neither faints nor is weary. *His understanding is unsearchable. 29 He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.** 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength;*They shall mount up with wings like eagles,*They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

What does it mean to wait on the Lord? The Definition of the word wait is; 1: to remain inactive in readiness or expectation. To act as attendant or servant. To be ready. The synonyms for wait are, stay, remain, hang around, linger.

We try so hard to fix things when we are uncomfortable, we are like baby eaglets flapping our wings, working hard to fix our situation, crying and wondering why God would do this to us. Temptation, like all trials, is a test. God made tests to help you expand your knowledge and identify areas you need help. Don’t try to fight the temptation by flapping your wings and working hard. Rise above it wait for God, He will lift you up and rescue you.

When you are tempted, rise above it like an eagle. Eagles know when a storm is approaching before it breaks, and will fly high above the storm and wait for wind. When the storm hits, He sets his wings so the wind will pick him up and lift him above the storm. While the storm is raging below he is soaring above the tempest in peace. He doesn’t get away from the storm; he uses it to fly higher. He doesn’t flap his wings straining to fly higher, he barley moves his wings at all.

It’s hard to understand sometimes why God allows us to be tempted, and we feel so weak. Just like a baby eagle who doesn’t understand when the mom messes up their nest. She rips it to pieces until all the soft feather stuff is gone and all that’s left is stickers and hard stuff. If that’s not bad enough the momma eagle pushes the baby out of the nest! The baby flaps furiously trying hard to fly, and when all seems lost the momma swoops down and catches the baby on her back. She does this again, and again, until the baby eaglet learns to stop flapping and relax into the current. They glide effortlessly, rising higher and higher.

Read Deuteronomy 32:11,12 As an eagle stirs up its nest, Hovers over its young, Spreading out its wings, taking them up, Carrying them on its wings, 11 As an eagle stirs up its nest, Hovers over its young, Spreading out its wings, taking them up, Carrying them on its wings,

Trying to fight Satan will exhaust you. Just say, “Jesus, Satan is knocking will you answer it”? Then glide away, knowing God has taken care of it.

When you were saved, you received the Holy Spirit and one of the fruits, or attributes of having the Holy Spirit, is self-control. You see, Satan is a liar; he is the master of illusion, nothing more. That’s what he does, and you have been listening to his lies for so long you believe them. It is time to counter those lies.

Your goal is to be thin, but you have to reach many little goals before you can accomplish your main goal. You are not going to wake up one day at your goal weight. It will take many little battles and many little victories, one by one, moment by moment.

Isaiah 28:9, 10 “Whom will he teach knowledge?
******And whom will he make to understand the message?
******Those just weaned from milk?
******Those just drawn from the breasts?
******
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
******Line upon line, line upon line,
******Here a little, there a little.”

Remember Satan will flee if you resist him, but he tried tempting Jesus three times before he gave up, and he didn’t give up for good, the Bible says he went away, waiting for a more opportune moment.

Luke 4:12 13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.

God gave you a beautiful gift and it is time to start treating your body, soul and mind as such. Just you wouldn’t verbally attack your loved one, you will not allow your inner talk to ridicule, put down, or in any way abuse you. It is time to stop now. The Holy Bible says you have self-control. When you're having a hard time pulling away from that last bite, say to yourself “I have self control because I have the Holy Spirit.

II Chronicles 20:14-17 Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly. 15 And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the LORD to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 16 Tomorrow go down against them. They will surely come up by the Ascent of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the brook before the Wilderness of Jeruel. 17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the LORD, who is

Let’s see how God answers the door.

II Kings 6: 8-18 Now the king of Syria was making war against Israel; and he consulted with his servants, saying, “My camp will be in such and such a place.” 9 And the man of God sent to the king of Israel, saying, “Beware that you do not pass this place, for the Syrians are coming down there.” 10 Then the king of Israel sent someone to the place of which the man of God had told him. Thus he warned him, and he was watchful there, not just once or twice.
11 Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was greatly troubled by this thing; and he called his servants and said to them, “Will you not show me which of us is for the king of Israel?”

12 And one of his servants said, “None, my lord, O king; but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the words that you speak in your bedroom.”

13 So he said, “Go and see where he is, that I may send and get him.”
And it was told him, saying, “Surely he is in Dothan.”

14 Therefore he sent horses and chariots and a great army there, and they came by night and surrounded the city. 15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”

16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 18 So when the Syrians came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD, and said, “Strike this people, I pray, with blindness.” And He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

You are God’s child, just as Elisha was. He never changes He is still fighting the enemy with chariots of fire. He answers the door with strength and power.

Genesis 14:11-16 Now the Valley of Siddim was full of asphalt pits; and the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled; some fell there, and the remainder fled to the mountains. 11 Then they took all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their provisions, and went their way. 12 They also took Lot, Abram's brother's son who dwelt in Sodom, and his goods, and departed.

13 Then one who had escaped came and told Abram the Hebrew, for he dwelt by the terebinth trees of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol and brother of Aner; and they were allies with Abram. 14 Now when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his three hundred and eighteen trained servants who were born in his own house, and went in pursuit as far as Dan. 15 He divided his forces against them by night, and he and his servants attacked them and pursued them as far as Hobah, which is north of Damascus. 16 So he brought back all the goods, and also brought back his brother Lot and his goods, as well as the women and the people.

17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him at the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King's Valley), after his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him.
What do all the scriptures above have in common with each other? _____________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

They were all small armies defended by God through faith.

When I would hear the phrase “leave it at the cross”, I thought it meant to stop sinning, give the sin to God and don’t pick it back up. I used to get so upset with myself because I couldn’t leave the sin at the cross and not pick it back up. I was addicted. Then I realized I had the phrase wrong, the phrase means to accept any answer from God. If God answers your prayer and stops you from overeating, praise Him. If He doesn’t and you continue to overeat, praise Him. This is why this is the hard part. It may not be God’s will for you to be thin yet, He may want to teach you something first, I say “yet” because I don’t believe God wants us to die addicted to anything, but you can’t do it on your own. Trying just makes you want it more. Surrender it to God’s will and be free from self-condemnation. Have faith in God, and know He has your best interest at heart.

The Good thing is, this takes all the pressure off you. You are giving it to God and therefore not obsessing over the law, eventually food will become a non-issue for you because it loses its magnetism, when it’s no longer the forbidden fruit.

Read Matthew 7: 7-10 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him.

What purpose would it serve your Father in heaven, if He let you down? The only hard part is breaking thru the emotional barrier, of wanting His help or sometimes it’s hard to believe God wants to help you.

Read I Corinthians 10:1-22

In light of today’s study, what was the scripture or statement in today’s lesson that most spoke to your heart? __________________________________________________ ________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

What steps of faith does God want you to take towards Him today? ____________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Rephrase the scripture or statement into an expression of faith_________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

I Corinthians 10: 31 _________, ______ you _____ or ______, or ________ you do, do _____ to the ______ of God.

Ryanne 10-11-2009 10:18 AM

This is such a good one today...
 
There are so many things that I will be pondering today and I will come back to this lesson often today, God willing.
I like where you put that once the food is not a forbidden fruit you will lose interest. That is good. I have been losing interest slowly but surely and this message today is right on time.
Thank you again, for sharing your Bible Study with us.
It is a blessing.
I am going to go walking. It is soooo cold out, so I will be bundling up! You guys have a wonderful Sunday! I think I will walk to Church today, too.
I wanted to add something, God will not let us be tempted more than we can handle and he has capped how long the enemy can tempt us...it's usually one to three minutes. YOU CAN DO IT!!! To stay positive you can say something like "God will not allow me to be tempted more than I have the ability to resist, so I can resist this! I CAN HANDLE THIS CUZ MY DADDY SAID I CAN!"
:D

pattygirl63 10-11-2009 07:14 PM

Good Evening Ladies,

I don't have much on this one today except to say that the fact that if we resist the devil that he WILL flee from us as the Word of God says. I heard a minister preach on this on day. He said that the devil is a created being... created originally as an angel. He likened angels to a computer. Angels were programed to do (obey) whatever the Word of God says. They were NEVER given the ability to choose as we are. So when we speak the Word of God to them as Jesus did when He was tempted, they have NO CHOICE... THEY HAVE TO FLEE!!! That gave me more understanding to the Power that Jesus gave us through the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is our example. He never really talked to the demons although they often spoke and even knew who He was. He would immediately command them to be quiet and they obeyed Him. If we had the faith as to who we are in Christ Jesus, I know we could do the same thing. We have the same Holy Spirit working in us He had and we have the right given to us by Jesus to use His name to speak the Word of God and when we put all that together and "speak" that Word against them... the HAVE TO FLEE. They have NO CHOICE.

I think many times that they persist to see if we really believe what we say and/or if we really mean what we say. It is totally up to us.

I don't think I ever blamed God for my being over weight. I just thought that I was the one who had to do something about it. I did believe that some how, some where, that if I kept seeking that He would show me the way and that someday I would find my answer. That is what He wants to do. We must ask Him and then take time to listen.

And I believe that I have found the answer for me and I am thoroughly convinced that He has led me to the answer. As I read through different writings on the Low Carb thread on 3fc, I came across some things I wrote back in July. I realized that God gave me the answer to my problem back then and because of me making carbs more important to me than the way He was leading me, I did not follow through. I made certain foods/carbs and idol and I got off track. These lessons have suddenly made me see what I've done. It is a combination physical and spiritual problem. I am now following what God showed me back then with food plan He gave me to heal my body of the problems/damage that dieting has done to me. I see that He wants to do a total healing in me. And it starts with putting Him first and then follow His leading.

God is soooo good. He never gives up on us.

Catch you tomorrow.

Ryanne 10-11-2009 07:46 PM

God is sooo good!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2965863)
Good Evening Ladies,

I don't have much on this one today except to say that the fact that if we resist the devil that he WILL flee from us as the Word of God says. I heard a minister preach on this on day. He said that the devil is a created being... created originally as an angel. He likened angels to a computer. Angels were programed to do (obey) whatever the Word of God says. They were NEVER given the ability to choose as we are. So when we speak the Word of God to them as Jesus did when He was tempted, they have NO CHOICE... THEY HAVE TO FLEE!!! That gave me more understanding to the Power that Jesus gave us through the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is our example. He never really talked to the demons although they often spoke and even knew who He was. He would immediately command them to be quiet and they obeyed Him. If we had the faith as to who we are in Christ Jesus, I know we could do the same thing. We have the same Holy Spirit working in us He had and we have the right given to us by Jesus to use His name to speak the Word of God and when we put all that together and "speak" that Word against them... the HAVE TO FLEE. They have NO CHOICE.

I think many times that they persist to see if we really believe what we say and/or if we really mean what we say. It is totally up to us.



I am glad that you put this. I was a computer tech for years and years. ( I guess I still am, but burned out with it...bad...lol) But when you put it like this, it makes it so clear to understand. I thank you for building my faith with that statement. Wow!
Trish, same with me, God has given me a plan for me and my family. I will just do what I am led to do by the Holy Spirit.

Bootsie 10-11-2009 10:22 PM

I have learned that when we do good things it gives Satan a good hint to move on. reading God's word makes him move. All things can be used for good or bad even our words. God has given us wisdom to know the difference, like the computer itself can be used for good or it can be used for bad. I do think that we all could live without the computer telephone but we would not get to meet as many people or learn as much that could be bad or it could be good. I don't know . I know I would sure hate to live without running water, and electricity. As far as Satan tempting us if he tempted Jesus, you know for sure he is coming after us that is when we need to put on our armor of God to protect us. I do know one thing that when you seek God, he will show you his plans (as he is doing for us) for your life so that you can follow him and avoid falling into the temptation of sin that Satan sets for us. I want to add though the good news is, that I have learned in my past, is that any past problems, current struggles and these temporary setbacks we all been through, God does not give up on us.

Ryanne 10-11-2009 10:50 PM

You are absolutely right!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootsie (Post 2966097)
I want to add though the good news is, that I have learned in my past, is that any past problems, current struggles and these temporary setbacks we all been through, God does not give up on us.

Thank God for that!!!! :)

Kelli 10-12-2009 01:48 AM

I can't believe it took me over ten years to finally figure out that I just needed to give it up.

I know I talk about giving it up in the study, and I would for a few weeks then I would pick it up again. In my post yesterday I told you I am done. Done dieting, done thinking about food, done thinking about being skinny, done!

So yesterday I just didn't feel like I wanted to go to the bother of making any lunch or dinner. I wasn't trying to diet, I just didn't want to bother with it. Then this morning I had a hunger pang, but it just seemed it was a bother. I got to teach the kids in Sunday School today (K-1st grade :)) and there was some time between services, so I decided to get a McSandwich. On the way, I was confused because it still seemed more like a bother.

So I asked God, "Do you want me to fast?" why don't I feel the need to eat?

He answered in His still small voice, and said "This is how it is when you don't have an emotional attachment to food!" He told me "It's not time to fast, it's time to eat, you had a hunger pang"! I thought 'wow'! duh, God had to instruct me how to eat normally again, I had forgotten! :dizzy:

I am not saying Satan is totally leaving me alone and doesn't tempt me, what I am saying is every time He tries I say the same thing...

(I never talk directly to Satan either Trish) I say, this is none of my business. (because now he doesn't tempt me with eating as much as he does with dieting, listing the food I ate...etc.) So I say Jesus, Thank you that my weapons are not carnal, but mighty in casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against what you have taught me.

Satan's favorite tactic on me now is to try to make me confused by saying I need to resist, because if I don't, I will eat everything. But every time I think about food and dieting I say, this is none of my business...

This is silly but I kind of feel like Neo in the movie, The Matrix, (the first one, I hated the other two) anyway when he dies (when I died to myself and gave it up totally) and then he suddenly realizes he'd been deceived all this time, and he finally understands the power he has available. He flexes his arms and the world around him expands and contracts. (I flex my faith muscles) Then the agents shoot Neo with bullets (fiery darts) and He looks down (I look up) and then he just quietly says...

No...

and the bullets (fiery darts) fall harmlessly to the floor.

I know why it took me so long to understand that I just need to surrender and by surrender, I mean don't even get involved with the process at all, (it's God's business not mine) and you ladies probably already got that. But I thank you Jesus so much for how long it took me. I couldn't have written the study!

I don't think I will be on the computer as much anymore, my family is feeling neglected and I need to get the study edited. I will be praying for you and I will stop by now and then, (Because your insights bless my socks off!!!) but you ladies certainly don't need me, God is showing you such awesome things!

However, before I do leave, I have noticed there are about 75 to 100 views of this thread a day, and I know, Trish, Bootsie and Rayann, would love you to join in. It's not like you can't jump in at anytime, the study's aren't really chronological, you can jump in anywhere.

I will come by often, just not everyday. It's just that, it's the first thing I want to do in the morning so I don't get my regular Bible study, like I used to, and then I stay up late posting and reading posts, so I don't get to bed early enough and I sleep in. :( I will still post the rest of the studies in the Bible Study thread. I will probably do the rest of them all at once, so I won't be tempted and get sucked back in.

Love you guys, thank you so much for your support! :hug:

Love, Kelli

Ryanne 10-12-2009 02:40 AM

Kelli, I am sorry to hear that...
 
...but you have to do what you have to do. Just don't be a stranger! We love you so much and it would be nice to have your input. Whatever you do, Kelli, I know you are doing it for the glory of God.
Take Care and post when you can.
:hug:

Ryanne 10-12-2009 02:44 AM

Week 2: Day 4:
 
Week 2 Day 4
Love the Lord with all your heart
Day ___________________________ Date ___________________________

Matthew 12:30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.

God is not as concerned about the shape of your body as He is the condition of your heart, apart from you being over weight is a manifestation of the condition of your heart and what you have been running to for comfort and satisfaction. We have to run to God for comfort and support, not food.

Read II Corinthians 1: 3, 4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

II Corinthians 5:9 (NIV) Says, So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

What is your goal? Be honest with yourself. What is your true purpose for losing weight? __________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Is it to be thin earn the respect of others do you think “they” will love you more? Most people if they are honest with themselves admit their motivation for dieting is to look better, and no wonder! We are under so much pressure to be perfect. We are assaulted twenty-four hours a day from TV and magazines.

The Bible says seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

Read Matthew 7:7,8 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Make it a priority to heal spiritually first and then the physical will follow.

An apple tree doesn’t strain and groan to get the fruit out. It automatically bears fruit if fed, watered and if it gets plenty of sunshine. To grow in the Lord you have to spend time reading the word getting to know Jesus by going to church and listening to Christian music, filling your life and mind with the one who loves you. It isn’t an option; it’s a requirement.

John 15:5-8 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

And

James 4: 7-10 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Reject dieting for the purpose of weight loss only. Unlike all the other diets we have been on the bottom line of this diet is moderation. You don’t need to worry about what you eat or how you eat it. You can use that time to fall in love with Jesus. How do you think you fall in love with Him? How do you draw near to God? ____________________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

You draw near to God by getting to know Him! If you are married or engaged, you know that when you first fell in love, you stayed up all night just talking. You enjoyed just being together. If you told that person “I’m going to spend thirty minutes a day with you and memorize one thing about you a week.” Would they have been happy with that? I don’t think so, you get to know someone by spending time with them, talking to them, thinking about them, listening to them. You steal every moment you can just to look in their eyes and hear their voice.

Use your own Bible and write down the following passages:

Philippians 2:3, __________________________________________________ ___________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
Psalm 37: 4, __________________________________________________ ______________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
Use your own Bible and fill in the blanks Romans 8:5-9 _____________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
____________________________________________ For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
What do all these passages have in common? ____________________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________



They are all in regards to God being first in your life. Seeking Him and getting to know Him. Acknowledging Him as your Master, accepting the fact that He knows what is best for you, and then He will give you the desires of your heart. He knows what you truly desire better than you do.
When you get to know Jesus through reading His word and spending time with Him, the Holy Spirit will breathe new life and truth into your entire being. You will discover amazing strength when you’re empowered by the Holy Spirit. Stop trying to change your eating habits in your own strength. We have read it, we are the branches and He is the vine, our life source, do you believe it? I think a lot of us who are overweight, think it’s our lot in life, our cross to bear. It’s not about that at all. We all have to fight the tendency to sin and gluttony is a sin. Some people have the tendency toward pornography, or homosexuality. You wouldn’t think it’s Okay for them to ruin their lives with that. The same goes for your sin. It’s not about you it’s about your ministry and what God has planned for you life.

Read Romans 8:1-17


In light of today’s study, what was the scripture or statement in today’s lesson that most spoke to your heart? __________________________________________________ ________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

What steps of faith does God want you to take towards Him today? ____________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Rephrase the scripture or statement into an expression of faith_________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________
I Corinthians 10: 31 Therefore, ****________ you **_________ or ________, or ________ you do, do ________ to the _________ of _____.

Ryanne 10-12-2009 09:33 AM

Another Good Lesson:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2966333)

Matthew 12:30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.

God is not as concerned about the shape of your body as He is the condition of your heart, apart from you being over weight is a manifestation of the condition of your heart and what you have been running to for comfort and satisfaction. We have to run to God for comfort and support, not food.

Read II Corinthians 1: 3, 4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.


The Bible says seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

Make it a priority to heal spiritually first and then the physical will follow.

To grow in the Lord you have to spend time reading the word getting to know Jesus by going to church and listening to Christian music, filling your life and mind with the one who loves you. It isn’t an option; it’s a requirement.

John 15:5-8 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

And

James 4: 7-10 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

This goes along the lines of what God has been teaching me lately about being led by the Spirit and not by the flesh. God is sooo good. I am glad to know ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD! I don't have to worry about what I think I can or cannot do, it doesn't matter. What matters is GOD CAN AND WILL!:carrot:

pattygirl63 10-12-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

The Bible says seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.
Well, I just spent 20 minutes writing my on this and lost it. I'll try to do it again more quickly.

I love this scripture in the Amplified Bible. "His righteousness (His way of doing and being right)".

This tells me that as I seek to really know Him and have a close relationship with Him then I will also learn what Jesus will and will not do. What pleases Him and what does not.

Yesterday, I started out doing a different low carb plan than the one that I felt the Lord wanted me to do the day before. It seemed to make more sense to me, but I was wrong. I was spending most of the time trying to eat certain foods at certain times and I didn't have the right foods to do it etc. I found myself getting frustrated. And then I was supposed to eat before going to bed which I don't like doing. I suddenly realized that this was to frustrating and confusing for me . It was not flowing well with my life. NO PEACE. Why? Because this was not God's Way for me to follow.

I woke up this morning and back on the Plan God has for me and all is going easier. Even had 2 meals planned in my head before I got out of bed. I've come to believe that what God wants to teach me through this weight loss Diet Bible Study is that when we do what God tells us to do (obedient) things go better for us. I know that may not always be true, because I was watch a Joyce Meyer dvd last night and she made a statement that I have found to be true... she said the :devil: attacks us when we are doing thing right and :devil: attacks when we are doing things wrong. But she went on to say that she now when something happens that she asks God, "Have I opened a door?" She wants to know so that she can correct it. Thank God, I am back in the flow of what God has shown me to do and I am at peace and enjoying my breakfast that He showed me to eat this morning.

Kellie We will miss you, but I understand. Nothing should take away from our Devotional Bible Studies and family. Check in when you can.

Ryanne and Bootsie:wave: Have a great day.

pattygirl63 10-12-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2966493)
This goes along the lines of what God has been teaching me lately about being led by the Spirit and not by the flesh. God is sooo good. I am glad to know ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD! I don't have to worry about what I think I can or cannot do, it doesn't matter. What matters is GOD CAN AND WILL!:carrot:

Ryanne Something Joyce said on the dvd along the lines of what you wrote. She used Philippkians 4:13 she said something like this "I can do all things because God lives in me". Yes we do have the strength to do this because we have the greater one living inside of us.

Blessings,


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.