3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Born Again Christian Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/183254-born-again-christian-support.html)

Bootsie 10-13-2009 05:58 PM

Hi Julia! Welcome! I hope you like it here , there is also the encouragers post and prayer post that might interest you too. You can see that Ryanne , Trish and I are all on the road to a more healthy life , with God leading us. So happy you have decided to join us!

Ryanne 10-13-2009 05:59 PM

Welcome to the thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliastl27 (Post 2968961)
Hello

This is my first post on this thread as I just got saved recently. I am excited to be here and get to know all of you. My name is Julia and I am 28.

Julia, it is so nice to have you here! I can't wait to get to know you. Post as often as you would like and have fun!

pattygirl63 10-13-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliastl27 (Post 2968961)
Hello This is my first post on this thread as I just got saved recently. I am excited to be here and get to know all of you. My name is Julia and I am 28.

:welcome2: Julia to the group and to recently becoming a new member of the family of God. We are so glad you chose to join us. We look forward to getting to know you. Just jump in and share any time.

Ryanne Thanks again for reminding me of the book Battlefield of the Mind. I went and got the book off the shelf immediately. I am going to read it while the dvd is fresh on my mind.

I was just reading the Introduction to the bookand she reminds us to never give up because we are constantly changing. I realize that we may not always see that we are changing, but if we are trusting God and doing what we know we are to do then there is change going on as we are growing in the Lord.

I want to share a few things Joyce said on the dvd. She said that 2 things happened the day before Joyce got to that particular meeting that had upset her and she didn't handle them as she did and had to repent. The devil was beating her up and she felt so guilty. Then the Lord said to her "What about the 150 things you've done right today?" I think we all have a habit of beating ourselves up when we don't do things "perfectly". I've heard that a lot of us overweight people are perfectionists and that is why we beat ourselves up so when we have a slip. Another thing I like that Joyce said was that a fall does not make us a failure. We are only a failure if we give up and quit. I like that. I know I don't need anyone else to beat me up when I mess up, because I do a good job on myself.

Bootsie I am so glad that you have the plan that will work for you. It is so wonderful how the Lord has lead each of us to the plan that He has for us. I feel like that is a good sign that we will succeed because this time we have found God's Way for us to eat. God is so Good.

God blessed me today with a wonderful experience when I went to Steak & Shake to eat. I had the plan ahead of time what I was going to eat. When the waitress came to take our order, I just gave my order. Ordered the slad with no croutons, ranch dressing and water. I saw the other foods on the menu, but I had my mindset for the salad and nothing else tempted me. I saw something that I would have liked, but I already had my plan in my mind and had no desire to change it. I figure the other item I saw I can have another time. Thanks Ryanne for the suggestion of making up our minds about things ahead of time.

Well,I better close off and go spend time with my dear hubby. I stayed up so late with him last night, but I can't do that to night. I have to be at church for BSF at in the morning by 9:10.

Have a good evening. Till tomorrow.

Ryanne loved the sign off because we are sisters.

pattygirl63 10-14-2009 08:32 AM

Good Morning Girls

Just wanted to start my morning telling you hello and to have a marvelously blessed day.

I started reading The Battlefield of the Mind. Only got to read a small section, but maybe this is how I should read it this time. The scripture is Ephesians 6:12 " For we are not wrestling with fles and blood [contending only wih physical opponents], but against despotism, against powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in heavenly (supernatural) sphere.

She brings out the fact that we are at war with evil and that these evil spirits have had time to really know us. So he begins to tell us things about ourselves and others that are not true. He is patient and he takes time plan his strategy against us. We must remember that he is a liar and the father of lies.

This reminds me that we must remember the One who is Greater lives inside of us and we that gives us the ability and power of the Holy Spirit living in us to get through this day successfully. We are truly blessed because we are daughters of the Most High God Who loves us so much that He walks through this weight loss with us. He said He would never leave us so we know that this is true.

Love you girls. I am truly blessed to have you in my life.

BTW Ryanne I live in SC, but I'm a TX born girl. Can't take the TX out of me.

Later girls.

Ryanne 10-14-2009 11:06 AM

You are right...

NIV© "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
And...
As He is, so are we in this world. (1 John 4:17)

Yes, we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but one thing we do need to remember is that "WE ALREADY HAVE THE VICTORY"! All Jesus has done is done, it is already established in Heaven, and by the words of our mouth, (Prayer and Confession) we establish it in our hearts and on THIS EARTH!

Here is something I stumbled across this morning, I have never been to this website before, but I will paste it here and provide a link to the website, there are some other things there that I may be interested in, but I have not checked the other content of the site, to see how reliable it is, but this particular thing bears witness with me and I thought it might bless you, too.

As He Is, So Are We in This World

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion … over all the earth.” (Genesis 1:26)

As He is, so are we in this world. (1 John 4:17)

I was just thinking about how similar these two verses are.

In the beginning, God created man in His own image. He formed him out of the dust of the ground, then He puffed the breath life, His own breath, into man’s mouth, and man became a living creature. No other creature in heaven and earth is like man. Nowhere are angels ever said to be created in the image of God. No other creature has received the breath of life from God’s own lips. Only man is created in the image of God.

To be created in the image of God means this: As He is, so are we in this world. God created man to have dominion over the earth and everything in it. In other words, man was made to represent God to the world—created in the divine image, animated by the divine breath, the Holy Spirit of God, and endowed with divine authority to rule and reign on earth. Whenever any creature looked upon man, they would see the image of God.

As we know, Adam and Eve lost that authority when they rebelled against God and submitted themselves to satan. But that is why Jesus came, to destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:8) and restore us to God and the plan He has always had for us. Jesus, the Second Person of the Godhead, and fully divine, became fully human and walked among us. He so thoroughly identified with us that He carried our sins to the cross—became sin for us, the Bible says (2 Corinthians 5:21)—where He died in our place. By His body given for us and His blood shed for us, He broke the power of the enemy over us. Three days later, He arose from the dead. Then, before He ascended to His throne in heaven, He gave us His authority and power:

All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:18-20)

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. (Acts 1:8)

This authority and power has been given to all those who have received the Lord Jesus Christ and been baptized in His name. To be a disciple of Jesus means to learn how to exercise this authority and power just as He would, though most churches have forgotten how to do this.

Nonetheless, we are fully authorized by the Lord Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit to speak and act in His name, to exercise the kind of dominion He exercised, and be the agents of His kingdom on earth. That is why the apostle John could write:

Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

Faithpoint: This dominion is about doing the Father’s will and manifesting the Father’s love in the world. That is what Jesus came to do, and what He authorized and empowered us to do. If we want to know what that looks like, all we have to do is look at Jesus, because as He is, so are we in this world. ShareThis
by Jeff Doles

Here is the link: http://www.thefaithlog.com/2006/05/a...his-world.html

I pray that this will fall on good soil and ask God to give us all revelational knowledge of this, in Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

I love you all and will be back later. :bubbles:

Ryanne 10-14-2009 08:06 PM

I hope your all's day went well.

I wanted to share that I was born in Iowa and raised in Wisconsin, and I ventured out on my own after High School to Oklahoma, by myself. I have stayed here and raised my family here and made Oklahoma my home. I love it!
I have a 22 year old son, he is married and has a baby girl who is a year old. He just bought his first house 2 weeks ago.
I have a 20 year old daughter who is expecting her first child in January.
I have a 16 year old girl and a 4 year old boy still at home.
I have the best husband in the world, and yes, I own bragging rights!!! LOL...I have been married twice before, the first husband was murdered, and the second husband was abusive...and now I have my best friend to share my life with. He is wonderful.
God is so good.
I worked for several years as a computer tech for almost every major manufacturer, and I also was a tech for printers, copiers, fax machines, digital cameras, ipods, cell phones, mp3 players, you name it, I have probably fixed it... I am severely burned out with it, and quit my job in March to stay home with the children. My husband is in technical support as well, but would some day like to work in his field which is coding for computer programs.
I have no family close except for my children and my husband...the rest of my family is in Wisconsin and some are scattered around the country. I have 9 brothers and sisters, a step sister and a half sister.
I got saved when I was 20 years old. (a lil secret...I am 43 yrs. old now...although I don't really tell anyone, most people guess me in my late teens to early twenties...and I just smile. :D) I hope it stays that way for a very long time, In Jesus' Name, Amen!
So, anyways, I thought you guys would like to know some things about me.
Of course, we all have Joyce Meyer in common, but I also like Jesse Duplantis. He is so funny!
Anyway, I hope to get to know all of you better. :cofdate:

Bootsie 10-14-2009 11:09 PM

Hello everyone, it has been quite a night as I explained in Christian Encouragers Oct.
I fixed up my dog Lee pen today and put him in a cleaner pen and he hated it. I will never understand that dog. The pen I put him in was 20 times bigger dryer, so much more room to run but he did not like it . He just cried that whine, he wanted to go back to his pen in the mud. I thought well that has just become his comfort zone and how I am so much like that too, especially tonight. I like to feel safe and I don't like changes either.
My border collie she is differnet, I fixed her a place to get out and run and she just had so much fun today! If she could talk she would say about Lee, That silly old boy is just plum silly! I have another male dog the same way, he don't like changes either done the same thing for him and he climbed over and went back to his old dog house. Oh well tried to make it better.
Worked in the garden and all my beans are blooming! As I was pulling weeds Harry my cat who follows me everywhere decided he would play a trick on me. He saw me going through all the beans and he hid under the beans ready to grab my hand, that little rascal!
I started planning on the cat house for the cats while I am gone next month. Dug up around and found some wood panels and now I need to find some wood to frame it with. Should not take me to long to fix it . Plus I need to fix the chickens doors where something tried to get in, before i got my monitor. Have to cut the grass around the store tomorrow. Well best go .

Ryanne 10-15-2009 10:17 AM

Well, Good Morning All!

I wanted to greet you all with a warm Hello this morning. I am babysitting my granddaughter this morning...she is such a blessing! It was nice to see my son's smiling face so early in the morning. Then my oldest daughter called to chat this morning, and is wanting to go to Church with me Sunday and hang out with me for the day. That will be fun.
Today I am still meditating on following the Spirit and also the fact that Jesus told us to CHEER UP because HE has overcome the world and deprived it of power to harm us.
Well, I'll stop in later, you all have a most wonderful day!:D

pattygirl63 10-15-2009 05:08 PM

I am late here today because I slept in this morning which throws everything off. Thursday isn't really the day to do this as I have a lot of reading to do on Thursday mornings with the notes from BSF and my regular devotional time. Anyway, I did it.

While I was reading my Bible this morning during devotional time there was something that really jumped out at me. Jesus had gone to the garden of Gethsemanee (sp) to pray. The disciples feel asleep. Then the last time in Matthew 14:38b Jesus says to them " The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak".

When we were born again, we became a new creation in Christ Jesus. Our spirit was born of the Holy Spirit. But our personality and attitudes did not change. The Holy Spirit came to live in us to do that change in us. We have to be submissive to God's work in us that He is doing through the Holy Spirit.

What I saw is that from the time we were born in the flesh that our flesh was taught to be in control. We cry our Mother fed us etc. We learned to get what we needed according to the flesh needs. Now as new creations in Christ, our spirit being wants to be in control and is very much willing to be. We have to now feed our spirit being and it starts with feeding our minds the Word of God. The more our mind begins to think on the Word of God whether through reading the Bible, studying the Bible or hearing good teaching on the Word and meditating on that word (like when we make our confessions of the Word in prayer) we are changing our thoughts and causing our spirit being to grow and become stronger so that it can control our flesh.

I had a day of really being hungry yesterday, but this morning my weight was down. It is so amazing to me how this all works. I do Low Carb/Intuitive Eating combination. Some days I eat more than others. They stress to eat only when hungry. I have found that when I eat very little because I want to cut back, I show a gain the next day. When I eat when hungry and get satisfied like I did yesterday, I show a loss the next day. I wonder if any of you have had the same experience.

Ryanne Thanks for sharing the word like you did and then sharing your story of your life. I too love Jesse Duplantis. I also like Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar. God has really turned your life into something beautiful. Praise God! He is soooo good.

Bootsie I love your stories of things that happen with your animals. They are so cute. My deceased husband and our children and I had a little farm when we lived in Gatesville, TX. I absolutely loved living in the country. We raised chickens, turkey and ducks. Your bring back so many cute things that happened. I am a city girl who moved to the country to make my husband happy. It was one of the best experience of my life. The first year we ordered 200 baby chicks and they came early before we got the chicken area ready. I had 200 hundred baby chicks on the floor in my living room. Another time we had 200 on the floor of our bathroom so they could stay warm. We had a duck that decided she was going to sit, but she had no eggs. But you didn't go near her as she would hiss at you when you walked by her. Lots of happy memories from that time of my life.
I know from experience how you feel about your DH, so yes I will be praying for him.

You girls have a great evening.

Ryanne 10-15-2009 10:10 PM

My Eat and Stay Thin Book Came Today!

And it was right on time. I am almost done reading it, and will read it again. I think I will read it every couple of weeks for a while, then at the beginning of every month...just to stay up on all of it.
I am enjoying it so much. It is confirmation to me that the way I am eating is right for me.
Trish, as far as what I have learned about following the Holy Spirit, as that when we do, we will NOT fulfill the lust of the flesh. So that is good news! I think that you said it well when you said to keep reading, confessing and praying.
Bootsie, your story made me smile. I miss my dog, but I sure don't want another one as long as we are in an apt. Maybe when we get a house, we can have one...that way it will have a yard to run in.
Well, I'm off to finish reading that book. You all have a wonderful night.;)

Ryanne 10-16-2009 08:15 AM

I am sooo happy!

That book was total confirmation for me! I read it all yesterday, and am planning on reading it again today, God Willing!
I am ONE HAPPY GIRL!
I hope this day finds you all well and happy, too!
I want to encourage you to encourage yourselves in the Lord! Remember, the JOY OF THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH!
We are harder on ourselves than God is with us, and HE loves us soooo much and He will help us with anything and everything we need help with. Just ask Him and then receive His help and thank HIM!
He is for you. Who can be against you? Jesus said "Cheer up! In the world you will have trials and tribulation, but I have overcome the world and deprived it of power to harm you!" (The Amplified Bible states the latter, "I have deprived it of power to HARM YOU".
John 16:33 "NIV© "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

So CHEER UP!
Did you know LAUGHTER is like a MEDICINE? It does your heart and body good.
:D:carrot:

Trish: I also like them, too.

JUST FOR A LITTLE LAUGH: My sister sent me an email about the funny things KIDS say in Church. I think you might get a chuckle out of it.

3-year-old Reese :
'Our Father, Who does art in heaven,
Harold is His name.
Amen.'
A little boy was overheard praying:
'Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it.
I'm having a real good time like I am.'
After the christening of his baby brother in church,
Jason sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the car.
His father asked him three times what was wrong.
Finally, the boy replied,
'That preacher said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home,
and I wanted to stay with you guys.'
One particular four-year-old prayed,
'And forgive us our trash baskets
as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets.'
A Sunday school teacher asked her children as they
were on the way to church service,
'And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?'
One bright little girl replied,
'Because people are sleeping.'
A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin 5, and Ryan 3
The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake.
Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson.
'If Jesus were sitting here, He would say,
'Let my brother have the first pancake, I can wait.'
Kevin turned to his younger brother and said,
' Ryan , you be Jesus !'
A father was at the beach with his children
when the four-year-old son ran up to him,
grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore
where a seagull lay dead in the sand..
'Daddy, what happened to him?' the son asked.
'He died and went to Heaven,' the Dad replied.
The boy thought a moment and then said,
'Did God throw him back down?'
Hope this blesses you, it's cute.

And one thing about my youngest son, he is 4 yrs. old. One day I took him walking with me and my husband. He kept complaining that his "feet were tired"...but yet he was running and jumping...then complaining again. I got tired of it, so I thought he would stop saying it if I told him something he wouldn't like, So I told him, "well, if your feet are tired, then I guess you need a nap, maybe daddy should take you home so you can have a nap." He looked at me, and said, "Oh, Mama, MY FEET are tired MY FACE isn't tired, I don't need a nap!" LOL :)

pattygirl63 10-16-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2972517)
And it was right on time. I am almost done reading it, and will read it again. I think I will read it every couple of weeks for a while, then at the beginning of every month...just to stay up on all of it.
I am enjoying it so much. It is confirmation to me that the way I am eating is right

Ryanne I have been in my book all afternoon and I had forgotten all those things. I actually used to do those things that Joyce said to do and I was losing weight. I even saw some things that I marked but don't really remember them at all. Why didn't get some of those things. Like when you exercise regularly that it can keep your metabolism working for at least a couple of days. That gives me a whole new attitude about exercise and also tells me why I did so well back then with my weight loss. I exercised 20 minutes 3 days a week which she says is enough to keep our metabolism revved up. I read somewhere that was not enough and I can't do more because of my back so I just gave up and quit. Obviously they were wrong, because Joyce wouldn't lie to us. I am reading in the chapter about Balance now. I think I am going to get more balanced food and balance in my life. I can do that and still stay low carb, just have to choose quality carbs.

I loved the jokes Ryanne. Thanks for sharing them.

Bootsie Hope things are going well for you.

Y'all have a great evening.

Ryanne 10-16-2009 07:55 PM

Isn't it funny how we can forget things like that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2973755)
Ryanne I have been in my book all afternoon and I had forgotten all those things. I actually used to do those things that Joyce said to do and I was losing weight. I even saw some things that I marked but don't really remember them at all. Why didn't get some of those things. Like when you exercise regularly that it can keep your metabolism working for at least a couple of days. That gives me a whole new attitude about exercise and also tells me why I did so well back then with my weight loss. I exercised 20 minutes 3 days a week which she says is enough to keep our metabolism revved up. I read somewhere that was not enough and I can't do more because of my back so I just gave up and quit. Obviously they were wrong, because Joyce wouldn't lie to us. I am reading in the chapter about Balance now. I think I am going to get more balanced food and balance in my life. I can do that and still stay low carb, just have to choose quality carbs.

I know that is one of the things the Holy Spirit does for us is to "remind us" of stuff that we forget. I am really glad to have the book. It does make sense. I am rereading it tonight, then will put it on a shelf and go back to it, like I said, to stay refreshed in those areas.:chin::book2:

Ryanne 10-16-2009 08:15 PM

An invitation:

I would like to extend an invitation for anyone who would like to post here, to go ahead and do so. The only thing I don't want is arguments over doctrine or coming against someone's faith. This is a place for encouragement. It is a place for in depth discussion of the Lord and the things He does in our lives, so I don't want any strife or bashing. If you would like to post and have fun in a peaceful way, you are welcome to post. :)

pattygirl63 10-16-2009 08:19 PM

I thought I would tell you a little about myself. I was born and raised in Waco, TX and lived many places in TX over the years. I lived in Dallas area for a number of years and married my first husband when I was 19. When we were 21, he had a staff infection and pneumonia that killed a lot of people that year and he was one of them. When I was 27 yrs old, I married my old sweetheart that I dated when I was in Junior High and High school. We were married for almost 31 years and he had congestive heart failure and died in November, 2000 the Monday before Thanksgiving. He was probably the love of my life and my very best friend as well. We raised 2 sons and a daughter together and also her 3 children. I have 3 grandchildren 2 boys and a girl and 2 great grands. I miss them a lot because one son lives between Galveston and Houston in Webster. My other son used to live in Dallas area, but we all lost touch with him because his wife doesn't like any of us. My daughter and her companion and his son lives in Arkansas. Her children live in Waco area except one son lives in Japan the last I heard while in the Navy.

In 2002, I met my present husband online through ChristiaNet.com. He lived in southeat FL at the time. He and his wife were married 31 years and she died in Sept, 2000 two months before my husband passed away. We dated on the telephone every night, all night long most nights. I used to say I had to marry him to get some rest, because we would talk on the phone all night and then I would get a quick nap and then get up and go to work. The important thing to me was that Tony is a born again Christian. We talked things out and I finally decided that I had raised my grandchildren and enjoyed them, but Tony's grandchildren were little so when we decided to marry I moved to FL. God really blessed me with his grandchildren especially the ones who live in FL. They knew right off that I wasn't trying to take the place of their Grandmother and they were allowed to talk to me any time they want to especially the son who remembers her. They called me Nannie from the moment they met me. The cute thing that happened the night I met them was that Tyler came to me and whispered to me "Do you know about my Meemaw?" I said, "I sure do and and I know how close you were to her and how much you loved her." I told him that I had been that close to my Grandmother and I missed her too. I said "So any time you want to talk about her you can talk to me about her". We've had a very special relationship ever since then. He is a precious Christian young man. Tony's son and his wife and 2 children live in IN.

Well, Tony's Mom who lived with us died and we moved to SC with the plan that when his daughter and her children could that they would move here. Obviously God had other plans because she married a man who would love to move here but can't leave his son who lives with his ex-wife.

My 86 year old Daddy and his 82 year old wife live in TX. My Mama who was my best friend other than hubby bill, went to live in Heaven in Sept, 1992. I still miss her and being able to talk to her. I have 2 sisters who live in TX and I miss all of my family but Tony trys to take me back home to visit every 2 years. Don't know if I'll be able to do that next year with the economy like it is.

I love SC because it is almost like being back home with the 4 seasons. I love my church, but I miss having family around especially for the holidays.

So that is my story in a nutshell.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

pattygirl63 10-16-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2973810)
I know that is one of the things the Holy Spirit does for us is to "remind us" of stuff that we forget. I am really glad to have the book. It does make sense. I am rereading it tonight, then will put it on a shelf and go back to it, like I said, to stay refreshed in those areas.:chin::book2:

I think I am going to do like you said in another post. I'm going to read it over and over again, because it does make so much sense. Her ideas are so similar to Intuitive Eating along with balance and healthy eating etc.

Ryanne 10-16-2009 09:42 PM

Trish, Thank You...

Thank you for sharing your story. Isn't it amazing how God leads us? I'm glad you have Tony and that his family loves you.
It's very difficult to go through the hard times, and thank God he helps us to be able to smile and enjoy life once again. Sometimes the hurt is still there, I know, but God is sooo merciful.
I'm glad I can enjoy life once again.
I'm so glad you are here with me and that I have you for a friend.
:hug:

About Eat and Stay thin: Yes Joyce is very practical and God does have a specific way he wants each of us to eat.
I think it's good that she stresses "eat freely of the things "GOD" created". That is very helpful, although we can treat ourselves once in a while to something that isn't really of nutritional value, it is good to eat good healthy foods most of the time.

Ryanne 10-17-2009 01:36 PM

Good Morning!

Bootsie, wondering if you are okay. Computer still giving you problems?
Trish, It blessed me to hear your testimony.
Well, this morning, I am cleaning house, doing laundry and confessing Scriptures. I went out for a walk this morning, very chilly but beautiful.
God is so Good.
Well, I guess I will get off the computer and finish up my chores. Husband will be home for lunch soon.
Have a nice Saturday! :sunny:

pattygirl63 10-17-2009 04:02 PM

Just a quick flyby to say hi. I got a lot of my laundry done last night even things I usually do on Saturday. This morning I got up and did the things I usually wash on Sunday night after church. I'm thankful to have that done, but I have a lot of house work to do to get my house ready for the holidays. You know that cleaning that we put off doing. Hubby had to go pick up his meds so I went with him to do that too.

Got my devotionals and Bible study done and read some more in Joyce's book. You know I'm just trying to do what she said and keep things balanced. Eat when I'm hungry and stop when statisfied. Ryanne, when you started reading the book, did you feel like it was almost all new to you? There were so many things that I had marked back when I first got the book that I had totally forgotten. Although I low carbed even back then and lost weight I have to say that I lost a lot of that weight doing things she suggested in this book.

Bootsie I hope you are doing okay.

Y'all have a blessed weekend.

Ryanne 10-17-2009 06:56 PM

Yes, Trish,

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2974740)
Ryanne, when you started reading the book, did you feel like it was almost all new to you? There were so many things that I had marked back when I first got the book that I had totally forgotten. Although I low carbed even back then and lost weight I have to say that I lost a lot of that weight doing things she suggested in this book.

There were some things I had quite forgotten and some things that I remembered. When I read this before I had lost quite a bit of weight, too, and then went back.
This time I have a different "take" on a lot of it, since God has grown me up some and some of the things make more sense to me now.
I don't think the book is the same as the one I had back then, because I was wanting to refresh in some areas and they weren't in the book. There may be another book out there somewhere or possibly it was on cd that could be possible...because sometimes her teaching cd's are way different than the books.
Anyway, it was some "new" things that I really don't remember and some things I did remember....that is the importance of staying "refreshed" in areas.
We, as humans, forget stuff.
I am glad it was confirmation to me.
Well, have a good evening. :hug:

pattygirl63 10-17-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2974916)
There were some things I had quite forgotten and some things that I remembered. When I read this before I had lost quite a bit of weight, too, and then went back.
This time I have a different "take" on a lot of it, since God has grown me up some and some of the things make more sense to me now.
I don't think the book is the same as the one I had back then, because I was wanting to refresh in some areas and they weren't in the book. There may be another book out there somewhere or possibly it was on cd that could be possible...because sometimes her teaching cd's are way different than the books.
Anyway, it was some "new" things that I really don't remember and some things I did remember....that is the importance of staying "refreshed" in areas.
We, as humans, forget stuff.
I am glad it was confirmation to me.
Well, have a good evening. :hug:

There are so many good things that I did 7 years ago when I lost most of this weight. I made it a habit to eat what I wanted but moderately. Never stuffed or overate because I hated the feeling. To teach myself that I didn't have to eat everything on my plate, I would leave just one bite on my plate. I don't know where I got the idea I had to eat it all. I asked Daddy a while back about it because I don't remember them making us eat all the food on our plates and he said "No, they never had that rule". I think that must have come from a time when my first husband was living. There were times when we had plenty of food and then there were times we didn't have much at all. I think when you go hungry that it makes you overeat when you do have food. Also there was a time when married to my 2nd husband and the children were little, that I had $20 a week to feed the 5 of us and I would see to it that they had food since Bill worked and the kids were in school. I didn't work out of the home so I didn't very much. When we got to where food was plentiful, I ate too much and then the yo-yo dieting started.

Could you have been thinking of her book Look Great Feel Great 12 Keys to Enjoying a Healthy Life Now. I just looked at it and the book we are reading now seems to tell us why we do certain overeat etc. I just got the other book out and just from looking at the Table of Contents, it seems to tell us things we need to do to be healthy. So maybe it was the one you were thinking of. I plan to finish reading Eat & Stay Thin book tomorrow or Monday. I don't know if we are having Bible study tomorrow night or not, if not I will finish it tomorrow and then start the Look Great Feel Great book Monday.

I'm still watching the carbs although I am adding in good carbs moderately and then eating more fruits, veggies and protiein. I realize that it is important to have the balance of good foods.

I don't catch you tomorrow. Have a wonderfully, blessed Sunday and I will be back Monday.

Ryanne 10-18-2009 07:49 AM

You may be right...

It very well could be that book, Trish. I used to have most of her books, and some of the teaching cd's...so you may be right, anyway, I am gleaning a lot of good out of this book. I am watching sat fats, too much salt and too much sugar.
One thing I wanted to mention, is the drinking of water. Yesterday, I was searching for something about Kenneth Copeland, and came across something else, but it was about water, which stated that being dehydrated can cause dizziness. So anyway, basically, it said about drinking the 8 glasses of water per day, but then it said something about drinking an extra 2 glasses of water for every 25 lbs. you are overweight. Anyways, I went and got a 33 oz. water bottle, and figured I will drink 3 of those per day...I will make sure I drink 33 oz. in the morning, another 33 oz. in the afternoon and another 33 oz. in the evening. I KNOW I haven't been drinking enough water.
" When you are led by the Holy Spirit you won't fulfill the lust of the flesh." I like this.
I ask Him to help me to be led by Him.
Well, I will probably be back on later. Have a GREAT DAY!!!:D

pattygirl63 10-18-2009 04:44 PM

Ryanne, thanks for sharing about the water. I must not have drank enough yesterday. I got up this morning and felt dizzy and wondered what in the world was going on. Had to just stand stand there a few minutes to let adjust to feeling normal again. I had been sleeping harder than usually so it could have been a combination. I usually drink at least 2 or 3 32 oz bottles of water everyday besides the other things that I drink.

I finished Eat and Stay Thin and started reading the Introduction in the other book. Very enlighting. It is so interesting to learn how much God wants to help us do this. I don't know why I always thought God would help me with other problems I had, but never thought of Him wanting to work with me in this area as well. What a wonderful revelation this has been.

Quote:

" When you are led by the Holy Spirit you won't fulfill the lust of the flesh." I like this. I ask Him to help me to be led by Him.
Amen! Must have been the scripture for today. I read this during devotional this morning. We need to remember who we really are because of Who lives inside of us.

Have a great evening, Sister.

Ryanne 10-18-2009 07:18 PM

I just want to tell you guys how much I appreciate you and love you!

And YES, GOD WANTS TO HELP US AND HE DOES HELP US!!! IF He is for us, then who can be against us???? NO ONE! God is in control and we can TRUST HIM!!!:carrot:

pattygirl63 10-18-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2976225)
And YES, GOD WANTS TO HELP US AND HE DOES HELP US!!! IF He is for us, then who can be against us???? NO ONE! God is in control and we can TRUST HIM!!!:carrot:

AMEN!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

Ryanne 10-19-2009 12:38 PM

Because of Jesus!

Because of Jesus we were put into right-standing with God. We were made whole and loosed. Everything is past tense, because it is already done! Speak words of faith! IT IS FINISHED! By HIS STRIPES YE WERE HEALED! Start speaking life and faith to your bodies.
It is already done, you are already free. You are free to make your decision to follow the Holy Spirit and not your mere flesh.
You are free to make good choices. You are free! Whom the LORD HAS SET FREE is FREE INDEED! You are free indeed!
Walk and live in your freedom! Healing is not something you need to "get"...it is already done. Thank God that you already are healed and free and that your body is in line with the WORD OF GOD!
Peace and be Still.... God is in control. He made your body and sure knows how to fix it! He loves us a very lot!!!
;):D:grouphug::dancer:

pattygirl63 10-19-2009 05:31 PM

That is so true Ryanne. This morning in my Bible reading time I was reading where the priest told David "Don't stay in the stronghold". As I read that, I remember how we used to wonder what a stronghold and how we got free from it. It was as if the Lord spoke to me and said "Don't stay in this stronghold any longer". What and where is the stronghold. The stronghold is in my mind. For 44+ years, I have lived in the stronghold of "diet" thinking food all the time.

As we begin to renew our minds by reading, studying, speaking and meditating on the Word of God, we are being loosed from the stronghold Satan has had on us. That is how Jesus sets us free, through our faith in His Word. I also believe that if we have no faith or very little when we first start speaking that Word that it won't matter. Because God promised that His Word would not return to Him void, I believe that the more that we speak the Word concerning our weight or any other problem that eventually that Word will take route in our hearts and become fruitful to do what it is sent forth to do.

Hope you're having a great day.

Ryanne 10-19-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2977856)
That is so true Ryanne. This morning in my Bible reading time I was reading where the priest told David "Don't stay in the stronghold". As I read that, I remember how we used to wonder what a stronghold and how we got free from it. It was as if the Lord spoke to me and said "Don't stay in this stronghold any longer". What and where is the stronghold. The stronghold is in my mind. For 44+ years, I have lived in the stronghold of "diet" thinking food all the time.

As we begin to renew our minds by reading, studying, speaking and meditating on the Word of God, we are being loosed from the stronghold Satan has had on us. That is how Jesus sets us free, through our faith in His Word. I also believe that if we have no faith or very little when we first start speaking that Word that it won't matter. Because God promised that His Word would not return to Him void, I believe that the more that we speak the Word concerning our weight or any other problem that eventually that Word will take route in our hearts and become fruitful to do what it is sent forth to do.

Hope you're having a great day.

Here is something from Joyce Meyer on her Healing Scriptures...You can get this on her website. It's free.

"Proverbs 4:20-22 says, My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not*depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life to those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (KJV)

The Hebrew word for “health” in verse 22 is “medicine.” God’s Word is medicine to all our flesh. Isaac Leeser’s translation of Exodus 15:26 reads, I the Lord am thy physician. The medicine He*prescribes is His Word.

Many make the mistake of substituting belief in healing for the actual taking of God’s*medicine – His Word. They say, “I believe in*healing” without actually taking the*medicine. What good would*it do for you to believe in food if you didn’t eat it? You would*starve. What good would it do*for*you to believe in water if*you didn’t actually drink*any? You would die of thirst.

God’s Word is His medicine. There are several parallels between God’s medicine and natural medicine.

First: God’s Word is a healing agent, just as natural medicine is a healing agent or catalyst. In other*words, the medicine itself contains the capacity to produce healing. Inherent within God’s Word is the capacity, the energy, the ability, and the nature to effect healing in your body."

Then she says: The Word itself contains the power to produce what it says. Just as when God said, “Let there be light” and there was light, healing Scriptures contain within them the capacity to produce healing.

The key to partaking of the life and healing energy in the Word is feeding on it until it penetrates your spirit where it deposits that life and energy.

Second: We might say that medicine is no respector of persons. It will work for anyone who takes*it. It is not a matter of if God is willing or not willing to heal any individual, but whether or*not the*individual will receive healing by taking the medicine that produces it.

Third, and most important: Medicine must be taken according to directions to be effective. Some medicine labels read, “Take internally”; others say, “Take externally.” To*rub it on your body*externally when the directions say to take it internally will not work. To take it after meals when the directions say take it before meals will reduce its effectiveness. To take it once in a while*when the directions say three times a day will mean limited results, if any. No matter how good the medicine is, it must be taken according to the directions or it won’t work. So it is with God’s medicine. It must be taken according to directions for it to*work. The directions for taking God’s medicine are found in:

Proverbs 4:20-21 – Attend to them, incline your ear to them, don’t let them depart from before your eyes, and keep them in the midst of your heart.

We might say that attending to them, inclining your ear to them, and*keeping them before your eyes*causes the Word to get into the midst of your heart. Notice this: It is only as God’s Words get*in the*midst of your heart and stay there that they produce healing in your body. Head knowledge won’t do. They are going to have to penetrate to your spirit through meditation – attending, hearing, looking, muttering, musing, pondering – to produce healing in your*body. But*once they do penetrate, they will surely bring health*to all your flesh. … let them penetrate deep within your heart. (Living Bible)

You can see again that God’s way of healing is spiritual. Power is ministered first to your spirit,*then distributed to your body. God’s medicine must be taken internally. Listen, instead of*wondering whether you have enough faith to be healed, just take the medicine. This handout contains Healing Scriptures. Feed on them several times a day, repeating them over and over again*to yourself. The medicine itself will work if you will get it inside of you.

Fourth: Remember that it takes time for medicine to work. Most people give natural medicine a*lot*of time, patience, and money to work. They take the prescription back for refills and more refills. They are diligent about it. They don’t just take one dose and expect a miracle. Keep taking God’s medicine. Give it time to work.

Take your medicine. Say these Scriptures to yourself. Think on what you’re saying in your heart. Use them in praise to the Father. His Word is medicine to all your flesh.

***Here is a link*** http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistr...%3E&print=true

Ryanne 10-20-2009 11:06 AM

This is from the book "Eat and Stay Thin" by Joyce Meyer.

I like this and I thought it would be helpful to others.

Part 2: The Truth Will Make You Free!
Pg. 59 Lack of Knowledge
In regard to eating, lack of knowledge leads to poor food choices. Food with high fat, salt , calorie and cholesterol content is the culprit behind many an overweight body. Many people overeat or become overweight simply because they don't have proper understanding of what they are putting in their bodies. They fill themselves with foods that have no nutritional value so they do not satisfy their real hunger.
Pg. 60 As a result they go around constantly looking for something to eat because they don't feel satisfied.
GET EDUCATED!
1 Cor. 10:1 "For I don't want you to be ignorant..." KNOW what you are putting in your body! Eat foods that satisfy you instead of eating great quantities of what you consider "diet foods" that leave you hungry.
Pg. 61 It is amazing what you will turn down if you will just start reading the labels to see what you are about to put in your body. Yet many people eat all kinds of things like that and never even bother to read the label. That is part of what God means when He says that His people are destroyed because of a lack of knowledge.
Pg. 62 GET OFF THE DIET-GO-ROUND!
2 Pet 2:19 "...a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him."
Pg. 63 You are supposed to do normal things. You are supposed to eat balanced meals, you are supposed to eat a little bit of everything you need without overdoing it. You are supposed to exercise enough to burn off what you eat so it doesn't just stay on you.
Healthy eating is the key. If you have to go around with food on your mind all the time, counting everything you eat, and worrying about everything you eat, that is bondage.
Pg. 65 It doesn't matter how thin a person is, if you have food on your mind all the time, you are in bondage just as much as if you have to count every calorie that goes into your mouth.
The real issue is not thin versus fat, it is bondage versus freedom. God does not want His children to be in bondage to anything. That's why He sent His Son, Jesus, to set us free. John 8:36 says that "Whom the Son has set free is free indeed!"
Pg. 66 GET YOUR MIND OFF FOOD!
Rom. 8:14 "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." As Christians we are free to be led by the Spirit, not by the latest fad diet.
Pg. 67 We need to get educated and STAY INFORMED about food and proper nutrition.
Just as we turn to the Bible when we start getting into trouble with anger or some other harmful emotion, so we have to return to good books on nutrition to return to what we know about proper eating habits. Stay educated and stay confident."

I thought that would be helpful and practical. I know for me, it makes sense to eat when I am hungry and to choose something nutritious so that I don't just feel hungry or unsatisfied. The nutritious things are things our bodies can actually use, and not just have to store, because there is no nutritional value.
Once in a while I like chocolate, well I don't eat it every day or even that often, but when I do, I choose a good dark chocolate that would have a lot of antioxidants and monounsaturated fat value.
I wouldn't choose milk chocolate. (Although I might have something for a "treat once in a great while".
But you see what I mean? Anyway, hope this helps you as it did me.

pattygirl63 10-20-2009 01:18 PM

Ryanne Great posts. Isn't it wonderfully, marvelous that our Father God had given us the answers to ALL of our problems and they were there in front of us all the time.

I was thinking this morning about how many times I went to church where I was told what I was supposed to do or should do to be a Christian, but know one ever told me how to do it. My life went to **** in a hand basket for years while I tried with all my might to live like I thought I was supposed to live only to fall flat on my face. I saw so many people in church who taught all these things, but they were not living a successful Christian life either. If I had not loved the Lord so strongly, I would have given up.

I bless the day that God brought ministers like Kenneth E. Hagin, Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis and Creflo Dollar. These people changed my life when I learned that I could change my life by confessing the Word and speaking according to the Word of God. It helps to also realize that as we submit our lives to God, He will work the changes in us. Jesus actually helps us change because we cannot do it on our own no matter how much we try.

My heart went out to the Father today as I thought of all the times that I cried out to God because I wanted to stop doing things I knew didn't please him but didn't know how. I know there are many people out there who probably born again as I was, but had no power to live the life God wanted me to live. Then I realized, I had the power in me because I was born again. I just didn't know I had the power and wouldn't have known how to use it if I had known that I had it. I pray that God will lead those people to those who can help them so they don't have to go down the path I did.

What a difference it makes when "We know the truth as it really does set us free".

I see we have a lot of lurkers. Please feel free to jump in and share your thoughts with us and what the Lord has taught you.

Have a blessed day Everybody.

Ryanne 10-20-2009 01:52 PM

Trish,

I completely understand what you are saying, but you know what, I believe that we learn as God intends us to. I was struggling, too, and I did find Joyce Meyer and others, but I had so many problems, that looking back, I can see that I have changed from glory to glory.
We can't handle everything all at once, and God is good to help us learn what we need to learn when we need to learn it.
I had many Christian people in my life who were not helpful, even though they tried to be, "I think"...but it was hard when they would tell me that I was "doing it wrong" and would point out my faults and what needed to change and if they would have just understood that THEY are not the Holy Spirit, it could have saved me a lot of pain and anguish. BUT it helps me in how I deal with people. I pray for God to speak through me and give me HIS words, because I really want to be careful to not hinder others or break their spirit.
I still don't do everything right, and looking back at my path, I have had times of being really in the word, and times of being dry and making a lot of mistakes and doing bad things, and then coming back and going, HELP ME GOD, but I never left Him and He never left me, it was just life. We don't know what we are doing sometimes, but God is so merciful, and if I can relay one thing that will save anyone some of the trouble I went through, it is this JESUS IS OUR DAILY BREAD... and HE IS THE VINE AND I AM A BRANCH...OF MYSELF I CAN DO NOTHING, BUT I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.
I pray I never forget to have Jesus as my Daily Bread. I NEED HIM more than I need anything else! :hug:

The way to have Jesus as your daily bread is by reading your Bible, or another faith filled book, or praying, or listening to Christian Music, or praising or worshiping, or by meditating on the Word, or by Confessing Scriptures, or just being aware of what He is doing in our lives. There are no set rules, no specific amount of time, just be free to worship Him. We were created to have fellowship with God, and that is what He wants. We can talk to Him just like we talk to anybody else. You can even laugh with Him, He can be a lot of fun, and God does have a sense of humor...if He didn't he sure wouldn't have made "MONKEYS"....LOL... God loves us so much and he is not mad at you. He sent Jesus to die for us, because He knew that we couldn't do it ourselves.
He loves us so much, and once you take Jesus as your Savior, you are free.
God already knows everything we ever did, anything we are doing now, and anything we ever will do, and He has already approved us! If we will repent, He is faithful to forgive us. He sure doesn't want us to be hindered from BOLDLY coming to His throne through Jesus...and spending time with our Daddy. He wants us to know He loves us so much and is not MAD at us.

pattygirl63 10-20-2009 04:29 PM

AMEN SO TRUE!!! Ryanne!!! His Love and Compassion is beyond comprehension. I remember one time I was in a situation that I just couldn't handle and could not get out of. I knew I was wrong and needed out of it so I ran to the Lord and told Him. "I love You Lord and I don't want to do anything that does not please You, but I can't seem to change it because sometimes I don't want out. I need You to help me to get out of this sin and stop it". I really didn't have the revelation about the flesh at that time. I know that I know that I actually heard the Lord say to me in my spirit, "You keep reading your Bible, praying and spending time with me and I will take care of it" which is exactly what happened. I kept doing all the other things right that I knew to do, suddenly one day He changed my whole situation and He actually rescued me from it. There is nothing like His Love and Goodness toward us. God is so good to us and I believe that He will go to whatever length He has to and do what is needed to change whatever needs to be changed if we will just ask Him and trust Him to do it. And He does it just because He love us and we love Him. That is what Jesus went to Calvary for... to rescue us from sin and to set us free. Praise God!!!

This gives me the confidence that He is doing that with my eating. When I quit smoking, I really didn't go through any problems. I was pregnant and I knew it wasn't good for the baby so I just quit. When I miscarried and lost the baby, there was no desire to go back to smoking. It was just gone. I never was a big drinker, but I would have a drink on special occasions especially with my deceased husbands family. One time when we were at his Mothers for a Christmas party, his aunt asked if I wanted a drink and I said no. It really wasn't a spiritual decision and it didn't bother me that they were drinking. In fact, I was more surprised than anyone. The desire just wasn't there. I used to confess the scripture in Psalm 103:1 thru 5. One day as I confessed "He satisfies my mouth with good things so that my youth is restored like the eagles" and I realized that I could believe for Him to give me the desire for food that is good for me. That is what I am trusting Him to do now. As I thought of Him suddenly taking away the desire for smoking and drinking, it came to me that while He can change my desire for the right kinds of foods that He can also take away the desire for junk foods.

He makes things sooooo Simple. We are the ones who makes things so complicated.

Ryanne 10-20-2009 10:48 PM

So true!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2979461)
I used to confess the scripture in Psalm 103:1 thru 5. One day as I confessed "He satisfies my mouth with good things so that my youth is restored like the eagles" and I realized that I could believe for Him to give me the desire for food that is good for me. That is what I am trusting Him to do now. As I thought of Him suddenly taking away the desire for smoking and drinking, it came to me that while He can change my desire for the right kinds of foods that He can also take away the desire for junk foods.

He makes things sooooo Simple. We are the ones who makes things so complicated.

Yes, He does make it simple, and I like what you said about this, because it is just what I needed to hear. We are the ones who make things so complicated, we do sometimes forget the Simplicity that is in Christ.
I remember when I didn't have the desire to drink or do other things, so I am standing on this for myself right now, too. Thank you, Trish. :)

Ryanne 10-21-2009 12:49 AM

Bootsie,

I hope you are doing good, I'm guessing you're just having computer trouble...can't wait to hear from you!:hug:

pattygirl63 10-21-2009 08:11 AM

Good Morning,

A quick flyby as I'm headed out to BSF this morning. Catch you later today. Have a great day!

Ryanne 10-21-2009 12:17 PM

I want to thank you all for your prayers.

As I mentioned in the prayer thread, my mother went home to be with the Lord this morning at 2:30am. I want to thank "my family" here at 3FC for your support and prayers. I love you all. Have a blessed day. :grouphug:

pattygirl63 10-21-2009 02:04 PM

Ryanne Prayers and thought coming your way.

Bootsie I hope all is well with you.

Well, I went to BSF today and one of the Principles and the questions asked along with it were "The fruit of belief in Jesus is a change in focus from self to Jesus". Is there any competition between you and Jesus? Where does He want to be the boss, but you haven't let Him?

Boy I immediately thought of my way of eating and losing weight. Self on the throne of the way I eat? Have I been refusing to give Jesus the throne concerning my eating? Do I really want that position myself? Jesus wants to sit on the throne of my heart when it comes to the way I eat. Am I willing to change and give Him that position? Or am I trying to keep Self on the throne in that area of my life. I NEVER would have thought of it that way. WHAT AN EYE OPENING REVELATION!!! Somewhere I heard that when God shines His Light on an area in our life that He is ready to change it. So today I believe the question is... Am I willing and ready to give Him the throne and let Him be Lord of my eating so He can change me?

Well, the answer is that I sure have not been handling things very well on my own. In fact, I've made a mess of things trying to do it my way. And I've certainly learned that I cannot do it on my own. On my own, even doing it the world's way has failed miserable. However, I also know and am confident that through Jesus Christ, I can do all things even give Him the throne so He can teach me His way for me to eat and lose weight. And yes I will even need His help so that I will not only allow Him the throne in this area, but I'll need Him to help me to keep Him there. So today I make that decision to give Him the throne and let Him be Lord of the way I eat. I know it will be a process, but when I do it His way there will eventually be success.

Ryanne 10-21-2009 07:29 PM

That was a good lesson.

My goal, too, is to let Him be the Lord of my Life and in CONTROL. I love Him and know that He wants what is best for me and I can trust Him.
We are victorious, because it is already done, and when doubt comes to my mind, I have to shake it off and know the Lord is For ME! :hug:

pattygirl63 10-21-2009 10:42 PM

Yes, I agree. Till tomorrow.

Ryanne 10-22-2009 03:53 PM

I read something today that I wanted to share...

"Many of us have felt that something was missing in our lives, and we thought to fill it with food. If we're not feeding on Jesus, no matter how much we stuff ourselves with food, we don't have life! We're not only missing something from our lives, we are missing life itself!"

(***This is from Setting Captives Free website...I did this study a long long time ago, it's called The Lord's Table. I don't know that I recommend it, I am just going back through it to see if there was anything to glean.
I wouldn't suggest the diet portion, and some of the context is a little hard/harsh, I believe that we are harder on ourselves than what God is...so I strongly encourage only really mature Christians to read this, because it can be a bit overwhelming.
But nonetheless, there are a few things to glean.***)

But the truth here is that when we do feed on Jesus, the physical food seems to lose it's pull.
I hope you all are doing well today. I will check back in later. ;)