3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Born Again Christian Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/183254-born-again-christian-support.html)

Kelli 10-09-2009 10:13 PM

Hello Ladies!!

Ryann, I am so glad you are feeling better. Man you are really having to depend on God. Thank God He is dependable. If your like me, I feel like when I am in a struggle or trial that I just stumble around all over the place, than I look back and see how God worked through it, and am amazed. It seems like such a slow process to us, and it's so hard to trust (anyway for me) but that's how we learn to trust.

Quote:

Joyce Meyer did a study about eating this way
It's funny you guys talk about Joyce Meyer writing a diet book, for so many years I have kept myself away from "diet" books because I had tried so many before... but now that I am basically finished with the study (except the editing) Maybe I should look for this book. Is it really the same way of eating???? That is so exciting to me because it's a confirmation.

I know I have talked about Mylissa before... She called tonight and told us she lost her job, so hopefully she will move back in with us, my daughter happens to be going to Salt Lake next week so she could pick her up! Please pray for her. She is so sweet and she loves Jesus, but gets so messed up (she had a tough life). I would love it if she would stay long enough with us to go to college and get a degree... That's her dream.

Love, Kelli

Bootsie 10-09-2009 10:22 PM

Oh Kelli this is my favorite Bible study! I had forgot all about this one till now! Thanks for the free face lift it always made me smile when i read:
“Mama did you know Tayler was playing with the neighbors mouse and didn’t even wash her hands?”
I just love children! I will be praying for Melissa, just talked to my daughter a few minutes ago and we are planning our trip.

Bootsie 10-09-2009 10:30 PM

Kelli it is called Eat & Stay Thin Simple,Spiritual and Satisfying weight Control by Joyce Meyer it was pretty good but at the last she kinda lost me seems like . I guess maybe i need to read it again.I know now what it is that I just did not understand. She is teaching seems like the same way of eating Kelli as you do. Kelli you will like this book. Thank you Ryanne for bringing this book to my attention again, for I never heard of eating what you want till your full till I heard of Intuitive eating . I remember now what was going through my mind at the end , now that don't make a heap of sense to me...it is because at that time i did not understand what she was talking about but now I do! So I am going to read it again!

Ryanne 10-09-2009 11:50 PM

Lol :)

Yes, Bootsie, I am glad that it brought interest to you again. Kelli, as Bootsie said, the book is called Eat and Stay Thin. I really think that you will find the confirmation you are looking for.
I'm glad we all have Joyce in common. She is so down to earth! I just love her and her ministry has helped me more than I will even ever know until I get to heaven.
Bootsie, I, too, have a mouth problem, I think a lot of us do. I have been "practicing" listening twice as much as I talk. Boy it's HARD sometimes....LOL... I love you guys!
Trish, You're so welcome! You are such a blessing!
I had sold my copy, so I just went on Amazon to buy it....lol. Now it's peaked my interest again. I used to have almost every book by her, and ended up selling them at a garage sale or on ebay when I moved. I wish I wouldn't have sold all of it, but God is good...and He will get me what I need. Have a good evening all! :grouphug:

Ryanne 10-10-2009 07:42 AM

Week 2: Day 2:

Week 2 Day 2
Establish Being Occupied With Food and Your Weight Is Idolatry

Day ___________________________ Date ___________________________

Definitions:
Idol: A false God: and object of passionate devotion excessive devotion.
Idolize: to make an idol of, greed selfish desire beyond reason.
Idolatry as, "To put your trust, Love, devotion in anything other than God."

The Neilson Illustrated Bible Dictionary says, “In the New Testament period, the term idolatry began to be used as an intellectual concept. Idolatry became not the actual bowing down before a statue but the replacement of God in the mind of the worshiper.”

Read Colossians 3:5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
Put to death covetousness, which is idolatry. I like how the NIV Bible interprets it: Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires, and greed which is idolatry. What does the word greed mean to you? _________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

The dictionary defines it as a selfish desire beyond reason. When you desire food past the point of satisfaction, you desire food beyond reason. The over eater must understand the vicious nature of idolatry. While we may not make or bow down to a

statue we have to be on guard constantly so we don’t let food and the obsession to be thin come between God and us. As soon as it does it becomes an idol, and being over weight is the evidence.

Some of the synonyms for greed are; gluttony, voracity, ravenousness, hunger and self-indulgence, sound familiar? The Antonym for greed is moderation.

Besides food, idols can be material objects such as houses, land, cars, also people or those whom we love. Objects of worship can even include things like fame, reputation, hobbies, pride and deeds done in the name of the Lord. Any overindulgence i.e. greed is Idolatry. When you over eat you are greedy for more food than you body needs.

Idolatry is a dangerous and deceitful sin. No wonder the prophets preached against it so often and so strongly.

An idol is defined as; a false god on object of passionate devotion. How many times have you hidden food or waited until you were alone to eat and then been angry when you were interrupted. God showed me how greedy and passionately devoted I was to my god one day in a somewhat humorous but sobering way, but before I tell you this story I need to preface it with a confession of a couple of my many weaknesses.

I have a little aversion to germs in food and a terrible phobia of mice. I go into hysterics and panic when I see one.

Now on with my story; My favorite thing to eat in the whole world is warm pecan pie ala mode and I couldn’t wait until the kids went outside to play because I had made a pecan pie, and there were only three pieces left and five people in my family!

By the time my girls finally went outside, I was lusting for my treat. There I was all alone with my love. Even though I wasn’t the slightest bit hungry, I thought I had better steal the chance while I had it.

I lovingly cut a large piece of the delicious treat, put it on a small decorative desert plate and placed it in the microwave and set the time so it would be the perfect temperature, I got the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer. I was thinking about how wonderful the warm pie taste with the cold ice cream. Right on time the microwave beeped signaling my pie was the ideal temperature. I adoringly pulled my sweet prize out and put the frozen ice cream on the pie.

Just then, the front door slamming interrupted the moment I was having with my lover. I immediately got angry with the person who would break up my stolen moment. I decided they were out to get me and came in at this moment just to bug me.

My darling but willful five-year-old, Tayler, came in and climbed up on the stool in front of me saying, “I want a piece.”

Although this made me angry, I held my temper in check, as I was still sane enough to appreciate I was being unreasonable.

I passed her my piece of pie and began to cut another from the pie in the refrigerator.
She decided the perfect piece of pie I had given her was not good enough and started poking it with her tiny finger saying look it’s too hot to eat mama you made it too hot.

My temper was mounting, and my sanity level was plummeting, looking at her petulant face and watching her little finger poking holes all over the thing of my affection. Gritting my teeth, I said, “fine!" and slid the cold piece of pie her direction knowing full well this would not satisfy her.

Soon, we were nose to nose mouths wide open each throwing a doozey of a tantrum, trying to out shout each other, she howling and crying and me yelling.

Finally, I sent her to her room, because I’m the biggest. I sat down determined to eat my pie still fuming.

Looking at what had once been my masterpiece and now was a protuberant lump full of holes, cold pie swimming in warm separated white watery "goo" that used to be ice cream, but I was still determined to eat it, muttering at how she had spoiled everything because now I couldn’t even enjoy my pie—because of the guilt—

I cut a piece with my fork, raised it to my mouth... When my nine year old; who had walked in just before the tantrum episode, and was a witness to the unholy melee said calmly,

“Mama did you know Tayler was playing with the neighbors mouse and didn’t even wash her hands?”
That was it! I totally lost control, I was about to do something Tayler would have been punished for. I raised my fork behind my ear and was getting ready to fling it, when God chose that moment sweetly speaking to my raging heart, in a still, small, un-condemning, voice.
“You love this pie more than you love anything.”

I was so convicted, as I sat there I realized, I had been worshiping, adoring and loving that mess more than my children, and most of all my Lord. I had completely lavished all my love and affection on this god. It was my golden calf and I was worshiping at its feet.

If you give your affection and love to the one who truly deserves it, He will fill your life with joy. Anything you give up he will replace with something better.

Read: Psalm 107:9 For He satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness.

Do you feel satisfied or filled with goodness after you have eaten the forbidden food, and by forbidden, I mean something you eat when you’re not physically hungry, or does it leave you feeling empty and longing for more? You have a hunger for God and are seeking satisfaction else were. Food will never satisfy you. It wall always leave a craving more.

Read I Corinthians 10:14-32 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.

18 Observe Israel after the flesh: Are not those who eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What am I saying then? That an idol is anything, or what is offered to idols is anything? 20 Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons. 22 Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?

23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. 24 Let no one seek his own, but each one the other’s well-being.

25 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no questions for conscience’ sake; 26 for “the earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness.”

27 If any of those who do not believe invites you to dinner, and you desire to go, eat whatever is set before you, asking no question for conscience’ sake. 28 But if anyone says to you, “This was offered to idols,” do not eat it for the sake of the one who told you, and for conscience’ sake; for “the earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness.” 29 “Conscience,” I say, not your own, but that of the other. For why is my liberty judged by another man’s conscience? 30 But if I partake with thanks, why am I evil spoken of for the food over which I give thanks?

31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God,
Write I Corinthians 10:21 __________________________________________________ __

Contemplate this scripture; mull it over in your mind. Write how it makes you feel to think when you overeat you are communing, Fellowshipping, with demons? __***_______________

When I read this passage, it made me sick! The sickening part of this is the objects of worship are actually demons. You can make anything a god, but in doing so you are worshiping or communing with Satan, dictionary.com defines communing as;

1. To converse or talk together, usually with profound intensity, intimacy, etc.; interchange thoughts or feelings.
2. To be in intimate communication or rapport: to commune with nature.
–noun
3. Interchange of ideas or sentiments.

It’s a hard thought to think, but let’s be honest; when I was in such a rage over the pie, I wasn't worshipping God. The object wasn't a threat, the pie isn't dangerous. The danger is the demons associated with the idol.

What do you think verse twenty-three from the above scripture, means when it says: All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify? __________________________________________________ ___________

We have liberty, yes, we are not under the law we can do whatever and still go to heaven. Overeating and the desire to be thin is not a sin in itself (v23 all things are lawful…). What makes a sin a sin is how you feel about it. If you make something an idol, including the desire to be thin, you have placed it above God and are communing with demons.

Read: Mark 12:30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart. It’s your soul that’s hungry not your stomach. Feed it with the Word of God. Go to your true God and worship at His feet. He will satisfy your needy soul.

Read: Psalm 107:1-9

In light of today’s study, what was the scripture or statement in today’s lesson that most spoke to your heart? __________________________________________________ ________

What steps of faith does God want you to take towards Him today? ____________________

Rephrase the scripture or statement into an expression of faith_________________________

Memorize the following scripture this week.

I Corinthians 10: 31 _________, whether you eat or drink, or ________ you do, do all to the ______ of God.

pattygirl63 10-10-2009 08:20 AM

Good Morning Girls,

I found my Joyce Meyer book when I cleaned out an end table. I think everything is in timing. I started reading again. Just read the intro so far, but it goes along so well with Kellie's lessons so I think I'm going to get a double blessing. If I remember right, she does not give a diet to use as she kind of goes more in tune with Intuitive Eating from what I've read so far. I don't know if she tells it in this book or another book of hers called Look Great Feel Great. But she does tell that she has to eat lowcarb for her body type. I think she pretty much seems to feel everyone has to find what works for them. I want to read the 2 again, but start with Eat and Stay Thin first.
I too thank you so much Ryanne for bringing the book to my attention. And I think it is great that we all are so touched by her. She has really touched my life and the life of my "new" family.

When Tony and I married, I kept his grandchildren especially youngest granddaughter. Little did we know that a year or so after we married that their Daddy would leave the family for another woman. Joyce had just come out with her 2 books for children and teens. I purchased the books for the oldest grandson and the oldest daughter. Tyler was becoming a teen and Haley was in elementary school. Her books came out just in time to get them through the breakup of their family and really helped them. Also Battle Field of the Mind was out then and I was able to help them see how :devil: had worked in their Daddy's mind. They heard Joyce Meyer so much from me as I tried to help them through this time. I think the best compliment I ever heard from anyone in my whole life was one day as we were going some where in the car, Tyler said, "Nannie, you could be another Joyce Meyer". I wanted to cry. It is one of my cherished moments with him. How wonderful to have your grandchild (we bonded so I feel totally they are God's gift to me) feel that way about you. He is a remarkable young man. He helps teach and gives testimonies at church and he an a young Christian girl he has met in high school have started a group in their school to help new Christians learn how to walk with Jesus and live their Christian life. I tell him all the time that his "real" grandmother who went to heaven 2 years before Tony and I met and married, would be so proud of him. I believe she prays for him even in heaven.

Bootsie It is so good to hear from you and I do pray that things get worked out with your computer problems.

Kellie Again thank you so much. And I will be praying for your
Mylissa. I don't know her situation, I'm sure she will get things worked out. She has you to guide her. Sometimes it takes a while. It took me a while to get my life straightened out, but is so Good to always be there to guide and help us.

Got to get to my Devotional time and read next lesson. So will be back later to share what speaks to me.

Later.

Ryanne 10-10-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2964243)
23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. 24 Let no one seek his own, but each one the other’s well-being.

31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

The thing that I am most impressed with today is the above. I know that I need to be the one who tells my body what it is going to do and not give it a chance to explain what it wants. I am not interested in what my flesh wants. It's not helpful to me.
I get to decide and I tell my body what it is going to do...like an athlete, I treat it roughly and make it do what it should.
I have a story: I have been gaining weight this week, every morning for three days, I watched it creep up pound by pound...then today I stepped on the scale and it was up two more pounds!!! Arrrghhh, so I was like "GOD WHAT IS GOING ON HERE????!!!!" I was saying, I'm not snacking between meals and then I felt like He was telling me I was. Well, I haven't been "eating" I have been drinking MILK and not just milk, but milk with malt flavor, milk with chocolate flavor, milk with strawberry flavor...etc...and grape juice...etc... I had been "drinking my snacks" and I know my body doesn't handle sugar well, so I got rid of the flavors I put in the milk, and will only drink milk with meals if I want it...Wow.
Also, God showed me that I have been eating too much salt, which I am NOT supposed to do, and my fingers were swollen and hurting, now I know that I have been being led to drink more water, and I drank more milk...and I was also getting a check about the salt, and did it my own way in the name of "liberty"...well...it just goes to show that God does know our bodies, just like I had so much trouble with the artificial sweetener in the diet soda. Hmmmm....my eating and "drinking" need to glorify God, and if I am doing things that harm my body, that is NOT glorifying God. So today, I threw out the "baked lays" that I bought, and I threw away the flavorings, and I will make this weeks menu and make my body eat what it should. I was going to keep the malted stuff around for my son, but God showed me that he doesn't need all that sugar, either! LOL... wow... I know I will be asking His help in making my menu and grocery list and to bless my shopping. The Bible says to not make provision to fulfill the lust of my flesh, and just as Trish said, I will not be bringing those things into my home again.
Wow, God is sooooo good!!! So, My FREEDOM my LIBERTY is in being able to follow the Spirit and not being subject to my flesh, but that my flesh is subject to ME! I GET TO CHOOSE, I GET TO DECIDE!!! That is true liberty! Not to fulfill the lust of the flesh is my liberty. For me, sugar begets sugar, salt begets salt, but also, water begets water, and vegies beget vegies...etc.
Well, I need to go get the laundry out of the dryers and get it all folded and or hung up, and I need to run to the grocery for this week's supply, so I will be back on later. I'm so glad that you guys are here. :D

pattygirl63 10-10-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Wow, God is sooooo good!!! So, My FREEDOM my LIBERTY is in being able to follow the Spirit and not being subject to my flesh, but that my flesh is subject to ME! I GET TO CHOOSE, I GET TO DECIDE!!! That is true liberty!
Ryanne We are thinking along the same lines. Let me share a quote from Joyce Meyer's book Eat and Stay Thin page 28 "In God's terms, freedom does not mean the liberty to give in to the desires of the flesh. It means the liberty to be led by the Holy Spirit. Roman's 8:12 - 14." I like the title of her first chapter "The Flesh Wants to do Crazy Things".

Boy does that fit with today's lesson. What really stood out to me when I studied this before was greed. I never thought of overeating or even eating what my body cannot tolerate would fall under greed. My story.

For many years I ate low carb and I lost almost 70 lbs. to get rid of diabetes 2. Then I started gradually adding more and more carbs. The Holy Spirit would impress on me that I needed to get back to low carbing, but I just ignored it. Oh I would try, but there are so many carby foods that I "my flesh" craved. Now, once in a while when I was faithfully doing low carb, I could have a carby foods like when we celebrated a special occasion I would plan ahead of time what I wanted. I learned this from a book I read of a woman who wrote how she lost weight doing low carb. She said if you didn't make it a regular habit that you could do that and not gain or continue losing depending on where you are in the process. But I got greedy. I wanted more and more carby foods. When I was working the plan it worked great.

The Holy Spirit has been strongly impressing on me that I need to get back to my lowcarbing. When I learned about the gluten intolerance, I was impressed with the thought that when you low carb, you don't eat grains thus no problem with gluten. The Holy Spirit knew this and He has been trying to lead me, but I wasn't listening.

This morning, I did start back on lowcarb. And then I read the lesson. When we eat more than we are supposed to eat of anything and when we eat foods that are harmful to our bodies like I have been doing, we are eating with the :devil: demons. OUCH!!! That hurts and grieves me to even think of it that way. But I need to see it as what it is. When we obey the Holy Spirt, we are in fellowship with the Lord and working with Him. When we disobey, we are in fellowship with the :devil:. Let's face it; there are only 2 choices... Obey God's way or disobey and follow :devil:'s way. We are duped into thinking a lot of things are "our" thoughts or ideas, but this isn't true. Thoughts have one of 2 sources... God's or the enemy. We have to make the Choice of which one we are going to decide to listen to and obey or follow.

I hope that this will help me to do better at listening to the Holy Spirit and to follow His leading. I can see that if I continue to listen to my flesh, etc, it will kill me as I am damaging my body. God is sooooo Good and so good to us. He has so much He wants to do for us and through us if we will just let Him.

Y'all have a great and blessed Saturday.

Kelli 10-10-2009 02:52 PM

The lesson spoke to me in a different way today than it did for you guys. It spoke to me not about the issue of food, (since I don't have any intolerance for anything). It spoke to me about my obsession with dieting and guilt. I know it's not God accusing me of overeating. I weigh between 158 and 161, and according to the BMI standard, I am right on the cusp of normal to overweight.

I know that's not unhealthy for my height because the only health problems I had from being overweight were Joint pain and high blood pressure... My joints don't hurt anymore and I don't have to take blood pressure medicine anymore.

I know God has healed me of my addiction to food, but I have still felt that urge to diet. To count and fret and worry about what I have, or have not eaten. I'm done ladies, I give it to God.

Is the idea that I have to be stick-thin God's, or the media's? I am happy with myself. In fact I love myself, I think I will say... I'm done... Wow! I guess I'm done.

I fall into His arms and what will be will be.

I will eat... and every time a thought comes into my head about dieting, or guilt, or any argument, and every high thing that exalts itself against what God has taught me through studying His Word, I will bring it into captivity and say, "Jesus... Satan is knocking will you please answer it?" then move on. I know that my obedience is fulfilled. It's time...

Philippians 4:6 & 7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I Peter 5:10-11 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. ...AMEN

pattygirl63 10-10-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Philippians 4:6 & 7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Kellie This is my testimony scripture because this is how I have felt today. I am doing Atkins diet. When I woke up this morning, I just knew beyond all doubt in my heart that is what God wanted me to do. Once I repented, and committed to do what the Holy Spirit was telling me to do, everything changed. I still eat only when I am hungry not because I am supposed to eat. Not doing 3 meals and 2 snacks unless the Lord leads me to. I have allowed the Holy Spirit to show me what to eat only when I'm hungry. And I have to say that it has been a very blessed and peaceful day for me with no cravings. I have had three meals that could really be described more like snacks, but I'm satisfied and content. Since I've already given up some things like caffiene and been doing a semi-low carb thing, I haven't had the withdrawals I've had in the past when doing this. I can honestly say that when God does it, it is sooooo much easier and better.

Quote:

Is the idea that I have to be stick-thin God's, or the media's? I am happy with myself. In fact I love myself, I think I will say... I'm done... Wow! I guess I'm done.
You know I read some where that we don't have to go by man's or the media's idea of what we should weigh. What I read said that we will know when we get to the weight we are comfortable with and that is healthy for us. I believe God's idea of a healthy weight is probably a lot different than what the world's idea is. I want to lose down to about 120 lbs, but a weight loss site where I checked what I should weigh for my age said more like 135 for my age etc.

I think it is great that you have made it to your place. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Ryanne 10-10-2009 07:21 PM

Me, too...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2964906)
Once I repented, and committed to do what the Holy Spirit was telling me to do, everything changed. I still eat only when I am hungry not because I am supposed to eat. Not doing 3 meals and 2 snacks unless the Lord leads me to. I have allowed the Holy Spirit to show me what to eat only when I'm hungry.

I can honestly say that when God does it, it is sooooo much easier and better.

You know I read some where that we don't have to go by man's or the media's idea of what we should weigh. What I read said that we will know when we get to the weight we are comfortable with and that is healthy for us. I believe God's idea of a healthy weight is probably a lot different than what the world's idea is.

I have my basic menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and it is good. I still will eat breakfast and lunch only if and when hungry and will still eat dinner as a family, since that is important to all of us.
I am so glad for today. I am glad that the Holy Spirit reminded me and retaught me that truth BEFORE I went to the grocery. He is right on time! I didn't feel bad about throwing out the chips and the flavorings, I felt good about it.
I also think that God's weight is different than that of the world's...I feel that 125 is a good weight for me.
I am soooo short, I am only 5'2" and that is a stretch...more like 5' 1 1/2".
Kelli, if you feel you are where you want to be, then I am glad for you. Congratulations. Thank you again for this study.
I am making dinner so I'll try to get back on later. :)

Bootsie 10-11-2009 12:13 AM

Oh Kelli I wish i weighed in the 160's , someday.
Patty sugar busters is also I noticed like the Atkins diet and I do need to give up caffeine so i can sleep.
Last night i was sitting here, and all of a sudden I was starving , well I found some croutons 25 calories for 7 and i got me a cup of coffee. I had a small bowl of chicken and dumplings for supper ,well chicken makes me cluck like an old setting hen so I had indigestion. After i was full from the croutons, I was sitting here and I got dizzy sitting in the chair. { I think it might of been my left ear making me dizzy.}Well I had gobs of work to do before i even went to bed, so I got up to go put the washing in and i got so dizzy. Done that , took two aspirin and I went to bed! I needed to bake some cookies , wash the dishes, and clean house plus exercise. I baked the cookies this afternoon and then walked right out the door and forgot them!
I think I have a cold working on me and I have been resting all day but been fighting the hungry feeling. Been trying to only have cold foods, for my chest is sore from all the clucking I did last night. My husband said I wish I could belch like that I said Well I wish I could not for it hurts when I do. I just need to stay away from that chicken!!

Ryanne I am going to do some throwing out myself tomorrow. I think I am going to give the rest of the chicken and dumpling which was really good to my dogs and my cats.

Kelli 10-11-2009 01:22 AM

Hi all,

Bootsies post made me remember, when I first started eating less food, I felt hungry all the time. Kind of a burning in my Stomach and sometimes I got a headaches. I figured out the stomach problems were excess acid. My stomach was used to more food, so it produced more acid and made me feel hungry all the time. My body took about two weeks to regulate the acid and I don't have that problem anymore.

Then I finally figured out the reason I was getting headaches was because I wasn't drinking enough water. We get a fair portion of the water our bodies need from the food we eat so when you are eating half or a forth of what you were used to, you need to drink more water.

Love, kelli

Ryanne 10-11-2009 08:23 AM

Week 2: Day 3:

Week 2 Day 3
Jesus, Satan is Knocking Will You Please Answer It

In the last study, we learned that when we idolize food and obsess about our weight, we are actually communing with demons. I know this is upsetting, especially when you feel you are powerless to stop, but God has the answer. The reason you are overweight is that while you are eating, you are in denial. When you are stuffing, you are zoned out; you set your rational thought aside, and just do it. Think about the moment you start to overeat. Your eating speeds up, because you zone out and go to denial or self-lies. You speed up because you want to get it down before rational thought returns.

Ephesians 4: 17-24 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

This Study is about being present in the moment. In the next few lessons, we’ll learn, God fights our battles. You will be learning how to employ His power. The first thing you need to learn is how to be present in the moment. That’s the new “fad phrase” but what does it mean? There is power in this moment right here. Our present moment shapes our future destiny, and determines how long you will be your present weight.

I mindlessly gave up so many of my moments. Probably 95% of our weight is due to mindless eating. Its called rationalization, when your not in the moment (or reality) The definition of rationalization is 1: to make something irrational appear rational or reasonable 2: to provide a natural explanation to (as a myth) 3: to justify one’s behavior or weakness especially to oneself 4: to find plausible yet untrue reasons for conduct.

I don’t know about you, but that hits home. This is how Satan gets you to sin. He provides great excuses, and because we want the second cupcake, we are all too willing to go along with it.

So how do we resist the temptation? Think about a sin that would be preposterous for you to do such as, committing murder, or shoplifting, something that is not a temptation to you at all. Now think about what would happen if Satan tempted you with it. You would laugh at the temptation; you would pass it up in your mind as being ridiculous, you wouldn’t even contemplate it. That’s why Satan doesn’t tempt you with those things. His method is to try to destroy you a little at a time. One little moment of weakness, one little suggestion, then another moment and another suggestion.

God is all-powerful, but because He has given you free will, He won’t do anything without your invitation, and your faith that He can do it. The battle is God’s but your part isn’t a passive one, you are the one that pulls the trigger and God is the bomb. Pulling the trigger is an emotional battle for you because you want the stupid cupcake, you want to zone out and be numb, but after you activate Gods power, it’s easy. How do you think you set God’s power in motion? What is the trigger? ___________________________________
Faith and prayer, giving it to God, thinking positively about God’s power. You say, “God, Satan in knocking at the door, will you please answer it.” If Satan is still nagging you with rationalizations, put your hand on your stomach. Ask yourself “am I hungry?” Be in the moment, if you’re not hungry (don’t rationalize) pray more. Satan makes it a bigger deal than it is.

Proverbs 14:16* A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident.

When Satan was tempting Jesus in the wilderness, he tried three times. He won’t just go away, stay in each moment, moment by moment; thinking confidently about God’s power, Satan will give up eventually.

James 4: 7-10 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Bombard sin with prayer use the shock and awe war campaign against the enemy with bombs that are, relentless.

A typical scenario will be:
You’re going along great, your following Jesus, staying focused on Him. You’re feeling wonderful then you pop a mint in your mouth, which would be ok, other than you start to think it might be bad.

I Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

God wants you to understand this concept He says almost the same thing again.

I Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

So now, Satan has a foothold and begins his sinister attack. Then you pop another mint and another, you say to your self “it’s only a small candy it won’t hurt”, then you start to focus on the food, and love it, because it becomes a forbidden fruit. Next comes an extra meal your stomach didn’t ask for, “but you might be hungry!!!” It’s been an hour or two since your last meal, or your daughter brings home pizza after getting off work at the local pizza joint and you have already eaten dinner, but how many times do you get the unexpected pleasure of pizza? You tell yourself “I’ll just have a sliver of a piece”, and before you know it, you have eaten half a pizza, one sliver at a time. You’re are right back were you started, Satan is saying “You’ve blown it now any way, I guess God can’t help you after all” then your positive thoughts start to become more and more negative, one little thought at a time.

Does this sound familiar? When the little suggestion is first made, is the best time to take action, but you can take control at any time, in any moment this scenario takes place, with prayer and positive thoughts of Gods power. Pray, and ask God to forgive you, think positive thoughts and just start fresh and new with that. Don’t let it become the forbidden fruit, honestly, the best way for me to do that has been to simply say/pray, “Jesus, Satan is knocking …

You have a completely new moment to begin anew. Satan will come back, no doubt starting with something small and moving up, he will say you’ve already blown it, might as well give up.

The secret formula is prayer, and faith (positive thinking) knowing God will give you the power to resist. Just say no, ask God for help, say “God help me,” and believe He will protect you from this pizza. Be present in the moment, and then walk away, now! Just say no. If you can’t get away, pray the whole time. On the other hand, if you don’t want God’s help because you want the pizza too bad, ask God to help you ask for help. Say God right now I want this pizza I don’t want your help, please help me to want your help. IT WORKS. IT WORKS, IT WORKS. Any temptation can be handled this way. God will not forsake you. All the fighting we do is so unnecessary, if we could only get a sense of the power we possess through Jesus

Wrong thinking goes like this: You see a tempting treat, you fight with yourself for a millisecond but the way you fight is, “I have no self control, I can’t do it, and before you can ask God for strength (because you really want the treat) you stuff it in your mouth, you zone out with vague feelings of self contempt.

Guess what! I have fabulous news! You do have self-control.

Read Galatians 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

One of the attributes of being saved is you get all the fruits of the Spirit automatically, you don’t have to grow into them, they are yours. God won’t make you take them, but they are yours if you will have them.

Read Isaiah 40: 28-31 Have you not known? Have you not heard?*The everlasting God, the LORD, *The Creator of the ends of the earth, *Neither faints nor is weary. *His understanding is unsearchable. 29 He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.** 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength;*They shall mount up with wings like eagles,*They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

What does it mean to wait on the Lord? The Definition of the word wait is; 1: to remain inactive in readiness or expectation. To act as attendant or servant. To be ready. The synonyms for wait are, stay, remain, hang around, linger.

We try so hard to fix things when we are uncomfortable, we are like baby eaglets flapping our wings, working hard to fix our situation, crying and wondering why God would do this to us. Temptation, like all trials, is a test. God made tests to help you expand your knowledge and identify areas you need help. Don’t try to fight the temptation by flapping your wings and working hard. Rise above it wait for God, He will lift you up and rescue you.

When you are tempted, rise above it like an eagle. Eagles know when a storm is approaching before it breaks, and will fly high above the storm and wait for wind. When the storm hits, He sets his wings so the wind will pick him up and lift him above the storm. While the storm is raging below he is soaring above the tempest in peace. He doesn’t get away from the storm; he uses it to fly higher. He doesn’t flap his wings straining to fly higher, he barley moves his wings at all.

It’s hard to understand sometimes why God allows us to be tempted, and we feel so weak. Just like a baby eagle who doesn’t understand when the mom messes up their nest. She rips it to pieces until all the soft feather stuff is gone and all that’s left is stickers and hard stuff. If that’s not bad enough the momma eagle pushes the baby out of the nest! The baby flaps furiously trying hard to fly, and when all seems lost the momma swoops down and catches the baby on her back. She does this again, and again, until the baby eaglet learns to stop flapping and relax into the current. They glide effortlessly, rising higher and higher.

Read Deuteronomy 32:11,12 As an eagle stirs up its nest, Hovers over its young, Spreading out its wings, taking them up, Carrying them on its wings, 11 As an eagle stirs up its nest, Hovers over its young, Spreading out its wings, taking them up, Carrying them on its wings,

Trying to fight Satan will exhaust you. Just say, “Jesus, Satan is knocking will you answer it”? Then glide away, knowing God has taken care of it.

When you were saved, you received the Holy Spirit and one of the fruits, or attributes of having the Holy Spirit, is self-control. You see, Satan is a liar; he is the master of illusion, nothing more. That’s what he does, and you have been listening to his lies for so long you believe them. It is time to counter those lies.

Your goal is to be thin, but you have to reach many little goals before you can accomplish your main goal. You are not going to wake up one day at your goal weight. It will take many little battles and many little victories, one by one, moment by moment.

Isaiah 28:9, 10 “Whom will he teach knowledge?
******And whom will he make to understand the message?
******Those just weaned from milk?
******Those just drawn from the breasts?
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
******Line upon line, line upon line,
******Here a little, there a little.”

Remember Satan will flee if you resist him, but he tried tempting Jesus three times before he gave up, and he didn’t give up for good, the Bible says he went away, waiting for a more opportune moment.

Luke 4:12 13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.

God gave you a beautiful gift and it is time to start treating your body, soul and mind as such. Just you wouldn’t verbally attack your loved one, you will not allow your inner talk to ridicule, put down, or in any way abuse you. It is time to stop now. The Holy Bible says you have self-control. When you're having a hard time pulling away from that last bite, say to yourself “I have self control because I have the Holy Spirit.

II Chronicles 20:14-17 Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly. 15 And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the LORD to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 16 Tomorrow go down against them. They will surely come up by the Ascent of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the brook before the Wilderness of Jeruel. 17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the LORD, who is

Let’s see how God answers the door.

II Kings 6: 8-18 Now the king of Syria was making war against Israel; and he consulted with his servants, saying, “My camp will be in such and such a place.” 9 And the man of God sent to the king of Israel, saying, “Beware that you do not pass this place, for the Syrians are coming down there.” 10 Then the king of Israel sent someone to the place of which the man of God had told him. Thus he warned him, and he was watchful there, not just once or twice.
11 Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was greatly troubled by this thing; and he called his servants and said to them, “Will you not show me which of us is for the king of Israel?”

12 And one of his servants said, “None, my lord, O king; but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the words that you speak in your bedroom.”

13 So he said, “Go and see where he is, that I may send and get him.”
And it was told him, saying, “Surely he is in Dothan.”

14 Therefore he sent horses and chariots and a great army there, and they came by night and surrounded the city. 15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”

16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 18 So when the Syrians came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD, and said, “Strike this people, I pray, with blindness.” And He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

You are God’s child, just as Elisha was. He never changes He is still fighting the enemy with chariots of fire. He answers the door with strength and power.

Genesis 14:11-16 Now the Valley of Siddim was full of asphalt pits; and the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled; some fell there, and the remainder fled to the mountains. 11 Then they took all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their provisions, and went their way. 12 They also took Lot, Abram's brother's son who dwelt in Sodom, and his goods, and departed.

13 Then one who had escaped came and told Abram the Hebrew, for he dwelt by the terebinth trees of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol and brother of Aner; and they were allies with Abram. 14 Now when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his three hundred and eighteen trained servants who were born in his own house, and went in pursuit as far as Dan. 15 He divided his forces against them by night, and he and his servants attacked them and pursued them as far as Hobah, which is north of Damascus. 16 So he brought back all the goods, and also brought back his brother Lot and his goods, as well as the women and the people.

17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him at the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King's Valley), after his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him.
What do all the scriptures above have in common with each other? _____________________

They were all small armies defended by God through faith.

When I would hear the phrase “leave it at the cross”, I thought it meant to stop sinning, give the sin to God and don’t pick it back up. I used to get so upset with myself because I couldn’t leave the sin at the cross and not pick it back up. I was addicted. Then I realized I had the phrase wrong, the phrase means to accept any answer from God. If God answers your prayer and stops you from overeating, praise Him. If He doesn’t and you continue to overeat, praise Him. This is why this is the hard part. It may not be God’s will for you to be thin yet, He may want to teach you something first, I say “yet” because I don’t believe God wants us to die addicted to anything, but you can’t do it on your own. Trying just makes you want it more. Surrender it to God’s will and be free from self-condemnation. Have faith in God, and know He has your best interest at heart.

The Good thing is, this takes all the pressure off you. You are giving it to God and therefore not obsessing over the law, eventually food will become a non-issue for you because it loses its magnetism, when it’s no longer the forbidden fruit.

Read Matthew 7: 7-10 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him.

What purpose would it serve your Father in heaven, if He let you down? The only hard part is breaking thru the emotional barrier, of wanting His help or sometimes it’s hard to believe God wants to help you.

Read I Corinthians 10:1-22

In light of today’s study, what was the scripture or statement in today’s lesson that most spoke to your heart? __________________________________________________ ________

What steps of faith does God want you to take towards Him today? ____________________

Rephrase the scripture or statement into an expression of faith_________________________

I Corinthians 10: 31 _________, ______ you _____ or ______, or ________ you do, do _____ to the ______ of God.

Ryanne 10-11-2009 09:18 AM

This is such a good one today...

There are so many things that I will be pondering today and I will come back to this lesson often today, God willing.
I like where you put that once the food is not a forbidden fruit you will lose interest. That is good. I have been losing interest slowly but surely and this message today is right on time.
Thank you again, for sharing your Bible Study with us.
It is a blessing.
I am going to go walking. It is soooo cold out, so I will be bundling up! You guys have a wonderful Sunday! I think I will walk to Church today, too.
I wanted to add something, God will not let us be tempted more than we can handle and he has capped how long the enemy can tempt us...it's usually one to three minutes. YOU CAN DO IT!!! To stay positive you can say something like "God will not allow me to be tempted more than I have the ability to resist, so I can resist this! I CAN HANDLE THIS CUZ MY DADDY SAID I CAN!"
:D

pattygirl63 10-11-2009 06:14 PM

Good Evening Ladies,

I don't have much on this one today except to say that the fact that if we resist the devil that he WILL flee from us as the Word of God says. I heard a minister preach on this on day. He said that the devil is a created being... created originally as an angel. He likened angels to a computer. Angels were programed to do (obey) whatever the Word of God says. They were NEVER given the ability to choose as we are. So when we speak the Word of God to them as Jesus did when He was tempted, they have NO CHOICE... THEY HAVE TO FLEE!!! That gave me more understanding to the Power that Jesus gave us through the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is our example. He never really talked to the demons although they often spoke and even knew who He was. He would immediately command them to be quiet and they obeyed Him. If we had the faith as to who we are in Christ Jesus, I know we could do the same thing. We have the same Holy Spirit working in us He had and we have the right given to us by Jesus to use His name to speak the Word of God and when we put all that together and "speak" that Word against them... the HAVE TO FLEE. They have NO CHOICE.

I think many times that they persist to see if we really believe what we say and/or if we really mean what we say. It is totally up to us.

I don't think I ever blamed God for my being over weight. I just thought that I was the one who had to do something about it. I did believe that some how, some where, that if I kept seeking that He would show me the way and that someday I would find my answer. That is what He wants to do. We must ask Him and then take time to listen.

And I believe that I have found the answer for me and I am thoroughly convinced that He has led me to the answer. As I read through different writings on the Low Carb thread on 3fc, I came across some things I wrote back in July. I realized that God gave me the answer to my problem back then and because of me making carbs more important to me than the way He was leading me, I did not follow through. I made certain foods/carbs and idol and I got off track. These lessons have suddenly made me see what I've done. It is a combination physical and spiritual problem. I am now following what God showed me back then with food plan He gave me to heal my body of the problems/damage that dieting has done to me. I see that He wants to do a total healing in me. And it starts with putting Him first and then follow His leading.

God is soooo good. He never gives up on us.

Catch you tomorrow.

Ryanne 10-11-2009 06:46 PM

God is sooo good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2965863)
Good Evening Ladies,

I don't have much on this one today except to say that the fact that if we resist the devil that he WILL flee from us as the Word of God says. I heard a minister preach on this on day. He said that the devil is a created being... created originally as an angel. He likened angels to a computer. Angels were programed to do (obey) whatever the Word of God says. They were NEVER given the ability to choose as we are. So when we speak the Word of God to them as Jesus did when He was tempted, they have NO CHOICE... THEY HAVE TO FLEE!!! That gave me more understanding to the Power that Jesus gave us through the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is our example. He never really talked to the demons although they often spoke and even knew who He was. He would immediately command them to be quiet and they obeyed Him. If we had the faith as to who we are in Christ Jesus, I know we could do the same thing. We have the same Holy Spirit working in us He had and we have the right given to us by Jesus to use His name to speak the Word of God and when we put all that together and "speak" that Word against them... the HAVE TO FLEE. They have NO CHOICE.

I think many times that they persist to see if we really believe what we say and/or if we really mean what we say. It is totally up to us.

I am glad that you put this. I was a computer tech for years and years. ( I guess I still am, but burned out with it...bad...lol) But when you put it like this, it makes it so clear to understand. I thank you for building my faith with that statement. Wow!
Trish, same with me, God has given me a plan for me and my family. I will just do what I am led to do by the Holy Spirit.

Bootsie 10-11-2009 09:22 PM

I have learned that when we do good things it gives Satan a good hint to move on. reading God's word makes him move. All things can be used for good or bad even our words. God has given us wisdom to know the difference, like the computer itself can be used for good or it can be used for bad. I do think that we all could live without the computer telephone but we would not get to meet as many people or learn as much that could be bad or it could be good. I don't know . I know I would sure hate to live without running water, and electricity. As far as Satan tempting us if he tempted Jesus, you know for sure he is coming after us that is when we need to put on our armor of God to protect us. I do know one thing that when you seek God, he will show you his plans (as he is doing for us) for your life so that you can follow him and avoid falling into the temptation of sin that Satan sets for us. I want to add though the good news is, that I have learned in my past, is that any past problems, current struggles and these temporary setbacks we all been through, God does not give up on us.

Ryanne 10-11-2009 09:50 PM

You are absolutely right!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootsie (Post 2966097)
I want to add though the good news is, that I have learned in my past, is that any past problems, current struggles and these temporary setbacks we all been through, God does not give up on us.

Thank God for that!!!! :)

Kelli 10-12-2009 12:48 AM

I can't believe it took me over ten years to finally figure out that I just needed to give it up.

I know I talk about giving it up in the study, and I would for a few weeks then I would pick it up again. In my post yesterday I told you I am done. Done dieting, done thinking about food, done thinking about being skinny, done!

So yesterday I just didn't feel like I wanted to go to the bother of making any lunch or dinner. I wasn't trying to diet, I just didn't want to bother with it. Then this morning I had a hunger pang, but it just seemed it was a bother. I got to teach the kids in Sunday School today (K-1st grade :)) and there was some time between services, so I decided to get a McSandwich. On the way, I was confused because it still seemed more like a bother.

So I asked God, "Do you want me to fast?" why don't I feel the need to eat?

He answered in His still small voice, and said "This is how it is when you don't have an emotional attachment to food!" He told me "It's not time to fast, it's time to eat, you had a hunger pang"! I thought 'wow'! duh, God had to instruct me how to eat normally again, I had forgotten! :dizzy:

I am not saying Satan is totally leaving me alone and doesn't tempt me, what I am saying is every time He tries I say the same thing...

(I never talk directly to Satan either Trish) I say, this is none of my business. (because now he doesn't tempt me with eating as much as he does with dieting, listing the food I ate...etc.) So I say Jesus, Thank you that my weapons are not carnal, but mighty in casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against what you have taught me.

Satan's favorite tactic on me now is to try to make me confused by saying I need to resist, because if I don't, I will eat everything. But every time I think about food and dieting I say, this is none of my business...

This is silly but I kind of feel like Neo in the movie, The Matrix, (the first one, I hated the other two) anyway when he dies (when I died to myself and gave it up totally) and then he suddenly realizes he'd been deceived all this time, and he finally understands the power he has available. He flexes his arms and the world around him expands and contracts. (I flex my faith muscles) Then the agents shoot Neo with bullets (fiery darts) and He looks down (I look up) and then he just quietly says...

No...

and the bullets (fiery darts) fall harmlessly to the floor.

I know why it took me so long to understand that I just need to surrender and by surrender, I mean don't even get involved with the process at all, (it's God's business not mine) and you ladies probably already got that. But I thank you Jesus so much for how long it took me. I couldn't have written the study!

I don't think I will be on the computer as much anymore, my family is feeling neglected and I need to get the study edited. I will be praying for you and I will stop by now and then, (Because your insights bless my socks off!!!) but you ladies certainly don't need me, God is showing you such awesome things!

However, before I do leave, I have noticed there are about 75 to 100 views of this thread a day, and I know, Trish, Bootsie and Rayann, would love you to join in. It's not like you can't jump in at anytime, the study's aren't really chronological, you can jump in anywhere.

I will come by often, just not everyday. It's just that, it's the first thing I want to do in the morning so I don't get my regular Bible study, like I used to, and then I stay up late posting and reading posts, so I don't get to bed early enough and I sleep in. :( I will still post the rest of the studies in the Bible Study thread. I will probably do the rest of them all at once, so I won't be tempted and get sucked back in.

Love you guys, thank you so much for your support! :hug:

Love, Kelli

Ryanne 10-12-2009 01:40 AM

Kelli, I am sorry to hear that...

...but you have to do what you have to do. Just don't be a stranger! We love you so much and it would be nice to have your input. Whatever you do, Kelli, I know you are doing it for the glory of God.
Take Care and post when you can.
:hug:

Ryanne 10-12-2009 01:44 AM

Week 2: Day 4:

Week 2 Day 4
Love the Lord with all your heart

Matthew 12:30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.

God is not as concerned about the shape of your body as He is the condition of your heart, apart from you being over weight is a manifestation of the condition of your heart and what you have been running to for comfort and satisfaction. We have to run to God for comfort and support, not food.

Read II Corinthians 1: 3, 4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

II Corinthians 5:9 (NIV) Says, So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

What is your goal? Be honest with yourself. What is your true purpose for losing weight? __________________________________________________ _________________________

Is it to be thin earn the respect of others do you think “they” will love you more? Most people if they are honest with themselves admit their motivation for dieting is to look better, and no wonder! We are under so much pressure to be perfect. We are assaulted twenty-four hours a day from TV and magazines.

The Bible says seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

Read Matthew 7:7,8 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Make it a priority to heal spiritually first and then the physical will follow.

An apple tree doesn’t strain and groan to get the fruit out. It automatically bears fruit if fed, watered and if it gets plenty of sunshine. To grow in the Lord you have to spend time reading the word getting to know Jesus by going to church and listening to Christian music, filling your life and mind with the one who loves you. It isn’t an option; it’s a requirement.

John 15:5-8 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

And

James 4: 7-10 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Reject dieting for the purpose of weight loss only. Unlike all the other diets we have been on the bottom line of this diet is moderation. You don’t need to worry about what you eat or how you eat it. You can use that time to fall in love with Jesus. How do you think you fall in love with Him? How do you draw near to God? ____________________________________

You draw near to God by getting to know Him! If you are married or engaged, you know that when you first fell in love, you stayed up all night just talking. You enjoyed just being together. If you told that person “I’m going to spend thirty minutes a day with you and memorize one thing about you a week.” Would they have been happy with that? I don’t think so, you get to know someone by spending time with them, talking to them, thinking about them, listening to them. You steal every moment you can just to look in their eyes and hear their voice.

Use your own Bible and write down the following passages:

Philippians 2:3, __________________________________________________ ___________
Psalm 37: 4, __________________________________________________ ______________
Use your own Bible and fill in the blanks Romans 8:5-9 _____________________________
____________________________________________ For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
What do all these passages have in common? ____________________________________

They are all in regards to God being first in your life. Seeking Him and getting to know Him. Acknowledging Him as your Master, accepting the fact that He knows what is best for you, and then He will give you the desires of your heart. He knows what you truly desire better than you do.
When you get to know Jesus through reading His word and spending time with Him, the Holy Spirit will breathe new life and truth into your entire being. You will discover amazing strength when you’re empowered by the Holy Spirit. Stop trying to change your eating habits in your own strength. We have read it, we are the branches and He is the vine, our life source, do you believe it? I think a lot of us who are overweight, think it’s our lot in life, our cross to bear. It’s not about that at all. We all have to fight the tendency to sin and gluttony is a sin. Some people have the tendency toward pornography, or homosexuality. You wouldn’t think it’s Okay for them to ruin their lives with that. The same goes for your sin. It’s not about you it’s about your ministry and what God has planned for you life.

Read Romans 8:1-17

I Corinthians 10: 31 Therefore, ****________ you **_________ or ________, or ________ you do, do ________ to the _________ of _____.

Ryanne 10-12-2009 08:33 AM

Another Good Lesson:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2966333)

Matthew 12:30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.

God is not as concerned about the shape of your body as He is the condition of your heart, apart from you being over weight is a manifestation of the condition of your heart and what you have been running to for comfort and satisfaction. We have to run to God for comfort and support, not food.

Read II Corinthians 1: 3, 4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

The Bible says seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

Make it a priority to heal spiritually first and then the physical will follow.

To grow in the Lord you have to spend time reading the word getting to know Jesus by going to church and listening to Christian music, filling your life and mind with the one who loves you. It isn’t an option; it’s a requirement.

John 15:5-8 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

And

James 4: 7-10 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

This goes along the lines of what God has been teaching me lately about being led by the Spirit and not by the flesh. God is sooo good. I am glad to know ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD! I don't have to worry about what I think I can or cannot do, it doesn't matter. What matters is GOD CAN AND WILL!:carrot:

pattygirl63 10-12-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Well, I just spent 20 minutes writing my on this and lost it. I'll try to do it again more quickly.

I love this scripture in the Amplified Bible. "His righteousness (His way of doing and being right)".

This tells me that as I seek to really know Him and have a close relationship with Him then I will also learn what Jesus will and will not do. What pleases Him and what does not.

Yesterday, I started out doing a different low carb plan than the one that I felt the Lord wanted me to do the day before. It seemed to make more sense to me, but I was wrong. I was spending most of the time trying to eat certain foods at certain times and I didn't have the right foods to do it etc. I found myself getting frustrated. And then I was supposed to eat before going to bed which I don't like doing. I suddenly realized that this was to frustrating and confusing for me . It was not flowing well with my life. NO PEACE. Why? Because this was not God's Way for me to follow.

I woke up this morning and back on the Plan God has for me and all is going easier. Even had 2 meals planned in my head before I got out of bed. I've come to believe that what God wants to teach me through this weight loss Diet Bible Study is that when we do what God tells us to do (obedient) things go better for us. I know that may not always be true, because I was watch a Joyce Meyer dvd last night and she made a statement that I have found to be true... she said the :devil: attacks us when we are doing thing right and :devil: attacks when we are doing things wrong. But she went on to say that she now when something happens that she asks God, "Have I opened a door?" She wants to know so that she can correct it. Thank God, I am back in the flow of what God has shown me to do and I am at peace and enjoying my breakfast that He showed me to eat this morning.

Kellie We will miss you, but I understand. Nothing should take away from our Devotional Bible Studies and family. Check in when you can.

Ryanne and Bootsie:wave: Have a great day.

pattygirl63 10-12-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2966493)
This goes along the lines of what God has been teaching me lately about being led by the Spirit and not by the flesh. God is sooo good. I am glad to know ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD! I don't have to worry about what I think I can or cannot do, it doesn't matter. What matters is GOD CAN AND WILL!:carrot:

Ryanne Something Joyce said on the dvd along the lines of what you wrote. She used Philippkians 4:13 she said something like this "I can do all things because God lives in me". Yes we do have the strength to do this because we have the greater one living inside of us.

Blessings,

Ryanne 10-12-2009 10:57 AM

Trish,

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2966637)
Ryanne Something Joyce said on the dvd along the lines of what you wrote. She used Philippkians 4:13 she said something like this "I can do all things because God lives in me". Yes we do have the strength to do this because we have the greater one living inside of us.

Blessings,

Amen to that! Trish, I also LOVE my Amplified Bible. It goes into such depth and detail. I don't know if you already do this or not, but one thing that I have done because of Joyce's teaching, and then stopped doing, and am doing again...(tee hee :dizzy:Did you get all that?? LOL) is to "Call those things that be not as though they were." Which is writing down and confessing God's Word over our lives. It really is a good idea to do this one or two or more times per day.

Bootsie, I hope you are doing well. Can't wait to hear from you...and Kelli, I pray things are going well with you.
I'll be on later... Gonna go spend some time doing my confession list and reading a little. Have a great day!:book2:

pattygirl63 10-12-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2966744)
[COLOR="Magenta"]Amen to that! Trish, I also LOVE my Amplified Bible. It goes into such depth and detail. I don't know if you already do this or not, but one thing that I have done because of Joyce's teaching, and then stopped doing, and am doing again...(tee hee :dizzy:Did you get all that?? LOL) is to "Call those things that be not as though they were." Which is writing down and confessing God's Word over our lives. It really is a good idea to do this one or two or more times per day.COLOR]

I used to do that everyday and I need to get back to it again as well. I have pages and pages and takes me a long time to confess them. I used to spread them out through the week. Thanks for reminding me.

Ryanne 10-12-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2967096)
I used to do that everyday and I need to get back to it again as well. I have pages and pages and takes me a long time to confess them. I used to spread them out through the week. Thanks for reminding me.

You sound a lot like me...LOL. You're welcome, I guess God wanted you reminded.
Have a good day, I'll check in later. :hug:

Ryanne 10-12-2009 07:25 PM

Born Again Support:

I am going to stop posting Kelli's Diet Bible Study on here, if you would like to read it in her Bible Study section or on her website, that is fine and you can still discuss it here if you would like to, that way you can go at your own pace. I am more than happy to discuss her study!
This is a place we can come discuss anything that pertains to us.
I love you all!
:grouphug:

pattygirl63 10-12-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2967673)
I am going to stop posting Kelli's Diet Bible Study on here, if you would like to read it in her Bible Study section or on her website, that is fine and you can still discuss it here if you would like to, that way you can go at your own pace. I am more than happy to discuss her study!
This is a place we can come discuss anything that pertains to us.
I love you all!
:grouphug:

Thanks Ryanne. That will work for me. I've had my carbs for today except for 1. Thought came to me that I wanted something with more carbs. Then it hit me and I said out loud, "NO, I submit myself to God and I resist that thought in the name of Jesus." Praise God it works. The desire never went any further.

Bootsie 10-12-2009 09:52 PM

Hi Ryanne and Trish, that is alright with me too. I am really busy too but I need you girls! Your my support! So I guess your stuck with this old lady. Kelly I sure am sorry to see you go but hope you pop in ever once in a while.
You know those cookies I forgot to take to the firehall , well I ate some and I feel like I have a bad hangover today.
Do y'all write everything down you eat? It helps me when I do but I always loose it. Do y'all plan your meals for the week? I am going to try for one day but even if I do , I seem to forget I have planned. Ever done that?
I have fitday and I got everything down except a small piece of velveeta fudge, yep that is what I said Velveeta fudge. A lady made some and sent it to me so I tried a small piece and shared, then hubie stuck it in his desk draw and hid it so he could eat it! I did real good and the fudge was small but really good.
You know tomorrow is a new day girls, a new start, let us get determined!
What kind of exercise are we planning. I watched Dr. OZ. today and I am planning 10,000 steps . Today I weed eated.

Ryanne 10-12-2009 10:20 PM

Way to go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2967839)
Then it hit me and I said out loud, "NO, I submit myself to God and I resist that thought in the name of Jesus." Praise God it works. The desire never went any further.

Good Job! You did great! God is sooo good, and thank Him for the Name of JESUS! :carrot:

Ryanne 10-12-2009 10:29 PM

Good, I'm glad it will work for everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootsie (Post 2967902)
Hi Ryanne and Trish, that is alright with me too. I am really busy too but I need you girls! Your my support! So I guess your stuck with this old lady. Kelly I sure am sorry to see you go but hope you pop in ever once in a while.
You know those cookies I forgot to take to the firehall , well I ate some and I feel like I have a bad hangover today.
Do y'all write everything down you eat? It helps me when I do but I always loose it. Do y'all plan your meals for the week? I am going to try for one day but even if I do , I seem to forget I have planned. Ever done that?
I have fitday and I got everything down except a small piece of velveeta fudge, yep that is what I said Velveeta fudge. A lady made some and sent it to me so I tried a small piece and shared, then hubie stuck it in his desk draw and hid it so he could eat it! I did real good and the fudge was small but really good.
You know tomorrow is a new day girls, a new start, let us get determined!
What kind of exercise are we planning. I watched Dr. OZ. today and I am planning 10,000 steps . Today I weed eated.

Bootsie, we sure don't feel stuck with you, we feel BLESSED by you! Sorry you have a hangover. I used to write down everything I ate, then God showed me to plan ahead and stick to my plan. So I write out a weekly menu and grocery shop accordingly and tape the menu to the side of the fridge by the stove so I always know what I am making and eating. It makes it soooo much easier and is less time consuming and helps to keep my mind off of food, since I already know what I am going to eat, when cravings come, I just say, no I'm not eating that, because I don't eat between meals. Also it makes my grocery shopping easier, I don't buy what's not on the list. It disciplines me to not bring stuff I don't want to eat into the house.
I usually do walking for exercise, plus cleaning the house...but I am trying to stay away from too much exercise and to stay well balanced. I have gotten caught up in over exercising before, and I don't want to do that again!!! NO WAY!
I know that if we are well balanced in every area it keeps the doors closed so Satan doesn't have a way in.
I so appreciate you guys and your support. Bootsie, I appreciate your support and glad you need us, too.
Have a good night all. Getting little one into bed, so I can rewrite my Scriptures for confessions. I ran out of space in one notebook so am reorganizing myself.
:comp:

pattygirl63 10-12-2009 11:11 PM

Bootsie I agree with Ryanne. You are a real blessing and I miss you when you aren't here. Right now I'm doing Atkins 2 week Induction. This was my 3rd day. So yes I write down what I eat as I am counting my carbs to keep at 20 or less grams a day. I will probably even count it when I get past the 2 weeks. I'm not sure if I will add more carbs then or stay on Induction for awhile. It will be as the Lord leads. I read where one person keeps her carb count at 30 so may work up to that. Of course, I will do whatever the Lord tells me to do. However, I will have to continue writing and counting at least until I get used to what I'm doing. As for exercise, I walk or do a tape or cd or do housework. I just kind of make it varied and whatever strikes me at the time. I do like to do Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile which is 20 minute tape. I like the 2 mile better but it takes 30 minutes and it is strange that 10 more minutes seems sooooo long. Need a new attitude about that. When I do those tapes, my back and hip hurts but it finally works out and keeps them from hurting. Which makes me wonder why I don't do it. Don't beat yourself up about the cookies. One slip doesn't mean failure and won't be a disaster if you don't let it be. As you said, tomorrow is a new day. Start the next meal or snack OP and you will be fine.:)

Ryanne I started redoing my confessions back in the summer and never finished. I need to do that since I have a lot of repeats. I'll have to see if I can find the time to finish. I just have so much going on right now.

Well, girls I'm getting tired so I will catch y'all tomorrow.

Good nite.

Ryanne 10-13-2009 08:27 AM

Good morning all!

I pray that everyone has a blessed day! Thank God for His goodness! I lost the weight I had put on from "drinking snacks". I don't even look at it as a set back, but as a learning experience. I am glad for all the lessons God is teaching me through this.
I want to encourage you today to enjoy your day! Don't let the devil get you down. Just let it go and move on.
Jesus came so that we can HAVE and ENJOY life. Make a decision early that you will enjoy your day, and if something crops up to try to steal your joy, just remind yourself that you already decided to enjoy your day.
I once had an epiphany about this, and the Lord taught me to "DECIDE EARLY"... so even with my eating, I "decide early" what I want to do. That is why I make the menu out, because in the Spirit I have decided, and then I write it down, then if my flesh wants something, I tell myself, "NOPE, I already decided this is what I am going to eat and when I am going to eat it." It makes it easier to keep my flesh under control.
I love you guys! Remember "The JOY of the LORD is our strength"!

Trish, if you have a lot of repeats, don't worry about it, maybe those areas need more attention. The Word of God is like a medicine. You put it where you need it.
So say you are having a problem with not being able to forgive someone for something...well, then it doesn't do a lot of good to speak confessions of prosperity over that issue, you should confess things about "I forgive and bless" that person.
I have a lot of repeats, too, even though I am reorganizing, I still have a lot of repeats, lol...even though I try not to, but the thing is, I figure that maybe I need to speak that more over my life anyway.
Then I have a huge list, which is what it sounds like you do, too, that I speak over myself. (I have a lot of areas that need God's work!! :)).
Bootsie, we are still getting so much rain, was wondering if you are, too?

pattygirl63 10-13-2009 10:21 AM

Good Morning Girls,

This will be a quick one as I have a busy day and up early considering I went to bed at almost 4 am, but late for all I need to do. Washing clothes, running dishwasher which I only do when I have full loads of both. With just 2 of us that doesn't roll around at convinient times every time. We are going to both Walmart and Home Depot. So will be a busy day.

Liked what you said about planning to enjoy your day first thing in the morning. Tony told me last night that we would eat at Steak & Shake. So I went online before I went to bed and checked their menu and already have planned what I'm going to eat. Grilled chicken salad goes perfect with my low carb way of eat. I'm not calling it a diet, because I feel it is just the way I eat now. The word "diet" indicates something you do just to lose weight and then go back to your old way of eating. As Christians we are not to go back to our "old" way of doing things. We are "new" creatures in Christ Jesus which means "new ways" of doing everything.

I had some other comments, but need to get to my devotional time and confessions. Ryanne you have a great influence on me. Thanks again. Tony and I just watched a 4 hour dvd of Joyce Meyer's of Battlefield of the Mind. So I'm going to get my book out and read it again. I just keep adding more to read. But that is okay as I believe that is the leading of the Lord.

Have a great blessed day. I'll try to get back here later.

Ryanne 10-13-2009 01:29 PM

Battlefield of the Mind...

That is a really good one. I told my husband I want to build my collection back up. My youngest daughter said she has one of my Joyce Meyer books, and she will bring it next week after her visit with her dad, and my son has a couple of my books, if he is using them, I will let it be and just buy them again. I know our library has a lot of Joyce Meyer books, so I could check some out for free. So that may be an option for me, too...since we are watching our pennies.
I agree, I am not "dieting" or on a "diet" either. It is the way I eat and will continue to eat, for I do believe it is God's plan for me.
I am still writing my confessions, I am saying them as I am writing them so I get it established on earth as well as the tablet of my heart.
I like what Joyce says about that, our tongue is the pen and our heart is our tablet.
Reminds me to not speak negatively and only positively.
Well, sounds like you do have a busy day. It's good you looked ahead to see what was on the menu. It does make it so much easier to decide in the Spirit ahead of time, and just stick to it, no matter what the flesh wants. Following my flesh never got me anything but death.
I'm so glad that we have the Gift of the Holy Spirit living on the inside of us. We are sooooo blessed! This is an exciting time in history! Alot of people say that they wish that they could have been around when Jesus walked on this earth, but they don't realize what an exciting time THIS IS with the Holy Spirit LIVING AND WORKING through all of us believers! Amazing Stuff!
In Him,
Your Sister,

Bootsie 10-13-2009 03:07 PM

It is strange how God is leading us in all directions in how we are changing our way of eating. Me I need control, yes Jesus gives me control but I need to support for control. In the country, even though you have friends all they do is talk about getting healthy and never take the first step. So I am following with five plans, I am reading Joyce Meyers book, gosh I wish she would join us! Reading the Bible. I am following Dr. Phils plans and posting in his site in the 25 pound to loose section even though I really need to loose 50 pounds. I just don't want to make my goal to large, really should of went into the 10 pound range.

I should of said 6 things because I am also studying The diet Alternative, by Diane Hampton, is which what we are doing. She says in her book page 22: A drunk can be obnoxious disruptive, or abusive. A glutton seldom is. He is a person with a gentle disposition and a tender heart. But he is hurting inside just as much, he is hurting his body just as much, and he needs miistering just as much. A drunk does not hesitate to ask for counseling, help, or prayer: but where does a glutton go? Most people look the other way or tell their children not to say anything about how fat so and so is. We even bring them candy or fix their favorite foods.

She hit home there! I find that so true in my life. My husband needs to lose weight to or I am afraid when he gets in the hay fields he is going to kill over. I love him and would love to keep him around for a while. I told him this last night and hopes he shares all the cookies and candy coming to him these next 3 months , for he needs to loose at least 125 pounds. Please pray for him.

juliastl27 10-13-2009 03:25 PM

Hello

This is my first post on this thread as I just got saved recently. I am excited to be here and get to know all of you. My name is Julia and I am 28.

Ryanne 10-13-2009 05:57 PM

Wow Bootsie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootsie (Post 2968932)
She says in her book page 22: A drunk can be obnoxious disruptive, or abusive. A glutton seldom is. He is a person with a gentle disposition and a tender heart. But he is hurting inside just as much, he is hurting his body just as much, and he needs miistering just as much. A drunk does not hesitate to ask for counseling, help, or prayer: but where does a glutton go? Most people look the other way or tell their children not to say anything about how fat so and so is. We even bring them candy or fix their favorite foods.

She hit home there! I find that so true in my life. My husband needs to lose weight to or I am afraid when he gets in the hay fields he is going to kill over. I love him and would love to keep him around for a while. I told him this last night and hopes he shares all the cookies and candy coming to him these next 3 months , for he needs to loose at least 125 pounds. Please pray for him.

It is so true that people carry their hurt all over their body when they use food for comfort, boredom, etc. It is sad. I had to actually repent the other day because I saw a thin woman who was kind of stuck up, and I thought, "wow she is stuck up!" and then I thought: "fat people are nice they are not stuck up". But you know what, it's not true, there are stuck up fat people just as there are nice thin people. I was stereotyping and that is so wrong. I don't want people to think of me like that when I am thin.
Anyway, I did repent and changed my thinking. I tend to "coddle" people who are over weight and my heart goes out to them. I know that it is hard to hurt inside and laugh on the outside.
I will pray for him and you, too, Bootsie. I pray over all of us on this thread.
:hug: