3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Born Again Christian Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/183254-born-again-christian-support.html)

Ryanne 10-06-2009 09:53 AM

Oh Ya!

We all seem to have been on every "diet" under the sun...oh my. One thing that I laugh about, but have always done with worldly diets...is..."Why is the first thing someone does, when they go on a diet, is to "GO SHOPPING for Food?" LOL...such an oxymoron...when you think about it, it's kind of sad really. We are gluttons, and we want to lose weight but still be able to EAT as much or more than we want! That definitely is not God's way. Denying the flesh isn't easy at first, but the fruit of having the spirit built up is sooooo worth it.
I can't tell you how many things I have tried to lose weight, from anorexia to bulemia to cabbage soup to you name it! It is frustrating and obsessive.
I am so much happier now, having given it to God. I want God in control of every aspect of my life!
One thing God has shown me and I have had revelational knowledge about for a while, I want to share with you. The Bible says we are "changed from glory to glory". Well, God showed me that as we spend time with Him and we are in His presence, that is His glory. So the time spent with Him, is time He spends changing us, so each time we are in His Glory, we are changed." I want to spend all the time with Him I can. I sure want Him to change me, for I know that in my flesh there is nothing good.
:woohoo:

pattygirl63 10-06-2009 10:05 AM

Good Morning Girls

I am up early for a change haven't even had my cup of tea yet. Wanted to check here and see what is going on. I was so late posting last night decided to hit it first thing.

The title of todays lesson is what hit me today. Strange Doctorines Never thought about diets being "strange doctorines". First we have to remember that "doctrine" means "teachings". So it makes sense to me that we have been duped into not realizing that "Diets" are or can be "strange doctrines". Stop and think about diets and how Satan has used it against us... especially us women just as he did Eve. First, we are convinced that we have to look a certain way to be "beautiful" and the promise that the "diet" is going to make that happen. My Grandmother always told me that beauty is skin deep and her favorite saying to me was "Remember Patricia 'Pretty is as pretty does'". She said it so much I thought it was written for me.

I've always said that if I hadn't tried a diet, it was only because I hadn't heard of it. Kellie named one or two in the intro that I'd never heard of. Don't know how I missed them. :dizzy: More people have made loads of money off of me, as I've said before I could start a "diet" library. What is deceptive about them? Well I remember one day telling my husband, "I don't know what to do any more. There are so many diets and ideas out there and they all claim they have the answer. One diet says don't eat carbs, one says don't eat meat, or don't eat fat... eat margarine, no eat butter and the list goes on and on and on". Then the word that flashed in my mind was CONFUSION, CONFUSION like a neon sign. Isn't this what Satan does? He wants to keep us in total confusion. When we are in a state or spirit of confusion, we get frustrated and we end up doing nothing because some of us give up because we don't know what to do. I almost did this last spring.

I thank God that He has never let me totally give up. I've just always believed that if I would keep trying and trust God that some how He would lead me to the right thing. Now I know He was trying to tell me to give it to Him and let Him teach me how to do things. I never dreamed it was that simple. Give it to Him and Let Him teach me? Didn't Jesus say He was giving us the Holy Spirit to teach us all things? ALL THINGS? WOW, I didn't know He meant what to eat and how to eat it? I just thought He meant spiritual things. Duh!

I remember one Sunday night at Bible study, the pastor was talking about how he ate. He said "I only eat 2 meals a day and some days I may forget to eat and not eat that much. He said I've always eaten that way, if I didn't I would weigh over 200 lbs." I thought, that is how I ate growing up. What changed? Well, Mother's/women are taught how to feed their families. I had a dietician friend I had one time make up a diet for me. I told my husband, I can't eat all that food? She had me eating 3 huge meals and 3 snacks. That was about 30 or 40 years ago. She had a weight problem. No wonder if she ate the way she was telling me to eat. She was a precious Christian friend who was duped into thinking she had to eat that way to be healthy. I went to a dietician when I had diabetes 2 years ago and she was giving me the same diet my friend had. I knew right then that if I ate the way she wanted me to eat that I would die. So I never went back to her.

My chiropractor told me last year. "Stop dieting. They don't work". My first thought was what do I do? This is hard for me to say or admit, but diets were my god. They took priority over everything. I have set back and wouldn't go to church or to eating functions because I needed to lose weight. You know that senario. I'm sure we've all let our weight hold us back from things we wanted to do but felt we couldn't do. My husband doesn't understand how I feel about our prayer ministry. I told him that I was glad they finally took our names out of the announcements and just put the email address. He said well what are you going to do when the Pastor asks us to stand to remind people who we are? I said "I'll do that I just don't want to be on the spotlight all the time. Maybe it is false humility". As I read this, I realize it always goes back to me being so overweight. I feel like people think I should have more willpower or do something. It has nothing to do with pride or humility... it has to do with being ashamed or feeling bad about how I look. I always dress nice and look nice, but I feel like all people see is "she is fat". Never had anyone say that to me. But as Ryanne or Kellie said I've heard the jokes and heard what people say so I guess I figure everybody probably feels the same way. Enough of that,

What really hit me about the heart illustration the Pastor did the other night was... he marked off a lot of areas in the heart (he didn't name them) and then he said, "As we give Him control of this area (and he erased it), then the Holy Spirit comes in and fills that area." Then Pastor said something that really hurt my heart, he said "When we will not let the Holy Spirit have an area of our heart (Iassume this means when He is dealing with us in an area) because we want to hold on to it, we grieve the Holy Spirit". Boy, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Am I grieving the Holy Spirit when I look to food for comfort or when I look to man to give me another diet to follow instead of allowing Him to lead me and teach me how to get the victory over this area of my life?

He wants to teach me ALL THINGS even how to eat, because that is what Jesus sent Him to me to do. What a revelation. I've had Him in a little box over here that says "spiritual" things only. Never realized this is spiritual growth. It is denying the flesh; dieing to self. It is time for me to let Him out of the box and let Him do His job and just surrender to it. This is called "spiritual" growth.

I remember something my Mama told me when I was pregnant. She said, "Now you are going to learn what surrender means. When it comes time for this baby to be born, all you can do is just let it happen because it is going to be born and you can't do anything but go through it. That is surrender". I've never forgotten that. So now it is time to Surrender and let the Holy Spirt show me how to do this "God's Way".

I thank God for teaching Kellie how to do this and leading her to us. I thank you Kellie for not only listening to Him, but for sharing it with us.

You girls have a BLESSED day in the Lord.

pattygirl63 10-06-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2958376)
We all seem to have been on every "diet" under the sun...oh my. One thing that I laugh about, but have always done with worldly diets...is..."Why is the first thing someone does, when they go on a diet, is to "GO SHOPPING for Food?" LOL...such an oxymoron...when you think about it, it's kind of sad really. We are gluttons, and we want to lose weight but still be able to EAT as much or more than we want! That definitely is not God's way. Denying the flesh isn't easy at first, but the fruit of having the spirit built up is sooooo worth it.
I can't tell you how many things I have tried to lose weight, from anorexia to bulemia to cabbage soup to you name it! It is frustrating and obsessive.
I am so much happier now, having given it to God. I want God in control of every aspect of my life!
One thing God has shown me and I have had revelational knowledge about for a while, I want to share with you. The Bible says we are "changed from glory to glory". Well, God showed me that as we spend time with Him and we are in His presence, that is His glory. So the time spent with Him, is time He spends changing us, so each time we are in His Glory, we are changed." I want to spend all the time with Him I can. I sure want Him to change me, for I know that in my flesh there is nothing good.
:woohoo:

Ryanne-I agree 100%. I think that is another reason why dieting is so bad for me. I spent so much time with the diets that took away from the time I had with the Lord. I often wondered about the kings in the old testament who would turn to God but never tear down the idol worship area in the high places. I have come to believe that those things represent the things in our lives that takes up our time that should be used for the Lord. I didn't think of it that way, but now think unknowingly I allowed diets to became one of those idols in my life. It was easy to do, because I think everyone I know is on some kind of diet. Thank God we are learning how to kick that out of our lives.

Ryanne 10-06-2009 11:44 AM

You are so right...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2958420)
unknowingly I allowed diets to became one of those idols in my life. It was easy to do, because I think everyone I know is on some kind of diet. Thank God we are learning how to kick that out of our lives.

I know now that diets and the desire to be thin were definitely gods to me...food, too. I, like you, spent so much time and energy learning all I could about foods, calories, nutrition, and exercise...it now makes me so sad. I could write a book with all the "knowledge" I have...but what good would it do anyone? Like you said, we have all this knowledge, but it all leads to confusion. Who is the author of confusion? Of course, Satan is. Thank God He is MERCIFUL and loves us and when we hurt, He hurts, when we don't understand, it hurts but God uses this for His Glory, we cannot glory in the flesh or in any diet or eating plan, the Only thing that we can glorify is GOD, and that is how it should be!
I remember once, I wrote a heart wrenching post here at 3FC on how I was sooooo tired of being "OBSESSED". I was at rock bottom with the world's way, even though I had been seeking God about this, I looked to this plan and that plan, and I remember telling God that I don't know what to do, I wanted to do it His way, because my way is not working and all these things are just temporary fixes. I don't want to be thin enough to still be in bondage, I want to be FREE! There is no sense being thin if I am still a glutton or an idol worshipper. Which is funny, because "THIN" seems to have been the most important thing to me, which is idolotry...I didn't care "HOW" I got there, I just wanted there in any way I could get there...and as fast as possible. To be honest, and I do hate to admit this, but I equated thin with "problem free" and "happiness". I would finally be accepted and invited places and my marriage would work. Everything would be perfect.
I would look at thin, beautiful women and girls and think "if they look like that, how could they have any problems?" I really believed that. I was taught a big lesson on this. Just because your body size changes and you maybe look beautiful, you are still human and you still have human problems.
A little story...I had been doing this way of eating with God, and was going along good, until I started doing it "my way"...I didn't realize I took over, at the time. I started over exercising trying to do it in my own power.
Well, I had lost a lot of weight, I don't know how much I lost, because I had thrown the scale out. But I had gotten down to a 10/12 from a 22 or so. Anyway, I became involved with the prayer team at my Church and was trying to get more involved, as I thought, "now I will be acceptable and will make good Godly friends"...well, that didn't happen, really. The only "friend" I did meet was a lady that wanted to "use" me and my husband. I allowed her to use me I should say...and allowed her to use my husband because I really wanted good Christian friendship, and I thought that doing things for others was the way to get this friendship...so I allowed her to give us a dog...big mistake...that dog chewed up our outside wiring, and the phone lines...it was bad...we gave that dog to someone who really loved him. My husband did so much yard work for this lady, it was ridiculous, he trimmed trees and hauled wood...exhausting work on top of his already exhausting job. My husband was abusive with me and my son,(my son was from a previous marriage, in which my husband was murdered, so my "new husband" felt I didn't really love him because I was mourning the death of my son's father.) So I thought because I had lost weight and was going to Church and was on the prayer team, that my husband would suddenly love me. I had two daughters with him, and he always acted like they were his, and not mine. That my son was mine, but the girls were his. He despised me.
One day in Church he made a big abusive scene and walked out of the Church, but he made a big show of going out the door by the pulpit so everyone could see! I was humiliated. I was crying and embarrassed. It was hard.
Finally I stopped the prayer team, I stopped going to Church and I stopped trying to lose weight, I gave up...I was exhausted in trying to lose weight, and it didn't give me the peace and happiness I was seeking.
Only God could. I didn't realize at the time that was what was going on, though, you know we are human and we grow.
I grew up in an abusive home, I was the youngest of ten children, my mother never wanted me, and tried several times to abort me because I was a conception of rape because she already wanted out of the marriage. She did leave when I was 11 months old, and left my dad to raise all of us kids. I was young, but I remember a lot from that time. I remember seeing my daddy crying and he was soooo sad. I remember him sexually abusing me and my sister, who is a year older than I. I remember being in my crib and her pleading at me with her eyes to make him stop, and I remember feeling so helpless. I felt terrible. I allowed my dad to physically abuse me over him beating the other kids, I couldn't stand to see them hurt, so I would beg him to beat me instead so I didn't have to see their pain.
He would make us line up for spankings and he was not a little man, he was 6 feet tall and 300 lbs. He was an angry giant.
We had so many abusive housekeepers, too...but one in particular came when I was about a year and a half old, and my dad couldn't afford to pay her and was about to lose all of us to the state, so he asked her to marry him, and she did. I was 2. She didn't care about us, she made sure our physical needs were met, but emotionally we had no one. She would beat us, make us eat like dogs off the floor, tie us up, it was terrible. Then when my dad came home from work, she would tell him which one of us needed a beating. I could tell he didn't really want to do this, but he did anyway, to keep her happy. When my dad was enraged, it was a beating for whoever was near, he was beaten by his mother, she had mental problems but my grandpa didn't want to institutionalize her...he later had to, but while my dad and his brothers and sisters were growing up, they endured her abuse as did my grandpa.
My step-mother did not help us when she saw our dad being sexually inappropriate with us. She just ignored it and never helped us.
Anyway, I carried a lot of insecurities over into my adulthood and I know God is still helping me with that...and well, I know this time that when my body size changes, that is all that changes, is body size. My body will be healthier, but as for any problems in life, that belongs to God. My ONLY NEED is JESUS DAILY! Now I want nothing more that My God to be MY ONLY GOD...and I will not have any idols before Him.
I will let go of what lies behind and press on to what lies ahead. Knowing God will reward me and I want my life to give HIM glory!:)

Additional note: I did leave that husband.

Bootsie 10-06-2009 05:31 PM

Oh Rayne, my heart cry's for what you have been through. Bless your heart.

"Old things are passed away;behold, all things are become new"

pattygirl63 10-06-2009 06:33 PM

Ryanne:hug: I had a rough time growing up myself, but nothing like what you had. Never sexual. The person who abused me more emotionally than anything else, today is saved and we have a beautiful relationship in Christ Jesus. No one should have to go through any of those things especially what you did. The devil is so mean and our precious Father God is so Good. I am so glad that God brought you out of those situations and you are such a precious person inspite of it all. I think it is so wonderful how God loves us so much that He brings us through such bad situations and some how turns our life into something absolutely beautiful in Christ. I pray God will always bless you with good things, girl.

Ryanne 10-06-2009 08:09 PM

Thank you, guys...

Though those things happened to me and my sisters and brothers, God has really helped me to overcome all of that. I am grateful to Him for that, and I have met many people who have been through worse. I thank God that I can understand how they feel, and I really know their pain, because a lot of people don't understand how much it hurts down to the core of your being and people then behave in a way that others don't or can't understand.
It has helped me to be able to minister to those people and to pray for them and not judge their behavior, for I have been through a very lot and my behavior wasn't right either, but I didn't know how else to be.
People who are hurting hurt people even when they don't want to. My dad and my step mom are still on this earth. I was able to lead my step mother to the Lord, and I am still praying for my dad. He has dimentia, cancer, has had several heart surgeries and diabetes, he has an amputated finger and both legs. He has macular degeneration and cannot see. They both still have mean streaks, and I have really had to keep my children away from them, but I can honestly pray for them and I really do want the best for them.
I know they were hurt while they were growing up, and our resources today are more prevalent to stop the cycle of abuse with our own children than what they knew.
My children have some issues because of the man I married, the girls' father, but they all have a relationship with him and try to include him in activities.
The thing is God can and does trade our ashes for beauty and I am living proof of that mercy and grace and unfailing love.
I didn't write that for anyone to feel sorry for me, I wanted to share that no matter what we go through, God is God and He will turn things around...and if HE is so good to me, I sure don't want to insult Him by having other gods before Him.
;)

pattygirl63 10-06-2009 09:12 PM

Ryanne I understand what are saying. I can't say I know totally you're feelings except from my own situation. When I learned all the person had experienced and the hurts and fears they had gone through, I found it easy to forgive. I also learned that there wasn't anyone that I knew that I would want to go to ****. I have no enemy I would wish that on. So I rejoice with you because of how the Lord has and probably continues to heal you and use you at the same time. God is so Good. And I pray with you that your Dad will accept the Lord before he leaves this world.

Kelli 10-06-2009 09:20 PM

Our dearest sweet beautiful Ryann, we so don't feel sorry for you, we feel AMAZED and blessed by you!!!! Look at what God has done! Your Insides are so much prettier than Angelina Jolie's outside is. I bet the angels are amazed at your beauty (I believe they can see the real beauty of us, our spirit). Thank you so very much for sharing with us, it just shows what our wonderful God can for a precious child that could have been so broken. THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

Trish, your beautiful insights so bless me! I would one day like to share this study with people at my church, but I want you all to come with me, because you are so amazing.

Bootsie, you shared how you were hurt as a child also, it's pretty obvious that when we overeat, diet, etc... any addiction really it's from pain.

Like Trish said at the beginning, it's time we stopped letting ourselves be hurt, we are not victims, we are Victorious Warriors of the ALMIGHTY GOD of HEAVEN and EARTH!!! WOOHOO :cheer3::cheer2::grouphug:

Ryanne 10-07-2009 07:37 AM

Week 1: Day 4

Week 1 Day 4
Do You Want to Be Healed?
Day ___________________________ Date ___________________________

Do you want to be healed? It’s a simple question, and the one Jesus asked of almost every person He healed. So I am asking you to carefully consider this question, DO— YOU—WANT—TO—BE—HEALED? Yes or No

If your answer is no, read through this day then I’ll ask again. If your answer is yes, you need to make the commitment right now, not the commitment to go on another diet, but to change the way you have been thinking for years.

I want to tell you a story that may help you understand why you need to make this commitment. It is a true story about a dear friend of mine. I love my friend but at a young age, she started an unhealthy relationship with an abuser. This abuser was a bully and had no mercy; she would put her down at every turn. The bully would say, “You are stupid you only have a seventh grade education, you’re a loser, you will never lose weight, and you have tried dieting so many times and have never been successful. Your fine for two or three weeks, then you run out of gas, what makes you think this time is different”?

She would make rude comments on the way my friend looked. She would say, “You have huge pores in your nose and a big white, blubbery, pasty, stomach.” She would constantly tell her she was ugly, every single time she caught sight of her she would tell her she was repulsive. It was brutal, and constant, every time my friend had a success the bully would knock her down. Every time my friend was in a social situation, the bully would point out all her faults. She would tell the other people at the party that my friend was fat.

I think the bully in her own sick way was trying to protect my friend, because she would tell my friend “they won’t accept you if you don’t show them you know your not as good as they are, If I build them up by putting you down they might like you.” Then when my friend and the bully were alone, she would berate her for all the stupid things she said at the party.

People who were close to my friend would try to tell her the bully was wrong, but my friend didn’t believe anything good about herself. She had listened to the bully to long. The bully drove her to the brink of suicide. She tried to kill herself three times but thank God, she wasn’t successful.

Do you think my friend could ever be successful as long as she continued the relationship with the bully? ________Why or why not ______________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________

No matter how much self-esteem you have if you are constantly told you are bad, you start to believe it. What do you think happened to my friend in the end? __________

If you haven’t already guessed, I am my friend and I was also the bully. The way I used to talk to myself was horrifying. You cannot succeed; let me say that again YOU ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT SUCCEED UNTIL YOU GET OUT OF THE HABIT OF VERBAL SELF ABUSE. You may as well quit now if you can’t make the commitment to break this habit. Would you talk to your child the way you talk to yourself? It’s time to stop this destructive habit. I can’t stress how important it is for you to end this.

You’re probably thinking, “I can’t stop, I have been doing it too long.” If you try, God will bless it I promise. This is how you do it, you look at yourself in the mirror and if your alone say it out loud, if not, in your mind, “God made me beautiful, I am beautifully and wonderfully made, I am the temple of the Holy Spirit, my steps are ordered by God. God only sees the good in me. I am well able to fulfill the destiny God has planned for my life, look at how good I look, the best is yet to come, look at me, you good looking thing you. God is pleased with me. I am a good friend; I am a wonderful Christian because if not, God would not have chosen me. I try my hardest all the time. God is perfecting me every day. He is well able to give me all I can ask or imagine because He loves me. Everything that God allows in my life is good”… I mean you need to go on and on.

Everyone has a conversation going on in his or her heads at all times (your internal dialog). Your subconscious mind records everything people say to you and what you say to yourself, literally, and records it for later use. If you don't get anything else from this study, take this truth. It is so important.

What are some of the things you say to yourself that are not productive? ________________
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Okay, I hope you got that out of your system, because that is the last time you will ever, ever, ever, say those things to yourself.

It’s dark and sad and no place for a Christian, It’s not arrogant to talk to you in a nice way. Is it a sin to abuse your child verbally? ___________________ is it a sin to verbally abuse your spouse? ____________ You know it’s a sin and a crime to abuse another person verbally. What makes you think God says it’s OK to abuse yourself? You listen to your internal dialog more than you listen to anybody else. You take yourself everywhere you go. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
I’m not talking about being egotistical, I’m not talking to the person who thinks they are better than others are, that is a whole other issue, and I am not telling you, you are better than others I am telling you, you are just as wonderful, special and blessed as anyone.
Read I Corinthians 3:17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Some of the definitions of Defile are: To profane or sully, to demean the pureness or excellence.

What are you doing to the temple God gave you when you abuse yourself? ______________
I was demeaning the beautiful gift God made for me with His own hands. I was so ungrateful. Finish the blanks from the scripture above

I Corinthians 3:17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, _____________________________
For the temple of God is holy, which temple ____________________.

We are not immune to Gods discipline, no wonder my body was falling apart, I was treating it with such distain. Look through all the red text in your New Testament; did Jesus ever, ever put Himself down?

You need to be a caregiver to your self, not a bully. You need to make the commitment to changing the way you talk to yourself, and how you treat yourself. Nurture yourself; look at yourself the way God looks at you. Nurture yourself with Gods words of love to you.

Read Song of Solomon 2:8-14 The voice of my beloved! Behold, he comes leaping upon the mountains, Skipping upon the hills. 9 My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag.*Behold, he stands behind our wall; He is looking through the windows,*Gazing through the lattice. 10 My beloved spoke, and said to me:

“ Rise up, my love, my fair one,*And come away. 11 For lo, the winter is past, The rain is over and gone. 12 The flowers appear on the earth; The time of singing has come, And the voice of the turtledove*Is heard in our land. 13 The fig tree puts forth her green figs,*And the vines with the tender grapes Give a good smell. Rise up, my love, my fair one, And come away!
14 “ O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, In the secret places of the cliff, Let me see your face, Let me hear your voice; For your voice is sweet, *And your face is lovely.”

When you get a chance, read the Song of Solomon, It's a beautiful love song to us from God. It illustrates how God sees us, and how much He loves us, His bride. I was saved for thirty years before I could read this book, because I just couldn’t see myself the way God sees me.
Now I am going to ask you again, the question I asked before…
DO— YOU—WANT—TO—BE—HEALED? Yes or No

If your answer is no, don’t give up, please… just try telling yourself your wonderful. You may feel like you’re lying to yourself, but your not, you’re telling yourself the truth. Pray that God will show you the truth. I admit it was hard to look at myself in the mirror at first. It was even hard look at myself in the eyes, I felt humiliated and weird. For so long I believed I was inferior, it was the place I fit into the world, and it was my identity. I didn’t know it at the time, but it was how I manipulated people into liking me. It was a very unhappy place to be.

Just try it! You will be so surprised at how fast this habit goes away. At first, it is uncomfortable, but after you are finished encouraging yourself in the mirror you feel wonderful, happy, and light, you will be amazed. It only took two or three days for me to stop putting myself down. I had always known it was bad to put myself down, I was always going to stop the self-abuse, but I didn’t know how to do it. I always failed because I didn’t realize how destructive it was, but now I understand, you cannot succeed if you don’t stop self-abusing and start encouraging.

If your answer is yes! Hallelujah! Praise God lets go… Don’t be resistant to the mirror exercise and commit yourself to the healing.

Read Psalm 8
In light of today’s study, what was the scripture or statement in today’s lesson that most spoke to your heart? __________________________________________________ ________

What steps of faith does God want you to take towards Him today? ____________________

Rephrase the scripture or statement into an expression of faith_________________________

Isaiah 55:9 For as the _________ are ****_______ than the ______, so are My _____ _______ than _______ ways, _____ My ________ than your __________.

Ryanne 10-07-2009 08:31 AM

Ah the self destructive abuse...

What a dark place, indeed! When I first read this, I was amazed at how the abuser could keep talking to you like that. That is no friend at all! Then when you shared the abuser was yourself, I could totally relate. l have stopped the negative self talk and I now can see the devil in every negative thing I said to myself.
I am now saying what God says about me, and realize that my whole countenance has changed. Bless you, Kelli, for being obedient to sharing all of this with us.
I really am a person changed because of this study. I act different, I feel different and I am in close fellowship with my God. This study keeps me fed with "my DAILY BREAD".
I am heading out for my morning walk. You all have the most wonderful day! :D

Additional note: Thank you all for your encouragement, and I realize that you all are not feeling sorry for me. I thank you for that. You all are the BEST! I am so blessed to have found you.:grouphug:

pattygirl63 10-07-2009 08:38 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

We talked yesterday about being abused as children. But I must say that I have been the worse abuser of myself over the years. I came to the place that I felt absolutely repulsive when I looked at myself in the mirror. I shared about telling Tony that I didn't even like our names in the church bulletin as head of the enternet prayer ministry. Is it a form of pride? No I see it as such disgust with my looks that I can't see my good points. I know that the real me that is on the inside of this body is a beautiful person, but she seems trapped in this "ugly" flesh of fat.

I battle this bully all the time, but you know when I start confessing what God says about me. I don't feel so ugly. I always dress nice and look as good on the outside as possible. I heard a woman years ago say, "I may have to be fat, but I don't have to be sloppy". I kind of took on that philosophy. But dressing up on the outside, does not get rid of the bully. I have found that the only thing that does that is God's Word.

We or at least I have to continually remind myself that I am God's daughter and that He loves me just like I am. I just have to learn to love myself. Jesus gave to commandments 1. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and strengthe. and 2 Love your neighbor as your self". A few years ago after reading this scripture, I told the Lord "Father, I would have to learn to love myself before I could love my neighbor like I should. I don't love me, Lord. I hate me."

I began to ask Him to help me love myself. Loving me is taking care of my health. It is a process and I'm not there yet. But then growing spiritually is a process. We are "God's workmanship". He is doing the work in us. That is why he has brought us together.

Well, I've got to run. BSF this morning. Catch you later. Y'all have a great day.

Kelli 10-07-2009 10:09 AM

I woke up late again today, I am running, but I want you to know you both made me cry, in a good way...

I love you so much, and am so glad we are here.

We need to pray hard for bootsie today, I don't know if you have seen her posts on the Encourager's thread, but she can't even get on this thread (Born again encouragers!!!) At first she could just post small posts, now she can't even see the thread!!

I know God wants her here and Satan doesn't.

Well I gotta run!

Love, Kelli

Ryanne 10-07-2009 07:49 PM

I have been praying for Bootsie...

I feel that it is a hindrance, too, but God is stronger!
I wanted to bless you all with something that has been a blessing to me. It is something from Joyce Meyer's teaching, and I thought it might bless you guys. It is about "HEALING".
Proverbs 4:20-22 says "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life to those that find them, and health to all their flesh.: (KJV)
The Hebrew word for “health” in verse 22 is “medicine.” God’s Word is medicine to all our flesh. The medicine He*prescribes is His Word.

Many people make the mistake of substituting belief in healing for the actual taking of God’s medicine – His Word. They say, “I believe in healing” without actually taking the medicine. What good would it do for you to believe in food if you didn’t eat it? You would starve. What good would it do for you to believe in water if you didn’t actually drink any? You would die of thirst.

God’s Word is His medicine. There are several parallels between God’s medicine and natural medicine.

First: God’s Word is a healing agent, just as natural medicine is a healing agent or catalyst. In other words, the medicine itself contains the capacity to produce healing. Inherent within God’s Word is the capacity, the energy, the ability, and the nature to effect healing in your body.
The key to partaking of the life and healing energy in the Word is feeding on the Word until it penetrates your spirit where it deposits that life and energy.

Second: We might say that medicine is no respecter of persons. It will work for anyone who takes it. It is not a matter of if God is willing or not willing to heal any individual, but whether or not the individual will receive healing by taking the medicine that produces it.

Third, and most important: Medicine must be taken according to directions to be effective. Some medicine labels read, “Take internally”; others say, “Take externally.” If you had a cut and you were to put a salve on it, it would help, but if you "ate the salve" it wouldn't help you. To take it once in a while*when the directions say four times a day will mean limited results, if any. No matter how good the medicine is, it must be taken according to the directions or it won’t work. So it is with God’s medicine. It must be taken according to directions for it to work.
The directions for taking God’s medicine are found in:

Proverbs 4:20-21 – Attend to them, incline your ear to them, don’t let them depart from before your eyes, and keep them in the midst of your heart.

Attending to them, inclining your ear to them, and keeping them before your eyes causes the Word to get into the midst of your heart. It is only as God’s Words get in the midst of your heart and stay there that they produce healing in your body. Head knowledge won’t do. They are going to have to penetrate to your spirit through meditation – attending, hearing, looking, muttering, musing, pondering – to produce healing in your body. But once they do penetrate, they will surely bring health to all your flesh. … let them penetrate deep within your heart. (Living Bible)

You can see again that God’s way of healing is spiritual. Power is ministered first to your spirit, then distributed to your body. God’s medicine must be taken internally. Listen, instead of wondering whether you have enough faith to be healed, just take the medicine. Feed on healing scriptures several times a day, repeating them over and over again to yourself. The medicine itself will work if you will get it inside of you.

Fourth: Remember that it takes time for medicine to work. Most people give natural medicine a lot of time, patience, and money to work. They take the prescription back for refills and more refills. They are diligent about it. They don’t just take one dose and expect a miracle. Keep taking God’s medicine. Give it time to work.

Take your medicine. Say healing Scriptures to yourself. Meditate or think about what you are saying to get it in your spirit. His Word is medicine to all your flesh. :book2:

Kelli 10-07-2009 08:54 PM

Hello, Ladies!

When I am at work all I want to to is get home and read these posts, they are such a blessing and I am gaining so much more than I did when I just went through the study. I really believe studying the Bible in a group like this is really very helpful. God will show one person this and another that, and I just sit back and get so blessed!!

Quote:

We talked yesterday about being abused as children. But I must say that I have been the worse abuser of myself over the years. I came to the place that I felt absolutely repulsive when I looked at myself in the mirror. I shared about telling Tony that I didn't even like our names in the church bulletin as head of the enternet prayer ministry. Is it a form of pride? No I see it as such disgust with my looks that I can't see my good points. I know that the real me that is on the inside of this body is a beautiful person, but she seems trapped in this "ugly" flesh of fat.
Trish when you shared this before, I knew we were coming up on this lesson, so I didn't want to say anything then, but you are so beautiful. Your spirit, the eternal part of you is so precious. I know how it feels to feel repulsed by myself, and we don't deserve it. Instead of abusing others (like our abusers did) we abuse ourselves... and just like Ryann, or Bootsie or you or me didn't deserve to be abused by our abuser's we don't deserve the abuse we heap on ourselves. I still struggle with it sometimes.

I have to tell you all, when I read these posts, Yours Trish, Ryann's (and when she can get on,) Bootsies, I cry, I laugh, I get goosebumps (I call them Holy Ghost Bumps). It just blesses me all day long.

Quote:

Fourth: Remember that it takes time for medicine to work. Most people give natural medicine a lot of time, patience, and money to work. They take the prescription back for refills and more refills. They are diligent about it. They don’t just take one dose and expect a miracle. Keep taking God’s medicine. Give it time to work.
This is what Hit me hard today, that is so true, I am so impatient for this medicine to work, I want it yesterday. The time it takes to work is actually such a treasure because all the wonderful things you learn from the healing.

I beat myself up for overeating or wanting something, then Jesus reminds me, it's a process that takes time sometimes. He never told the sick people He healed that "As long as you "be good" your healing will be in effect" (or affect, I never know which one to use ;)) . "But as soon as you make a mistake you will no longer be healed".

I believe I am healed, and I believe that naturally thin people have days when they overeat too. SO I WILL BE NICE TO MYSELF. Can you tell I overate today, we had a safety luncheon today at work to celebrate 700,000 safe work hours. This morning I had a small pumpkin sweet roll, and for lunch we had Chicken Fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, ice cream... anyway I overdid it a little... BUT I WILL TRUST GOD AND LEAVE IT UP TO HIM and not OBSESS!!!

I love you all, talk to you later.
Love, Kelli

Bootsie 10-07-2009 10:08 PM

It has let me on to post! I hope I don't loose y'all posting. I have had a BAD DAY! I have not been able to say anything right, write anything right, I just hate myself right now.

I must tell you I have quit another Bible study to do this Bible Study with y'all because I did not feel I could do both. I have the feeling the last few days not being able to post and share my heart with y'all, God was telling me I made the wrong choice, but I think it is Satan working on me, trying to run me off, for when y'all started praying for me , well here I am , what can I say but this is where I belong. Thank you for the prayers! :hug:

Today's study seems to really hit home with me today. I wish I could just slap myself silly for not keeping in touch with my friends, even if I never hear from them! I really hate myself right now and yes I come down on myself harder than anyone else because i expect more out of myself.
Well best go and get to work and tell my friends from the past Hello and I love them!

Kelli 10-07-2009 10:27 PM

BOOOOOOTSSSSSIIIIII!!!! Why are you being so mean to our friend? You have so much to do on your farm and at your store, you are too hard on yourself! Stop it! :nono:

Why was your day so bad? What happened? Please don't say you hate yourself. You can be mad at yourself, you can even say you made a mistake, but Please don't say you hate yourself. You don't deserve that! God doesn't want you to do that. EVERYBODY has a bad day or a day where thay can't say or do anything right, but that's the difference, between a healthy soul and a hurt soul. The healthy soul can acknowledge they made a mistake, they take that pain into themselves then turn around and relase it to God, knowing He forgives them because they are human and not God.

The hurting soul takes it in and absorbs the pain, but then the pain goes all around there brain bouncing all over the place causing more damage.

I think your right about needing to be here, because most of the study deals with self esteem issues, and you need to get some Jesusteem girl. I wish you could see yourself the way I see you. I absolutly love it when you tell us about how you chase cyotes with a stick. :rofl: It makes me feel like I am watching the funniest sitcom!

You said
Quote:

I wish I could just slap myself silly
Well you can't slap yourself silly, because it's too late, your already silly :dizzy: for saying those things about yourself. Your friends, if they are in tune with you and Jesus. They know how extremely busy you are with your farm and your store...

We love you Bootsie, and you belong here!!!:hug:

Ryanne 10-07-2009 10:42 PM

Oh, Bootsie,

Girl, You do belong here! I have been praying for you and I know that God loves you soooo much because HE has put you on my heart a lot!!!!
I love you, Bootsie...and am glad you were able to post.
Kelli, thank you for your posts, and yes, everyone overeats sometime...they are called feasts...and those are okay once in a while. A celebration is a celebration...we don't have many feast days, so as long as you are feasting, feast, but we just don't feast every day.
Feasting is different from normal eating, it is a time for celebration and yes we overeat on those days.
It's okay.
Trish, your post was a real blessing to me,too. Yes, sometimes we can be our own abusers, which means that we can have mercy with those who abuse or have abused us, because, see, we have the same sin as they do. When we abuse ourselves, it is just as bad or worse than abusing someone else. For we are God's Anointed and He doesn't want us speaking against HIS ANOINTED!
I love you all! I am so blessed by each and every one of you...God is so good!

pattygirl63 10-08-2009 12:54 AM

Awe Bootsie:hug: I don't know what happened with you, but please don't be so hard on yourself. I also believe that you belong here. As for your Bible Study you quit, we all make those mistakes. I started BSF last year and quit because of a lot of things that were going on at the time. Later I wished I had continued going, because nothing that was the problem when I quit got solved by me quiting. But that is behind me now. I decided to go this year and made a commitment to me and to the Lord that I will finish it. I got throught week 9 on the Diet Bible Study and had planned to stop and pick up lesson 10 next summer when BSF started and had put all my materials away. Then y'all decided to start this thread. I knew I needed to be a part of this. Kellie said I didn't have to do the lessons over since I was doing the other study, but I felt I needed to go along with y'all. I only go over the lessons to see what I did before. What I'm finding is that here 2 months later, I am seeing things a little differently than I did back then. I say that to say that you are where you belong. If you missed it with the other class, God will make a way for you to do that as well. If He doesn't, don't beat yourself up because He has another plan. Be good to yourself. And stick around. I sure missed you and prayed you would be able to post here. You are such a blessing and I too enjoy you sharing your animal stories.:D You are sooooo special to all of us here and I would hate for us to lose you.

Quote:

I believe I am healed, and I believe that naturally thin people have days when they overeat too. SO I WILL BE NICE TO MYSELF. Can you tell I overate today, we had a safety luncheon today at work to celebrate 700,000 safe work hours. This morning I had a small pumpkin sweet roll, and for lunch we had Chicken Fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, ice cream... anyway I overdid it a little... BUT I WILL TRUST GOD AND LEAVE IT UP TO HIM and not OBSESS!!!
Kellie It is true that thin people have days they eat more than others. I watched this with Tony's daughter. There are days she eats a lot especially if she goes out to eat or to a special occasion. And then there are times she hardly eats anything. I think she is like I was when I was thin, food just doesn't hold a special interest to her. Oh to have that attitude again.:dizzy: Thanks again for sharing so much with us and letting me see that I am not alone. We have all had the same feelings.

Ryanne Thanks for sharing the Joyce Meyer things. I love her and have most of her books and some of her tapes, cds and dvds. You have given me lots to think about, girl. Thanks for reminding me of some things that I have let slip and need to get back to. I appreciate you.

I have felt like I was getting no where with my eating. Not losing any weight yet. Today I ate breakfast earlier because of BSF meeting. Got home and was hungry and ate an apple because I knew Tony would be up soon and hungry. Didn't feel really good physically at meeting and by the time he was up and ready to eat, I was really feeling weak. Once I ate, I was fine. I've been experiencing that a bit lately especially when I go way too long without eating. I'm not hungry for a long time and then when it hits me I am weak until I eat. Strange thing is that once I ate dinner, I was fine. Just kind of snacked a little the rest of the day as needed and all was fine. The thing is though that I'm not hungry much and have no cravings which is a real blessing to me.

It is late. So I'm going to bed. Catch y'all tomorrow.

Ryanne 10-08-2009 01:40 AM

Trish,

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 2961429)
I've been experiencing that a bit lately especially when I go way too long without eating. I'm not hungry for a long time and then when it hits me I am weak until I eat. Strange thing is that once I ate dinner, I was fine.

It is late. So I'm going to bed. Catch y'all tomorrow.

This happens to me sometimes too, usually it is blood sugar dips, but also I usually get like that one or two days before that time of the month. It is a hormonal imbalance. So, I know what you are talking about. It happened to me yesterday, and the thing is, I drank an "ENSURE" in the morning and so it shouldn't have happened, but I wasn't hungry, just started feeling that way, when I got home, I ate and within about 15 minutes was fine. Weird, eh? Well, anyway, just letting you know that is not that uncommon, but you might want to mention it to your dr. next visit. :hug:

Ryanne 10-08-2009 05:14 AM

Week 1: Day 5

Week 1 Day 5
Nourished in the Words of Faith

On day two, we learned it does not profit us to be occupied by food. The reason we are over weight is that we have become too focused on the food and berating yourself when you can’t control how much you eat. Dieting has not made us less focused but more. We are infatuated with the latest diet fad, and this takes our focus off God the one who truly deserves our devotion.

Read I Timothy 4:1-8 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. 6 If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. 7 But reject profane and old wives' fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.

According to the passage, should we abstain from certain foods such as carbohydrates, meat, and fat? __________________________

God created all foods and we can eat with thanksgiving. God is the same yesterday today and always. I have heard Christians say you should be a vegetarian, because Daniel abstained from the Kings food and only ate grains and veggies. He did that because of Jewish laws, but we are under the new covenant and this passage proves it. The Bible says ALL creatures, which means ALL creatures!

According to I Timothy 4:3 above, how are we to receive the gift of food God has provided? __________________________________________________ _________________________

When you run to the food for comfort and you’re not hungry, you gain weight. What kind of spirits does the Bible say you are listening to when you abstain from certain foods God gave you to enjoy? (Verse 1) __________________________________________________ _____

Look at the line that says nourished in the words of faith. The word nourished is defined as; to promote the growth and development of... Has the circumstance of your being overweight made you feel nourished?

List some of the reasons you turn to food when you’re not hungry.

We run to food because it gives us a feeling of being nurtured and nourished. We think it gives us comfort and love. How do you feel after going on an eating binge? _______

Does it feel you have promoted the growth and development of your life in any way? _______ It depresses you and makes you feel ashamed, heartbroken and tired all the time. It makes you down on yourself and gives you a reason for self-abuse. You are going to learn, you’re not a slave to your sin. You have been listening to the greatest liar ever. Satan is the father of all lies.

Once your body stops growing its surprising how little food we need to sustain us. You’ve probably been eating at least twice as much as you need, maybe more.

As mentioned earlier, the dictionary defines nourished as; to promote the growth and development of... the dictionary leaves it blank, so you can fill it in. I always thought nourished had something to do with food. I associated food with comfort. I think we all do.

Review, I Timothy 4:1-8, the Bible says to promote and develop the growth of the spirit by the words of faith. Think about the previous diets you’ve been on; was the focal point what you look like? We have been trying to fix the wrong problem, being preoccupied with how we look. We’ve put the solution to our weight problem on the back burner. The answer is to develop our spirit before any thing else, then all else will right itself. Luke 11:9-13 says, Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.

Every time Jesus healed someone, He was always more concerned about their spiritual condition. Read the following passage.

Mark 2:1-12 And again He entered Capernaum after some days, and it was heard that He was in the house. 2 Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive them, not even near the door. And He preached the word to them. 3 Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men. 4 And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying.
5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven you."
6 And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, 7 "Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, "Why do you reason about these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, "Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, "Arise, take up your bed and walk'? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"--He said to the paralytic, 11 "I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house." 12 Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, "We never saw anything like this!”

Jesus took care of the paralyzed man’s spiritual need before healing the physical by saying “your sins are forgiven.” Physical healing is important to Jesus but it was secondary to spiritual healing.

Mark 5:34 And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.”

When we think of the word peace, we think of peace of mind. The word Shalom, is the Hebrew word for Peace, but it means much more. It means completeness, it means salvation. It means a restored relationship.

Remember we can only nourish our spirit by things of the Spirit. Nourishing our spirit is critical. When our spirit is well nourished, we won’t need to try to fill it with food that doesn’t satisfy.

I Timothy 4:8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things.

The Dictionary defines godliness as being devoted to God. God will be taking the pounds off while the spirit’s being filled. The weight will naturally decrease.

If you don’t exercise you will still lose weight, although you may come to a point were you want to, because it will make you feel better but remember it only profits a little so don’t put exercise over your daily devotion.

According to the Word of God what is more profitable physical exercise or spiritual exercise? __________________________________________________ ________________

Write I Timothy 4:8 __________________________________________________ _

The first day of this diet, we're reminded Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. In the same scripture it says do not be occupied with foods. Today we found spiritual well-being is more important than our physical well-being. Do you think you have the confidence in God, the creator and ruler of the universe to know what our bodies need? If you believe, you need to stop doing weird diets, which make you count calories, or have only certain foods in certain combinations at certain times of the day. Trust Jesus He declared all foods clean.

Read the following scriptures, use your own Bible to fill in the blanks.
Mark 7: 14-20 when He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear Me, everyone, and understand: 15 There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. 16 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!” 17 When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable. 18 “Are you thus without understanding also? 19&20 __________________________________________________ ____
_______________ 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts. Adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, and evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”
The need or desire is not generated from the food. We don’t need to overeat; it’s the desire form within. The problem with being so preoccupied with how we look, and being obsessed with the physical is, it creates the obsession for dieting and food.

READ: Psalm 1 and 118:8-9

In light of today’s study, what was the scripture or statement in today’s lesson that most spoke to your heart? __________________________________________________ ________

What steps of faith does God want you to take towards Him today? ____________________

Rephrase the scripture or statement into an expression of faith_________________________

Isaiah 55:9 __________________________________________________ _______________

Kelli 10-08-2009 10:27 AM

The part of the lesson for me today, was one of the Scriptures in the daily reading,

Psalm 1: 3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

I was going along great for the longest time, and suddenly when I started to post the study, I started feeling I was becoming out of control again... I realize now it's because I could see God working and using the study so I felt I had to be in control again, so I would resist eating instead of giving it to God, and then it started to scare me, then I started trying to manipulate my weightloss... anyway, I need to remember confusion is not from God, all things in His time. I will fall into His arms and relax. It's weird evertime I ask God what's going on all of a sudden a scripture pops in my head.

Luke 22:30-3231 And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”

While I have been writing this that song came on the radio. "God's not finished with me yet" the chorus goes like this.

There is hope for me yet
Because God won’t forget
All the plans he’s made for me
I have to wait and see
He’s not finished with me yet

Still wondering why I’m here
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on I go
I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something.

HE IS SO GOOD!

Trish, and Ryann, I don't know if it will help, but I would sometimes get that weak feeling, and I prayed about it and Jesus told me it was my body having to work harder to use the fat storage because it was out of calories...

Of course you need to do what God and your doctor tell you. But ask Him, He will give you wisdom. I don't have those feelings anymore, but I know when our bodies are addicted to stuff the flesh fights for it. But please don't think I am saying don't go to your doctor. Yours may be a totally different feeling. I know when my thin daughter doesn't always get the hunger pains, what she gets when she is hungry is really hot and weak feeling. maybe you are like I was and hadn't felt hunger for so long I forgot what it felt like???

Well I have to run, running late for work ~again

Love, Kelli

Ryanne 10-08-2009 12:34 PM

Eating with Thanksgiving:

I pray before I eat, and well, I just got to thinking, most time it's just "lip service". We have been really telling God lately that we are thankful. Sometimes it's easy for me to tell Him that I am thankful for clothes and money, but I get embarrassed to really get excited and thank Him for the food that He has given us for the nourishment of our bodies. I have had such a LUST/HATE relationship with food for soooo long. Like the woman in the Bible who had been afflicted by the devil for 18 years, and she had a curvature of the spine and couldn't even stand up straight, I am ready to give up things that have afflicted me for years. I let go of what lies behind and press forward to what lies ahead. The flesh was lusting after food, but I am a new creation and I no longer do that. I am well balanced in every area of my life. I don't hate the food, God made food for us to use as our daily nourishment for our bodies.
I am not going to despise what God has given me.
Last week we were down to just a little food left in the cupboards, it could have lasted us a week or two, but we were down to rice and beans, peanut butter and jelly, stirfry and shrimp, (which we had already eaten so much of that it was getting redundant), and some potatoes and oranges. I was lusting after food that wasn't in the house. Then I realized I wasn't being content with whatever state I was in, and was despising what food God had provided for us. I apologized to Him and settled myself to be content with what was in the house, just thanking God that we did have food.
We forget sometimes that He is our Provider and He does provide well for us.
I decide today, that when I eat, I will be thankful, whether I am abounding or abased. Therefore whatever state I am in I decide to be content. :dancer:

pattygirl63 10-08-2009 04:11 PM

I have been thinking about the fact that Jesus said all food is clean. Several years ago, I was told that I couldn't eat gluten, but not much was known about it and it seemed like too much trouble so I forgot about it. Oh it would cross my mind from time to time, but not seriously considered it. Recently I've seen and heard a lot about it so I looked it up. I definitely have a gluten intolerance. I share this to share an experience I had recently when grocery shopping.

I was in the grocery store and looking for bread. I suddenly I saw gluten free bread. It impressed me so that I picked it up and looked at the calorie and fiber count, but it was more calories and less fiber than the bread I usually buy which is whole wheat 40 calorie 5g fiber per slice. I kept thinking that I needed to go back and buy the gluten free bread instead of what I bought. Now after some research I've done, I am confident that God was leading me to switch to gluten free foods. He has been leading me to eat a certain way and I have to admit that I have not been following Him. I'm sorry to say that I did not obey Him. I never went back and got it. Even saw gluten free foods in other places and passed them up. While I don't overeat or have cravings any more, I'm not eating the right foods for my body.

I was really searching for Tony because of how he has been feeling and the doctors cannot find what is wrong with him. When I read the symptoms of Gluten Intolerance, I found that the Health Practitioner that I went to years ago was right. Since I have prayed for God to teach me how to eat, I now realize that He was trying to show me what is wrong and that my body cannot handle certain grains which includes wheat are damaging my body. Which is why God was telling me not to eat it.

There are certain foods that I have not wanted to give up. But I'm beginning to see how those foods which I thought gave me comfort are the very foods that could steal my health and even my life from me.

I am so thankful to God for loving me so much that He did not give up on me. I read that when I start eating right the body even heals itself. Sure proves what Paul said in 1Co 6:12 CEV translation to be true. He said "Some of you say, 'We can do anything we want to.' But I tell you that not everything is good for us". In fact, it may be lawful for me to eat what ever I want of those foods with Gluten, but it is also harmful to my body.

I have been praying for God to show me how to eat "healthy" for my body. I felt He was the only One who knows exactly what I need to be healthy since He is the One who created my body. So I will eat the way the Lord has been trying to show me that I need to eat so I can be healthy. And as you said Ryanne, I will do it with Thanksgiving. I am going to do my best NOT to complain about what I cannot have and seek to Thankfully Rejoice for what I CAN have remembering that God has shown me how to eat so I can be happy because I will feel good, be clear minded and healthy.
Thank God He did not leave me to die in my sin.

Ryanne I guess I am making the same decision as you today, that when I eat, I will be thankful, whether I am abounding or abased. Therefore whatever state I am in I decide to be content. It is my choice, I will pick foods I like from what is allowed and enjoy it and be thankful for it.

Quote:

maybe you are like I was and hadn't felt hunger for so long I forgot what it felt like???
Kellie Psalm 1:3 is one of my favorite scriptures and love the word to the song. Yes I agree with you. When I started eating IE way of eating, I had a hard time recognizing the difference in "true" hunger and "mouth" hunger... did just think I wanted something to eat or just wanted the taste of a certain food. I found times that I would stand at the fridge or panty wanting something, but didn't know what. Finally decided that I wanted something but couldn't put a name of food to it that I wasn't really hungry.

GOD IS SO GOOD!!! And I appreciate each one of you.

Have a good evening. Catch you later.

Ryanne 10-08-2009 07:16 PM

I am pondering this today...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelli (Post 2961860)
Trish, and Ryann, I don't know if it will help, but I would sometimes get that weak feeling, and I prayed about it and Jesus told me it was my body having to work harder to use the fat storage because it was out of calories...

Of course you need to do what God and your doctor tell you. But ask Him, He will give you wisdom. I don't have those feelings anymore, but I know when our bodies are addicted to stuff the flesh fights for it. But please don't think I am saying don't go to your doctor. Yours may be a totally different feeling. I know when my thin daughter doesn't always get the hunger pains, what she gets when she is hungry is really hot and weak feeling. maybe you are like I was and hadn't felt hunger for so long I forgot what it felt like???

Love, Kelli

You know, Kelli, I know what hunger is, and you may be right about this being the body's usage of stored fat. If it is, I will stop fearing it. Usually when this happens I try to get food in me as fast as I can because I feel like I may faint. I'm going to pray about this. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring what you were saying...I have been pondering it since I read it...just something that needs some prayer.
Thank you, Kelli.
Trish, I think a person could do well on a gluten free diet, there are many products available that don't have gluten. I have kind of looked into it, but not much. I'm sorry that when you talk about Tony, I don't know who that is, but does that person have Celiac disease? Anyway, I'd be interested to know the benefits you get from eating this way. I have some gut problems, but God is not leading me to eat that way, even though I have looked into it.
But let me know how your symptoms change and if you feel healthier.
Right now, I feel I need to seek God in prayer, so I will talk to you all later. Have a good evening.
It is raining so much here. I'll bet Bootsie is getting some of this down in Texas...I know that OKC had this storm earlier.
Anyway, have a good evening. I'll be on later.

Ryanne 10-08-2009 09:41 PM

I'm back to post...

I just got in some "confusion" about what to eat and how to eat and needed to pray about it. Like I said, I have so much knowledge about nutrition that sometimes it can be confusing when you are living in liberty. I feel that the basic concept of the way we eat is right. Basically here is what the plan is for "Me and My Family". I have already shared some of the health things I have going on, and my daughter also has some health problems and we are believing God for the manifestation of our healing, since "by His stripes we WERE and are healed."
Anyway, I do watch sat. fats, too much salt and too much sugar. I eat when I am hungry for breakfast and lunch, sometimes skipping one or both, I have decided I am doing a permanent fast of snacking between meals and not eating when I am not hungry, except for supper, which we sit down as a family and eat together, and feast days (Birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years and Easter, Anniversary and maybe a special occasion here or there). I will drink enough liquids to stay hydrated. We eat desserts 2x per week. I exercise (whatever I choose) at least 30 minutes at least 6 days per week.
I have decided that if I do go through what we talked about, the dizziness, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. If I eat, I eat...I will be led by the Holy Spirit.
I believe that educating myself about nutrition has been good because I think that we should have basic nutritional knowledge, especially if we do have growing children or health issues.
I'm sorry for rambling, it's just I got into some confusion and had to get it straightened out, because I refuse to be obsessed with this and want to keep my mind stayed on the Lord and not about what I should or shouldn't be eating.
I know that I know that there are certain foods I KNOW that I should abstain from just for my body's sake. Just as there are certain things I avoid for the glory of God, like alcohol.
This post is mainly for me, as I sought God and my husband's advice so I am not constantly second guessing myself.
:dizzy:

Kelli 10-08-2009 11:17 PM

I think this study is one you need to pray and ask God if it applies to you. It is what I prayed about and it applied to Mylissa and I. I think what is cool is we are all asking God to be our Diet guide, and look what He is teaching you about your own bodies!!

The only thing I feel real strong about is, we shouldn't get caught up in the whole "dieting" scenario and spend too much time and energy on the content of the food and become legalistic.

Ryann, I think you deciding to fast snacking between meals forever... hum... I just hope if you don't follow this perfectly, you don't get discouraged with it and feel like you have failed. Those snacks my become a forbidden fruit for you. But of course you have to do what God tells you to do. :)

You guys have a wonderful evening.

Love, Kelli

Ryanne 10-08-2009 11:37 PM

I think that we have been under attack as far as what to eat is concerned...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelli (Post 2962883)
I think what is cool is we are all asking God to be our Diet guide, and look what He is teaching you about your own bodies!!

The only thing I feel real strong about is, we shouldn't get caught up in the whole "dieting" scenario and spend too much time and energy on the content of the food and become legalistic.

Ryann, I think you deciding to fast snacking between meals forever... hum... I just hope if you don't follow this perfectly, you don't get discouraged with it and feel like you have failed. Those snacks my become a forbidden fruit for you. But of course you have to do what God tells you to do. :)

It seems that Bootsie, Trish and I have all been attacked in the area of "what to eat"...but it is good, because I realized that I am doing what I believe is what God would have me to do for me and my family. I had some other things going on today that just seemed too much to carry, and thank God that we can give Him all of our concerns and know He is in control! So, anyway, I think I had a weak point that Satan just kind of honed in on.
I agree, it's not about that Kelli, but it was just something that I got caught up with today.
Yes, Kelli, I do believe that we should not be snacking, financially and because of a problem my daughter has health wise, she is not able to, and we have been fasting that, and now I don't really care about snacking...but ya, I agree to not be legalistic about it.
The whole family has agreed we will all eat the same way, and if one cannot have then we will all be supportive and eat the same way so one does not have to go it alone.
We are united and we will all eat the same way.
Today has been a trying day and I am not feeling very well today, so I am gonna call it a night.
Until tomorrow, God Bless You All.

pattygirl63 10-08-2009 11:55 PM

Ryanne Tony is my husband. No I don't think he has Celiac Disease, but I'm thinking that he is probably gluten intolerant as I am. We both have a lot of the symptoms. I don't know if he will try to be tested for it or we will just avoid the foods that have gluten in it. I have thought for a long time that I might not should eat wheat, but I wanted to get my grains. Now I'm thinking that this may be the reason I haven't been able to lose weight. I read someone's writing somewhere else on 3fc who said that when she quit eating wheat that she lost 4 lbs almost immediately.

Kellie Although I feel there are foods I do need to avoid due to gluten, I agree with you about being caught up in diets. Besides there are many things that the diet does allow that I know that I just cannot handle. I think I mentioned before that Tony like to munch on chips. He keeps a bag on hand and he doesn't have any problem eating a few and then putting away the bag. I don't like regular chips, but they are his favorite. I have to admit that love Ruffles and could eat the whole bag full in one setting. Therefore, I no longer bring Ruffles in the house. I never get tempted to eat the regular ones because I don't like the texture. That said I know what I can buy and what I cannot.

I hope Bootsie is able to get to us soon.

Night ladies.

Bootsie 10-09-2009 12:09 AM

Kelli you are so right, I have noticed Jesus leading each one of us in the direction he wants us to follow. Is that not Amazing! He knows us better than we know ourselves. That just proves to me, he is there guiding us on our road to victory we need to listen to what our bodies are telling us because he made each one of us different and unique and do what is best for our body and our soul. You know i don't want to look like no Beauty Queen, HA! I am 56 years old fixing to be 57 ,all this dear old Texan wants is to be healthy and to have a beautiful heart for Jesus. Does that make sense?

It is suppose to rain in the morning, hope our back tank fills up this time.

pattygirl63 10-09-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootsie (Post 2962918)
Kelli you are so right, I have noticed Jesus leading each one of us in the direction he wants us to follow. Is that not Amazing! He knows us better than we know ourselves. That just proves to me, he is there guiding us on our road to victory we need to listen to what our bodies are telling us because he made each one of us different and unique and do what is best for our body and our soul. You know i don't want to look like no Beauty Queen, HA! I am 56 years old fixing to be 57 ,all this dear old Texan wants is to be healthy and to have a beautiful heart for Jesus. Does that make sense?

It is suppose to rain in the morning, hope our back tank fills up this time.

Bootsie Decided to check one more time before I go to bed. So glad you made it here. Thought of you all day. Beautifully said. That is my desire as well. To be healthy and have a beautiful heart for Jesus and to fulfill the plan He has planned for my life. When is your sweetie taking you to see the Grandbaby?

Ryanne 10-09-2009 08:13 AM

Week 2: Day 1

Week 2 Day 1
A Change of Heart, a New Creation

Even though I had been a Christian a long time, and reading my Bible almost everyday. I never thought to go to the Bible to resolve my weight problem. I didn’t consider it a diet guide. I would pray, asking God to help me with a particular diet, but I never thought of the Bible as the starting place. However, the more I read the Bible the more I realized it is a rich source of knowledge and insight for every known problem. The word is our guide for living every aspect or our life. This ancient document is just as practical today as it was six thousand years ago, Solomon wrote:

Ecclesiastes 1:9, 10 That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun. 10 Is there anything of which it may be said, "See, this is new"? It has already been in ancient times before us.

Read Psalm 118:8-9
It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man, 9It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in princes.

Who should you put your confidence about losing weight in? ______ Read Colossians 2: 20-23 20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— 21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22 which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

This scripture nails it; it’s exactly what we have been doing with our frantic dieting. Why are we living as if we don’t have all this knowledge and wisdom at our fingertips?

It’s not a food issue; it’s a head and heart problem. If there weren’t a consequence for overeating, we wouldn’t have difficulty in resisting it. It wouldn’t be forbidden. An addict is someone who can’t get enough; they want more, and more. How many people do you know who are addicted to water? We are rebellious. I don’t have a problem with praying to God for help finding my keys, yet somehow I always conveniently forget to pray for help in resisting the temptation to eat the last of my Mucho Grande Over Stuffed Big Fat Burrito.

In a recent study done in Switzerland. The participants were blindfolded while eating. They ate less and felt just as full. It was determined; when they couldn’t see what they were eating, they paid more attention to their inner cues.

The desire for forbidden fruit is our real problem. I read a story in my little daily devotional, “Our Daily Bread.” The title was forbidden fruit. It was about a resort hotel in Texas, they had a sign in each room saying “No fishing off the balcony.” Yet every day the hotel guests would throw their line into the water. When the management decided to just give up and remove the signs, the fishing stopped. We are a defiant people and need to have a heart transformation, if we are ever going to be successful at losing weight and the only way to have a heart or thought transformation is through the power of the most High God.
Let me ask you a question. Have you felt any of the diets you’ve tried before with all their rules and regulation worked on changing your heart?

Do you think your problem could be you have been trying to change the food and not your mind/heart? _________________

In other words none of these diets did anything to help you battle against the indulgences of the flesh.

The way to change your mind is easy. You are in the habit of thinking negatively and you need to break that habit. You have to get up every morning and say I am a beautiful creation of the almighty God. Look at yourself in the mirror and say I'm beautiful, thank you God for giving me such a fine-looking body. Every part of my body works so well.

If you are going to be successful with this or any other part of your life, you have to be nice to yourself. Even if you don’t feel like you are beautiful, DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO THINK THAT! You must, must get rid of all negative thoughts, start getting in the habit of complimenting yourself. You take yourself everywhere you go; you might as well enjoy it. Read Philemon 1:6 That the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Rewrite the previous scripture in your own words. __________________________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

The verse says, "Every good thing in you is in Christ". God does not want you walking around thinking negatively about yourself. You can’t share your faith effectively, unless you acknowledge God has created you for good things, that you are good in Christ. You can’t be effective in sharing your faith if you have not acknowledged how wonderful God has made you!

Read, II Corinthians: 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

When you turned your heart over to Jesus and gave him lordship of your heart, you died to your will and the world’s rules and became a new creation in Christ.

Read Galatians 5:22,23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

I used to read this scripture and think, I have joy, peace, longsuffering… but when I came to the self-control fruit, I would think, Someday God would give me that gift. I believed a deception, and one day it dawned on me. I already have all the fruits of the Spirit. I received them when I asked God into my heart. We automatically get the fruits when we get saved, it’s part of the package. I realized I had been listening to that bully Satan. You have to understand that Satan is a liar. He is the accuser of the brethren

Read Revelation 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.

Read about what Jesus said about Satan when the Pharisees were trying to trip Him up with lies. John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Satan lies to you and tries to make you feel condemned, don’t receive the accusations. Say, a scripture like “I am the righteousness of God” You will make mistakes, allow yourself that.

Read Romans 7 *Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? 2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man.

God opened my eyes to this passage one day, I had read it many times in the past and even heard it used in sermons, and they were all about condemning the sinful divorcé, but that is not what this scripture is telling us. It is using the adulteress and widow as an illustration of our death to the law. The Law no longer binds us; in fact, the law is what creates the desire to sin.

I am telling you completely give up dieting. Completely give up condemning your self for overeating. I know this is a scary concept, just to give it up and not be in control, but trying so hard to stop dieting has created the addiction. The more people try to diet, the fatter they get. Being overweight doesn't mean you are weaker than thin folks are, it just means you have tried harder to lose weight. Don’t believe me? Continue reading Romans 7 4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, THE SINFUL PASSIONS WHICH WERE AROUSED BY THE LAW were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me. 12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am!

Even Paul struggled with sin, we tend to think of him as “Saint Paul”, but he was a sinner saved by grace just like you and me. He goes through his list of sins in frustration with himself, then just as it seems he will be lost to hopelessness of ever recovering he ask in the last part of verse 24, Who will deliver me from this body of death? Ah… then he remembers, 25I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

It’s a little hard to understand these verses in the New King James version; I like how the Message interprets it. The Message version was translated from the original ancient Greek in today’s English rhythms and idioms.

1-3 You shouldn't have any trouble understanding this, friends, for you know all the ins and outs of the law—how it works and how its power touches only the living. For instance, a wife is legally tied to her husband while he lives, but if he dies, she's free. If she lives with another man while her husband is living, she's obviously an adulteress. But if he dies, she is quite free to marry another man in good conscience, with no one's disapproval.

4-6 So, my friends, this is something like what has taken place with you. When Christ died he took that entire rule-dominated way of life down with him and left it in the tomb, leaving you free to "marry" a resurrection life and bear "offspring" of faith for God. For as long as we lived that old way of life, doing whatever we felt we could get away with, sin was calling most of the shots as the old law code hemmed us in. And this made us all the more rebellious. In the end, all we had to show for it was miscarriages and stillbirths. But now that we're no longer shackled to that domineering mate of sin, and out from under all those oppressive regulations and fine print, we're free to live a new life in the freedom of God.
7 But I can hear you say, "If the law code was as bad as all that, it's no better than sin itself." That's certainly not true. The law code had a perfectly legitimate function. Without its clear guidelines for right and wrong, moral behavior would be mostly guesswork. Apart from the succinct, surgical command, "You shall not covet," I could have dressed covetousness up to look like a virtue and ruined my life with it.
8-12 Don't you remember how it was? I do, perfectly well. The law code started out as an excellent piece of work. What happened, though, was that sin found a way to pervert the command into a temptation, making a piece of "forbidden fruit" out of it. The law code, instead of being used to guide me, was used to seduce me. Without all the paraphernalia of the law code, sin looked pretty dull and lifeless, and I went along without paying much attention to it. But once sin got its hands on the law code and decked itself out in all that finery, I was fooled, and fell for it. The very command that was supposed to guide me into life was cleverly used to trip me up, throwing me headlong. So sin was plenty alive, and I was stone dead. But the law code itself is God's good and common sense, each command sane and holy counsel.
13 I can already hear your next question: "Does that mean I can't even trust what is good [that is, the law]? Is good just as dangerous as evil?" No again! Sin simply did what sin is so famous for doing: using the good as a cover to tempt me to do what would finally destroy me. By hiding within God's good commandment, sin did far more mischief than it could ever have accomplished on its own.

14-16 I can anticipate the response that is coming: "I know that all God's commands are spiritual, but I'm not. Isn't this also your experience?" Yes. I'm full of myself—after all, I've spent a long time in sin's prison. What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise. So if I can't be trusted to figure out what is best for myself and then do it, it becomes obvious that God's command is necessary.
17-20 But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can't keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help! I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time.
21-23 It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God's commands, but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.
24 I've tried everything and nothing helps. I'm at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn't that the real question?
25 The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different.

The real mistake comes when you let Satan condemn you and keep you down there. Get back up, praise Jesus for this freedom, ask Him for forgiveness, and He will forgive you. Jesus never condemns you. He may show you where you are sinning so you can cry out to Him and ask for help, he doesn’t condemn. The dictionary defines the word condemn as, "To pronounce unfit for use".

Read how the King James Version interprets it.
Romans 7:8 (KJV) * *8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. ([from dictionary.com]desire, (R.V., "coveting"); Col. 3:5 (R.V., "desire"). The "lust of concupiscence" denotes evil desire, indwelling sin.) For without the law sin was dead. **11For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
So what causes the compulsion to overeat? ************______________________________________ _
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

The sin is not just overeating; it’s also worrying about overeating or about being thin. Its sin to overeat and it’s also a sin to worry so much about your overeating. When we obsess about looking or being a certain way and don’t trust God and His timing we become obsessed with the thing that takes up so much of our thought life. God wants you to be thin, but He also wants you to learn from being overweight.

We need to let it go, and here is how you do that. Every time you eat and even when you are thinking about eating, you need to pray. Ask God to help you to stop eating when you are full. Ask Him to help you recognize fullness, and ask Him to help you stop when you are satisfied, then, and this is the hard part, die to your will.

Romans 8:36-39 As it is written: “ For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What does the phrase “die to your will” mean to you? ________________________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

I Corinthians 6:12, 13 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
And
I Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

Read John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Read Colossians 2: 20-22 again, Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— 21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22 which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men?
How many diets have you been on that didn’t parish with use? When you first start a diet, you are filled with hope. You have faith knowing this is the one. Then about three weeks into it or so, you give up. You need to keep up the positive thoughts going. Keep saying to yourself, I am a new creation, that old person is dead. I am strong in Christ Jesus. When you were born again you received the fruits of the Spirit, one of those fruits are, self-control. You need to have faith that you received it. Say I have self-control and say it to yourself often. Put up little sticky notes to remind you to say it. Instead of being occupied with the diet and what you eat, be occupied with the goodness God has placed in you.

Philemon 1:6 That the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

It is so sad that in the United States, people are more occupied with diets and thinness than ever before and we have never been fatter. As I mentioned earlier, one diet says eat carbohydrates (sugar) and very little fat and another diet declares, eat only Protein (fat) and very little sugar. Another diet says, only eat fat and carbohydrates in certain combinations and certain times a day (Talk about being occupied) all of these diets have Doctors and experts who can, and will substantiate their claims with an appearance of wisdom. God is not the author of confusion!

I Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

Jesus doesn’t want us to be burdened by all these rules. That’s why Jesus died so we don’t need to live by laws and regulations. In reality, all these laws do is make us more engrossed on the forbidden like the people at the resort who fished off the balcony.

Review Colossians 2:23, The last part of this passage holds the real key 23These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.
In your own words, express what the preceding three passages mean to you. _____________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

All of these rules and regulations are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh. Consider the diets you have been on, have any of these "man-made" rules made you desire less food? __________________________________________________ ________________

They all have an appearance of wisdom; however, they do little to change the heart. All they do is cover up the problem they don’t heal the wound.

We have tried all the world has to offer; now it’s time to turn to Jesus. He is the only one who can transform you and heal your wounded heart.

Read Matthew 11:28-30 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." We are heavy laden by all the rules and regulation of dieting. In Jesus, we can have rest from the burden.
Notice Jesus doesn’t say learn about me, He says learn from me. That suggests a relationship. In your own words, write what the phrase, “learn from me” means to you. ____ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

How has your being overweight made you feel Punished? ____________________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Let’s see what Bible has to say about this old sinful nature.

Read Romans 6:1-23 1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

Do you feel like a slave to overeating and your weight? ______
When I was overweight I didn’t want to go any were or do anything, nothing fit right, I felt like people were thinking bad things about me.

Being a slave to sin brings death, and always leads to bad things Being a slave to God always leads to good things, Sin equals: fat, self hate, fights, by contrast Righteousness equals: being thin, healthy, self love, love of others, etc. When sin has control over you, it affects your life and the life of your family, you want to stop but you can’t. You are a spiritual slave to it. Those who are without Christ are slaves to sin, but we who are believers in Christ are free from this bondage. Because Jesus has set us free. When you are following Christ and doing His will, you feel full of vitality. Everything feels light and clean and the whole world seems so much better. You have to receive this in faith.

Fill in the following blanks with the words me and I. Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over _____, for ____ am not under law but under grace.
You are free from sin it does not have power over you. The Bible says you are in control you can make a decision. I am sorry to say I use “I Can’t” and I have the power and authority to say, “I will”. Say the preceding scripture to yourself and Satan, whenever you feel helpless to resist his lies.

John 8:36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
This scripture says we are free, yet we still hold on to the chains that used to bind us. The lock is broken but we are holding the chains together because Satan has us convinced we are still bound by them. He is a liar, but, we are not blameless, we allow him to convince us with a lie, because it gives us great excuses. Jesus makes it clear, we are without an excuse, He has set us free. Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

When you seek to gratify your own desire we become a spiritual two year old, you want what you want, when you want it! You are being prideful you don’t want to submit to Gods plan for your life.

We fight against this nature all the time but there is a right and a wrong way to fight. It’s only through faith we can be set free from this bondage and become a new creation in Christ, its not rules its power.

Luke 9:23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

When baptized unto Christ, it symbolizes the old man dieing to self and arising as a new creation. There are many scripture references on the new man, read the ones I have listed pray, spend time in quiet meditation with God ask what He wants to show you.
READ: Romans 8, II Corinthians 5:17 and Colossians 3:10-17

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

I Corinthians 10: 31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Ryanne 10-09-2009 08:47 AM

There is so much wisdom in the study today...

...that so many things are speaking to me. I will be coming back to this lesson today, God willing, and will ponder it throughout the day.
I read something by Joyce Meyer today, in her daily devotional, and I would like to paste it here. I hope it will bless you all as it did me.

Worship Is Wisdom
October 9

The reverent fear and worship of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.
— Psalm 111:10

If you will read the book of Proverbs and look at all the radical promises that are made to the person who walks in wisdom, and then realize that reverence and worship are the beginning of wisdom, you will quickly see why reverence and worship are so important.

The Bible says that those who walk in wisdom will be wealthy. They will live a long life. They will be exceedingly happy. They will be blessed, so blessed that they will be envied (See Proverbs 3:1-18). But there is no such thing as wisdom without worship.

Many people today are seeking knowledge, and knowledge is good, but wisdom is better. Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. Knowledge without wisdom can cause one to be puffed up, or filled with pride, which will ultimately ruin his life. A wise person will always be knowledgeable, but not all knowledgeable people are wise. I believe that in our society today, we exalt knowledge more than we should. Education seems to be most people's main goal, and yet our world today is rapidly declining morally.

Education is good, but it is not better than wisdom. God's Word tells us to cry out for wisdom; seek it as we would silver and gold; make it a vital necessity in life. There is nothing more important than wisdom, and the beginning of it is reverence and worship. The worshiper will be taught wisdom by God.

From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2007 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

Kelli 10-09-2009 09:49 AM

Good Morning,

Ryann, I love Joyce Meyer, I have some of her books too. Every time I watch her on TV, I laugh out loud. She not only has so much wisdom, but her delivery makes her so fun to listen to her. Last time I watched her on TV, she was at a conference and doing an alter call. Thousands of people walked down the isle to receive Christ. I was so overcome with gratitude for all those God was bringing into the family, I just bawled. Thank you for posting that :).

Quote:

Being overweight doesn't mean you are weaker than thin folks are, it just means you have tried harder to lose weight. Don’t believe me? Continue reading Romans 7 4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, THE SINFUL PASSIONS WHICH WERE AROUSED BY THE LAW were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
When I first wrote today's lesson, the verse above (esp the bold) was a real revelation for me. I had the realization that my trying so hard to resist temptation was what was causing the obsession. My resisting the foods I loved is what was making me fat!!!

That I was free of condemnation, and guilt, amazed me. I grew up Mormon, and not saying this is how it is with all LDS folks, but my mom (I love her) controlled us nine kids with guilt. So most of my life my gasoline was guilt. This lesson is so long because God was really dealing with many issues (and still is).

Quote:

8-12 Don't you remember how it was? I do, perfectly well. The law code started out as an excellent piece of work. What happened, though, was that sin found a way to pervert the command into a temptation, making a piece of "forbidden fruit" out of it. The law code, instead of being used to guide me, was used to seduce me. Without all the paraphernalia of the law code, sin looked pretty dull and lifeless, and I went along without paying much attention to it. But once sin got its hands on the law code and decked itself out in all that finery, I was fooled, and fell for it.
Seriously when I don't resist and just the resist the temptation not to pray and ask for help, it is just no big deal to give it up.

Quote:

my friends, this is something like what has taken place with you. When Christ died he took that entire rule-dominated way of life down with him and left it in the tomb, leaving you free to "marry" a resurrection life and bear "offspring" of faith for God. For as long as we lived that old way of life, doing whatever we felt we could get away with, sin was calling most of the shots as the old law code hemmed us in. And this made us all the more rebellious.
I am still struggling with just giving it over to God and forgetting it!!! I want to think back on what I have eaten to make sure it wasn't too much or the right kind of stuff... AAARRRGGG!

Ryann, I know you are going through tough times, and I am amazed that you just keep seeking and seeing the good that God brings. You are an ispiration to me and God is not only using you now to help us and others, but I just know He will use your lifes story in a way that will inspire many. :hug:

AAARRRGGG! again, I don't have enough time to talk about Bootsies and Trish's posts, that they posted last night, but I will be back later, have a wonderful day ladies!

Love, Kelli

pattygirl63 10-09-2009 04:23 PM

:wave:Hi Everyone,

I for one never thought about God wanting to be a part of my weight loss plan. For some reason, I saw dieting separate from that part of my life. However, many times when I would start a new diet, I would really pray that God would let this new diet work for me. I was always asking Him to lead me to a diet that would work, but I didn't ask Him to show me what to eat except for one time.

I had heard of a woman who lost weight because she asked the Lord to show what to eat. I decided to "try" this, but back at that time I don't think I thought He even told me anything. I don't think I was ready to even listen to the Lord.

Quote:

Do you think your problem could be, you have been trying to change the food and not your mind/heart?
ABSOLUTELY!!! I never thought of needing to change my heart/mind concerning food. When we were born again, we learned that we were to repent of our sins. We learned that repent means to change our mind or way of thinking to God's way of thinking about the way we live. I really have to wonder why we didn't know this applied to our way eating and thoughts about food as well?

It really is difficult to think that way when "every" function in church has food around it. Our church serves pastry food before breakfast with coffee. There is coffee and pastrys for everyone at Bible Study and it goes on and on. In the church I was in back in TX, we had a big dinner after church one Sunday every month to celebrate the birthdays of everyone that month. Our Friday morning Bible study always ended with a big meal. Why would anyone think God wanted to have anything to do with what we ate when we make it the center of our gatherings.

Even my neighborhood get togethers are based around food. Then you add all the commercials. Not only do they advertise what they want to sell you to eat, they turn around and advertise a diet you should start. I mean everywhere you go, it is food, food, and more food.

I am so grateful to learn that God really does care about what, when and how much I eat. He loves me that much. Who knew that when we became a New Creature in Christ and made Jesus Lord of our lives, that He wanted to be Lord of our food too.

I appreciate the scripture 2 Corinthians 5:17 "old things have passed away: behold all things have become new". We no longer had to do the old things we used to do; we are now free to do things in a "new" way which is God's Way. We received the all the Fruit of the Spirit when we were born again? I'm not sure I was aware of that. I remember thinking I need self-control. I wasn't aware that I had it.

Reading this lesson made me realize how unwise it is for a Christian to go to the world for answers for diets. Just think of how many diets there are and they are all so confusing. Everyone of them have the "secret" to losing weight. Stop and think about that. How can "everyone" have "the secret". Yes, I do believe there may be times when we should eat a certain way for health reasons, such when you are allergic to certain foods etc. But I don't think a book can tell everyone the "one" secret to losing weight. The fact that there are sooooo many diets out there is a good example of how :devil: deception works to keep us confused and searching for the next diet "secret".

I am so thankful that the Lord does care about my weight loss and my health and that He does know my body better than any one else, even me. So who better to lead guide and direct me when it comes to eating. I realize now that He has been telling me for a long time how I should eat, but I actually thought it was "my" idea. I think that is the hard part for me is knowing when it is really the Lord speaking to me. I think that is because of my low self esteem. I need to trust Him more when He speaks to me.

Sorry, I feel like I've roamed here. Perhaps it was me just thinking things out for myself.

Blessings to all.

pattygirl63 10-09-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanne (Post 2963137)
...that so many things are speaking to me. I will be coming back to this lesson today, God willing, and will ponder it throughout the day.
I read something by Joyce Meyer today, in her daily devotional, and I would like to paste it here. I hope it will bless you all as it did me.

Worship Is Wisdom
October 9

The reverent fear and worship of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.
— Psalm 111:10

If you will read the book of Proverbs and look at all the radical promises that are made to the person who walks in wisdom, and then realize that reverence and worship are the beginning of wisdom, you will quickly see why reverence and worship are so important.

The Bible says that those who walk in wisdom will be wealthy. They will live a long life. They will be exceedingly happy. They will be blessed, so blessed that they will be envied (See Proverbs 3:1-18). But there is no such thing as wisdom without worship.

Many people today are seeking knowledge, and knowledge is good, but wisdom is better. Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. Knowledge without wisdom can cause one to be puffed up, or filled with pride, which will ultimately ruin his life. A wise person will always be knowledgeable, but not all knowledgeable people are wise. I believe that in our society today, we exalt knowledge more than we should. Education seems to be most people's main goal, and yet our world today is rapidly declining morally.

Education is good, but it is not better than wisdom. God's Word tells us to cry out for wisdom; seek it as we would silver and gold; make it a vital necessity in life. There is nothing more important than wisdom, and the beginning of it is reverence and worship. The worshiper will be taught wisdom by God.

From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2007 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

Thanks for sharing this Ryanne. I have that book, maybe I should get out and read it again. I used to read a chapter of Proverbs everyday. Years ago, I read that Billy Graham does that so I started doing that. I need to get back to that again as well. I absolutely love Proverbs.

Have a good one. Blessings,

Ryanne 10-09-2009 04:43 PM

There is so much that is speaking to me in this study today...

...but I think what is speaking to me most is this statement: "We fight against this nature all the time but there is a right and a wrong way to fight. It’s only through faith we can be set free from this bondage and become a new creation in Christ, its not rules its power."

It's not rules it's power. That is a powerful statement. I thank you for this, because it is really an eye opener. I was craving something sweet and I was asking God to help me to get through it, but then when I read this and I said, "God I give You my cravings and my desires"...it went away. I need to remember to give it to God and allow Him to do it, instead of me trying to resist and it becoming difficult.
Thank You, Kelli.
Today is a much better day...my circumstances haven't changed much, but I got some rest and a fresh attitude. I decide I am going to enjoy my day.
Thank you for your concern, Kelli.
Trish,
Ya, When we were born again, we received the Fruit of the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit lives in us. So the Fruit He bears through us is love joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness and self control, (if I missed any I'm sorry). Anyway, we were purchased by the Blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit is our SEAL... Kinda like a "wedding ring".
Anyway, Trish I completely understand what you are saying regarding that, and yes, it is nice to know that God is concerned with our way of eating, too.
I'm glad for this study...I remember a long time ago, Joyce Meyer did a study about eating this way, covering a lot of what Kelli covers, but Kelli's I think goes into way more detail. I'm glad I had Joyce's teaching back then, and I walked in victory for a while, but now with Kelli's teaching I know that I will continue to walk in victory because it is in depth and I have you guys to do this with. Back then, I was alone...and when you get confused or whatever, there is no one to say, "Hey, think about this, do you think it is wise, because this could happen"... or just to get all of your ideas...it is making it soooo much easier.
I am glad to know I have all of you to go through this with, walking out of the bondage and into the freedom with you all is nice. I want to stay free!
Today I babysat for my granddaughter, it was a blessing to be able to hold her while she took a nap and just look at how peaceful she is brought such a peace to me. God is so good to give us babies in our lives...baby animals, human babies, it doesn't matter, I am grateful to God for babies.
I would like to have one more before I get toooooo old to have one...so if God puts it on your all's hearts to pray for me, I would appreciate it, I want HIS will, though, and not mine. I want His best plan for my life.
I heard tomorrow morning it is supposed to freeze here. Wow, it is really early for that. This morning when I went out for my morning walk, it was so cold and windy, but I did bundle up and put on gloves. It was still a wonderful walk.
Well, I'll get off here for now, but I will be back on later to read any responses that might come. I, too, look forward to reading all these comments every day.
I love you all! :D

pattygirl63 10-09-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Ya, When we were born again, we received the Fruit of the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit lives in us. So the Fruit He bears through us is love joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness and self control, (if I missed any I'm sorry). Anyway, we were purchased by the Blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit is our SEAL... Kinda like a "wedding ring".
Thank you Ryanne for sharing that. I only came to the knowledge of the fact that you cannot lose your salvation recently. I believed I was secure, but just learned the security of the Seal of the Holy Spirit. I love your discription of like a "wedding ring".

I have that book of Joyce Meyer. I just found it the other day as I had misplaced. I followed it too and did good for a while. In fact, I lost a lot of weight using it and then I'm not too sure what happened that I got away from it.

I agree that it is easier when we have each other to share our feelings with.

Thanks again to Kellie for sharing with us.

Bootsie I hope all is well with you.

Bootsie 10-09-2009 10:07 PM

I came earlier but it would not let me post again. I have that book Ryanne by Joyce Meyers in fact i have a-lot of her books. When my sister died she sent me two tapes to try to help me free of charge . You know not many would do that, but she did. i still have them and i listen to them a-lot even loaned them out, thought i would never get them back but did. So glad too but now my tape machine don't work! I think one of the best studies and i still am not through with it is Me and my BIG MOUTH! Love it, she kinda just nips it in the bud. Has the work book with it too. I thought I kinda needed to study it since I rattle off at the mouth sometimes before thinking. I never have beat around the bush on things just let the words flow and boy does that get me in a heap of trouble. I also have straight talk by Joyce Myers that I love to read. It is so strange I can hear her voice when I read it. I love one thing she says, Endings always bring new beginnings. That really hit home. Well now I got to talking and thinking about Joyce and forgot what is on Bible Study and it is on another page .Well I will be back if it lets me come back, if not y'all have a great day tomorrow and it looks like in November I will be traveling, don't rightly know which day yet.

Bootsie 10-09-2009 10:12 PM

Ok girls now it will not let me read the Bible Study!!!! I am getting so tired of this! Kelli I will just go to your site and read it!