3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers ~ October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/183176-christian-encouragers-%7E-october.html)

CountingDown 10-01-2009 08:16 PM

Christian Encouragers ~ October

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Sweetcaroline 10-01-2009 09:41 PM

Gary, I knew I would find you here. This is a beautiful forum, I should stop by more often. Tonight though I just wanted to tell you that I'm sending positive thoughts to you and your sister. It sounds like your family has pulled together in a beautiful way to support each other. Somehow the baseball thread just didn't seem right tonight... but I'll see you over there soon and I'll follow her progress here.
I pray for your strength. :hug:

Karen31 10-01-2009 09:48 PM

Gary, Lots of good thoughts coming your way for you and your sister. I'll keep you in my prayers

Justwant2Bhealthy 10-01-2009 10:12 PM

GARY ~ Nice of you to make some lasagnas for your sister during this time; I know that she will appreciate that a lot. Prayers going up for ANNIE that the swelling goes down quickly, and the pain eases for her tonight; plus for a speedy and comfortable recovery as well ... :hug:

THANKS, LAURIE ~ I have seen you and BARGOO and so many others here succeed; I should send him to this site ... :lol: Have a great trip -- lots of fun and rest too!!!

THANKS, BARGOO ~ what plan did your son use? Did he do calorie counting like you? I am re-doubling my efforts as well; writing everything down and counting calories too, just to make sure that I am not eating too much. I am also trying to watch what I am eating as well, as healthy as possible ... :D

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ~ for your encouraging words; I really appreciate them, as some things can be so confusing. I know that I have to learn to stand up for myself too, and not let people walk all over me. I know that people mean well, but I have to do what is best for me and my life!

Take good care and hope you all have A FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow .... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:^prayers^ continue for you and yours ...

bargoo 10-02-2009 09:39 AM

Rosebud, my son is diabetic so of course he had to watch his sugar intake. He does portion control and eats at regular times . He really didn't follow any formal diet, he is very aware of what he eats and what calorie counts are , though.He does exercise a lot, too.
As you already know I am a calorie counter and I plan every thing I am going to eat.If I don't plan ahead I will eat many more calories than I think am. Guessing just doesn't do it for me. I was always leery of WLS as I have seen many people go through WLS and regain. What a disappoinment that would be. it's bad enough if you regain after losing by diet alone. I am sure many people are successful with WLS I just happen to notice those who aren't.I have seen some people on these forums say that WLS didn't work for them. I suspect they didn't follow their doctor's orders. You can't have the surgery and expect to go back to old eating habits. This is true with any diet. I know I can never go back to eating 4 donuts for breakfast unless I want to go back to 200+ pounds.
Good luck, rosebud in whatever you decide to do.

Bootsie 10-02-2009 02:10 PM

Today has been one of those days I need to think about what I am thankful for. Every time I turn around something goes wrong. At least I can post today without something going wrong, don't worry I just knocked on wood.
Gary praying for your sister, I hope they look at your sisters surgery swelling soon ,they might of left something in there like they did my friend. They had left a gauze and a clamp they did not take out inside of some sorts but that was on her intestines .
Rosebud I lost 90 pounds so I know it can be done but you need a partner to encourage you and weigh in front of, sure helps, one that is really serious about loosing weight. I find reading the Bible helps me so much each day, nourishing on the Lords words helps me control my eating bad habits. I have lost 6 of those pounds I gained, but I need a partner,too. If you just weigh once a week in front of someone, it helps you to lose weight!
My walking buddy said she was going to walk this morning , so I got up early and she never showed! I think I am going to have to find some other weigh of exercising, to wet to walk in the fields in the morning with the dogs , but I am not gripping, just need to find something else. Wish someone done yoga around here or gave dance lessons. I hate exercising by myself, I hate dieting by myself. BORING!!!!! There are so many big women around here ,looks like I could find someone who needed a partner, but all of them just talk about loosing weight don't want to get serious.

ronni62 10-02-2009 04:57 PM

Hi, everyone! It's been such a busy week and I haven't had time to post, but I have taken time to read all your posts and pray for you all. As I was tearily reading Gary's posts about his sister and then all the wonderful responses, I realized that I need to start talking to my dad. I mean, we talk on the phone every couple days, but I don't talk to him about my faith. I know he knows I'm Christian, but he's so adamantly opposed to any talk of God or church that I haven't tried to talk to him about that in a very long time. He always got very angry when my sister or I would mention anything related to God or our faith. I'm just not sure how to handle it now as it's getting harder and harder for Dad to talk on the phone (his cancer is in the throat). I'm thinking about writing him a long letter and include a copy of Max Lucado's "He Did This Just for You." That way Dad can read as much as he wants, but maybe won't feel preached at. I just know I can't let him die without trying once more to share what Jesus did for him and I just have this feeling that Dad's not going to make it through this:cry:.

As far as everything else goes, it's rainy and cold here and that will make for a long football game tonight. I've been staying on plan very well this week:D and DS2 also said he's lost more weight and is down a total of 60 pounds now! If he's not careful, some cute little teeny-bopper will be chasing him around the school;) but, he has no time or desire to date anyone (whew!).

Well, gotta get going, as DH will be home soon and we must decide whether to eat here at home or have grilled chicken sandwiches at the game (I'm voting for the grilled chicken!). Hope you all have a great weekend! You'll be in my prayers!

Also, Rosebud-those pics of Numpster's new venture are great. Wish her the best-I'd love to be able to visit there someday. And, Karen, your pool will be wonderful! Gary, you and your sis are in my prayers. Laurie, have a great trip! Hi & :hug: for everyone else too!

EZMONEY 10-02-2009 07:57 PM

REAL QUICK HERE ~ I will be back tonight or tomorrow...but I have posted up-date on my sister in the PRAYER WARRIORS...

RONNI ~ Send the book...do whatever you feel God is placing on your heart to sahre with your dad...and my dear friend...THAT!!!!! is all you can do...I hope the game was dry and fun!

BOOTSIE ~ Prayers for a buddy in your quest!!

Not enough time but I will be back soon....going to dinner...

pattygirl63 10-02-2009 09:58 PM

I haven't been here in a while. All is going well. I am reading to catch up on everyone.

Gary- The Lord has kept you and your sister on my heart a lot and therefore in my prayers. I am so thankful that the cancer had not spread and they were able to take care of it. I went through that with my DH with prostate cance last year and was so thankful they could remove it. So I understand exactly what you and the family are feeling right now. Will keep her in my prayers.

Prayers continue for everyone else here as well.

Have a great weekend.

Justwant2Bhealthy 10-02-2009 10:05 PM

GARY ~ saw your post in the Prayer Warrior's thread; so glad that ANNIE is feeling better, laughing and joking around today; that's a very good sign that she will be OK ... prayers continue! :hug:

:hug:RONNIE ~ I agree with GARY about the book idea: go ahead and send it! You will feel so good that you did; and be assured that you did what you could without being offensive or pushy in any way. Who can harp about a gift, right? Good for you and your DS2 for keeping to plan and for him losing :carrot:60 lbs!!!:carrot: He should be very proud of himself for such an accomplishment ...

^PRAYERS^ continue for your DAD too; don't give up hope!!! Try to talk and spend as much time with him as you can; and yes, write and send letters or funny cards; and maybe some nice music or something like that. I do that with my brother; trying to encourage him whenever I can; I also sent him some EZ puzzle books just for fun.

Many people survive cancer; like our BARGOO here. My mother survived colon cancer (she passed away from something else 17 years later). Both my Dad and my SM have survived cancer, and two uncles have survived cancer as well (you know about Uncle Tom already). We had one Aunt who survived the first time and not the second, as they were late in catching it ... but while we know a few that don't make it, we know many more who do; and the greatest HOPE we have is that GOD looks after them one way or another! :hug:

BOOTSIE ~ there must be someone out there that you can have as a buddy in your area. We have lots of people here trying to lose weight too; but I haven't seen any clubs for them except the Curves exercise club; too costly for me, and a bit beyond my abilities right now. I think there is a 'walking club' here that meets once a week; sadly, I just found out yesterday that the place they meet in has lots of stairs. They are an issue for me too; but later on, maybe I'll be able to do them ... we'll pray that GOD will send you a 'Walking Partner' real soon! :D

THANKS BARGOO ~ that sounds awesome; yes, I was just looking at some info about Diabetic plans last night and today. Our dear friend, MEOWEE , put up a great article about MAGIC FOODS at the top of the Dieting with Obstacles Forum that I re-read yesterday, becuz I also found an article by a doctor that believes that sugar and simple carbs are the real cause of weight problems in many people like me (I have all the symptoms). My DH is a CARB BURNER (as he can eat them and stay thin); and I am fast starting to believe that I am a PROTEIN BURNER (meaning I need to eat more lean proteins and less carbs); so, I am re-designing my plan with that theory in mind -- will see in time if and how that helps ...

HI TRISH ~ glad to hear that your DH also survived PC; GOD is Good, and the doctors are doing great things these days too!

Kept OP really well today (credit moi) and got some more walking in today (kudos for that) as well! We couldn't get everything we needed yesterday becuz of road blocks and detours (due to badly-needed road repairs, so can't complain) yesterday, so we went back up town today, and found a way around them (albeit after a few tries). Things should be back to normal within the next couple of weeks.

:wave: HI to all our other CE Friends out there, and all our MIA's too ~ hope you are all having a FABULOUS FRIDAY NIGHT!!! Take good care of each other ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Bootsie 10-03-2009 01:16 PM

It is raining here again! Yeah but that might mean having trouble to post again, or even getting here! Just wanted to stop by and say hi and Rosebud have you checked out that book Sugar Busters it has some common sense issues to loosing weight in it.

bargoo 10-03-2009 01:36 PM

Rosebud, I have to watch carbs in myself, once sugar gets into my system my body cries MORE , MORE GIMME MORE. I am not diabetic as my son is, but sugar plays havoc with me and I love it . Put sugar on it and I will want it.

EZMONEY 10-03-2009 08:27 PM

HI GALS ~ :)

Well I sent most of the day at the park with my great nephew's 3rd birthday party. Quite a large crowd. My niece brought over some pizzas from Costco last night to store in the garage fridge...I baked them for her while Angie was at bell choir practice and giving blood. We had a lot of fun.

Spent most of the day with my sister yesterday. Today she is about the same...according to my nieces....my kids and ex-wife went to see her after the party so I will go tomorrow after church. She seems to be in decent spirits. Keep those prayers coming for good news on Wednesday.

Going to have lasagna tonight. I made a small one for Angie and I when I made one for my sister and family yesterday....it is a beef and cheese one so I know there will be plenty for me..if it was my spinach one I would have to fight Angie for it ;)

BARGOO ~Isn't it funny how I can walk right by all the cupcakes and birthday cake today and not even want a taste...but have to chain myself to a chair to stay away from the pizza and chips...go figure.

BOOTSIE ~ Rain baby rain! Good for you...I hope it comes in the amounts and speed you need.

ROSEBUD ~I hope they get those roads fixed for you soon. I am loving it when I here you "walking"...you can do this...prayers for healthy legs dear!

SCOOTER ~ In case you get to check in...I hope you are having a great time!

TRISH ~Good to see you here, thank you for the prayers...thank ALL of you :hug:

Going to church in the morning....Angie has bells for both services...we will go to first service then to breakfast...she will go to second and I will probably go see my sister for a bit...

Have a great Sunday ladies :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 10-03-2009 10:28 PM

:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ just had a relaxing type day at home, as it was cold and blah out. Did some laundry in the am; and then research on the net in the afternoon, but did get some of my toning work in as well. Had another good OP day, and ate well. DH was watching his Matrix series tonight while I was doing my thing. Looks like we won't be getting any sun until next Wednesday; gee, sure hope they are wrong about that ...

BOOTSIE ~ thanks, I checked out that plan; some similar ideas to the GI diet by Rick Gallop, and some other ones. I'm so glad you are getting that rain: DH and I asked GOD to send the xtra rain clouds we don't need down to Texas! ;)

THANKS BARGOO ~ I do have to watch my simple carb intake -- I don't eat many sweets anymore, but it's things like pasta and bread and such that I have to watch.

THANKS GARY ~ yah, I just keep trying to move more and more. I try to get some walking in every day; and extra walking in at least 3-4 days a week if I can. Yes, ^PRAYERS^ are continuing for ANNIE for a speedy recovery and good test results too.

Well, not much else going on around here; DH has hit the hay early (ya, he says that he's an old goat). :lol: He's one of those 'early 2 bed; early 2 rise' kind of people; but I go a bit later and get up a bit later too, but not that much. I like to stay up a bit later on the weekends, but usually fall asleep around 12 or 1 AM most nights.

Hope you all have a SUPER BLESSED SUNDAY tomorrow -- and take good care of each other ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Karen31 10-03-2009 10:48 PM

Prayers continue for Annie, Gary. Lots of good thoughts coming your way for Wednesday.

Hello to everyone and Hugs and Prayers for everyone. I've been doing pretty good with my eating--- I tracked it all week on fitday -----but I didn't lose one pound! Which just confirms what I really already knew--- I need to move more!!!! But maybe this will be the motivation that I needed to get going.

Have aa great night everyone.