Old 08-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thumbs up CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ August

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-01-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:21 AM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Hope you are having a good weekend!

Rosebud - thanks for starting the thread. I'm spending the morning paying bills too. Fortunately, I can now pay most of them electronically (phone or Internet), so the process goes much faster

This weekend is pretty routine around here - not much exciting going on. I do need to make more protein bars though. We seem to like my bars better than the processed ones, and they use up the okara (soy bean sludge left over from making soy milk) that is taking over my freezer.

Prayers continuing for all!
Blessings!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #3  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone. I know its been like over a week since i have visited. Things have been a little crazy on my end. Last week I went out with the family to dinner for my b-day. Friday out to dinner again this time with friends then we went out for a few drink afterwards. Saturday i had a bachelorette party to attend and sunday a bridal shower. WHEW i have been super busy. Thanks for all the b-day wishes.

I had a great birthday except one thing.... So we go up to this little bar on friday and i go to the restroom. When im walking out i hear my sister yelling at someone. I run up to her and try to drag her out of the bar but of course she doesnt want to listen to me. (my sister is a very fiesty girl) Once her mind is made up there is no changing it. Well i guess they are fighting cause my sister was dancing with some guy and this other girl did not approve. *sidenote* Turns out that this was the guys cousin NOT girlfriend

Moving on. Well sadly we get thrown out cause things are getting out of hand. I tell my friend michelle (who was my DD) to go get the car. Well outside the screaming doesnt stop. I get this genius idea to get in the middle of it and try to like push my sister towards the car. HAHA that didnt work. This girl gets up in my face and starts screaming at me. I am totally unaware of why I am arguing with this girl besides the fact that she is trying to get at my sister. WELL... she pushed me. I did the wrong thing and pushed her back but it was instint. I did it before me brain could even say... HEY think about what you are about to do. Sooo.... all of a sudden

BAM! This guy who I have no idea who he is (turns out he is a relative of the girl) punches me in the side of my face. I fell backwards onto the cement and he got on top of me. FAst forward through all those details.

Cops were called he was arrested... but im pretty sure he got off the hook. Well needless to say i eneded up with 2 black eyes, 2 broken blood vessels on the side of my face, bruises up and down both arms and all over my back, and 2 cracked ribs. I look like i got really drunk and fell down 10 flights of stairs. Its been a week and i still dont look so hot. Im feeling much better though. The pain gets less every day.

Sorry for such a crazy long post. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Im going with my mom and niece and nephew to the rib off to taste test some ribs. Happy Saturday!!!
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

CandyKisses, sorry for all the trouble you had. I had a birthday, too but compared to yours mine was downright boring.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #5  

Candy Hope you are feeling better soon!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #6  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good morning to all my lovlies,

I have been gone for awhile, Did you miss me, ugh, ugh, ugh? I cannot hear you!!!!!

My computer crashed big time and I thought I was about to loose it without it. I think God was trying to teach me something. And by George I think I have got it. More time to spend with him and not to put this computer before Him. It is not my god, and I think He thought I needed to recognize it and I did. Man on Man, God is Good.

Now did I do what I should have and spent the extra with Him, well sometimes I did and sometimes, I did not. I have got to keep it real here and tell the whole truth, but I am working on it, I am still a work in progress. And even when I did not do what I should have, He still cared for me and brought me thru my sickness. Today I can say I feel great and I owe it all to Him.

Looking forward to going to church tomorrow, it seems like it has been forever, was down for so long, but it's a new day and I am sooo ready for it.

Candy, glad you are feeling better. Sometimes sisters problems can really explode, the same thing happened to my two daughters and it got ugly. Guy dancing, girl upset, started fight with youngest, sister jumped in to help and it was out of control after that. They lesson they learned was to stay out of bars, well one learned, the hardheaded one Morgan, still working on her, she is very fiesty like your sis. Prayers for all of you babydoll.

Belated Happy Birthday to you and Bargoo.

Well I have missed all of you little darlin's, glad to see you all are still here.

Hugs, love, and many blessings to all,
Ags
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #7  
Quit counting at 45!

It's been a while since I was here too. It's been a busy time for me. Family visiting - lots of dinners out. I have been behaving myself though.

This is a long weekend for us here in Canada and I am so enjoying it. I have cleaned a closet, made broccoli soup and am making turkey chili right now. I have the place to myself so my time is my own. I love the quiet but will be very ready for everyone to come home!

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts but do pray for everyone on this thread.

Have a good weekend!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Not much going on here...just watched my Dodgers lose while Angie puts a puzzle together behind me. I had to work today....getting tired of this overtime but our project needs us to do it. Really thankful for the work but again...tired

WILMA ~ I am making chili tomorrow for my lunches during the week...hamburger...we are having turkey burgers tonight.

SCOOTER ~ Happy Baking!

COURTNEY ~ Humm...reminds me of some stories when I was 21 You be careful!

AGGIE ~ Hugs! Sorry about the crash but glad to see some good came of it Hope all is well..or better with daughter(s)

ROSEBUD ~ thanks for getting us going and your input on the other thread Hope the "lot" work went well this week-end if you went.

RONNI ~ KAREN ~ TAMMY ~ BOOTSIE ~ BEV ~ BARGOO ~ MAMADUCK ~ KATHY and ALL!...... HELLO.........

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-02-2009 at 06:12 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 AM   #9  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

COURTNEY ~ Oh my, that's awful -- sometimes, when we are trying to be a good Samaritan, things can backfire; so I agree with GARY, you need to be very careful in these kind of situations, esp where alcohol plays a part. Sadly, when under the influence, many people do not use their best judgement (or any for that matter). Prayers going up for you that your body heals quickly. Have fun at the ribfest with your family and try to put the whole mess behind you ...

AGGIE ~ of course, we missed you; I thought of you often and wondered where you were, as I do all our special CE friends here. I just figured that you were busy becuz everyone is busy in the summer, it seems. Glad you got your pc working again and can join us here again.

If you are wondering why I am in here so late/early, it is becuz I put my legs up after dinner last night and fell asleep and didn't wake up until the middle of the night. So I came in here to catch up and read and send an email to my Aunt, etc ... and I'm still here. HA ... time to get back to bed!

to LAURIE, and GARY, and BARGOO, and WILMA, and KAREN, and KATHY, and RONNI, and TAMMY, and BEV, and BOOTSIE, and SUGA, and MAMMADUCK, and anyone else that I may have missed out there (it's not intentional, just got faded memory cells) ...

Take good care everyone, and do have a SUPERBLY SERENE and BLESSED SUNDAY tomorrow ... ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ ascending for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-02-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #10  

Ags - we DEFINITELY missed you! Glad you are back. God is INDEED GOOD!

Wilma - glad you are back too Enjoy your long weekend and family!

EZ - looks like you got some good soup recipes - you should be set for a while for lunches

Rosebud - I had to laugh at your post. I DID indeed notice the time of it before I read it. And DID wonder if you were OK, since 4 a.m. is not a normal morning start for you (and CERTAINLY not for me!!!!) I hope your legs are doing better!

A beautiful Sunday here in Northern MI. I had to laugh over the sermon this morning. Pastor talked about feasting on junk food (munchies) instead of on God's Word. He confessed about all of the junk food he eats. He asked for a show of hands regarding how many people had eaten chips, ice cream, cheese curls, etc. in the last week. As he went down the list, I just smiled, knowing that I don't have any of those foods in my house any more.

I finally raised my hand when he got to nuts and popcorn.

It was a great reminder of how much I have changed over the last two years. My emotional and boredom eating behaviors are gone, and I do feast daily on God's Word.

God is definitely more satisfying than cheese curls

Hope you are having a blessed Sunday.

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #11  

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! Praise the Lord! Bless Him with all of my soul!

I've come to realize that I have a real problem with chronic dieting. I have come to the place where I can't even look at a food without thinking points. So the last two days, I have weaned myself from counting points and even keeping track of what I'm eating. And I'm not overdoing it at all. Yesterday, I went to the track and walking for 1 mile and jogged for 1 mile (alternating 1/4 miles). Praise God for this accomplishment!

It was really hard for me when I came home to switch off the "I should have a salad attitude" and just eat what I wanted to. All I had was a bologna sandwich which satisfied me and I felt good. I briefly glanced at the nutrition label. So my question to everyone here who would like to answer...what do you think? I plan to go to the track again tomorrow and move myself another two miles. Is what I'm doing intuitive eating then? Do you have any suggestions for me? I so want to get out of this "dieting" bondage and just get healthy. I think I'll really lose weight in the long run.

P.S. CandyKisses - wow! Girl, I learned a long time ago to not get in between someone else's fight. Actually, it was my mother who took a swing at my boyfriend. I got the black eye. In the end, I really won the fight though. We've been married for 26 years.
mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
God is definitely more satisfying than cheese curls
AMEN!
mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I sure am glad everyone is coming back!

Mamaduck come join us under General eating, I am starting Intuitive eating but still have not got the book. But it sounds like it and i have threw my scales in the closet because they are depressing and using my tape measure and I have lost 8 inches! I think I am gaining muscle and firming up though ,not loosing but right now that is alright, really just want to be healthy.

Courtney! WOW! You must be from Texas! Your tough! I sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

Still missing Rayne and it seems like a few others hope to see you soon! I was wondering where everyone went? Have a great week! Oh it drizzled all night but cannot tell it!

Last edited by Bootsie; 08-02-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Angie and I are watching an old movie...Girls Just Want To Have Fun...my kids and nieces used to watched this one over and over when they were younger.

I just finished making chili for my lunches for the week and cheese enchiladas for tonight. Angie made some of her beef enchiladas...I can't wait for dinner

Church was cool this morning. And I mean ...very cold....the air was set at 71 which felt really cold.....Angie sat real close to me

Our new vicar was there for introductions, he is 33 and has 2 daughters, 5 and 11.....his wife has a nose stud ....oh my Although it is pretty small...the old folks that complain probably didn't see it Seem like a very nice couple right off the bat.

The new building is coming along nicely, the outside of it is almost finished but the gym still needs work and the groundwork.

The music director asked Angie if she would play a song with a few others on bells today. We went out for breakfast between services. We split a spinach and monterey jack cheese omelette with potatoes and a ham and cheese croissant with fruit on the side.

Have a great week gals!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #15  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone-just time for a quick post right now as I'm just beat.

DH's dad died last night about 10:00. Kinda made it sadder as it was DH's mom's birthday. She just joked a little about him not giving her a very nice birthday gift-lol! (they've been divorced for a long time) Anyway, it was a difficult last few days, as he suffered a lot with pain, then became unresponsive for the final 24 hours-I guess that's considered normal. Service probably won't be till Saturday, as family has to come back from out of town-it's gonna be a long week.

I'll try to come back tomorrow. Sleep well!

Last edited by ronni62; 08-02-2009 at 11:08 PM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote