Old 08-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #91  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

BOOTSIE ~ I am still praying for rain. It is getting very dry here in California too, especially in our central valley. So many jobs lost because of it. We have fires north and we will probably have some down here too. I'm coming over for bread Angie used to make it often...but we got to eating too much of it One of my downfalls. Prayers for your daughter.

ROSEBUD ~ I hope you get a break from the heat. It is getting cooler here a little at a time. How are those blueberries doing? The cottage?

KELLI ~ It sure is good to have you back. Your diet Bible study seems really wonderful!

HOPEANDFAITH ~ Welcome! I think you will like the support here

WILMA ~ Good to see you take a turn at posting Great job on the fruits and vegetables. Is that fence all done? Stay cool

KATHY ~ I am sending up prayers for the interview! I am also praying that all continues to work out for your family and the foster child....that sure had to be hard for you. My nephew didn't pass his test for awhile either...but I didn't feel sorry for him because he had little effort! I don't miss those school shopping days! Have fun with football practice....stinky kids ...I know that "athlete" smell well

SCOOTER ~ Glad you scored on the clothes. I am sure you put on a super show at church today. Angie goes back to school next Friday...who starts on a Friday? Hope the weather is cooler.

BARGOO ~ Continued prayers for your Pastor and his wife

RONNI ~ I hope things are calming down. As everyone has said that money needs to go to where the givers wanted it to. Good luck to the football practices for your family too!

COURTNEY ~ TAMMY ~ KAREN ~ AND ALL THE OTHER MIA'S...
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well, I thought I would take a few minutes here and let you know that I am doing fine. Our son left here this past Tuesday to go to Florida. They are really going on a wing and a prayer! No house, no job and very little money! But they want to live there they think. They did go to Miami at first but found that they really couldn't afford much there. So they went back up to the Ft. Lauderdale area. Now they are looking for a house or apartment to rent. My son wants to go to the Le' Cordon Bleu Culinary Academy. So when you think about it-- kind of say some extra prayers that things work our for them there please. Now I'm watching the weather and seeing all the Hurricanes heading there way----pretty scary to me!

I am finally getting the basement (Woman Cave) set up for my exercise room. Did lots of cleaning and arranging down there yesterday. I want to see if I can find a small TV to use with my exercise videos down there and then I just need the kick in the pants to get started!!!

We went to a new church yesterday here. The Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Carthage, MO. It was very nice and I think it will become our new church home. They are in the middle of expanding the building but people did seem to be very friendly. We may check out a couple others but this church was very much like the one I grew up in. It is also Missouri Synod. There is another Lutheran church closer but it isn't Missouri Synod.

I am sending prayers up for all and am hoping the fires don't get to close to you Gary. Take care everyone and I will try to get back more often now.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 295/286/195

Height: 5'5

Hello 3FC family!!!
I know I have been MIA for a few days. I just returned to the office after a few days of training with my organization and its pretty much back to work routine. I was well and ready to come back to work. I am excited about the return of my students.
I hope and pray everyone has been doing great. I have been out of the loop so please fill me in!

Glad to be back and into the swing of things. I've been able to maintain my weight loss but not lose anymore. I think it maybe due to family issues I have been having to deal with. I will be needing lots of encouragement and support and i know I will find it here as always.

Take care and God Bless

~Suga
suga0so0fly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #94  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Hello Everyone

Just a quick check in today. Glad to see that mostly everyone is doing just fine. Prayers goin up to those of you that need a little lifting up.

Work is CRAZY today! Our online banking is down and it just has people in a frenzy. This weekend was nice. Slightly relaxing. Well as relaxing as it can be working. DB hasnt heard anything about the new position but we are still keeping our fingers crossed.

Wel sorry i have to cut it so short but things are crazy today and i wont be able to get much more in. HAPPY MONDAY!
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #95  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI COURTNEY ~ nice to have you drop by and hope your bank gets back online; that seems to happen everywhere now and again. I guess people get peeved if they need money right away and there is a problem. Our banks here still do things on paper as a backup when the computers are down ... you know, the old-fashioned way -- with a pen and paper; it's a bit slower, but it never breaks down!!!

Prayers that GOD will guide your DB so that he will know whether to stay where he is, or go to a new position: maybe putting a fleece up about that would be helpful -- ie I get a new position: I go; or I don't get one: I stay where I am???

HI SUGA ~ the only way to know what has been going on around here (other than reading ALL the posts) is to look at the personals, esp one like GARY's which sums up everyone for about a week -- so handy really! Many of us have 'FAMILY ISSUES' so prayers going up for them -- we can all pray for each other's families.

May GOD rain down His pure love and His perfect peace and His healing grace, into the hearts and homes of all of our family members -- so that they can respect each other, and love each other, with the fullness of joy, that is available to all of us; in Jesus name we ask and THANK YOU ... Amen and Amen.

HI KAREN ~ glad to see you drop by; prayers ascending for your son and his desire to become a "CORDON BLEU CHEF"; and that his family can find a place to live, and be safe from storms (have prayed that those storms will turn out to sea too). Sounds like you have many good churches that you can choose from there; you are very blessed to have so many good choices ... .

HI GARY ~ the blueberries were late this year, but we got more than enuff for us and there were lots left. We didn't see many people picking this year; guess the temps were keeping people at home, but today is much nicer, thanks ... nice cool breeze, but so strong it broke one of my pipes on my church chimes; but DH says he will fix it for me later ... DH finished the crossbraces on the floor; he has to add one to each corner, as we want them to be stronger, but that won't take long; then it's on to the next step of this phase, which is the flooring.

We went shopping this AM for a few essentials and picked up a new toaster (as ours broke) and a really good stainless steel thermos to take coffee or tea on our picnics. I received my books that I had ordered and they sound realy good -- "Living with Thorns" and "Hurt People, Hurt People". Not only will they help me, but then I may be able to help others who are going through the same things too.

HI to all our other CEer's out there; hope you all are having a great week! Take good care ... ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ are ascending for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-17-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #96  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - I have a Dyson too - and I concur - the amount of dog hair is enough to knit a sweater - EVERY WEEK!

Karen - prayers ascending! Glad you found a church

Rosebud - glad it is cooling down for you!

Hi to everyone else!

A typical Monday here - I just got home from work. I need to get some exercise in, but it is really warm. So I thought I would post first and then get to it.

Blessings to all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #97  
Quit counting at 45!

It's been so rainy here. It's the wettest and coolest summer we've had. And yet other areas of the country are in a drought with forest fires, etc. Crazy!

I had a really good weekend. Got lots done in the house and even had time to have friends in last evening. work is going well for me. There's so much to learn and sometimes I wonder if I'm too old to learn new things. Then all of the sudden something clicks. I just need a lot more clicking!!

Our backyard is almost finished. DH has been trying to get things done in between rains. I think staining the fence and deck will have to wait for a while.

Glad to hear you all are doing well. I am praying for the concerns and requests that I've read here. It's so nice to have you all to lean on when it gets tough out there.

Have a good night!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 PM   #98  

Hi all, it's been a great Monday, I was stuck at 161 for ages and now I have lost 3 pound in two days!

Gary, thanks it's so nice to be back

Karen, I will be praying for your son. When my husband and I first got married, we just took off to Germany... let's just say we grew up fast, and that was the first time we ever really had to depend on God for our next meal, and He always came through.

Suga, It's great your maintaining even though it sounds like you have stress.

Hey Cortney! Don't you hate/love computers, cant live with um and can't live without um.

Hello Laurie, I'm tired of the heat too, in a few months we will all be hating the cold... We have had a couple of nice cool days, in the 70's ahhhh.

Wilma, we have had a lot of rain here in Colorado this year as well. I love it tho, it's great for the garden.

Talk to you all later, have a wonderful Tuesday, I took the day off tomorrow, so I know I will.

Love, Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 295/286/195

Good Morning!!!
Hello to all!!

Update on a previous post about our new home search. We really wanted to take advantage of the 8,000 stimulus plan for new home owners, but my fiance and I were feeling really rushed. We prayed about it and God told us to hold off for a while until the time seemed right. The process just started off wrong, so we will probably look into a different area and a different builder. Thank you all for you prayers! Praise God for helping us out on this one!

Thank you all for your prayers towards my family. I know God will bring them comfort, understanding, and love which we always need in his name.

As for today, back at work and getting ready to revise our annual orientation for teachers at my school.

Have a great day everyone!

Love,
~Suga
suga0so0fly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All!

Yesterday I had a job interview and it went very well. I'm praying the Lord works it out that I can get this job.

I had a very bad day at work today. I coworker that I talked to in confidence went to my boss and told him about the job interview. When I confronted my coworker I told him that I could not longer trust him for betraying my trust. He accused me of doing the same to him, which is not true. I have never shared anything that he has told me in confidence. It crushed me because he was like a little brother to me and he said I was like a sister to him. I was so hurt I had to leaver work this afternoon. It just proved to me that I need to move on.

I received an email from my brother that said "When God is about to reposition your life know that the devil will begin to attack." How true that is. I'm just praying that God will help me to handle this situation I went through today with grace.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:15 AM   #101  
Rosebud

POOR KATHY ~ you have all kinds of issues coming up this week; I don't blame you, that job with the board of trade does sound interesting and I hope you get your desire. I think that your brother has a good point there too; "attack" is the right word too! Am sending up some protective prayers for you concerning all this stuff too!

We had lovely weather today; nothing special going on today though -- the car needs a couple of minor repairs (DH fixed one already), so it's going into the garage tomorrow AM; should be fixed up in less than an hour though.

HI TO EVERYONE! Hope you all have A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!!ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-19-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #102  
Quit counting at 45!

Kathy: I'm praying that God gives you direction in your life. It's hard to work with someone you can't trust anymore. I'll be praying for you you for strength to go back there and carry on. God WILL give you that grace you're looking for.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #103  

Kathy, prayers ascending!

Hi to everyone else - sounds like everyone is doing well!

Kelli - congrats on the loss!!

Doing fine here! The guys are making good progress on the roof. It is supposed to rain tonight, so they are working long hours the last couple days to make up for it. Makes for a noisy dinner though

We had a wonderful dinner last night, and DS2 went with us. It was nice to have him along, and I think he enjoyed it!

Blessings to all! Prayers ascending!

Laurie
Old 08-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #104  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ the day started out with lots of clouds so we thought it would rain for sure, but it seems that it missed us. In the late morning, we had a humongous saucer-shaped cloud over the town; really awesome to see as someone took a picture of it and I saw it on the net. The gardeners would have liked to have had some rain today but when it passed us by, they pulled out their hoses instead.

We had a very blessed day today. DH was out and about on his bike, and was talking to a friend, who happened to mention that he had a camping trailer for sale, so DH went to see it. I bought it for our lot, so we can have a place of our own to stay out of the elements when we are there. It is an older one and needs a few minor repairs, but nothing that DH can't handle. They are going to deliver it to us later in the week. GOD has blessed us so much this month; and we are so very grateful and thankful to HIM for this awesome blessing ...

Well, kept on plan very good today (credit moi); just took it easy today and rested my over-exerted legs. Made a quick dinner tonight and DH wants some frozen yogurt for dessert later, so that will be nice too. Take care everyone, and we hope that you all have A THOROUGHLY, ENTHRALLING THURSDAY!!! ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ....

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-19-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #105  

Rosebud for staying on plan! and on the camper - sounds perfect for your needs!!!

God is so awesome to provide in so many tangible ways!