Old 08-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #136  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Oatmeal- We love new people and I'm sure you'll find this to be a wonderful, helpful place!

Rosebud-Your new camper sounds nice! We've wanted one for years, but just haven't been able to swing it yet, but someday..... Glad you are keeping busy too, as I'm reminded daily of winter coming and we know how hard it is to keep active then. I'll be praying for your legs-with so many 'bugs' out there now, it's very important to take care of any injury or infection carefully.

Kathy-Prayers for your situations with jobs, church, and the kids starting school-I definitely relate on how the stresses affect our eating. We're all here for you.

Bootsie-still praying for rain-wish we could send some of ours down your way...

Laurie-the lasagna sounds great! Never tried Boca burgers in any recipes-can you tell much difference from beef or turkey? My DH is picky, picky, picky-if a dish doesn't taste the same from one time to the next, he'll complain, which, of course makes me wanna !

Suga-Getting back into a routine will help-I'm counting on the same thing We're all in this together and thanks to God for this support group!

Hi to everyone else, too! Hope you're all having a great day. I'm just trying to have a quiet, non-eventful day and reading a totally non-thought-provoking book Take care and God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #137  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI RONNI ~ thanks for the prayers; they are so needed and appreciated. You know, we have been looking for a camper for a few years; but when we'd go to look at one, we'd find it was sold already, or it was way more than we could afford (in the thousands of $$$).

I had been praying more specifically about this, just days before, and DH was chatting to a friend about building a cottage; one thing led to another and he mentioned that he has a cottage too near our lot (how odd -- we didn't know that), and that they stayed in a camper while doing theres. Turns out, they weren't using it anymore and so DH asked if he would sell it to us for a good price.

Funny thing is that this man also lives on the same street we do too; this is all Serendipity, no doubt! Isn't GOD awesome; and when I say a great price, I mean it ... He didn't want to charge us very much becuz someone gave it to them for doing them a favor. EDIT TO ADD: oh yah, this man was laid off his job, so he needed the money and we needed a camper -- it was a win-win solution for both of us. GOD DOES WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS!

I now make a list of our needs and wants; and about once a week, I read them out loud. We share them with GOD and ask for his assistance; always thanking Him in advance for all His blessings and benefits in our lives. In JOHN 10:10 Jesus said "I come that they (and you) might have life, and that they (and you) may have it more abundantly." I often say this scripture before the prayers. I do the same for health or whatever; I quote a health scripture before our prayers and such. I can't tell you just how much this has made a difference for us over time ...

GOD BLESS and have a great day; prayers continue for you and yours as well.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-25-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #138  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Oatmeal - glad you joined us!

Ronni - your husband would just hate my cooking. I never make anything the same way twice! I love Boca crumbles in things - much healthier Maybe you could try putting SOME in the recipe, along with the meat. I've been a vegetarian for 27 years, so I'm no judge of how different they taste.

Rosebud - you always have such good ideas - your prayer list is an excellent one!

A good day here - my walls are rattling with the drilling and nailing going on right over my head But, they are making great progress on the roof.

DH and I plan to go out tonight if the weather holds. "Date Night"

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week!
Prayers ascending!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud I do that a-lot but it is mainly a old goat gets me with her horns as she passes out the gate but its weird never feel her hit me. I think to myself, looks like I would of felt something hit me that hard. Then I wonder if I sleep walk because I have woke myself up talking to myself! Ha!
I will be praying for healing for you Rosebud and I will be praying for all the rest of you too! We have two wells but they are getting weaker and weaker, all the wells around us are running out of water and so far ours have slowed down, which frightens me. I can't even imagine being without water,electricity,food and toilet paper.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #140  

Hi all, I was MIA yesterday, back to school night last night.

Trish and Oatmeal, so glad you are here. You will find this is a great bunch of people!

Bootsie, I will put your wells on my prayer list. I love the way you talk about your life! It sounds like hard work, lot's of prayer, and... very happy.

Gary, I never did find those pictures.

Rosebud, Praise God, how nice to have a home away from home! I will, and have been praying for your legs.

Trish, your story about church re-confirmed to me that it's all in God's time. He will pull things together that need to be together.

To the rest of you, have a blessed Wednesday!

Love, Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 295/286/195

Height: 5'5

Blessed Morning to all!

I have a question for everyone. So, I have fought great temptation in the past and it feels good when I do so, but there are times, when I feel like I'm in a cell and I really have no options but to go along with what everyone else is eatting. For example, we have some family out of town and we are spending alot of time with them and of course eatting out alot, for the most part, I done well, but how do you manage when I feel trapped? I've been trying hard and praying so much! Its like your family cares that you are trying to eat well, but its like they dont consider that when they make a choice as to what to eat.... not sure if I'm making sense.... if anybody has dealt with something similar, I need some advice....

Thanks and God Bless,
~Suga
suga0so0fly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi my Name is Lynnie and I am so glad to find a place for encoragement. I have been riding the diet roller coster since my 30's and u would have thought as a believer I would have figured out that it is not up to me to do this all alone, that I have the Lord to shoulder the weight.
Please pray for me to remember this and to let the Father do the work.
Thanks and once again it is so nice to find like minded folks.

Lynnie
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #143  

LYNNIE

Just here at work
Almost the end of the day. Been quite busy trying to finish up the orientation power point for teachers about our program. Going to spend time with my family tonight thats visiting from California. Will do some walking down the boardwalk!!!

Hope everyone has a pleasant and blessed evening!

~Suga
Old 08-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #144  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Lynnie- Glad you found us! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Suga-What I do when having to eat what others prepare or when eating out is to just choose the best option available. None of our families will even try to prepare food that is on my plan, even though I just count calories and don't have any really special issues (except that garlic causes me to have migraines). My mil (who I love dearly) still believes that everything must include butter-even sandwiches! and the only milk she'll buy is whole fat. When we visit my family, it always involves eating at restaurants, so I go for the things that fit most closely in my plan. Even at McD's they have grilled chicken sandwiches, so that's my choice. We went to a place that all my cousins love this last June and they all had fried chicken wings and fries and dipping sauces and all I could think was how much fat they were putting in, while I had a lean shrimp stir-fry (and only ate 1/2 of it). There are almost always healthier options you can get. Some things I won't compromise on, like no pop (diet or otherwise) or any kind of artificial sweetener, but as long as I keep away from fried things, I seem to do ok when we're visiting and eating out a lot. When we were at my dad's in June, I managed to not gain anything except water weight from driving so long (and it was gone 2 days later), and we ate out every lunch and dinner for 10 days! You can do it-just think about what's available and make the best choice possible.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Trish - Welcome and thanks for the words of encouragement concerning my church search. I'm asking the Lord for His guidance and where he wants us to go.

Thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement. This past week was a rough one, but the Lord gave strength and this has been a better week.

Oatmeal & Lynnie - Welcome, you will find great support on this site.

I am working on getting back on track with my food intake and exercising. I need to get my head back into the game.

Still haven't heard anything from the job interview. I'm just seeking the Lord's will and what He would have for me.

Trust you all had a great day and wish you a happy Thursday.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #146  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Lynnie Glad you joined us!!!!

Suga - Ronni hit the nail on the head. You make the best choice possible, and if you MUST have what everyone else is having, portion control is the answer.

I carry a protein bar in my purse, and will often eat that, and then only nibble on the healthiest thing when I go out. Or order a side salad for myself and eat that while everyone else eats the main dish. I do not feel self-conscious or make excuses for eating differently. Don't feel pressured to have what everyone else is having. It is your body, and your health that are affected. YOU and only YOU control what you eat.

I do the same thing at work. If someone brings in a birthday treat, I join them for their celebration, but eat my snack that I brought from home instead of the cake (or whatever).

Kathy - prayers continuing regarding your job!

All is well here, working long days, but that is to be expected given the season. The weather here is cool - which I love. Gotta fly - chores need doing!

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #147  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi GALS ~

Angie has her BUNKO BABES over tonight so I am stuck in my bedroom

She brought me up a couple of burgers but when I went down to get some more chips the abuse I took wasn't worth it...you think they never saw a man before

Work is still stressful but better. I posted a couple of prayer requests in WARIORS....

KELLI ~ here is the link to the pics with my daughter in law http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...cute-gals.html

SCOOTER ~I carry a prtein bar in my truck and backpack at all times...several...been stuck too many times on the freeway and airports w/o food and nowhere to get it! I copied the recipe...all by myself!

KATHY ~Praying for "interview" success and football!!! If I lived there my son and I would be at the Little League game!

SUGA ~Enjoy your california visitors...down south by me?

RONNI ~ Football prayers too and for the funeral fiasco!

LYNNIE ~ WELCOME!!!

BOOTSIE ~ Let it rain ~ rain ~ rain!!!! Prayers

OATMEAL ~ WELCOME !!!

ROSEBUD ~ Enjoy the crock-pot...camper! Prayers for leg

TRISH ~ Good to see you sticking around.

Be back soo.....Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #148  

Buenos Dias (Good Morning)

Ronnie: for the advice! I really just needed to hear how someone else deals with it. I guess I just feel overwhelmed because of all the eating out. But I feel like I did much better yesterday. I was also thinking that I am probably going through one of those standstill moments when I know what I need to do, but Ive been doing it for a while, I tend to fall into eating the bad stuff. But, with prayer and commitment, I hope for the best and I will try my best.

Laurie: I tend to do better at work with what I intake, its around the family when I tend to weaken. I am glad my fiancee and some of my family is supportive and they try and keep me on track.

Gary: The family visiting from California are from San Diego. They are actually my fiancee's family. Thanks to them I was about to visit California a couple of years ago. It is BEAUTIFUL!

Hope everyone has a blessed day! Sending prayers up for all of you!

Staying strong in the name of Jesus!!!
~Suga
Old 08-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Lynnie, welcome to the group! So glad your here! Hope you stick around!
There are a-lot of neat people here as you have seen.
Today I really don't know what is going to be like , know that I am fixing to go wash some eggs and clean the store today. I worked on cleaning it yesterday and made some progress with it but that was just the feed part.
I got my morning walk in with my friend and she is fixing to go on a trip wish I was going with her because she is going to where one of my best friends live that I met in the outlookministry.

There is an 80 % chance we will not get a rain today,...Gary praying you get rain too. Thanks for all the prayers for rain, it gets close but no show, maybe I should give the county where I live, Burnet County, the whole county needs rain plus surrounding counties. Yesterday it rained in Burnet county but when it got to us it rained out already. If it is as cold this winter here in Texas as it has been as hot we just might freeze solid! Well best get to washing those few eggs we have.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Everyone,

Lynnie ~ I'm fairly new here too and I can say that it's a great support group. I love the fact that we are like minded and that we pray for each other.

I missed writing here yesterday. I've been in a strange mood lately. Good because I feel a transition going on. Suddenly eating is good. I am doing Kellie's online BS, and my eating has fallen into a pattern. Although I don't think of myself as "on a diet" per se, it turns out that I am eating the way I ate when I lost over 75 lbs about 7 years ago. It really is my favorite way to eat and doesn't feel like a diet. I believe finding this faith group where we pray for eact other is a big help. I am a firm believer that what you do for others comes back as a blessing for you. I'm praying for each of you as I know you're praying for me and I am being blessed. Another thing is that I've decided to take things "one day at a time" and not look at it as having sooo much weight to lose and how long it is going to take. Also, I am keeping things, food choices and preparations, "simple" this time too. I also remember something I learned "many" years ago in my old OA meetings, "everyday do 3 things that I don't really want to do". Sometimes that may be exercise or even staying OP.

Gary ~Thanks for lead to the pics. You have a beautiful family. Your devotional today was a real eye opener. Makes me appreciate my blessings even more. I always pray that if I ever have to face that kind of thing that God will make me strong enough to.

Suga ~ I agree with all that has been said. When you eat out or in places where you have no control over preparations, etc of foods, make the best choices possible and portion control. It is so easy when you're with family to "mindlessly" eat. So I usually do what normal thin people do. I give myself permission to eat things you like, but in very small amounts. I heard someone say that after 2 or 3 bites that it doesn't taste as good. So if it is a food I know doesn't trigger a craving, I allow myself a few bites. Then at the next meal or snack, I'm right back OP. This works for some and not for other so by all means go by what works for you.

Kathy ~ You are welcome. Praying for you're job situation as well.

Rosebud ~ Praying for you health issues. Enjoy the crockpot. I found me a rather small one last fall. I love soups and stews which DH dosn't care for so it is perfect for me. Saw one even smaller yesterday at the new Walmart. I think it is mostly for dips, but it would be great for one person cooking. DH has been telling me I need to start thinking of things I want for Christmas. Just might put that one on my list.

Bootsie ~ Still praying for that rain for you. Which way do you live from Waco? I have family all over TX, but my Daddy and one sister lives in Waco. Watched the weather and it is "really" hot there and all of TX needs rain bad. I pray you get it soon.

Laurie, Ronni, Kellie, Oatmeal and all others

You are all in my prayers and have a Blessed day.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 08-27-2009 at 12:39 PM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote