Old 06-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5'3"

Default I'm in too!

Hello! I just joined this site today! I have recently dug out my old WDW stuff. I really believe in the principles of this program. I know God did not make my body to be overweight and he gave me an internal system to know when to stop eating! I just needed to be reminded. Thanks for this thread and you who are posting here! I have been a Christian for 24 years and I know God is leading me in this direction. He had me dig out the books and now has led me to this thread. I will follow HIM! I'm in!
Shawnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 156

Hi - I am intersted in beginning the weigh down plan. Are you doing weigh down?
spry324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I am interested what is the weigh down plan?
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #19  

It is eating between hunger and satisfaction and relying on God for help. I'd be glad to post here but it seems the posts are few and far between.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #20  

Carol3639, is there a group in the 3 Fat Chicks that have it going already? If so I can go there just never have found it yet but there is a-lot to go through , this is a BIG Place! But that is so good!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #21  

Yes. A little different but similar.

I tried to give you a direct link but couldn't get it to work. It is called Intuitive Eating #10 and it is under General Diet Plans. Hope you can find it.

Last edited by carolr3639; 07-25-2009 at 11:45 AM.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 149/148/125

Height: 5'4"

Everyone should read about the Eden Diet - there is a wesite for it. It is founded on Christain Biblical beliefs. I am finding it hard to stay with Weighdown as Gwen has become a little whack lately.
kbajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #23  

Mmm, not really sure how this works. New here and to forums. I was googling "Weighdown Workshop support" and ended up here. I went through a couple Weighdown classes over 10 years ago, lost weight, felt good and believe what is taught in the class is the right way to deal with excess weight and diet.
Years later, pounds lost and regained I am looking at the truth that I need to wake up each day and give it to God, knowing it's His and it's ALL in His control. I would like to deal with my eating and weight this way. And am looking for support from others that would like to do the same.
suzanne marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #24  
outside is not inside

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

Hello all. I have read the weigh down book and seen the videos, have read I can make you thin and the eden diet, and have been in Lightweigh which is the Catholic version of weigh down, with my hectic life this is the only way for me to go, I do not have the time or the energy to measure and count anymore, been there, done that, plus when dieting you get to a point that you resent not being able to eat what you want.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #25  

I still read her books but am not with them anymore . They make a lot of sense but I just gained weight. They have a community site and it is very encouraging.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher37 View Post
Ladies,

I had previously shared in Aug '08 of my experience with WDW. I have struggled with wanting to turn away from my obsession with food & turn to my Lord for comfort when anxious/sad/happy - thinking that WD was the only venue that I could go with (& I didn't want to go there again) in order to live a disciplined life with food. Well, long story short, 2 mths ago I searched & found a WONDERFUL faith-based, grace based, God centred program call "Thin Within" (just google to find the website). I have felt such freedom, knowing that I can turn to God, seek Him, to love Him more than I love food - that there is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!

If you allow me, below is a powerful Scripture (& yes, all are powerful ) that just opened my eyes & has given me such a clear revelation ...

Galatians 5:13 "As for you, my brothers & sisters, you were called to be free. But do not let this freedom become an excuse for letting your physical desires control you"...
vs. 16-17 "What I say is this; let the Spirit direct your lives, and you will not satisfy the desires of the human nature. For what our human nature wants is opposed to what the Spirit wants, and what the Spirit wants is opposed to what our human nature wants. These two are enemies, and this means that you cannot do what you want to do."
vs. 24&25 "And those who belong to Christ Jesus have put to death their human nature with all its passions and desires. The Spirit has given us life, he must also control our lives."

1 Corinthians 6:12-13 "You may say, "I am allowed to do anything." But I reply, "Not everything is good for you." (all things are permissable for me but not all things are beneficial (italics mine)). And even though "I am allowed to do anything," I must not become a slave to anything. You say, "Food is for the stomach, and the stomach is for food." This is true, though some day God will do away with both of them ... They (our bodies) were made for the Lord and the Lord cares about our bodies."

I've learned that it's a journey, to trust in His sufficiency - to come into agreement with what He wants for me, to be able to live a life of peace AND joy.

Thank you for allowing for me to share,
Your sister in Christ,
Cheryl
thanks for posting.
I did weighdown many years ago and have come back to that principle as the right point of reference in regard to food and weight but would always go back to counting calories. that was my successful way of dieting. but the weight would always come back on because i would always go back to old way of eating -- compulsively. In the last week i've changed. kissing "dieting" good bye, each day is the Lords and is in His control. there is NO reason to overeat. Praise God for the 5 days of peace that has come from trusting Him in a new, more complete way and that I have not been running to food for anything other than hunger. One day at a time, given to Him. "Give me this day, my daily bread, my dear Lord".
suzanne
Old 05-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCajun View Post
Hello all. I have read the weigh down book and seen the videos, have read I can make you thin and the eden diet, and have been in Lightweigh which is the Catholic version of weigh down, with my hectic life this is the only way for me to go, I do not have the time or the energy to measure and count anymore, been there, done that, plus when dieting you get to a point that you resent not being able to eat what you want.
Amen! That's one thing i've found in the last 5 days is, eating whatever i want has something to do with being satisfied. I don't have that deprived feeling that would contribute to the pull to food. And I'm not eating M&M's all the time. I'm eating carrots, apples, tuna....and sweets. Thank You Lord!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #28  
outside is not inside

Default Good For you

Suzanne I understand where you are coming from. Being a "professional" dieter, it is nice to eat what I want, but in moderation and not want to strangle the skinny people who can eat what they want It's also nice not to have to over think food, have I had all carbs for the day, did I go over my calorie allotment, if I eat this will it make me gain on weigh in day. God Is Good!!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:25 PM   #29  

I'm glad I found this thread. I just can't diet anymore either! Folks, I can no longer do it! About 11 years ago, when I first turned Christian, my husband and I joined a church group that had a good Weigh Down support group.

We left when all the fuss was made about her not believing in the Trinity, etc. if you guys followed the progress of WD. Now, 11 years later, I have matured somewhat and am more tolerant. It was a good program and I'm sorry I got rid of my book. I know my own belief system. Nowadays I take what I need and leave the rest without turning my back on the whole enchilada.

So count me in.

I'm going to the Library Tuesday in hope of finding the book. Or I'll order it used from amazon.
spiritpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #30  
outside is not inside

SpiritPath I like you have my own belief system, but that does not mean that we cannot be helped by someone who has a different belief system than us. You sometimes have to weed out the wheat from the chaff, so to speak, but I hope this system works for you. Make it a blessed day! Tammy