Height: 6'

Default Grace/Forgiveness/Love Mid-Week BOOST

He has shown you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Grace, Forgiveness, and Love

see cartoon below

Sometimes we can get so caught up with the idea of being a “good person” that we overlook what Christianity is really about.

As the man in the cartoon shows us - he wants to do what is right, but has his priorities mixed up. He “talks the talk” but doesn't “walk the walk”

Christianity is not about talking the talk or walking the walk.

God saved us in the person and the work of Jesus Christ, how awesome!
It is because we are saved that we are free to live a life full of deeper service and faith.

Christianity is about living a life in God’s Grace, full of Compassion Forgiveness and Love.

God’s word shows us how much we need the gift of salvation! When we look at ourselves through Gods law in the Bible – we see our shortcomings, weaknesses, all the blemishes in our lives. That is exactly why God sent His son to die for us – to wash away all of those things in His precious, innocent blood on our behalf.

Our Father loves us with an unconditional love and His greatest example of that love is the coming of Christ and His substitutionary life, suffering, death and resurrection on our behalf.

Now we can look in the mirror and see a new creation, a person washed clean through Jesus Christ! A person living in God’s grace

This week – as a response to God’s grace and our salvation, reach out to those around us. Show them Christ’s love, compassion and forgiveness.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-03-2010 at 05:48 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #2  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Gray,
This is great. God really uses and you are truly His instrument. You never stop amazing me. Thank you for being just who Christ made you to be.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Thank you for the un-deserved compliment Aggie!

Again, everyone, I remind you all I do with these Mid-Week Boosts is to forward them from my church. They are put together by our congregation and usually, but not always, are a follow up to the sermon the previous Sunday.

I will continue to post them here as long as people view them.

If you would like to receive them direct to you personal e-mail just PM me and I will give our church the information.

In Christ, Gary
Old 03-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #4  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Gary,
This was the first time that I had ever read the Mid-Week Boosts, so please do continue to post them, I will be reading them each week. I am glad to know what's in my Wallet.
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Thanks AGGIE!