Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default BUT GOD! Mid-Week Boost

On this mountain (Isaiah refers here to where Jesus was crucified )
the LORD Almighty will prepare
a feast of rich food for all peoples,
a banquet of aged wine—
the best of meats and the finest of wines.
On this mountain he will destroy
the shroud ( here Isaiah refers to our sin )that enfolds all peoples,
the sheet ( here it is our death) that covers all nations;

he will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears
from all faces;
he will remove the disgrace of his people
from all the earth.
The LORD has spoken.

In that day they will say,
"Surely this is our God;
we trusted in him, and he saved us.
This is the LORD, we trusted in him;
let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."
Isaiah 25:6-9

But God

Sometimes things can seem to “pile up” on us and suddenly it feels like we are in a big hole trying to dig our way out. Pastor spoke this Easter weekend, when we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus, about the many instances when things for the early Christians seemed hopeless, when they were at their wits end, when all seemed lost.

But God kept his promise and opened for them "a way of escape"

God never promises to take away the problems in life,
but He does promises to be with us through them.

The children at the red sea with the armies of Pharaoh closing in for the kill –Moses: I didn't know how to get across the Red Sea, But God parted the waters.

Daniel: “I was tossed into a den of lions, But God preserved my life.”

The disciples cowering behind locked doors certain that they would suffer the same fate as Jesus, But God, their resurrected Lord appeared to them with the words, "peace be with you."

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

We too have many times in our lives and in the lives of our dearly loved fellow Christians when we see no way out, when all seems lost and hopeless.

A job lost, bills that can't be paid, illness that saps all strength:

I was lost, But God found me and brought me to faith.

I was depressed and in despair, But God surrounded me with people who cared.

I was sick, But God brought healing into my life.

You and I were destined for an eternity of separation (****) from our loving Maker, because of our sins, But God came in Christ to bring us forgiveness.

On our own, we wouldn't recognize the significance of Christ death nor be able to believe the great news of His Resurrection, But God has given us His Holy Spirit to create faith in us and then to keep it strong.

All of us will face that time when there is no human possibility of escape But God will take us, cleansed by Jesus on the cross, body and soul into eternal life with him.

God promises never to leave us. When things look hopeless or lost, God is already working ahead of the situation to bring you to the place He wants you to reach. We know from His great acts in the past that God always keeps His promises and He always protects His children.

We now live as people of the Resurrection, empowered by a limitless God who overcame everything for us and now gives us limitless grace, along with limitless opportunities to change the world around us. We know that God is with us at all times and in all places.

Let the past works of God give you comfort in knowing He is working for you today and everyday in your future

AMEN!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #2  
No description available.

Thank you.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:49 PM   #3  

Thank you very much!
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

You are both welcome...but all I did was forward my church's e-mail to me to you!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote