Old 02-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers ~ FEBRUARY

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

IT'S FABULOUS FEBRUARY, FOLKS ~ and we had a huge snowstorm all night long, and got a good dump of snow; and the winds are having fun whirling it all around too, so guess who's staying home and indoors today ... yes, we are! So far today, I made a batch of banana-bran muffins for snacks. I cut the sugar and fat in half (and they still taste great); and I make them a bit smaller than the recipe calls for, to lessen the C's in them.

Anyways, we had a great weekend; and we hope you all are doing the same. HI TO ALL OUR FRIENDS OUT THERE ~ HI WILMA, and all those MIA's that we haven't heard from for awhile like COURTNEY, AUNT SUE, SHY, KAREN31, TRISH, JOANNE, REBA, and all the LORIES, and many others who I know lurk every now and then, but don't post becuz they are busy with life. We do think of you often, and wish you the very best ...ROSEBUD

^^PRAYERS^^ are ascending for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Waiting for the game to start. Angie is off to Home Depot to buy paint and a Ryobi i-pod deck for her new i-pod. She likes the idea of having a battery that can run her screw gun and her new i-pod

Sometimes it scares me she can do "man" stuff....changed the handle in the toilet and put up new shelves in her loft while I was gone last week. If I didn't vacuum so well she might not need me

We went to church last night so this morning we went out to Carlsbad at 6:30 and walked 3.5 miles of the coast/beach in an hour then had breakfast at a street cafe. Sat outside in the patio since we had the dogs. A group of men bicyclist gave them all kinds of attention....they want to go back We shared one each of a ham/egg and cheese and tomato/basil cream cheese croissant with coffee/tea.

The family party went well. I stayed away from the kielbasa after the first sandwich but snuck a bratwurst. High calorie potato salad, macaroni salad, chips and dip didn't help but I kept my portions reasonably in check....OK...not as much as the past In the past I would have been eating the kielbasa and bratwurst like finger food

SCOOTER ~ COKE 0....funny...funny girl....on Super Bowl?....funny I am so proud of you for your part in the vision of your church! Must be an awesome place with you and DH participating. We are very blessed to have a Saturday night service. We started it about 15 years ago on a trial basis. We usually have around 50 people. Angie and I take advantage of it when we can. We usually go to 8am Sunday service unless she has bells on Saturday or 10:30 Sun. It is nice to hit the Saturday one though then go to dinner afterwards, take it easy Sunday morning or take advantage of good walking/coffee weather We have asked Pastor if he would like to have one month in the summer off of Saturday nights and he says "No way"...we have too many that come. Still going strong at 70!

BEV ~ Continued prayers for Dennis. good luck in the new/again friendship. I hope all works out well for you.

KELLI ~ Prayers that you find the church that God wants for you and your family. When I went through a divorce many years ago I considered leaving my church....it was hard to see my ex there with my kids, in a different pew, on "her" week-ends, anyway I explored a bit but came back...it was and always will be home....26 years now. I hope you find your "home" Thanks, this thread was started before I came on board here in 2002. Wilma, "Aunt" Sue and I are still kickin' here after these last 7 years. To be honest I don't remember who started it, I just keep it going with EVERYONE'S HELP! and our good Lord's handiwork

KATHY ~ My daughter graduated college from a Nazarene church here in southern California. Prayers for the Lord's will to be answered in your journey with the foster care/adoptions. I don't want to make light of "mom" but dear "mom" is just a word. You are MOM to those kids. They can't replace what you give them with anyone else but you. I know it doesn't quite compare but my kids have a mom and a step-mom. Now my wife never wanted or intended for my kids to call her mom, they have a mom....a good one too...my wife has a daughter...never have I been called dad by her, or do I want to...she has a dad....however there are things and relationships that Angie has with my children after 14 years that my ex-wife doesn't. They "go to" her with issues and concerns that they would never go to their mom with. They do things with her that they would never do with their mom....and they get along fine with their mom....for the most part I know it isn't the same...just wanted to say "MOM" is in your and that is what counts the most

ROSEBUD ~Ouch for all that I really hate to mention it is in the 70's here today But then I don't have any banana muffins baking in the oven making the house smell wonderful Continued prayers for bil and sil and your leg

RONNI ~Good luck tomorrow at Mayo Awesome job on that NSV at McDonald's HA! I don't move too much furniture these days Just a bed and dresser in knucklehead's old room....but I can texture drywall like no tomorrow!

BARGOO ~How's the "elder-ing" going so far?

DONNA ~ Looking forward to more Jonathon stories.

SANDY ~ My nephew, who I raised, just finishe NAVY Boot Camp a few months ago. He is still in Great Lakes with his school. Good luck to your daughter.

WILMA ~ AUNT SUE ~ KAREN ~ CRISSY ~ NITA ANN ~ COURTNEY ~ GINNY ~ SHY and ALL OF YOU
Old 02-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

I wish you all could see the lovely snow falling outside. It really is beautiful even though I do wish it would go away!! I've been under the weather the past few days and have been laying low. I have plugged ears and that's making me dizzy. DH would say I'm always dizzy but this is for real. I've taken advantage of the down time to try to get some work done on my course. The job I'm wanting has been posted and I'll know by the end of February whether I get it or not. Either way I am at peace. Thank God!

Gary: I also don't know who started this thread as it was going strong when I joined so long ago. It's been busy at times and really slow at times. I love how busy it is right now.

Surely you mean more to Angie than your vacuuming!! You can cook can't you? I wish I was more handy than I am. I just can't hang anything straight. Good thing I can cook!!

Rosebud: Sounds like you're getting the same system we are. Stay warm!

Have a good week everyone!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #5  
3D MOM

S/C/G: 245/233/145

Height: 5'2"

WILMA- Hope your feeling better. I agree on the snow being beautiful but, it's also depressing. I can't wait til we can go outside and walk.

JUST WANT TO BE- Are your muffins from scratch? I'd love a recipe if so. Banana nut bread is a real weak spot for me!!

GARY- Glad to hear you've had such a great weekend with your family. I bet it's nice to know you don't have to worry over her being helpless while your gone all week. Does she own her own power tools?? LOL!!! Safe traveling this week.

BEV- Blessings for your new/old friend. I pray He's a proud Christian Man who will support you in all the things you do. I hope your brother stays positive and accepts the help you seem to offer him. MOMMA doing ok?? Hope you're feeling better.

BARGOO- How's the new position at Church going?

KATHY- Woo-Hoo!! I think I feel better over sizes than lbs. sometimes.

ROSEBUD- Prayers for you and yours.

KELLI- What books and verses can I find that at?

COUNTING DOWN- I'm doing a size 20-22 now but I've got a closet full of spring and summer clothes in a 16-18. Does it take a drastic loss to drop a couple of sizes?? Just curious and any help would be appreciated. I actually went thru a faze where I bought new clothes smaller just to try and motivate myself. Guess what I wore all summer last year?! LOL!!!

NITA ANN- Been missing you. Hope everythings ok out there.

Prayers and happy thoughts for all this week.
3D MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Kathy - Gary is spot-on and I meant that as well. You are a mom...without the name. A rose by any other name still smells as sweet!

Gary - Thanks on the well-wishes with that old friend and hopefully NEW relationship. And I am so sure your wife is pleased to have a wonderful, caring husband! A woman that likes power tools are priceless!!! I help a friend of mine with his 66 mustang and he saves all the air-powered tool work for when I come over...I LOVE THOSE TOOLS!

Nita Ann - How are you?????? I miss you.

Rosebud and Wilma - stay warm and be healthy!

3D - thank you for your prayers! I know God has a man for me like that...I just pray that he's near by!!!
Momma is doing ok...she's started getting worried now. She misses him.
Thank you for your hopes and prayers for Dennis too.
I am feeling better.

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!!!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #7  
I am HIS Workmanship

S/C/G: 310/See Slider/165

Height: 5'7"

Default My daughter, Janeen

I wanted to share with you a bit about my daughter, so that you can pray with me and ask the Lord to do a miracle in her life.

Janeen was raised in a Christian home and was always very tender towards the Lord. She came to know the Lord at a very young age, and was such a testimony for Him all her life.

She got a little wild her senior year in HS, and did a little drinking, but seemed to grow out of that pretty quickly.

A year ago, however, she met a guy on the internet who lives in TX. Brian (the guy) is an atheist and has convinced her of his ideas. They have met up twice, and he's convinced her to do a lot of things she was set against. He lied to her about being married, he still isn't divorced, and has talked her into moving to TX to live with him. Janeen is 19 and Brian is 27.

My heart is breaking for my daughter. She is so bright and talented (amazing artist), but right now, she is so blinded by the enemy.

I know the Scripture that promises "Train up a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart." I'm comforted by that.

But her thinking right now is poisoning our house. I have a very impressionable 8 year old, and, unfortunately my daughter is very outspoken.

It's all very stressful.

Thank you for your prayers.

Donna
iwannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #8  
Quit counting at 45!

Donna: I will definitely keep your daughter and your whole family in my prayers. Heartbreaking. Just continue to have faith that God will lead her back to himself.

I'm feeling a bit better this a.m. I still don't feel like going to work though. Once I'm there I'm okay. I think it's just a Monday feeling.

Have a great week everyone!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/138/130

Height: 5'5

Donna: Your daughter will be in my prayers. As Wilma said, continue the faith!

Wilma: I know how you feel! I'm a flight attendant that's prone to ear infections (due to Hashimoto's disease). My church keeps giving me healing prayers...and so far, its worked! I'll pray for you too!

Have a blissful day everyone!
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 268 / 268 / 140

Height: 5'4"

Hello All!

I joined 3FC yesterday and started my journey for a healthier me this morning! I'm hoping this time I can stick with it all the way through. This morning my husband and I went through our cabinets and fridge and freezer and threw out all the junk and I went grocery shopping and planned out my food week!

I'm so happy to have found this thread, I'll definately need some prayer support in the comming weeks!!

God Bless!!
WatertonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #11  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - hope you had SOME moderation in your beverage choices yesterday! Great game!!!!

Wilma - prayers for your health! I'm with you - the snow is so beautiful, and a wonderful visual reminder of God's cleansing of the entire earth, as well as us - but - ENOUGH ALREADY!

3D - it really depends on the clothes and your body shape. I seemed to stay in a 20 for a long time, and then, almost overnight 18s fit and a few weeks later they were loose. I am an hourglass, rather than an apple - naturally - but going through my 40's, my body shape shifted, and I became more of a "barrel" (see pics below). I think exercising really helped me fit into smaller sizes more quickly. As I look at those pics, I was in 16s in that October (which was 3 months into my weightloss journey) picture. In fact, I actually cried before we left on that trip. The fleece coat that I was wearing was a misses large - the very first piece of clothing that I bought in the "regular" section of the store. AND IT FIT!!!

I went and checked my Fitday - When I left for that trip, I was 180 lbs (which was down 35 from the start).

So - yeah - I think you will be in those spring clothes

Donna - prayers for your daughter. Those late teen and early 20 years can be a real challenge (I know from experience). I will keep her on my prayer list as long as needed!

WatertonGirl glad you found us! I hope you will come back and post often so we can get go know you!

Bev - thank you for your kind words on the January thread!

Hello to everyone else! I hope you had a blessed day!

It was a MONDAY here - I felt like Wilma this morning - I would have loved to have stayed home. But, it was a good day, regardless. I did give blood today, so I altered the workout this afternoon to take it easy on the arm.

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #12  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS ~ they are very appreciated!!!

WATERTON GIRL ~ best wishes for your new journey ...

CALLIE ~ read your profile; that must be difficult having such a long distance relationship all the way to NYC. Hope you have a special deal for the phone calls (you know: pay one price for all the calls you want). Glad the prayers of your church is helping you so much.

DONNA ~ will definitely send up prayers for your daughter Janeen; I'm sure if she has believed since such a young child, she will come back to Him. The Lord will finish the work in her that he has started; for even if we aren't faithful, remember that He always is!!! Right now, this relationship is in a blind stage, but in a very short span of time, she will see what he is really like; and one of two things will happen: she'll come back home and to the Lord, or he'll be the one changing his ways!

HI WILMA ~ will send up some prayers for that new job opportunity; I'm glad that you have peace whichever way it goes. Thank for the prayers too ...

3D ~ here's that recipe; the banana replaces some of the oil and molasses and sugar in the original recipe.

BANANA-BRAN MUFFINS:

1/2 cup A/P flour
1/2 cup w/w flour
1-1/2 cups natural bran+
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 mashed banana
*2-4 tbl vegetable oil or margarine
*2-4 tbl molasses
*1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup skim milk or juice
1/2 cup raisins

Combine and pour into prepared muffin tins; bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes. This make a dozen large or more smaller muffins. +Note: sometimes I sub 2 tbl flax meal and/or ground oatmeal for some of the natural bran. *reductions for banana*

HI to all our other friends and MIA'S out there ... Have a great night, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-02-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma12 View Post
.... The job I'm wanting has been posted and I'll know by the end of February whether I get it or not. Either way I am at peace. Thank God!

I pray that our good Lord's will be done in this WILMA and good luck!

Gary: I also don't know who started this thread as it was going strong when I joined so long ago. It's been busy at times and really slow at times. I love how busy it is right now.

I do too!

Surely you mean more to Angie than your vacuuming!! You can cook can't you? I wish I was more handy than I am. I just can't hang anything straight. Good thing I can cook!!

Keep in mind WILMA...she "MADE" me learn to cook...which brought me here almost 7 years ago!....Aww....we were so young then
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D MOM View Post
GARY- Glad to hear you've had such a great weekend with your family. I bet it's nice to know you don't have to worry over her being helpless while your gone all week. Does she own her own power tools?? LOL!!! Safe traveling this week.

[SIZE="3"]She ended up NOT getting the Ryobi....didn't want to pay the price of the second battery and charger...but she did get another i-pod deck at Wallyworld that she NEVERS goes to! She is a Target woman. She does indeed have some...minor....power tools and her toll box has much better stuff in it than mine! My wife gets her own car gassed....serviced and washes it and waxes it herself. Last year when I was out of town she changed her own headlight and fixed a broken sprinkler head that was blown. All this is fine...but the guiys in the family NEVER EVER win at the Battle of The Sexes game against her and her sisters....and us guys know a lot of girl stuff! [SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Gary - Thanks on the well-wishes with that old friend and hopefully NEW relationship. And I am so sure your wife is pleased to have a wonderful, caring husband! A woman that likes power tools are priceless!!! I help a friend of mine with his 66 mustang and he saves all the air-powered tool work for when I come over...I LOVE THOSE TOOLS!

My first car...in 1969 when I was 15...was a '67 Mustang GT...390 automatic....rolled it at 15 (almost 16) on Super Bowl III...all OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannaloose View Post
I wanted to share with you a bit about my daughter, so that you can pray with me and ask the Lord to do a miracle in her life.
Prayers for your daughter and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post

Have a blissful day everyone!
Welcome CALLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertonGirl View Post
Hello All!

I joined 3FC yesterday and started my journey for a healthier me this morning! I'm hoping this time I can stick with it all the way through. This morning my husband and I went through our cabinets and fridge and freezer and threw out all the junk and I went grocery shopping and planned out my food week!
Welcome WATERTONGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Gary - hope you had SOME moderation in your beverage choices yesterday! Great game!!!!
Laurie
So-so .....what's new

Thanks for that recipe ROSEBUD

Angie taught yoga tonight so I took the dogs for 2.5 miles after work....pretty much the highlight of my day....other than visiting here

What a great Super Bowl!

Have a great Tuesday Ladies ~ Gary
Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #14  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Happy Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday, CER's!
I'm so sorry to have been MIA again... I took a fall the week before last and sprained my ankle pretty bad during the snow storm that hit us... I was trying to give my hubby a helping hand ~ but landed on my can! I was bummed as I just began walking on my T-mill again. I think the ankle is finally where I can try to get started walking agin this week.

Hi, Gary! Thank you so much for the lovely post you wrote... I only hope I can live up to all you said! I printed up your post so Joe can read it and catch up also. You have much to be proud of my friend!!! I'm so happy that Angie is doing so well!!! I only wish I lived close enuf to join Angie's yoga classes... my muscles are mush right now! I have a lot of work ahead of me

I read that you are no longer in construction... do you like your new job and all that traveling... does Angie? I'd hate it if Joe had to be gone so much. My Joe had to change jobs also, he no longer works for TOPS (they went under here in Ohio), but Joe made his 30 years and his retirement wages with them (Praise God!). But while this was all happening, Joe was asked to come work for ITW / Hobart Co. (repairs food equipment in nursing homes, restaurants, etc.). He's been with them for a bit over 2 yrs now, but hopes to leave some day soon and work on his own. When he first got the job he was off at their school for 2 weeks at a time, 4x's the first year and 3x's the second year (I didn't like his being away at all, but got thru it). This year he is scheduled for 1 in Aug. The school is training in taking the new equipment, being used in the bakeries/kitchens, apart and putting it back together again and then taking tests... not easy for someone now 56, but my Joe passes each with flying colors! Plus he still directs the music at church. I'm so proud of him!!!

Me... I still sing in our small group at church and I make signature, scripture and snag tags at the forums I work at (all free). It takes up much of my time, but I so enjoy it!!! At the moment, I am out of the forums there (been gone since Dec/08) cuz my HD burned up on my notebook computer where I had all my programs loaded. Just got it back this past Monday. They were able to retrieve most of the programs, but not all. So now I have to reformat it and load it all up again... not looking forward to that at all So if I am MIA again for a bit, you'll know why. Since my surgery, I get tired easily and am not able to do all I use to. But that being said, I'm hoping that as I exercise and lose the wt. I will gain my energy back again

How are your pups doing? I luved looking at the pics in your blog... you should be so proud of all your hard work & wt loss... You look marvelous!!!

Okay... I've rattled on enuf here... gonna make another post to meet and greet the other CER's
You and Angie have a great one! Oh yes... great game this weekend!!!
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #15  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, Friends!

Donna-will be praying for your daughter and your family. It's sad when our kids forget Who they belong to. One thing we had to do was set boundaries for behavior when DS1 was around the younger ones during the worst of the rebellious times. Some things just weren't aloud to be mentioned or done or he (and his girlfriend-now our DIL) had to leave. We let him know how much we loved him, but that he had made his choices and couldn't bring the consequences home to our other 2 boys. Now that DS1 and DIL are married and "growing up" they still respect those boundaries, even to the point of not smoking in their own house when we are visiting They're still not in line with God, but we continue to pray about that.

Wilma-prayers for God's will with the job posting. Glad you're feeling better now, too. There really seems to be a lot of icky germs going around right now. DH and DS3 both had fevers last night, but DH was better already this morning, so don't know what that germ was!

Callie and WatertonGirl- glad to have you here!

Kelli-it is hard to avoid joining in with work gossip especially when we want to fit in and be "part of the group" even if the group isn't functioning well, as in talking behind other's backs. I pray that God will help protect your ears from hearing negative things and that He would give you insight on positive things to say when confronted with gossips and bad talking.

Rosebud-Gee, more snow? And, still you always seem so positive! I'm truly ready to fill the garden sprayer with green food coloring and start spraying the white, white piles all over the yard! Maybe I could do a quilt pattern in the flat spot to the west of the house with several different colors Those muffins really sound good, so I'll have to go to the store to get bananas this week. DH loves banana bread, so he ought to like those too!

Gary-that you were sending a few days ago seems to be staying! 3 days now and it's supposed to get above freezing by tomorrow, then stay for the rest of the week I'm trying to learn how to use those power tools, but have a fear of power saws, so DH has to do that kind of stuff. His mom tries to use everything, but really shouldn't, like the time she had to be taken to ER after trying to use a chain saw up in a tree and almost cut her hand off (she was 70 at the time!). She just doesn't know when to ask for help

Hello to everyone else, too! Hope you all have a really nice day! I had my dr visit at Mayo yesterday. The neuro's opinion is that I do have MS, but he is having my records reviewed by a few others, as well. No need for the LP, as I'm on the waning end of the cycle at this time, but reserves the right to ask for one at a later date, especially if symptoms change radically. He's recommending no meds at this time, since my symptoms are not debilitating, just incredibly annoying and irritating. He says that most of the meds won't help with the symptoms I experience and can have worse side effects. So, no real change in anything, except that, after 16 years of wondering what's wrong, I finally have a diagnosis and don't have to wonder if it's something worse.

An update on Ryan-he's to go home today! Still a long road ahead for complete recovery, as he's still got an open incision that has to be cleaned daily as well as the ostomy until his colon heals completely. But, the last photo they posted showed him sitting up and smiling

Thank you all for the prayers for Ryan and his family, as well as for my family and me. It means a lot that there are people out there who will lift others up for help when it's needed!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote