Old 03-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Christian Encouragers ~ MARCH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-01-2009 at 06:17 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Just taking in some NASCAR...another caution...makes 6 this race...oh well.

Had a full house in church today since it is Lutheran Schools Week. A lot of kids there singing....way cool.

Birthday went well. The kids came up and we went for Mexican food, the owner kept apologizing to me since it was real busy and it took quite a while for our food to come. We didn't really notice since we had drinks, chips and good conversation As we left he came up to me again (Angie and I are regulars) and said he was sorry...I told him no problem, I would rather have to wait than for him not to have his business...at this point he said "Yes, the economy is good for me!"

The tribute to Gramma Judi went very well too. We had 21 people here...both the chili's I made and Angie's tortilla soup were big hits....just enough leftover for Angie and I tomorrow. Some played the new games I got but mostly we just all sat out in the patio and visited. It was a little too hot for shuffleboard until later in the day and by that time we were all full

Thanks again for all my birthday wishes.

Talked to several people at church today that are out or soon to be out of work I am afraid things will never be the same for a lot of folks. Thanks to God that we Christian are aware HE is with us always in all situations.

Angie picked up 2 more people for her yoga but lost 1 today. One lady has soccer practice for her daughter on Wed. Angie starts her church yoga on March 11th I think. She continues to teach teachers in her district on Mon. and works as a sub/teacher and the desk at the yoga studio during the week in the evenings.

Believe it or not we do still see each other! She is usually there at about the same time I am here so it works out for each of us...neither fighting over the computer Although she does have her own in her office...but in the evenings me and the mutts are down here in the family room...guess she misses us

Well back to the race...
Old 03-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

EZMoney,

I didn't know this thread existed. What a wonderful way to witness about our religious experiences, give a little glory, and support each other in our weight loss adventures! Lots of folks here are losing their jobs as well. It is very sad, but could turn into wonderful opportunities. Remember, if He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks!

Jenny
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Welcome JENNY ~ Come back and visit us often!

Gary
Old 03-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #5  
I am HIS Workmanship

S/C/G: 310/See Slider/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Going to be off program...

We've all got the flu around here.
No one wants to eat anything at all.
I drank my first coke today in ages...just because I thought it would make my tummy feel better. It did.
Seems like this thing lasts for a week.
UGH....

My little boy has dropped from 50 to 43 lbs. He had a tummy bug for a few days a week and a half ago, now this flu. Please say a prayer for him. I'm having a hard time getting him to eat anything. He's almost 9...very thin.

Donna
iwannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #6  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good evening and Happy March to everyone.

Glad to hear that you and the family enjoyed your birthday so much. Also, glad to hear the tribute went well. You and Angie must be some really good cooks, the chili and the soup sounds really good. Hope everyone here is having a wonderful and blessed day. Prayers as always for all.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #7  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Donna,
I must have been typing as you were posting. I just read your post and so sorry that your household is going thru this bug. Am praying for you and yours, as I type. Not to worry God will bring each of you through it all.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #8  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I use to go to church But don't anymore.
I do however believe in GOD.
I am asking for a prayer request for my husband /Me & my kids.
Can ya'll Just pray We all stay safe & that my husband is not away from us very long.(I went by ambulance a few months ago for a severe allergic reaction I had To medication for allergic reaction if that makes sense. anyways Once released from the hospital I had no way home...My Husband came to get me and got pulled over.He doesn't have a drivers License And Hasn't never had one due to in the past he had DUI's. Anyways He has totally straightened out now~Been sober for approx. a year.We are now buying a home and He has a great relationship with our 3 kids now also....
Anyways~Tommorrow (march 2nd) Is the day they will sentence him.
He has to do a minimum of 5 days or a maximum of 6 months.
Anyways~He had a lawyer and he signed a guilty plea for a deal of 5 days ~But the judge disagreed and said he was gonna do a heck of alot more time than that.
Anyways~My husband is of mixed races and I we live in a very racist town.
So they have beat him before when he has been in jail and so & so on.

Please pray for us~Especially him.

This is a very personal issue for me and I am a bit embarressed to tell ya'll but I know ya'll would be understanding.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

(i will post again tommorrow after he has court and let ya'll know what happens)
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Jenny
Glad you found us! CE is a great thread with wonderful Christian folk, great prayer warriors, and awesome "losers".

Glad you found us! I look forward to getting to know you better

Donna - prayers for health and strength and healing for your family are ascending!

Gary - glad the tribute went well, AND that there aren't a lot of leftovers

You are right of course. The main lesson in our Lenten study tonight was that we are to be rich toward God. One activity suggested was that we put sticky notes on everything in life that is temporary. Then put a different color sticky on everything that is eternal - which is of course all of the people in our lives.

Now - reflect on what you give your time, energy, resources to. I think that current economic times are a rude awakening for some - they are learning in a very painful way - what really matters.

My prayers continue for everyone that has lost a job, or had their hours cut. So many struggling for just the necessities of life right now!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #10  

Lori - prayers ascending for your family!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #11  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Lori - prayers ascending for your family!
Thank you.
(My hubby has came a long ways and We all love him like crazy So thanks so much)
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

DONNA ~Prayers for your family and especially your son as you battle this illness.

AGGIE ~ HA! My chili is very easy and basic (although I do make several kinds) the one I made yesterday had...

2 pounds hamburger ~ 2 cans of Ro-Tel Original tomatoes ~ 3 cans of Busch Chili beans ~ onion ~ Williams chili mix and some red pepper....that's it ....good thing I doubled the batch because it was all gone.

My moms has 2 pounds of hamburger ~ 2 cans of red kidney beans ~ 1/4 teaspoon aujus ~ 1/4 cup tomato soup ~ 64 oz. V-8 juice and a can of water.....not spicy and just basic stuff.

Angie's chicken tortilla soup is really easy too...just the basics.

SCOOTER ~ Great lesson!

LORI ~ Sounds like you have had a rough time of late. I will ask God for His will to be done in matters concerning your family. Please check back in.

Prayers for all ~ Gary
Old 03-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #13  

Lori - God will provide! Stay strong, and come here for comfort and support and prayers!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, all.
Well it has been a day of headache, rain and snow, eating too much, dh not feeling well, etc.
I'm so glad that it's almost over.
Tomorrow is a new day and I pray for strength to do better.
Gary-I love that prayer. THank you. Your chili sounds good. There are several in our church who have lost or will lose their jobs. My dh's over time was cut out-hoping it will pick up soon, I only work pt and doesn't look like I'll be getting any more hours any time soon.
Donna for some reason a coke will settle my tummy too. That's the only time I drink one adn then it's only a few sips. My ds has had the flu but not the stomach kind, his has been in his broncial area, he is still coughing adn he ran a good fever too. Praying ya'll get better soon.
{{{Lori}}} saying a prayer for you, your dh and this situation.

I need to rethink my way of losign weight. I've been hearing this week that it doesnt' matter what weight loss 'system' you are using as long as you stick to it. And exercise. I'm not doing good at either.

Well, g'nite to you all.
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

I may need to get my post from the other page and re-post here...

Lori - PRAYERS! I will be praying for you and him tonight and tomorrow. Let us know how it goes...

Donna - already said a prayer for ds...he will be healed and driving you bonkers soon!

I have to re-post...we got SNOW!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote