Old 01-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #16  

Height: 4'11"

Since I stopped stuffing my face, I'm having a lot of anxiety lately. I'm reluctant to stop and pray about it, even though I know God is the only solution. I guess it's just pride, maybe I don't want to humble myself. So I'm meditating on the verse that says "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee."

Haven't been reading the Bible, but I do listen to it as I walk on the treadmill.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #17  

Default Addiction is so strong....

I can so relate to the anxiety. I STILL have it after four yrs. The worst for me is the battle in my mind with restriction. I can't handle the uneasiness of feeling restricted in any form. I want absolute FREEDOM to eat whatever I want. I so NEED to stop sometimes when I think I want to reward or calm myself with a certain food and pray. God is so sted-fast and true..he can handle anything and everything we can't. Just doing it, is the key.

There is no food on the planet that can calm us like God's mercy and grace can.

Last edited by Skinny4baby; 01-14-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 191/186/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Being a good example for kids at church

This is a great group -- I am a children's pastor and for years I've been so overweight and out of shape. I've been too tired and winded to chase kids around and it's not comfortable to get on the floor with them and play. I recently had an epiphany that I am a horrible example for the kids I minister to. If I'm not willing to care for the body God gave me, how can I possible ask them to trust me and believe me when I tell them to do that very thing??!!

I just started to get healthy and lose weight and even started a blog. I wanted to make sure I was accountable to everyone for what I was doing because it's not all about me. Anyway, I've prayed hard for the Lord to help me through this and I'm delighted that this thread is here. I'll look to it for inspiration daily.

Blesings,
Monica
lose40by40.com
mhumpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #19  

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny4baby View Post
I can so relate to the anxiety. I STILL have it after four yrs. The worst for me is the battle in my mind with restriction. I can't handle the uneasiness of feeling restricted in any form. I want absolute FREEDOM to eat whatever I want. I so NEED to stop sometimes when I think I want to reward or calm myself with a certain food and pray. God is so sted-fast and true..he can handle anything and everything we can't. Just doing it, is the key.

There is no food on the planet that can calm us like God's mercy and grace can.
Yeah, it's hard to put God's will above my will when there's a cookie in front of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhumpal View Post
This is a great group -- I am a children's pastor and for years I've been so overweight and out of shape. I've been too tired and winded to chase kids around and it's not comfortable to get on the floor with them and play. I recently had an epiphany that I am a horrible example for the kids I minister to. If I'm not willing to care for the body God gave me, how can I possible ask them to trust me and believe me when I tell them to do that very thing??!!

I just started to get healthy and lose weight and even started a blog. I wanted to make sure I was accountable to everyone for what I was doing because it's not all about me. Anyway, I've prayed hard for the Lord to help me through this and I'm delighted that this thread is here. I'll look to it for inspiration daily.

Blesings,
Monica
lose40by40.com
Welcome! So glad you're here!

How's everyone else doing?
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #20  

Default Jan. 16th...RELEASE judgement and worry...

Forget the ridiculous idea that every moment in life must be grim and sober. It's about stepping into an ANXIETY-FREE world where we can feel the wind and laugh until we are hoarse. It's about freedom. And, bottom line....it's about GRACE.

Have you appropriated God's grace and FREEDOM? Give yourself permission instead of worrying about who might say what.

You, my brothers, were called to be FREE. GALATIANS 5:13

This hit home for me ladies...Why do we JUDGE ourselves so harsely. We forget that the same forgiveness and compassion we give to others, we also need to give ourselves. Yes..this is some hard times we are living in this present day..But there is still lots of things to be happy about..and so many things to be thankful for. Lately..I have been working on trying to stop judging the way I feel about things..when I second guess a certain decision or question myself..I say..Why Not? It is really ok IF I don't want to do a certain thing...or IF I don't like a certain thing. There is something to say for using our INNER guidance more and more as we get older..it's there for a reason...and we are better off it we learn to embrace it and not judge why we are lead to do or not do, or even sometimes just wanting something a certain way. It is a part of who makes us an individual.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote