Old 01-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #46  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

O2B - two great days in a row! We still have a lot of ice here from the last ice storm. Thankfully, we are expecting more snow tonight.

Crissy - thanks for the site - I will check it out! I'm always looking for new ideas and recipes

Bev - I think it IS a God's timing thing. God's timeline is often hard to understand, so hang in there and don't get discouraged! I'm sure God has wonderful things in your future - whatever that brings!

Nita Ann - congrats! You are doing GREAT on your plan! Ditch those cookies. Or freeze them (though, somehow the freezer doesn't slow me down much).

Gary Happy Anniversary! (oh, and beer is NOT a good anniversary OR birthday gift for Angie, get her something SHE wants)

Make sure you wish her a
from all of us

A good day here in northern MI! School went well, calmed down quite a bit today

I got in an hour on the wii fit before dinner and will probably play some wii games for another hour tonight with DH and DS2.

Prayers continue for everyone!

May you be blessed and feel God's grace washing over you today!

Laurie (aka Mama - missing riding my scooter this winter! I'm pining for spring already!)
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

O2B and Laurie - thank you for the encouragement! I know its timing...maybe its getting close and that's why I'm 'buggin'! A friend told me tonight that I have to change my 'self-worth' and begin respecting myself more. I teach that all the time, but I do struggle with 'worthiness'.

I just got my books for my 1st semester of grad school! I'm STOKED!

i love you guys!

bev aka rayne
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'5

Hey guys,
I was directed here earlier... and after reading what you guys have posted this month it may be the place for me. Today has been a day of changes... its not so much the new year.. as I am realizing how much I need change. I need to fix myself because I am not being everything God wants me to be. I want to lose a significant amount of weight. I am a college Junior, 20 living on campus, but in an apartment with a full kitchen. Any good and easy food ideas would be great.. I'm thinking that chicken stuff might be great and I might try it when I return in a week. We do have a full gym at school and I may need to turn myself into a morning person to make it work.. but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Well I think I have rambled enough for awhile...
Night
Eme
eme20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome, Eme and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #50  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~ Thanks for the anniversary wishes. I get mixed up...it is my 13th as I posted here but I also posted elsewhere that it was my 14th! I get confused sometimes because we have been together exactly 1 year MORE than we have been married!

Had a great dinner at a new pizza place!

Stuck to 2 beers SCOOTER!

Going out Saturday night with all the kids and dil/sil for Angie's birthday!

Prayers for all!

HI EME!

Be back tomorrow!

Might even get a haircut.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #51  

Hi Eme!

Welcome! This thread has so much love!!! Give me a couple of days and I will give you some good food ideas. I'm sure there are more here too!

What is it God is wanting you to be/do that you aren't? if you don't feel like responding here...that's fine, I can give you my email addy. Or if you don't want to say, that;s cool too. You know what He's saying to you and immediate obedience is the only way and wow! the blessings from being His!!! He's so full of grace and when we do what He says, He blesses so much. I just thought of Deut 28...

anyway, sorry for babbling. i just want to encourage you to be all He created you to be. I'm good at reminding other people of that. I just have a time remembering I'm worthy as well.

God's blessings,
bev aka rayne
Old 01-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'5

Rayne:
Thanks so much for the support. I just feel like God is calling me to be healthier than I am. I want to live a good long life.. and heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes... all run in my family. Truthfully I am tired of using my genes as an excuse not be thin... and I finally feel like I am ready to get thin... and stay that way.. I have tried it the wrong way.. but that was to please other people... This time... I want to please myself and God...
eme20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #53  
3D MOM

S/C/G: 245/233/145

Height: 5'2"

Eme- Welcome! I'm really new here myself but let me tell you these are some pretty terriffic people.

Nita Ann- I never really considered the sugar I eat and you've got me thinking about how much I use. I put it on oatmel, cereal, my coffee and tea.
I really don't like the substitutes. Is honey a good option?

Prayers for a GOOD DAY for everyone.
Crissy
3D MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #54  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Honey is natural, and I use it but in the Bible God warns not to eat to much of it or it will make you sick. It will throw you in shock knowing how much sugar we eat per day when you get to reading LABELS,yikes! If it says over 1 on the label I don't eat it. That is my way of controlling my sugar intake Rayne how do you control your intake?
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Eme - Welcome to this thread. We are here for you and will keep you in our prayers. Making changes in our lives are not easy, but the Bible says "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." Christ will give you the strength to make it this time. This is one time you have to be selfish and think of yourself. Do it for you because otherwise it won't work. I know, because I have been there too.

Bev - good luck with your Masters degree. What are you majoring in?

I went to a Christian college in the 80s. I did missionary work with the Sioux Indians in South Dakota for 8 years. My current mission field is working with foster children. I don't know if I shared this before, but if I did I'm sorry for repeating.

I have 3 boys right now who are brothers. We are seeking guardianship of them and hopefully that will go through soon. Once that is done we will no longer do foster care.

Today has been a great day for me. Nothing spectacular has happened it's just that I didn't have to work because of the ice storm and my kids being home from school. I was able to get some "extra" cleaning done like clean my closet and dresser, vacuum, and a few other things. That means there will be less work to do on the weekend and more FUN!!!!

I have only been doing WW for 2 weeks, but I already feel better physically and feel better about myself. It feels good to finally do this for me. Eating properly and exercising sure has made a difference.

Forgive me for blubbering!

I just thank the Lord for a great day! I hope you all had a good day too.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #56  

Eme - just to encourage you, God tells me that too! He wants us to be healthy! I've found that if you look in the previous generations and there are health problems, KNOW that they don't have to be yours! Jesus died so that we could be free of those curses! Claim the health as yours and do what you need to get that temple in shape! We are right along with you!

Nita Ann - I may not be a good example of controlling it. The main thing I am doing this week (as I come off the sugar) is NO food with sugar (ex: candies/cakes, etc) and no sodas. I've limited it before to looking at the gram count on foods and stayed under 10 on whatever it was. That may not be the best...but I could live with it.

Kathy - I am getting my Master's in Marriage and Family Therapy! It is something I've always had a passion for (my parents divo when I was 11) and now it goes along perfectly with what I do!
You did mention the Sioux! I think that is so cool! I'd love to talk with you more about that sometime!!! Really awesome! And the foster children thing is incredible too! one day...

It's getting COLD here! It was still in the high 60's yesterday, then the RAIN and i mean RAINS came and I woke up today to the memory of a night mare and bright skies, but WINDY AND COLD! Of course, cold in GA is anything below 60!

I hope you all are having a great day and listening to His voice as you seek Him in prayer and throughout the day. He loves you all SO much more than you can imagine!!!

peace,
bev aka rayne
Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #57  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow! Hello, everyone and especially all the newbies! Just look what happens when you don't have time to post I've had a minute here and there to look in and try to keep up with everyone, but just haven't had a minute to myself in what seems like forever. DH has 12 more days at home and then he goes back to work on light duty. One way or another, he really needs to go back to work, if you all know what I mean

Gary- Happy B-day to Angie and on your anniversary!

Eme- You'll find lots of helpful people here!

Kathy- my DS2 has been to the Pine Ridge Reservation on a mission trip with his high school youth group. They were so loved and appreciated that they've been asked to come back this summer. He's really looking forward to it, even though the place they stayed last time had no running water for most of the weeks they were there

I don't mean to omit the rest of you, but running out of time. Know that you are ALL in my prayers. Take care and have a great rest of the week!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #58  
Closed

Rayne, you are doing wonderful, you have a plan on how you wish to control your sugar intake. Thats the way it should be, it does not have to be like someone else's, keep up the great work! We all have our differnet ways in how we want to control our sugar that we are comfortable doing ,if not, we would land slide or should I say, sugar slide.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #59  

Nita Ann, you are so sweet and genuine! i just want to hug you!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #60  
Closed

I went to town today and got some healthy groceries and a Leslie walking tape to walk to indoors. It sure was busy at Walmart. How was y'alls day?