Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Ronni, my internist referred me to a neurologist because my chin was numb, she was the one who ordered a bone scan which showed the cancer, needless to say I have a lot of respect for neurologists.
I had my interview and aced it, however I thought I sounded like a babbling idiot. I reminded them that I have health issues and the pastor said "We are going to hold you to a three year commitment". You see why I love my pastor, so positive no room for negativity. I still need approval from the congregation which I am assured will happen, then I must be ordained and will go to an elders/deacons retreat and should be ready to go. I am scared out of my mind but feel this is the right decision.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

3DMom - I'm sorry that you are feeling so low. I will keep you in my prayers. Just remember, even when you don't feel like God isn't there He is. Also, your friends are here for you too and you can vent anytime you want. That's what friends are for.

Kelli - Welcome! This is a great place to come for encouragment and friendship. This is what helps to keep me focused.

Laurie - Thank you for your continued prayers for Donald. He is a great kid.

Ronni - I trust you are doing well today. We will keep you in our prayers as you seek the right doctor to go to concerning your MS. Your sister is a big help since she is going through the same thing. You can be a support to one another. Our dog is doing better today. He is more himself.

I must run. Have a great night and a happy Wednesday

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #153  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ had a great day; ate well; we spent a good part listening to the inauguration ceremonies today for your new president, BARAK OBAMA. We really enjoyed his speech. What an amazing day this was for so many Americans. The whole world was watching and we are very happy for this momentous day in US history.

KELLI ~ that's what's great about the internet, we can connect with others no matter where we are.

Not much else going on here; sunny day with milder temps in the -teens C. Hey, we'll take that. Just relaxing tonight and letting my long hair dry while I read and post. ^^PRAYERS^^ going up for all your concerns ...

Have a great night ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #154  

Default Coolest site ever

Wow I didn't really expect anyone to acknowledge me. How refreshing to be on a site where you can tell people care and are true. I hope I get to know you all really well. 3D mom, remember your body is the least permanent thing about you... that is why the world puts such a high price on it. It is your soul is where your real beauty lies. Don't be a bully to yourself... you have to take yourself everywhere you go, and just like it wouldn't be helpful to put down your children or your husband it isn't helpful to put your self down. You are your own best encourager. Oops sorry I do go on, but I know how you feel I have been there.

Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:54 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Kelli - You are funny...I see you are also an encourager. We LOVE that around here!

Ronni - already prayed and broke generational curses. You are healed in Jesus name! AMEN!

I don't remember who's dog got cut...but that is horrible. I hope he is feeling better!

Thanks for all the comments about my brother, myself and mom. I saw him tonight. He cried before I left. heartbreaking. I want him out before he has to go to probation on Feb 3 for his other thing, but I don't know what GOD wants. I don't want to move out of His will. Please pray I do the right thing. Mom is stressed over money and I know she is hurting too.

I got some help from my math friend...but i'm still freaked.

well, i was not on for a few days, so forgive me for having a hard time saying something about each person. BUT I love you all and am thankful for you!

I am going to bed. I leave for Texas THursday am...I am still working on getting a rental car in Dallas when I get there. I could use your prayers on that! Then I drive to Austin for a couple of days and then Denton for a worship service...VERY excited!

Bev
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:14 AM   #156  

I just had to write again now that i have a TICKER!!!! whohoo!!! and a signature line!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Rayne; 01-21-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #157  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Kelli- Glad to have you here and hope we can be encouraging to you!

Crissy-don't beat yourself up over having a bad day or 2 or ...... If I did that, I'd be black and blue all over all the time! I've learned that the most important thing is to climb back up on that wagon and remember my commitment to myself and to God to get healthier. We're with you

Bev-thanks for the prayers. Enjoy your trip to TX-never been there, but my sis lived near Dallas for a few years and really liked it down there. Anyplace warm sounds nice right now! Prayers for travel mercies and for your bro, as well. Oh, and nice ticker!

Bargoo-Thanks! You know your pastor may want you as an elder BECAUSE of your health conditions. It's amazing how few church leaders understand their members' health issues and can be supportive. There are so many who believe it's all sin and if we were just "better Christians" we wouldn't be ill or fat or whatever. He probably sees your empathy for others and sees the need for your ministry in the church.

Rosebud-Yeah, the inauguration was interesting. We used it as part of our schooling for the DS's - you know, kind of history-in-action. Hope you're enjoying some more warmer weather. We have some warmer stuff today and tomorrow, but the weekend is going to be very cold again-DH is not happy. His weekend off will be cold again! Spring can't come soon enough for me

Not too much going on here today till youth group time anyway. I was able to talk to the neuro dept at Mayo yesterday and they are able to take me on. Seems the LP is kind of old-school and I may not need it after all(is it bad to keep my fingers crossed?). DIL was still having some pain yesterday, but just refuses to go to the clinic, so we're just praying it really is nothing serious.

Hi to everyone else and hope you all have a wonderful day! to everyone!

Last edited by ronni62; 01-21-2009 at 08:23 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #158  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We woke up to nice low temps (for us) today; only -4C ... yeah! So we went uptown shopping and picked up some good bargains including a belated Christmas gift that I had wanted: a new stool to sit on while I use my PC. This one is shorter and so comfortable: doesn't cut off the circulation in my legs while I'm sitting here typing.

RONNI ~ don't like the idea that your DIL still has some abdomenal pain; that could be a tubal pregnancy or appendix or anything. If that persists, I think that she should go to her regular physician and maybe make a bit of a fuss about it. You know the way doctors are: the one who makes the most noise, gets the attention.

Thanks for your comments about how other Christians are always bashing others and themselves over "sin" issues for weight and illness; can't tell you how much that irks me. These things are part of the human condition (and maybe started with the fall) but we are forgiven by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ (at Calvary). This week's sermon talked about how we are all considered "righteous" in GOD's eyes, becuz Jesus Christ paid the penalty for all our 'sins' for us. WOW, isn't that amazing? I have always believed this and was so glad to hear a minister preach about it. I have been criticized and bashed and put down my whole life, and I am positive that is why I overeat.

I started watching myself to see when and why I munch (as that is my issue). Whenever I would feel hurt or insecure becuz of someone's rude remarks, I would invariably find myself reaching for food to console myself. So I have been praying about this, now that I have pinned it down. To me, putting yourself down is just as damaging; self-ridicule can lead to the same problem. Self-criticism is an extension of feeling UNWORTHY; and not accepted enuff to be liked and/or loved as we should be. But we must counteract that negativity with this one immutable fact ... GOD LOVES US! And he's the one who matters the most, right? Oops, sorry for rambling, but it was kind of a revelation for me this past year.

BEV ~ prayers for your brother and mother are continuing; prayers for you for travel angels for a safe and fun trip to Texas. And hey, don't forget to take some rain down there with you as I know NITA ANN would sure appreciate it, as would all the animals.

KELLI ~ hope to get to know you too; tell us something about yourself and your life.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ hope you all are having a great day! ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ are ascending for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-21-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #159  

Ronni- You Bet!!! Prayers continue!!!! and thanks! i like it too.

Rosebud - thank you....maybe the rain will follow me...but not start til I LEAVE!

UPDATE - my brother goes to court tomorrow for this second offense, at 130 EST. I won't be here and mom can't go due to work. She's acting ticked off at me because I won't be here. She tends to get like that with me. oh well. lived with it this long.

PLEASE be praying for him, for favor, hope, peace, comfort, GOD'S plan to be reality regardless of any other person or spirit! In Jesus name!

I'm concerned and a little disconcerted that I won't be there, but I know the way everything has worked out with me going to TX...that I am doing the right thing.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #160  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Bev - prayers going up for your brother's court appearance tomorrow! May God's grace shine through!! And - love that ticker

Rosebud - why, oh why did women as smart as we are take so long to admit that we need to go to God for comfort instead of food? But, alas - this old dog (me) did learn this new trick

Ronni - prayers continuing for you and for your DIL. Keep us posted on what the doctor says. Glad Mayo can take you on - that is good news indeed!

Kelli - yes, indeed - this is a true and wonderful group of Christian folk around here - they are a blessing from God, indeed! So glad you are continuing to come back and post! We just LOVE it when we get new folk that stick around!!!!

Hi to Kathy, and bargoo, and everyone else. Gary - we are missing you! Hope your week is going well and that you are staying ON PLAN!

Good day here in northern MI. Continuing to like "My Fitness Coach" on the wii. The routines vary each time, just like a real personal trainer. And - the new and varied routines are just what I need to get this upper body ready for summer

Prayers continuing for everyone. Blessings!

Laurie (aka )
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #161  

Default About myself

Well one thing I can tell you about me is I wish I would have found you guys along time ago... this is so wonderful, don't you love it, that you can find family no matter where you go! I am 51 years old and have been married for 21, almost 22 years. I have two beautiful daughters.

I have been overweight since I got married, and was mortified about it for many years, but now I am so grateful for my weight. It got me to seek God for answers, and I have found so many. One of the most precious things Jesus taught me was that I was being such a bully to myself. So not only was the world beating me up, but I was even being more rude and hateful to myself than they were. I would have had my children taken away from me if I talked to them the way I used to talk to myself... Now instead of calling myself stupid or fat I call myself sweetie Like I said before, God has also showed me that my outside is a tent, that houses the most beautiful part of me, my spirit. Wow I do go on.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #162  

Default I have a question

I know I was the last to post, but I have a question that just occurred to me, say we all get down to our goal weight, then what happens??? My weight and what I eat has been on the forefront of my mind for so long, what will I think about... Will I still have the same obsession about my weight??? Oh gees I hope I don't bum anyone out. is there anyone out there who has hit your goal, and can you tell me what happens when you do???
Old 01-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You might want to check the maintainers forum. You will see what the losers do to maintain weight loss.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #164  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello and Good Morning! Feels like I've finally lost all the extra water weight from my little pity party on Monday because the number on the scale was back down this am and I don't feel so yucky! DIL is feeling a little better, but we're going up there today to take them some stuff and check her out! Got a little scared last night when I found out that a boy from our church is hospitalized with peritonitis from a burst appendix that the doctor missed for almost a week! They've had to remove large amounts of infection and now may have to do a skin graft on his abdomen as the infection has started eating away the skin. He's one sick little guy. Name's Ryan if you all want to lift him and his family up in prayer. So, we're going to go check out DIL to make sure she understands this is nothing to blow off if she's still having any pain at all. I'm trying to be one of those loving yet forceful MILs-don't want any of my little nest of chickies to get hurt (my DIL's mother committed suicide when she was young, so I feel kind of protective, since my mom has attempted the same several times)

Rosebud and Kelli-The things that negative self-talk can do to us-not to mention what others say, as well! I still struggle with this, but trying to break the habit also, so I know very well what you both are talking about.

Laurie-I asked the boys about getting a wii the other day, but then they told me how much it costs, so I'm going to start saving, unless the PS3 comes out with something similar that works on their machine. When I asked the DSs if I could get the dance revolution game for their system, they both just cringed-they don't seem to think that mom can do a video game of any kindbut, of course, they may be right!

Bev-prayers sent for today's court and for God's will to be done.

Well, I'd better get going. HI to Gary, Nita Ann, Kathy, Bargoo, Crissy, and everyone else! Have a really good day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #165  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone. Im Back from my mini-vacation. I had so much fun! I can honestly say that was probably the BEST experience of my life! It was just so much fun to get away from the stress in life and have fun with my closest friends. My boyfriend didnt get to go but i still had an amazing time. My first roadtrip as an adult and it i dont think anything could top it. I have never laughed so hard or so much in my life just having fun and being silly. On the way home we stopped at all the little mom and pop shops that we could find. We found a cute little candy shop and a few antique stores. We bought something at each place so we could keep those memories. And we stopped at this place called the Flamingo diner that had the BEST food! Yumm

As far as the inoguration went it was COLD!!!! Umm -3F when we left. But we were bundeled up and i brought lots of hand and toe warmers so those helped. We got to hear Aretha Franklin sing and that was amazing. There was a pastor from California that spoke and if you havent heard it yet i really suggest listening to it. I taped it so sometime this week i will have a video up. It was so inspirational and it actaully made me believe that things will start to improve.

Traffic was not even close to as bad as everyone was saying. BUT the metro was horrible. There were so many people packed in that honestly i felt like i was on a train in the Holocaust. I mean you could barely breathe. On the metro we were on someone got sick. Not really sure what kind of sickness but they made us get off. About 3 minutes later after everyone was walking up the stairs and trying to get a taxi they announced it was boarding. It was a free for all. One of my friends jumped off the escalator to the floor so we could make it. I mean it was like a stampede. I have NEVER in my life seen anything like that. Never have i seen so many people run like their life depended on it. We met so many awesome people there. It was just like you knew all of these people your whole lives.

There was one bad part of this whole thing. There were some protestors. I figured there might be a few. I mean if you didnt vote for him thats cool but there was a group of men making a HUGE scene about Obama. When i get a chance i will upload the pictures. They were saying that we were all going to **** and that we were all evil and that no one that voted for Obama or supported him could be a follower of God. Honestly i just prayed for those men because i know who i am but really who are they to tell me what my relationship with God or Jesus Christ is? IMO they were the ones not being a good example of a Christian. They were protesting right by a big group of Girl Scouts and these GROWN MEN were telling us that the girl scouts are corrupt and evil and sinners! The girl scouts! I mean what could those poor little girls have done? I started to let the anger get to me that someone who calls them self a Christian could act like that but then i realized that anger will not solve anything so i prayed instead.

I hope everyones week was as amazing as mine was.

Prayers going up to everyone and thank you to everyone that prayed for a safe trip. Happy Thursday!

Last edited by CandyKisses0204; 01-22-2009 at 12:55 PM.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote