Old 01-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone!

Trust you are all doing well and have had a good day. There is not much to report here today. We had one combined service (We have 2 morning services.) at church today because of the bad roads. Came home and had fend for yourself for lunch and then took a nap.

I only make one big meal a day and it's usually at lunch time, but my DS had to be at the school to help with the elementary wrestling so I waited to make it for 4:30. I like to have my biggest meal early, but I also like having everyone eat dinner together. I made 2 roast chickens so I had enough left over to make homemade chicken noodle (wheat noodles) for tomorrow nights dinner.

Have a great week everyone.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #92  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

UPDATE ON ALAN (sister's FIL) ~ THANK YOU ALL so much for praying for my sister's FIL and his family; as you know, he was very ill but he still lived a full and long life into his late 80's: Alan very peacefully passed on January 3, 2009. The family is comforted in knowing that he will not be suffering anymore, and that he is in heaven now with our Lord. We are sending up prayers for his wife, Lucille, and all their family. I know that they appreciated all the prayers you sent for Alan and on their family's behalf.

ISAIAHSHOPE ~ May the Lord comfort you with His Peace that passes understanding over the next while; losing a parent and a grandchild is very difficult for anyone. Come back often, as the people here are very supportive; and you are in our prayers ...

BEV ~ prayers sent up for your spiritual mentor friend and his family at this time. Thank you for your kind words; and I love that prayer for water for the state of Texas.

NITA ANN ~ We would love to send you all down some of our snow as we already have had enuff precip for this winter: yah, from my lips to GOD's ears; and I know He's listening.

LAURIE ~ that's the best way to look at it; you can turn off the noise. I actually have a set of ear plugs in my desk drawer that I use when DH has his movies on too loud; sometimes I think he thinks he's in a movie theatre.

HI KATHY ~ yummy, I just love roasted chicken on Sundays; but tonight we decided to have something different: Shepherd's Pie (one of DH's faves), but we will be having the chicken next week (one of my fave's).

HEY RONNI ~ maybe your church could start a bell choir; something to think about ... I agree, they are so beautiful!

HI BARGOO ~ your encouragement is so appreciated here; GOD BLESS YOU!

HI TO ALL OUR MIA's that are busy this weekend like GARY, SUE, WILMA, COURTNEY, SHY, KAREN, and any others I may have missed. Take good care and know that you all are in my prayers ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-11-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #93  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

It's so nice to see a faithbased community here!

I'm a youth group leader at my church, and having help in my weight loss journey from fellow Christians is just...DIVINE! I'm so glad I was introduced to this thread!

I will definitely be updating here and checking in on all of you!

May God bless you! <3
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Rosebud - you are too precious. and thank you for the prayers for my spiritual dad. glad you liked the prayer!

Ronni - they don't know anything, as far as i know. he sounded so beaten, just exhausted. i hate for him to sound that way. he is the most upbeat, together, GODLY man i have ever met. I thank you ALL for the prayers for him and his family.

Nita Ann - the rain will come.

redreine - WELCOME! you'll love it here

I'm stuffed. i am letting myself go nuts on the weekend. i can already see that i don't want as much junk when i allow myself. so, it seems to be working!
School starts in the am for me. I'm a little anxious. I tried getting on line and checking stuff, but the school's page is having issues tonight. I hope that clears up before tomorrow!!!!!

I have my roomates (aka my un-biological sister) kid til wednesday. She works at a domestic violence shelter (the one i preach at) and they are going (the FT staff) on a little retreat. she never goes anywhere...so i told her to leave the kid with me. he's 5. i need to prayers! he's good, i'm just 39 and have no children... lol. crazy.

I hope you all have a blessed day tomorrow!!!! Prayers ascending for all.

Bev aka rayne
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #95  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Bev - praying for your spiritual dad! And for you - a 5 year old - they can be quite "busy". You will do fine. Just relax and be attentive. They love to be the center of attention at that age.

Ronni - looks like that blizzard is headed our way for Tuesday! Stay warm and safe!

Kathy - homemade wheat noodle soup sounds delightful! I think I need to make soup this week. Shoudl go well with the cold weather we are expecting!

Rosebud - prayers ascending for Lucille, and family!

redreine - welcome: glad you found us over here I would love to hear more about your youth pastor work! Do you have any prayer needs? I look forward to getting to know you

Blessings to all! Have a GREAT Monday!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #96  

Thanks Laurie! He's very polite and generally good. He will be at school during the day, so...my problem is GETTING up at 7. I don't go to bed til around 3 or later...I have to work on that the next few days. But at least I won't have any excuses for not making the 930 classes at the gym!

I have everyday this week already plotted out with which classes I am taking at the gym...I'm STOKED! power, yoga, some dance class and kick boxing. i got a measuring tape so i can get that accomplished as well. I need to know where I am now so i can SEE the difference soon!

MY statistics class starts officially in the am. I've already logged on and completed the discussion question and introduced myself. I feel like i am reading greek in this book! It's only 8 weeks and then its over. I AM DETERMINED to get an A! So, I need prayers, cause i'm trippin already! :P

Love to you all!!!!

bev aka rayne
Old 01-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #97  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

It is hard to go through death and loosing two, then someone breaking into his Mothers home, ya know God knows who they are and he can do what we can't do. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

I will be praying for your Spiritual Dad Rayne, its hard to get over a death. My sister has been gone for 3 years now, my Dad for 20 and my Mother 35 and I still miss them so much. My sister and I had the same Birthdays but she was 15 years older than me.

Yep, I'm one more day closer to that pour down in Texas! Sure will be glad when it gets here or that snow . Thank You for the prayer Rayne.

Welcome Redreine ! Glad your here!

Kathy just had wheat noodles in Chicken soup today, very good.
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #98  

You are welcome Nita Ann! And thank you for the prayers. He really needs and wants them!

By the way, my brother is doing good with no smoking or drinking. He still needs a job! Thank you all for your prayers...I can tell a difference!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 262/257/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redreine View Post
It's so nice to see a faithbased community here!

I'm a youth group leader at my church, and having help in my weight loss journey from fellow Christians is just...DIVINE! I'm so glad I was introduced to this thread!

I will definitely be updating here and checking in on all of you!

May God bless you! <3
Hi everyone!

My name is Heather and just like redreine, I'm also a student minister at my church! I've been on 3FC for a few months but never stumbled into the forums.. the blogging is good, but I'm sure I need the support of a group of great ladies, all in love with the Lord!

I put my introduction in the, well, introductions forum, and someone invited me here. Thank you. I'm turning 27 in a few weeks, and am at an all time high with my weight and all time low with my health. I look forward to hearing God through you all and hope to help you too!
heatherphil413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to all the new folk. I really enjoy the thread. I feel like it is the support of my online friends that has helped me to stay focused and keep on track.

I made the homemade chicken noodle soup tonight. It tasted good and my family enjoyed it. I love having soup when it is cold out. By the end of the week the high is to be 13 degrees. Brrrrr. I can't remember it being that cold since I lived in the Dakotas.

I would appreciate your prayers this week. We have a consultant coming in on Thursday and Friday to go over our yearly budget. That means there are a lot of financial things to get ready and also at least one of those days I will be meeting with the consultant and my boss to do budget work. It make for a long day, but it is worth all the effort.

Have a great week and keep encouraged in Jesus.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #101  

Hi all - a quick fly-by tonight. Meetings went long at church tonight so I don't have much time online.
Prayers continuing for everyone! I hope you had a blessed Monday!

Laurie
Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #102  

I did the power class today and tried to do the 'groove' aka dance class. I couldn't hang and most everyone there were older than me. I felt pathetic! Oh well. not my thing. I'm just wondering if doing the power class 3 times a week and adding in the yoga and kickboxing 3 times will get me where I want to go????
I don't want to be discouraged...and I'm not. Just wondering. Any thoughts?

The statistics class is greek...really. yikes!

God is in control and my life is His. I am second, He is first!

Bev aka rayne
Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #103  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ Had a good day; went shopping and got some walking in. Decided to have that roasted chicken today and it was great; leftovers will make a nice thick soup for tomorrow.

BEV ~ I think three classes of yoga, power, and kickboxing will be lots of exercise plus walking and living. Did you say that in your marriage and counselling class you have to take a statistics class that is GREEK as in the language? Or do you mean ... greek to you, as in you don't understand it. Hope you can get that straightened out soon; as I know I wouldn't be able to do a class in Russian, if I didn't know that language ...

to REDREINE and HEATHER ~ this is a nice group of folks, and you will like it here. Best wishes to you both in your schooling.

THANKS FOR ALL THE PRAYERS for Lucille and her family; very appreciated. BLESSINGS TO ALL ... hope you have a great week. YFE ROSEBUD

^^PRAYERS^^ going up for KATHY's work, BEV's brother and spiritual mentor friend; and for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-12-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #104  

rosebud - its english...just greek to me. i read it and it was like i couldn't even comprehend the words. yes, its for my MA degree. its an undergrad class that i never had to take before, but its necessary with this degreee. ick
Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #105  

Bev - stats can be tough! I think it is one of those classes you either get or you don't. Personally, I love it - but, I am a math geek.

I think you will be fine with the exercise plan you listed. It is really, really important to enjoy what you are doing - if you don't you won't stick with it.

I found that my plan evolves over time - when I get tired of one thing, I substitute another - variety is the key for me - I bore easily and I abhor working out and being bored. So - stick with this plan until you want/need to mix it up more. The key is doing SOMETHING - ideally - some cardio and some strength/balance consistently.

Rosebud - glad you got some walking in - a challenge when the weather is like it is! I wish we had a mall here for some indoor walking. The school is available, but since I work there - it isn't a great place to walk. Teachers see me and want to ask me questions - which slows me considerably

Hope you are all having a great day!
Prayers continuing for all!