Old 10-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #121  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~

Just hanging out here at the computer waiting for Angie to get home from one of her last yoga observation classes for her training.

Have chili Colorado cooking on the stove with black beans and rice too...all I have to do when she gets home is warm up the tortillas

Went to the dentist today for a cleaning...all is good but there is a tooth he has been wanting to "re-build" for a while...now is the time.

Got my truck washed today, was going to wax it tomorrow but it looks like I have to work a short day so we shall see.

SCOOTER ~ I am so glad my votes have been in for a couple of weeks...I am a permanent absentee voter! I do have jobs coming up...enjoying the time off..collecting some of the overtime I held back, so I am OK...for now...thanks.

RAY of Sunshine ~ Hello

RONNI ~ Great news on the football! Any day for a play-off game is a good day Sure does stink about that accident! Prayers it comes together in your favor real soon

GINNY ~ That dinner was good and easy..A KEEPER!...Hope the cut-backs are not too hard on your position...a boat we all seem to be in pretty muchin one way or another right now.

Have to check the stove....have a great Wednesday
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #122  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNI ~ prayers going up that GOD will give you peace this week and that your son's health will improve and the doctors will get to the bottom of the cause of his pain. Also that your insurance company will get to it and resolve your claim ASAP.

SUNSHINE ~ prayers for you also that GOD can help you and your family soon too.

COUNTING ~ glad you had a fun safe trip; nice to have you back. Now you have to rest up from your vacation.

GARY ~ sorry to hear about TUBBY, but glad that you are having a respite at home with Angela and your family. You all have a very busy schedule too. Prayers work picks up for you as well.

GINNY ~ sorry some folks are losing there jobs there and we'll pray that you won't lose too many hours. We have two major employers closed down right now, but they are slowly calling people back to work for part-time work next week. The economy seems to ebb and flow in different sectors at different times.

We stayed home to do packing today; we got well over a dozen boxes done today alone. The place is starting to look bare; we boxed up all the wall pictures today; only the clocks and calendars left up ~ lol! Tonight, am takeing it easy answering emails and letters and catching up on here too.

We had a nice chicken dinner tonight; one of my faves. Hope all our other friends here are having a great week. Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ are ascending for you and yours: esp for those of you who have health issues presently; and those who are going through tough times right now too ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #123  
burned out bus driver

Laurie- glad you made it home ok and safely. Congrats on losing while away!!!! Guess you made some good food choices and were plenty busy to burn off your consumption. I am so happy for you!

Ronni- prayers that the deposition will go well for you. To me it sounds as though the insurance co hopes you will simply lose your resolve and go away.
What a sad situation......Prayers that your attitude stays good throughout.

Rayofsunshine- how did your day go?

Gary???? Seems strange not to have heard from you! Hope you are fine and just busy.

This week is doctor visits....today the dentist, tomorrow for bloodwork (routine stuff) and a flu shot. And I am so tired from the meeting of last night. We had snow today! And it is still October!!!!!! Seemed wierd so early.

Better go work on some homework. Hi to anyone I missed G'nite!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #124  
livin life

S/C/G: 153/149/125

Height: 5"4

AHHH... sorry but I had a great day I spent it at home I read my bible and prayed and it was a good day... then I am sitting here with my husband on the couch and a phone call saying a "big situation" is going on. Someone in my family got married about a year ago and its just been one thing after another, finally the spouse just filed papers last week for a divorce and its getting ugly.. anyone been through this before its a little overwhelming how ugly people can get! So thats my update hopefully i will have a miracle to report one of these days oh please just pray for us it just takes a lot to go through things when youre the one being wronged...
ray of sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #125  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

I had a 1/2 day at work today....good to make a little $$$ but I am starting to get used to still being in bed at 4am ...and that was after only 2 days

I did take the dogs for a 3 miler then 2 more on the treadmill when I got home. Got a little nap in and just catching up here. Angie and I are going to MiMi's Cafe tonight for dinner. We have a free dinner coming from a survey I did for them awhile back and I have a $10 gift card I bought from the kids at church so I should sneak out pretty cheap

RAY ~ I am divorced....almost 20 years now...wow...anyway it was more sad at the time than ugly...it could have been but I refused to allow that to happen ( I was the one who was wronged)...I kept going to God and He worked that one through me 'cause if I did what I "felt" it would have been nasty! Prayers for you!

GINNY ~ HA! You posted when I did...I was here too! My life is not very exciting so I need all day and then some to have "something" of substance to post

ROSEBUD ~ I bet the house does look way different! I can't imagine seeing bare walls here after so many years. I have pictures from when our home was being built and of course over the years. So cool to see all the changes in the yard and inside. Enjoy the transition and memories as you pack

Looks like I may be scaring folks away pretty lonely around here ....BOO!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #126  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - hope you had a GREAT day! Gary - we LOVE having you back here every day - we really missed you while you were working away. Congrats on getting in your exercise AND working today. And - I agree - I could totally get used to sleeping in every morning. But, my day goes a lot better when I get up early, do my devotions, prayers and Bible study, exercise and then flow into the day's activities.

Sunshine - prayers continuing for you and your family. Gary is right - God can give you peace and guidance through this difficult time.

Ginny - good for you, getting all the medical stuff done this week. I put off going to the GP for way too long. Taking care of our "temples" is a wonderful way to honor our Creator.

Rosebud - I can't imagine packing up our house after living here for 19 years. It must be bittersweet to be moving. But, it will be a new chapter for you and DH and Niko - and I'm confident that you are going where God wants you to be

Hello to everyone else - Prayers are continuing for all!

Blessings!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #127  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ well, the temps are pretty cool tonight with a north wind that is actually 'howling' out there; kinda scared NIKO, so he didn't want to stay outside to play tonight ... LOL! We had a few sprinklings of the ***white stuff *** today, but that won't likely stay too long.

We spent the day packing more boxes; and we hope to have everything packed up or bagged up or whatnot before we move next week. DH has the outside stuff pretty well done now, despite the early cold weather. Our place is getting pretty full of boxes now, but we ran out, so we have to go get some more tomorrow.

GARY ~ I don't think that you are scaring anyone away at all; I think that everyone is just busy right now. We haven't heard from a few of our regulars for awhile, like Aunt Sue, Shy, Karen, Lori, Trish, and so on. We all hope they are well, and maybe they will drop by again soon when they aren't too busy. I think Thanksgiving (USA) and Christmas are just around the corner, so people are even busier than other times of the year.

SUNSHINE ~ we are definitely praying for you and your family. I was reminded in one of my devotionals today that 'There is no problem that is bigger than GOD!' Sometimes, we think our problem is like a mountain, but really to GOD, our problem is more like a molehill, in comparison to His Great and Awesome Power.

Even when we feel our faith is a tad weak; we need to remember that GOD IS EVER FAITHFUL! He knows our need even before it happens, so He also knows how and when to solve it. Just ask GOD for His wisdom and patience; then do your best and let GOD do the rest!

I reminded a lady the other night of these verses in 2 Corinthians 4:8,9 (and the rest of Chapter 4) ... 'We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed but not in despair; Persecuted but not foresaken; cast down, but not destroyed.' We still have faith: we are not defeated, so we keep going, no matter what happens; and we will all reap the rewards of a renewed spirit (vs.16), one that is stronger than ever before.

COUNTING ~ we are actually quite excited about this move, esp now that we know where we are going ... LOL! The only downside in the beginning was the unexpected push, without much notice; DH was a bit angry at first, but I reminded him how we had talked about making a move like this many times, just later on, that's all. There are many advantages to this new place, esp its location which is right in town, so we'll save lots on gas. We are quite close to our new recreation center and some of our friends as well. Overall, I think the move will be very positive for us.

GINNY ~ yes, it does seem weird to have snow in October, but so far it has been light and won't stay. You are in New York, a northern state, so they do get some cold temps too. Maybe it will disappear soon like ours does. Our snow doesn't stay until the first or second week of November usually and we are quite far north (way up by the Hudson Bay).

We had a nice dinner of homemade spagetti and meatballs with sauce, plus a romaine salad too; one of DH's favorite, and I'm getting quite good at measuring that pasta now. Well, it's time to go put my feet up and do a puzzle or two.

Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-29-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #128  
livin life

Hey everybody! Thanks for all the prayers right now... I do have so much peace compared to how I have handled other situations, OHH I guess Im growing I love that part of faith we get to grow! Im so thankful, when we go through difficulties we have so many ways we can handle things. Theres just something so beautiful when we walk in Gods grace I am seeing the value of not stirring up other peoples emotions during this time but remaining calm knowing that God is the judge and he will handle this situation We can walk in freedom when we live that way. I still believe something really good is going to come out of all this pain Rosebud- Thanks for the reminder... I just started to read 2 cornth about 3 days ago I knew there was a reason, I have a feeling I am going to get a lot out of it during this time! Gary-Love hearing about your walks it makes me want to kick it up a notch Ecmom- Good for you and all your appts.. while the rest of us put it off another few months I hope everything went well! Counting- Thanks for the prayers!!!!! I am starting to believe prayer makes all the difference Everyone else God bless dont forget to turn your clocks back this sat night
Old 10-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #129  
livin life

PS .... Hey Ronnie hope all is well with you
Old 10-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello! Just another Christian gal on a faith journey and wanting to shed about 15 more pounds. Encouragement is so vital to everyone. Looking forward to chatting...
IN HIM,
Cindi
McSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #131  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Cindi -

We LOVE new folk around here. I look forward to getting to know you

Sunshine - I'm so proud of you. Some people SAY they step out in faith and trust, but you are setting a shining example for everyone around you. I'm betting that you are sewing seeds in people that you don't even realize you are touching.

Rosebud - I can feel the excitement mounting in your posts. I actually feel a surge just reading them. Since I don't plan on moving any time soon, I am enjoying reading of your adventure. Congrats on getting the pasta thing down. Pasta was one food that I ALWAYS over ate before I started this journey. And we usually have pasta a couple times a week

A good day here in MI. The sun came out and I feel like I am getting back in the groove at work! I had a thin colleague ask me about my workout routine because she was impressed by my results - made my day. She is one of those folk that I always admired and wished I could be like in my former "fat" life.

Hope you all had a blessed day! Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #132  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
Cindi-welcome! This board is great for prayer support and encouragement.
I am glad you are here!

Gary- well, some days I do not have much to report either! Naw, you are not scaring me away. I just get really busy at times!

Laurie- how did your day go? Bet that feels good being a thinny person's workout inspiration!

Rosebud- this new house sounds like such an answer to prayer for you and your husband! Are you are in the new house yet?

Rayofsunshine- not reacting is an art- and a gift from Him. I know, we all hvae days that we react emotionally- ah but to have that peace, the peace that passes all understanding- the knowledge and faith that He will take care of the situation, what a wonderful thing.

Another long day comes to an end. Saturday we are taking my MIL out to a play at Sight and Sound on the message of Christmas for her birthday. Gonna be a long day. I hope it goes well........I think she is looking foward to it. (me, I am looking foward to a day home in my jammies, but I won't get that!)Not much else is new. Guess I'd better sign off and attempt to get some rest. See you tomorrow.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #133  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Angie is off to yoga for an hour of work (she gets a free hour of yoga for every hour she works the desk) then she will do a class for herself. Gives me a chance to catch up here.

I had the day off, working tomorrow, so I vacuumed and mopped the floors....then took a nap Did get 5 miles in with the dogs and the treadmill. Just need a couple of more miles to make my 75 mile goal I set each month.

GINNY ~ Enjoy the play! Angie and I go to quite a few plays during the year...we love them.

SCOOTER ~ Great compliment from your co-worker...you certainly deserve it!

CINDI ~ Welcome!

RAY of SUNSHINE ~ Things will work together for your good...He promises us that!

ROSEBUD ~ Take it easy on the packing! Poor Niko! My dogs get scared of the strangest things... for REBA it is trash cans and boxes....for RYLEE it is other dogs...across the street sometimes....she just cowers from time to time when she sees certain ones.

HELLO TO ALL THE MIA'S
Old 10-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #134  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

SCOOTER!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #135  
Rosebud

We had glorious sunshine out there today and warm temps too (in the mid 50's F). Spent the morning packing up my dishes and DH some of his personal stuff. DH went to do a storage run and our car acted up again; but a mechanic friend thinks he finally found the problem for sure this time: hope so, becuz this is getting expensive; but DH is paying the shot this time . Moving time is not a good time for your car to have problems; so ... the guys say that things are supposed to be fixed up by tomorrow: that would be nice.

CINDI ~ join right in; I think 15 lbs shouldn't be too difficult for you; GOD BLESS ...

COUNTING ~ we have another October baby; Ronni and I are too. We have pasta only once a week now; and I measure 1 cup 'cooked' ... with the meatballs and sauce, that's amazingly filling.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

GARY ~ NIKO gets excited if he sees any other dog nearby, as he wants them all to come play with him. He wants every person that goes by to come and pet him; you'd think he gets enuff attention from us, but no ... he soaks it all up ~ lol! He's a good boy.

GINNY ~ we'll be on the move soon; just waiting for the family to move into the new home they bought, then we can start taking some stuff over. The landlord is also doing some painting and changing the bedroom floors; so we are leaving the big stuff for a few days yet, as I don't want them covered with paint (that actually happened to us once before ).

SUNSHINE ~ you are sounding so much better in your last post; so glad that you are feeling more hopeful. No pain is fun to go through, but it's nice to know that 'THIS TOO SHALL PASS'; and we'll look back on it and say ... ahhh, now I see how GOD was working all along. We just had an experience like that ourselves. GARY is so right, GOD is always working things out for OUR good (or for someone else's too).

YES, we must remember to turn our clocks back this weekend ... HELLO to all our MIA's as well!

Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ ascending for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-30-2008 at 11:42 PM.