Old 10-21-2008, 01:56 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 222/213/150

Height: 5'6"

Cool Brand new

Hello,
I am a newby to this type of support forum but from what I have read the people here seem to be very supportive. I am on week two of the Prism weight loss program and am really liking the daily scripture reading and getting sugar free and processed food free. It is amazing how clear your mind is when you get rid of the garbage. I have already had some success just with cutting out the sugar - soda- and other processed junk I have put into my body.
I am hoping there are others out there who are like me trying to reclaim the body and spirit God gave me.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and God Bless you all.
azcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #77  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello!

Rosebud- Praise God for your new home! Isn't it nice when your patience and faithfulness finally sees it's reward? Glad your current landlord is willing to help out too-just makes things easier all around. Best wishes with the packing and moving! And, Happy Birthday from another October baby!

Iris-prayers for you to find a church and peace of mind in facing new and unfamiliar situations- I know exactly where you're coming from All I can really say is that meeting people and doing new things has gotten easier as I've aged, but many times I've had to force myself to go out and do what I knew I needed (like visiting a new church), even though I had butterflies in the stomach and a lump in my throat the whole time. God will provide the courage we need.

Counting-glad you're feeling better and that you got to enjoy the zoo!

azcandy- We're glad to have new people to chat with! This really is a great place for support and help with many things besides our diets.

Ginny-hope you get rested up and don't get too run down during the week. It really is all too easy to get sick when our bodies get a little run down.

We don't have much going on here today-just the homeschool work and maybe some more landscaping, since the weather is still kind of nice. We dug in some edger blocks yesterday and dug out grass, so we can add mulch to one of my flower beds. We've just been mowing around the plants this whole summer DH hates that! So, now it'll be nicely edged and we (or whoever we sell the house to-) won't have to worry about what we're mowing off I'm saving painting the kitchen until later this week, because the weather is supposed to turn much colder, some kind of cold front you Canadians are sending down, I think

Well, hope everyone has a great day! Prayers for you all. Read this in Hebrews the other day-"So whenever we are in need, we should come bravely before the throne of our merciful God. There we will be treated with undeserved kindness, and we will find help." Heb. 4:16. God bless you all!

Last edited by ronni62; 10-21-2008 at 08:48 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #78  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

azcandy Glad you found us! This is a GREAT group of Christian folk - who are wonderful companions on this journey

Ronni - my DH hates mowing around plants as well. We ended up eliminating grass in the entire front yard. The older we get, the more plants and less grass we have.

We are off to SF today for some urban hiking. The hills in SF really do qualify as a "hike" in my book!

Hope you all have a blessed day - prayers ascending.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #79  
Russki Mama

S/C/G: 193/jusstartin/145ish

Hello! I am also a newbie, and not much of an internet girl (except for shopping, Craigslist mostly .
I have just decided to get some support and I love 3fc! I've read for a long time but see from my waistline I need some support. How cool to start on the same day as "az"! Hey there!
I am a forgiven sinner (Christian) and I flog myself daily for what I put in my mouth (mostly sweets). I been on a million diets and I hate them! I know that this is not God's best for me and have come to the foot of the Cross to lay my burden down AGAIN.
I hope to get to know you all, this sounds like a fun place to be!
Blessings!
blessed2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #80  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!

Welcome to Blessed and Candy. This is a great group here.......very supportive and uplifting. Its nice to meet you!

Counting down- hope your hike was fun and the weather good. Nothing like being outside this time of year!

Ronni- you were surely being prophetic there...I had a slight cold which is worsening a bit. Gonna be off to bed soon! Sounds as though you have done a ton of yard work this year! You are hoping to move? Close to where you are?

Rose- congrats on your new home!!!!!! And happy B day!

I am whooped.......gonna go relax for a bit. G'nite! (sorry for being so terse)
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #81  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPY (late ) BIRTHDAY ROSEBUD!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:01 AM   #82  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS FOR THE NICE BIRTHDAY WISHES EVERYONE, GARY, COUNTING, RONNI, and ...

RONNI ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!!

to AZCANDY & BLESSED2BME ~ glad to have you both join us; yes, this group is very nice and supportive.

Had a busy day shopping for fruit and such; laundry, and arranging for utility transfers; still much more to do. DH wants to up to the lot this week to check on things and spend the day for fun; hope the weather co-operates. It's pretty chilly here tonight -5C and we had a fairy sprinkling of the ***flluffy stuff*** last night.

We were hoping that GOD would hold it off until we move; hope the weather warms up a bit over the next two weeks, while we do some more packing too.

Time for bed, take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ are ascending for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:44 AM   #83  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Russki Mama - We LOVE new folk around here! Come back and post often and let us know how you are doing

Ronnie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Rosebud - good luck with your packing!

Hi to everyone else!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #84  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post

Ronnie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Laurie
RONNI ~ Did I miss your birthday? I have been in and out and gone so much. Please forgive me if I did.

Either way ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #85  
Quit counting at 45!

Not much going on around my house. Work, eat, sleep!! We have a shortage of staff so my days fly by and I come home so tired. Thank goodness I don't have little children to look after anymore. I don't know how young working moms do it.

Rosebud: A very belated birthday to you. Also, I'm very happy to hear you found a place to live. God is Good!

Ronni: Happy birthday to you also.

Hello to everyone else!! Hope you all have a great day! I'm off to another busy day at work.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #86  
wishin' for sun!

Blessed2bme - This is a great place for support. I would not be losing again if it were not for these wonderful people, so come and visit often!

Counting-thanks for the b-day greeting. I would love to have one of those magazine yards with all the flowers in the front yard. That would be so cool! Hope you enjoyed your hiking. We've still been having nice weather here (cool, but clear and sunny, until today), so we've been going out for walks around noontime, so DS3 and I can work off some energy. Not sure how far we're going, but probably still less than a mile. Oh, well...

Ginny-I didn't mean for you to get sick Eat some soup and you'll feel much better! Or that's what my mil always says. I do actually think it works, though. Yes, we want to move-long story short, we want to move to a larger town (where we are now is about 500 pop) about 15 miles away-partly for economics (closer to DH's work, our church, DS2's school, grocery store, etc) and partly because our kids have been harassed and assaulted by kids here because we homeschool. The other town is larger and has lots of hs'ers, so we feel like we would fit in better. We just have to get the house sold and find another we can afford (I pray alot!) Had to do a lot of yard work this year because I had injuries from a car accident a couple years ago and couldn't do much the last couple summers, because of wrist, arm and neck pain. Now, I'm doing much better and really getting alot done!

Rosebud-thanks for the b-day greeting- I think about you packing boxes and am so glad you found a place! We had to move in the winter once-no fun, but I'll be praying you get some nice weather and don't have to worry about that fluffy stuff or worse while you are moving.

Hope everyone has a really nice day! Hello to Gary, Courtney, Iris, Sunshine and everyone else!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #87  
wishin' for sun!

Gary-don't worry about missing my b-day, because I didn't tell anyone about it, until I saw that Rosebud was an Oct. baby also. I have lots and lots of friends with Oct b-days for some reason. But, thanks for the greeting! I really appreciate those 'happy b'day's' even though it means I'm getting old!

Wilma-thanks to you too!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #88  
Russki Mama

S/C/G: 193/jusstartin/145ish

Thanks for the greetings!

Ronni - Sorry to hear the reason you are seeking a new home. I'm sorry people can be so difficult. We hs and have for 13 years now. My teens are 3@16 and 1@15 they are well adjusted (mostly) and realize they are blessed2bhomeschooled (most of the time ). To be supported by other hs's is a great encouragement. No doubt you will be blessed in your efforts. Keep up the good work!

Hey Canada Chickies - I am amazed how cold it is there...here in the heart of Texas it's 64 degrees this morning, but supposed to be getting colder later today.

As far as the controling my eating goes...today is a new day and I didn't do so bad yesterday, need to get this body movin though, I'm an excercizephobic. Any ideas? What works for you?
blessed2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #89  
livin life

S/C/G: 153/149/125

Height: 5"4

Hi Everyone! These past weeks have gone by so fast, I know it will just keep going faster as Christmas is coming! (only 9 weeks)! I am trying to get some new motivation I just don't want to start a new year with that same ol' resolution to lose the same 25lbs I wanted to lose last year. So I think I am just going to start over fresh today! Aren't we glad Gods mercies are fresh everyday! Today is the first day I have been home in weeks ( I am a stay at home mom but I just started a business) So I am going to scrub my house today and get some of my sanity back! Welcome everyone who is new! I wish I could do some of those fancy posts with all the welcome signs and smiles but I am a basic poster ( just not sure how to do all that fancy stuff) God bless you all!!!! so off to cleaning I go!!!!!
ray of sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #90  
burned out bus driver

Ray of sunshine- use the advanced post button (think it is so the right of the quick post one) and once it downloads, all the smileys pop up. What kind of business are you in?

Blessed to be me- whatever works for you is good! I walk (with a buddy once a week, the other days solo). Dancing is great.....put on some good tunes, supportive sneakers and dance away. The idea is to move more, and in the beginning, anything is better than nothing. Try going to collage video's web page (google collagevideo) they rate workout DVD's- and have a good questionaire to help select a workout for you. Or call their 800#- their staff is very helpful.

Ronni and Rose......sorry for missing your birthdays! Hope you both had great days.

Wilma- great to hear from you! Hope you can get a few moments for yourself.......I remember your life used to be really busy, much like mine. Its pretty cold up there now, right? Are you still walking?

Hi Gary, Laurie and Healthy.......hope your day is going well.

Gotta go back to work.....this cold really knocked me out last night, but I did sneak in a 2 mile walk this am in the crisp cold air! Blessings to each of you
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote