Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #16  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Rosebud - you can keep your snow! Please don't send it back this way. I'm not even remotely ready for winter yet!

I did clean out my closet last night and put the summer things away and drag out the warm woolies. I'm glad that I squirreled away bargains I found through the year - I have some nice things for winter that I found last spring

Prayers continuing for your housing situation. God will provide, but it is hard to let the worry and anxiety go sometimes. For me, it is a constant test, and I take a lot of baby steps along the way!

Ronni - glad your son's wrist wasn't hurt any worse. Keep us posted on how everyone is doing. Prayers continuing for your family! You are doing GREAT with your plan - 10+ lbs since 9/15 is terrific progress! Congratulations!

Hello to everyone else! I hope you have a blessed Friday!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #17  
livin life

S/C/G: 153/149/125

Height: 5"4

Hey everybody just wanted to say hi I'm new around here, but been lurkin for a while!
ray of sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #18  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ Well, we had a nice mix of sun and rain today; and GOD decided to send us a nice, big rainbow just to lift our spirits, I'm sure: love them, they remind me that "HE PROMISES TO KEEP HIS PROMISES TO US ALL" ... who knows, maybe that was a sign for us to remain ever hopeful!!!

RAY OF SUNSHINE ~ glad you decided to join in; tell us a bit about yourself so that we can get to know you better. This is a nice, supportive group here; and very friendly.

RONNI ~ yes, we had the *** real stuff *** , big, fat snowflakes and all ... LOL! My sister says, "so much for EL NENO (sp?)"; I have to agree, as we've had two cold falls in a row. I also sent up prayers for your uncle and your son's wrist too. When it rains, it pours ... eh; or should I say, when it snows, there's an avalanche? LOL!

THANKS COUNTING ~Yah, I like to do the same; pick up what I can, when I can; for summer and winter. I don't really like the fact that we have *** SNOW *** this early; may mean an early winter, but that's not written in stone, just ice and that can melt ~ lol!

BARGOO ~ just want you to know that I have you on my DAILY Prayer List; lifting you up constantly. Hope you are feeling well today!

HOPE ALL OUR FRIENDS ARE DOING WELL TODAY!

Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ ascending for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-09-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #19  

Ray of Sunshine! Come post often and let us know how you are doing! We love new folk around here

Blessings to all & prayers ascending!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #20  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Ray of Sunshine! This is a great place for encouragement and support. Come in often and share with us!

Again, thanks to everyone for the prayers. No word on Uncle yet-surgery is supposed to be next week. DS's are ok and handling their physical problems ok right now, only showing slightly shorter fuses ! I guess the stress of this year's issues is starting to get to everyone just a little. Would be nice to get away somewhere and not think about anything, but just don't have the money or time to do that. Oh, well......But, I know God will give us the strength to get through.

Today, school & football. I just don't know how people keep up-my house is a mess! Every time I think I'm making a dent in it, one of the DS's has schooling questions (MOM! I can't find this answer! I can't figure out this problem! etc, etc) and I forget where I was working before I was interrupted! Could be age-related, I guess-lol!

Well, hope you all have a great day! Prayers for all of you, including the MIA's. for all!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

I got home late last night for the week-end. My mutts were so glad to see me Angie didn't crate them for bed so they met me when I opened up the garage....a nice surprise for me....doggie kisses

I am getting close to winding up the current project I am on, probably be finished in a week and a half-2. Then I will be home for work for, I hope, until next year. I will be driving a lot when my next big project starts, about 90 miles one way, but at least I will be sleeping in my own bed

I took the dogs out for 3 miles this morning and Angie and I will take them for 3.5 miles then go for coffee tomorrow. We have a birthday party for my little nephew tomorrow also, #2, it's at the park and a real nice weather day is expected.

I made a spinach lasagna and cheese enchiladas today for this week-end, we will go out one night for Mexican food probably, maybe tonight if my DODGERS can get some runs and win this game I am watching...pretty bummed right now! Angie is sitting behind me just cringing everytime they do something to make me mad...I can get pretty vocal

Nephew still in the NAVY it will be 4 weeks in basic training come Monday...I thought they may have sent him home by now

SCOOTER ~ I am sorry to hear about your stepfather Super job on those winter bargains.

ROSEBUD ~ My goodness....what a trying situation on getting that new place. SNOW?! We have hot santa ana winds coming tomorrow....fire danger time of year here.

RONNI ~I don't miss those "homework" nights! Prayers for your uncle. Have fun at the game.

LORI ~ Prayers for those boys and I hope all the counseling works it's way into help for all concerned. Here is hoping the WW continues to be a success

WILMA ~ Not thinkin' I could handle a Canadian winter when it gets under 60 degrees here I freeze!

RAY OF SUNSHINE ~ Welcome!

IRISWISPERS ~Welcome

Well if I don't get back here before the end of the week-end...HAVE A GREAT ONE! PRAYERS
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #22  

LOL - Ronni - priorities, priorities - and for me - the house cleaning was never near the top of the list. And - you know what - it doesn't make a diddly-squat of a difference in the scheme of things. I'm so glad I spent time with the kids and their activities instead of cleaning. REALLY!!!

Gary - glad you took the time to post. We sure miss you when you are traveling for work!!! Stay strong with your eating, and prayers continuing for you and your family. I'm sure it is hard on both you and Angie when you are gone. I know it was hard for us when I was off to TN.

Blessing to all - you are all in my prayers!!! I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!!!

Laurie
Old 10-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #23  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's a beautiful morning here. DH is outside working in the yard and I'm here with my cup of coffee. I have some prep work to do for our Thanksgiving gathering tomorrow. I'm making a broccoli salad and pumpkin pies. YUM! We;re going to my mom's so I don't have to do the "big" stuff.

I've been doing well with my eating but so far not lbs. lost. Trying to keep busy so I don't snack. I find I want to eat especially when I'm bored.

Iris: I think going to a Bible study is a great thing. It keeps you grounded when you are with others who believe the same things you do. Giving God control is hard to do. I keep giving things to Him and then taking them back. My prayers are with you.

Counting: You're right about the priorities. Now that my guys are grown I find out what they remembered about their childhood and not once has a clean house come up. The camping, the fact I was at all their sports events, etc. did. Being there is what is important!

Lori: You're right. Exercise should be fun and what you did going to the zoo was fun and you probably didn't even realize you were getting exercise. I know I need to just get off my butt and get moving.

Ronni: Continued prayers for you and your boys!!

Rosebud: Prayers still going out for housing for you.

We keep getting threats of snow but so far none. They got it in Saskatchewan this week but not here yet. I hope it stays away for a little while yet. We have a bit of work to do in the yard before it comes.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, my fellow Canadian.

Ray of sunshine: Keep posting! We're here for you!

Gary: Nice to see that you're home for a while. I know what it's like to have my DH gone for periods of time. I'm okay during the week because there's plenty to do. I find Sundays the hardest because that was always our day. Thankfully, he's not gone that many weekends.

Think of us up north when it's -30F and you have those great warm winds blowing.

Well, better get going to those pies.

Have a great weekend!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #24  

Wilma - SNOW!?!?
Please, noooooo! I'm not ready for snow yet! Keep up your plan, and those lbs. WILL disappear. It is HARD to be patient about it though! At least it was for me.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I gotta get some more cleaning and bill paying done.

Blessings to all! and - Prayers ascending for each of you and your families
Old 10-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

seriously, those of you with snow can keep it. I moved to just north of the US/Mexico border and one of the major perks of that for me is the warmth!! I was always cold in Pennsylvania!

Today's been rough; sometimes I have trouble with not wanting to go out into public. I hope I'll be feeling better with that tomorrow. I'm still trying to find a church in my new home and going to a new church for the first time is always a little nerve-wracking for me.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #26  
livin life

S/C/G: 153/149/125

Height: 5"4

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I just went to women of faith for the weekend so I was unable to post. I am glad to have found this site! I really need some structure and accountability for eating. Somedays I hardly eat nothin other days I eat candy and chips and every now and again I actually eat well all day!(oh I love those days i feel so good) I have noticed I just feel bad now days when I just eat crap.....so I am ready to learn how to eat. I look forward to all the support! God Bless... oh ps Iris I hope you find a great church that you feel home in!
ray of sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #27  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WILMA ~ HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you too! It was really odd to have snow so early; very unusual, even for here. Like you, we are very far north and we get those -30C temps in the dead of winter too.

HAHA GARY ~ that's very funny! Threats of heat fires and we have very early snow; but this was a fluke I'm sure and it melted as soon as it touched down. Yes, like Wilma said, this housing thing has been more like a roller coaster ride, but we have to trust GOD to show the way ... thanks for dropping by, esp when you have so little time home with Angela and your family these days. Will this project be lasting into the winter months too?

HI TO RONNI,COUNTING, IRISWHISPERS, and RAY OF SUNSHINE ~ hope you all have a great weekend and a blessed Sunday ...

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE and all our MIA'S ... hope you are all well out there!!!

Just stayed home today and did laundry and stuff around the house; nothing much else going on just yet. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS for new housing; very appreciated!

Take good care; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Waiting for my papers to come, they are usually here by 5am Sunday morning but not today

Stayed up late last night to watch football, NASCAR and the Sox-Rays game. Angie was busy sewing some project for my ex-wife's booth at the little fall bazaar they do each year.

Angie and I did our 3 miles/coffee walk yesterday. One of my nieces wants to join us next time...no problem but I don't think she has ever been up or ANYWHERE at 6:30 on a Saturday morning before noon!

Spent most of the day relaxing and at my little nephew's 2nd birthday party.

We had the enchiladas I made on Friday for dinner and even though I didn't use low fat cheese I am down a pound this morning from yesterday to 172! Well within my happy face range....especially for out of town eating.

We will be going to church in a few hours then Angie will sell tickets to the bazaar after service while I run to the shop to drop off time cards. She will play bells in second service then off to the produce market for veggies and fruit. I hope to fix a toilet today then pack for the week....3am departure and 150 miles one way just can't come soon enough...ha-ha .....nah....glad to be working! Then I hope to watch my DODGERS win a game...just like my TROJANS did yesterday

WILMA ~Enjoy your Thanksgiving! Bet those pies are yummy!

SCOOTER ~I lucked out, only had 1 bill to pay yesterday I still could do some more cleaning though! My garage area is a mess from all the travel lately.

ROSEBUD ~ I will finish the project I am on in a couple of weeks, the next one is a few more weeks off probably. I could use a little break and I do have time on the books to cover that. It looks good for the company I work for for the "near" future....but the way things are going....well, let's just say there isn't much to bid out there right now.

RAY OF SUNSHINE ~What a great way to spend SUNDAY...eating and planning for the week in ways to do good things for ourselves

IRIS ~ Prayers for comfort as you look for a new church in your new area.

I hope you are all having a great SUNDAY! HELLO TO EVERYONE!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #29  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Just in for a quick fly-by, but I just had to post this. My little sister (ok, she's only 2 years younger, but a bit taller and much thinner!) -she just finished the Chicago marathon in 5 hours 15 minutes! So, I know nothing about how many people ran it to know how her ranking compares, but I'm still very proud. I will also tell you that she has active MS that weakens her legs and causes her numbness and partial blindness at times. Praise God that she was able to finish! She does it to raise money for her church's international mission organization, but she says that the running helps her feel better, too. Now, hopefully they'll be able to get home ok with all that city traffic-might be quicker to run!

hope you are all having a great Sunday!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

That is awesome RONNI! Angie and I walked a marathon in 2001, took us 5hrs. 43min. but we trained hard with a group for 6 months prior and we were healthy.

I am having a great Sunday, thanks! Church was awesome, weather is perfect lunch was great and grocery shopping was....well it can't be all good now can it?....wink